Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. (50242 Views)

Nigerian Couple Uses Tipper At Their Wedding As Wife Climbs A Ladder / Busari Omolara: Lady Cancels Her Wedding As Fiancé Beats Her / Lady Calls Off Her Wedding As Her Fiance Pours Water On Her At An Eatery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
Konor:

Oga rest! That your juju no go work today undecided

You don't need juju to make front-page... Just create sensible threads.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
Broke because he doesn't fancy oyinbo white wedding? I wonder how y'all Nigerian girls think, people like you will continue being slaves to oyinbo and religion, tell us where white wedding is recorded in the Bible? tell us
It’s very obvious you cannot read.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Workch: 7:02pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

Says another broke fool
Are you a mad woman?

You think doing wedding is all about showing off money? This is the type of useless girl my mama told me to avoid.

I will do white wedding if my wife wants it but it’s not a must and it doesn’t mean I am poor. You are useless girl and you will obviously not make a good wife with the way you comment.
No man should keep your likes as a wife.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 7:03pm On Oct 28, 2021
TheOldGods:
you have time to be arguing with a woman, who bends down to pee. These people are beneath us. Just read her comment, because it is irrelevant. Only reply your fellow men.

No no biko modify this post.

I respect women and they are not beneath us in any way.

Yes they always view things from the emotional and sentimental point of view but then that is what makes them females.

I just don't condole the abusive ones.

7 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Newton2024: 7:04pm On Oct 28, 2021
Divoc19:
Waste of time in deed.
I didn't do any of both self because I don't like the crowd for marriage thing.
What a lucky guy he is grin
How I wish I can have half of your courage.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Throwawayakkant: 7:07pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:
Is it common sense y’all lack? If you call yourself a Christian, you have to do white weddings. What does that have to do with traditions?

If you’re going to reject some parts of the religion, might as well reject the whole and be free.

White wedding isn't in the bible. Just made up. White gowns only started after queen of england wore white dress. Thats like say we shouldn't eat local food again and only eat European food.
You complain no job but the amount of money is spend importing gowns and suits for weddings instead of patronising the local economy.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by ejimatic: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:
To think that some Pastors preach that until you do a white wedding also known as "Church wedding".. You are not considered married...

I call this foolishness that has no basis in our tradition as Africans or even in the Scriptures.

I will advise any man to focus on the traditional wedding and go ahead to register the wedding if they want but if the lady insists on having a white wedding, let her take care of the entire financial demands except you have enough money to throw away.

May we be emancipated from mental slavery
. There are two forms of wedding acceptable in the Nigerian constitution namely Traditional wedding and Statutory wedding ( Registry wedding) . Neither of them requires wearing a white gown. The choice is yours. Some churches have been liscensed by the federal government to also perform statutory wedding. The Federal ministry of Interior through Ikoyi Marriage Registry gives marriage documents to such places of churches.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by folks4luv(f): 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:
Is it common sense y’all lack? If you call yourself a Christian, you have to do white weddings. What does that have to do with traditions?

If you’re going to reject some parts of the religion, might as well reject the whole and be free.
It's funny you are the one that lacks common sense, or say biblical common sense. Mention 1 chapter In the old testament and one in the new where wedding was done in the synagogue or church, or mention 1 place believers were instructed to get married in the church. Then do yourself a favour, Google search history of church wedding and then search for how white dresses became bridal custom.

10 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Throwawayakkant: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
86.57% of Nigerian ladies will not agree with you... They believe that if the pastor has not performed the spiritual blessing of the rings, then the marriage is not complete and “Blessed” by God.

They can wear trad to church wedding.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by womenareapess: 7:08pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:
To think that some Pastors preach that until you do a white wedding also known as "Church wedding".. You are not considered married...

I call this foolishness that has no basis in our tradition as Africans or even in the Scriptures.

I will advise any man to focus on the traditional wedding and go ahead to register the wedding if they want but if the lady insists on having a white wedding, let her take care of the entire financial demands except you have enough money to throw away.

if that vagina haven't be penetrated by no man, hence white wedding useless. undecided
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by dingbang(m): 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
We can just do traditional wedding and have a priest come bless us right in the traditional wedding.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Cubeman: 7:09pm On Oct 28, 2021
Mother Africa... please do not sleep.
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by yeshuasfootstep(m): 7:11pm On Oct 28, 2021
There is still hope for Africa. There is still hope.
At least reading this sensible piece here today has snapped me back from my conclusion that there is no remedy.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Throwawayakkant: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

The people who made the religion are the same people who made the rule. It’s now you want to do, “let’s not follow the white man”.

It’s not everything in the “scripture” that’s practiced, the same way it’s not every y’all practice today that’s in the scripture. It’s still a part of the religion regardless.

So why are you not practicing the religion like them? They have rules that you aren't a human and cant enter heaven. Is that part okay? They have rules you. Can be sold lik3 a slave. That okay? You can pick and choose. If you want white do it. Yhere is np shame. Just say so. The "rule" if white gown is less than 150 years old

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by WHITELIGHTER: 7:12pm On Oct 28, 2021
Well, lessons learnt...my previous marriage which I spent hell on, only lasted under 2yrs...next is only gonna be small trad and I carry madam enter house...if she ain't down with that, I moooove!!

