Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,495 members, 7,830,496 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:44 PM

The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) (49241 Views)

Fishermen Pose With Giant Fish Caught In Gbaranama, Bayelsa (Photos) / Dolphin Caught In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
cry cry cry cry The god of hunger, that they worship, has been allowed to use them... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by ednut1(m): 4:00pm On Oct 30, 2021
Awoleesu:
This is not cool...

Our local fishermen need to be properly educated on which species of aqua life they may catch for food.
u wan educate hungry people lol

2 Likes

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:01pm On Oct 30, 2021
I am not hungry, i am full, i declare i am full, and i bring forth fullness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Adakintroy: 4:02pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Poor animal ...landed in the wrong place.

Bayelsa with just 9 LGAs should be like Dubai.

They can have a marine conservatory/ aquarium.

Keep dolphins and manatees there.

Charge NGN 1000 - 1500 per visitor. 2000 during festive periods.

100 visitors daily = 100k. During festive periods 500 visitors = 500k - 1 million.

But our guys.... peppersoup first.

No be we put the wildlife out on the brink of extinction. It was he white man
So look he direction my finger point. No look here.

Aside una go de sound like wanab/rich smug.. The only reason you can make those observations is because there is chicken on your plate or the possibility for getting one. There are people who have not eaten meat in months. Let that sink in. .

Again if you make that place a tourist site. All the poor locals will be chase out. Only the goverment will make money from it or rich investor. So tell me again were this poor Fisher man go take get him cut. I de ask you oo mr..smartus.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by brainhgeek(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
Oh no. Not again! grin
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by cooljude(m): 4:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Chei cry angry angry
Dolphins come close to humans in water because they are like the dogs (man's best friend) of the sea but in Nigeria we eat them. These animals actually save & fight off Orcas for drowning humans near them and its not a cartoon thing.

One thing I know is that they are highly intelligent and this means that they will learn from this and start avoiding humans.

Who wan drown make e drown. 2 can play the game.

Dolphins are primary source of food for Orcas.... He just b like say u talk sey antelope fight lion to defend one human.

We have a survivalist mentality in Nigeria, we don't think about what is more beneficial to us and our unborn generation. Kill everything now and decimate the Eco system.

1 Like

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
thorpido:
By this time dey don tear am.
Sharp
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by salesbloo: 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

100 visitors daily = 100k. During festive periods 500 visitors = 500k - 1 million.

[img]https://c./MR3nv3lytYQAAAAC/ibu-eating.gif[/img]
8 LGA
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by BlackPantherxXx: 4:05pm On Oct 30, 2021
iLoveYouToo:

Why people we dey chop dolphin go pay 1000 to go see dolphin?

Would you pay 1k to see chickens play around in a cage?

It’s a Nigerian problem, we’re fast turning into China where everything is eaten

So only people from Mecca go there?

Only indigenes of Dubai visit there ?

1 Like

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
cheesy cheesy grin grin The god of hunger and her worshippers have come.

Okay Dolphin pass me ball jare, let's keep it expansive

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 4:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

As simple.as it is!

It requires a whole lot to be able to bring it to fruitition
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Iykoto86(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
BadNews:
Update From . COM

Fishermen in Oyokotoro caught a big Dolphin in the community's river Yesterday October 29, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Oyokotoro which is located in Andoni LGA of Rivers State is where an elephant was recently found in the bush.

See Photos As Obtained By Below:

Source: BLOG
eyaaaa,but these are pretty creatures, but na wa for nija sha.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
iLoveYouToo:

Why people we dey chop dolphin go pay 1000 to go see dolphin?

Would you pay 1k to see chickens play around in a cage?

It’s a Nigerian problem, we’re fast turning into China where everything is eaten
Actually if an good aquarium is built and you have these animals.
People will pay more than that to go see them daily!
Imagine the sight of an octopus

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
exactly, I love expansive thinking, which I see you appreciate, but actually, from a moral perspective, the dolphins, need to be free, they are wonderful beings, that should be free in the seas and ocean, and should not be constricted to cages, for man's economic needs.

Unless we created a mutual partnership with such beings, such that they could come and go as freely as they need to, while we are united through kindness to them, maybe by creating a free place for the dolphins to come and go as they think, they would come regularly for people to appreciate and perhaps, man's economy is enhanced without exploitation.

baralatie:

Actually if an good aquarium is built and you have these animals.
People will pay more than that to go see them daily!
Imagine the sight of an octopus
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by grandstar(m): 4:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Chei cry angry angry
Dolphins come close to humans in water because they are like the dogs (man's best friend) of the sea but in Nigeria we eat them. These animals actually save & fight off Orcas for drowning humans near them and its not a cartoon thing.

One thing I know is that they are highly intelligent and this means that they will learn from this and start avoiding humans.

Who wan drown make e drown. 2 can play the game.

This is small. More dolphins are killed by massive trawlers yearly. Most are from third world countries like china wey no send.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 4:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
SeriouslySense:
exactly, I love expansive thinking, which I see you appreciate, but actually, from a moral perspective, the dolphins, need to be free, they are wonderful beings, that should be free in the seas and ocean, and should not be constricted to cages, for man's economic needs.

I agree but how do you encourage the fishing community to understand aquarium conservation.if they don't see them alive in an aquarium ?
Also this dolphin is a stray (most have been kicked out of its pack).the only way to preserve it would have been an aquarium because the fisherman that caught it would rather deliver it to a conservation than kill it.
And so also for the giant tortoise that missed it's way or let us say needed to rest
Also the other whale family that was very rare but got washed up and so on and so forth.
The aquarium is a necessity
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:19pm On Oct 30, 2021
This does not mean we should support cruelty, this is why we are humans, we are supposed to take the initiative, improve, reflect, not remain stagnant. China is not the master of initiative, we all have the opportunity to decide, to drive the wheel, to see it in ourselves, and to drive it in our our little ways, cheesy cheesy cheesy

grandstar:

This is small. More dolphins are killed by massive trawlers yearly. Most are from third world countries like china wey no send.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Lukaku95: 4:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

pay 1k to watch fish?? You no well
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
grin grin grin god of hunger imposes the never-ending hunger, which means you are bound to hunger even in abundance. Its deception is rather comedic.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by BlackPantherxXx: 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
Lukaku95:

You are not intelligent. Neither are you exposed.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 4:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
Lukaku95:
Have you seen an octopus in real life before?
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by rufai1440: 4:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
This is not a dolphin it is called porpoise.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Lukaku95: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
baralatie:

Have you seen an octopus in real life before?
I don't want to see.. it won't be interesting.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Lukaku95: 4:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:

You are not intelligent. Neither are you exposed.
k
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by gulfer: 4:27pm On Oct 30, 2021
They did not catch the dolphin, it got beached....effect of global warming angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by dajan03: 4:28pm On Oct 30, 2021
If humans can eat dog then what is dolphin. I just pity the innocent animal
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
Lukaku95:
I don't want to see.. it won't be interesting.
grin
You never know!
Because an aquarium is not in Nigeria you will not appreciate it!
It was like the day I saw a real life hyena been chased by bush dogs(freightening but interesting at the same time)

So if a good aquarium conservation center was built.
You will not want to miss it because it will be designed to replicate there natural habitat.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by nku5: 4:29pm On Oct 30, 2021
Chai! Nigeria...the poor animal strayed into a country full of hungry people cry
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
Dolphins at least travel in small pods, or small groups either in family units or as bachelors units. So it's likely other dolphins are not far away, and since its capable of using echo-location, it's not really hard to navigate the terrain for a lost dolphin, this means it is very likely to survive, a long period on its own, it has a complex navigation detection and it's an efficient hunter.

An aquarium is not required for a lost dolphin, it's an intelligent, free being, proven to be self-aware, through the self-recognition test or mirror test. All that is needed is to be pushed back to the waters or relocated to the seaside.

baralatie:

I agree but how do you encourage the fishing community to understand aquarium conservation.if they don't see them alive in an aquarium ?
Also this dolphin is a stray (most have been kicked out of its pack).the only way to preserve it would have been an aquarium because the fisherman that caught it would rather deliver it to a conservation than kill it.
And so also for the giant tortoise that missed it's way or let us say needed to rest
Also the other whale family that was very rare but got washed up and so on and so forth.
The aquarium is a necessity
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by otokx(m): 4:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
Party Scatter @ Andoni.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Kajaard: 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
Very local bush girl. Dolphins are mammals and not fishes angry

2 Likes

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 4:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Dolphins at least travel in small pods, or small groups either in family units or as bachelors units. So it's likely other dolphins are not far away, and since its capable of using echo-location, it's not really hard to navigate the terrain for a lost dolphin, this means it is very likely to survive, a long period on its own, it has a complex navigation detection and it's an efficient hunter.

An aquarium is not required for a lost dolphin, it's an intelligent, free being, proven to be self-aware, through the self-recognition test or mirror test. All that is needed is to be pushed back to the waters or relocated to the seaside.

As long as the move in lac!
There will be selection!
This dolphin got kicked out and it went solo
That is why it just found it's way into Nigerian waters!

An if you want to keep these solo dolphins alive fix them in an aquarium therefore keeping the other free dolphins alive by sensitization

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / What is the true situation of rice in Nigeria? How much does it cost? / Fufu (Akpu): How Much Do You Buy This In Your Area? (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.