11 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Toks2008(m): 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
WHITELIGHTER:
Well, lessons learnt...my previous marriage which I spent hell on, only lasted under 2yrs...next is only gonna be small trad and I carry madam enter house...if she ain't down with that, I moooove!!

Eyah. Sorry bro.

3 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Thebigheart: 7:13pm On Oct 28, 2021
WibusJaga:

Waste of money & resources indeed. Very few have the courage & determination to defy societal pressure & go against existing norm.
Traditional marriage +blessing by a clergy should suffice.

You don't want white wedding but u still a clergy man to bless the marriage.
Who is deceiving who.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by kpaofame: 7:14pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

You are the one that lack common sense. The marriage rite takes place in "Traditional marriage" "White wedding is not scriptural"

Come with scriptures to back your claims..
So many couples in the bible married just by paying of bride price, no going to the tabernacle to do swearing of oath or rights.

Blind christian all around who know nothing about the scriptures other than what their so called pastors teach them

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by folks4luv(f): 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2021
obembet:

But he did white wedding
And what does it matter? People are not allowed to have a change of opinion in the face of new truths? Ain't saying he did, but in case he did, a truth still remain truth

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by JANK23H(m): 7:16pm On Oct 28, 2021
PlayMaker14:
86.57% of Nigerian ladies will not agree with you... They believe that if the pastor has not performed the spiritual blessing of the rings, then the marriage is not complete and “Blessed” by God.
It's the fairytale experience of putting on a white wedding gown and nothing more.It has nothing to do with spirituality or religion.They are always in la la land.

They know the truth but will always resist.

2 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 28, 2021
Youngpo413:
Some men are risk takers...to marry nowadays ladies is the greatest risk in human history....hiroshima.

baba i go reserve seat for u 4 heaven! over sense dey worry u

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by WHITELIGHTER: 7:18pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

Eyah. Sorry bro.

Thanks Man
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Reeberry: 7:19pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

Na today you white wedding is traditionally wedding to white skins?
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Aquaregia42: 7:20pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

How do you feel when you just said nonsense now? How do you feel?
Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by InvertedHammer: 7:21pm On Oct 28, 2021
Toks2008:

/
Talking to Nigerians about self-love is akin to talking to a wall. They are brainwashed, factory-fitted, self-hating zombies.
/

1 Like

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Oracleforce: 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
Divoc19:
Waste of time in deed.
I didn't do any of both self because I don't like the crowd for marriage thing.
What a lucky guy he is grin

You are so lucky...because hardly can a lady agree to marry you in this dispensation without making sure she dried your 4 years savings on wedding ceremony

At last, either you did elaborate or non-elaborate wedding....it is still the same marriage certificate that will be issued...and this is what count not all these social gatherings in the name of wedding ceremony....

Guys, lets make it a rule without our self that the level of financial commitment of your lady determines ow the wedding ceremony will look like...

If there are such rules, you will see a lot of ladies suggesting to you that they are happy about doing a parlor wedding ceremony

Guys wise up oh....it is because you can still drop some dole that is the reason the lady is respecting and giving you are attention, the moment you are broke, forget about fidelity in marriage because she needs to improvise for the lack of your financial responsibility

Wise up or your die a miserable death...there is no true love in Africa, it is about what you can bring to the table....

Shekinah

6 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by junique629(f): 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2021
She bends down to pee makes you better or smarter, people like you simply irritate me. If you learnt your history well, you would know Nigeria was colonized by the British and as such it is only natural that a few of their customs rubbed off on us. Only a poverty stricken individual such as yourself wouldn't admit how beautiful the white wedding event is and the fact that it is worth adopting. Shove that up you ass, you chauvinistic psychopath
TheOldGods:
you have time to be arguing with a woman, who bends down to pee. These people are beneath us. Just read her comment, because it is irrelevant. Only reply your fellow men.

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by WORLDISMYPARISH(m): 7:26pm On Oct 28, 2021
grin grin grin may your days be long
Toks2008:

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Kissmyassbiach:

In a bid to sound enlightened, you ended up sounding stupid.

Please show me where in the scriptures "white wedding" was mentioned or where they did any of the sort.

In fact did the early Christians do 2 weddings?

You said everyone that commented before you lack common sense when the reverse is the case.

Better be thought a fool and keep shut than to speak and clear all doubts (Obasanjo et al, 1600) undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: This Is Why I See White Wedding As A Waste Of Time And Money In Africa. by Benitoh: 7:28pm On Oct 28, 2021
Sense no go kill you.

Western culture isn't of any value to black man that loves to copy copy.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How To Make Her Start Crushing On You / How To Fall In Love With A Taurus Girl / See Pre-wedding Photos Of Ex-bowen University Course Mates As They Turn Soulmate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.