Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,294 members, 7,829,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) (49235 Views)

Fishermen Pose With Giant Fish Caught In Gbaranama, Bayelsa (Photos) / Dolphin Caught In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by macof(m): 6:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Poor animal ...landed in the wrong place.

Bayelsa with just 9 LGAs should be like Dubai (correction - Rivers State not Bayelsa. But still...).

They can have a marine conservatory/ aquarium.

Keep dolphins and manatees there.

Charge NGN 1000 - 1500 per visitor. 2000 during festive periods.

100 visitors daily = 100k. During festive periods 500 visitors = 500k - 1 million.

But our guys.... peppersoup first.

[img]https://c./MR3nv3lytYQAAAAC/ibu-eating.gif[/img]

PS - I was at the Dubai Underwater Zoo in December 2020. I alone spent 50k+ with my babe. Ask around, there are ways they easily bleed you out of your money.
grin

Nigerians wey go either starve the marine creatures in the aquarium or they raid the aquarium for fish to do assorted fish pepper soup
No sense

1 Like

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Gorgeous1guy(m): 6:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
Eat dolphin. Eat mercury. Die gradually...

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by afube: 6:20pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Bayelsa with just 9 LGAs should be like Dubai (correction - Rivers State not Bayelsa. But still...).

100 visitors daily = 100k. During festive periods 500 visitors = 500k - 1 million.

PS - I was at the Dubai Underwater Zoo in December 2020. I alone spent 50k+ with my babe. Ask around, there are ways they easily bleed you out of your money.
grin

Valid point but am not surprised, if Lagos with all its cosmopolitan and enlightened class has not done anything tangible with its coastline, is it Rivers state with its legion of "our oyel" proponents that will be so progressive. The Lugardian contraption is a mess.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Kyf1: 6:25pm On Oct 30, 2021
Really
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by hahn(m): 6:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

grin

So that militants can kidnap the visitors abi? undecided
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2021
Commentor:

Can a fisherman be hungry?
Any fish caught is food right?
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Commentor: 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2021
baralatie:

No.

There's poisonous fish, there's protected fish.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 6:32pm On Oct 30, 2021
Commentor:

No.

There's poisonous fish, there's protected fish.
Fisherman in Nigeria don't know the difference!
All fish that is good to eat is classified as food!
They ont even know what a protected fish looks like
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by alphaNomega: 6:36pm On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Chei cry angry angry
Dolphins come close to humans in water because they are like the dogs (man's best friend) of the sea but in Nigeria we eat them. These animals actually save & fight off Orcas for drowning humans near them and its not a cartoon thing.

One thing I know is that they are highly intelligent and this means that they will learn from this and start avoiding humans.

Who wan drown make e drown. 2 can play the game.
That Fingesi girl don already write "we are blessed" for Facebook. I fear they have slaughtered the poor dolphin by now
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 30, 2021
Well said my G, naija got a long way to go ��‍♂️
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

grin
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Lightorder: 6:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
Poor animal. The only sin you committed is that you missed your way to Nigeria. A very playful animal. It is a pity
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by tctrills: 7:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Chei cry angry angry
Dolphins come close to humans in water because they are like the dogs (man's best friend) of the sea but in Nigeria we eat them. These animals actually save & fight off Orcas for drowning humans near them and its not a cartoon thing.

One thing I know is that they are highly intelligent and this means that they will learn from this and start avoiding humans.

It's not like we depend on dolphins for the safety of mankind.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by tctrills: 7:11pm On Oct 30, 2021
baralatie:

You want them to waste that big meat?
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Keals: 7:21pm On Oct 30, 2021
Quite sad.
They just took out one of sailors best friend. I'm sure it probably came close out of trust...
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Adakintroy: 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:

Learn how to construct sentences. Get an education then. And then ... only then can we conserve.

Your IQ is too low to comprehend what I type. No offence.

You not a smart person. This is a third world. The faCtors that contrive to make their realities are not remotely present here. Many of you just want to sound of intelligent so you look good to your nairaland neighbour and friends..like one having modern progressive opinion. . Everytime thread like this comes up one of your kind will read up this cliche. Your all are too Predictable that's why am Offended. One track mind people offend me easily. Expecially the ones with borrowed sophistications.

1 Like

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Enyimbamercedes: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2021
They’ll eat what will eventually kill them
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by chronique(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
All those people in that picture deserve to be shot in the brain for being stupid. They're killing and eating animals fishes that can save a drowning person, and also fight off vicious fishes that attack humans, and they're stupidly and foolishly posing for pictures. Bunch of brain dead imbecilic swines. angry angry angry
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Joguns(m): 7:53pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Funny how we think in this part of the world; we just want to satisfy our momentary appetite rather than something that is 'generative'. Think about the dollars that single dolphin could have been generating for that LG in the next few years. Rather, the pressing appetite had to be satisfied immediately

grin
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by BlackPantherxXx: 7:55pm On Oct 30, 2021
Adakintroy:

[s]You not a smart person. This is a third world. The faCtors that contrive to make their realities are not remotely present here. Many of you just want to sound of intelligent so you look good to your nairaland neighbour and friends..like one having modern progressive opinion. . Everytime thread like this comes up one of your kind will read up this cliche. Your all are too Predictable that's why am Offended. One track mind people offend me easily. Expecially the ones with borrowed sophistications[/s].

I never believed it possible but you sounded even more foolish than the first time.

So pathetic!
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by prizeless(m): 8:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
BadNews:
Fishermen in Oyokotoro caught a big Dolphin in the community's river Yesterday October 29, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Oyokotoro which is located in Andoni LGA of Rivers State is where an elephant was recently found in the bush.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1593299861006143&id=100009784325761

Don't eat Dolphins please
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Munzy14(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
DoggoneDogg:
Chei cry angry angry

Their social life is way higher..

But humans are in charge of all these creatures, so nature must take effect.

That fish caught, is likely going to be days meal for some families in that area.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Emperorone(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
BadNews:
Fishermen in Oyokotoro caught a big Dolphin in the community's river Yesterday October 29, Reports.

From The Information Gathered By , Oyokotoro which is located in Andoni LGA of Rivers State is where an elephant was recently found in the bush.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1593299861006143&id=100009784325761
Poor creature
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SweetyZinta(f): 8:26pm On Oct 30, 2021
BadNews:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1593299861006143&id=1000097843257

Normal countries will see such creatures struggling offshore and they will help it get back to the water. Nigerians will go and set traps to catch and hunt such creatures and eat!!!

Other countries are working hard and inventing new technologies but Nigerians have given up on anything creativity and just wait for Angel Gabriel to blow the trumpet so the judgment can begin.

So, who will make heaven among these categories of people Wake up!!!
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by EMIOMOADEOYE: 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2021
Is there no time that this backward people never think of their bellies

Must everything be food?
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Adakintroy: 9:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:

I never believed it possible but you sounded even more foolish than the first time.

So pathetic!

You too far from your reality. People like you go always find way to tell everyone they went to Dubai. For a start.

. Nigerian weh no fit pay 500 naira go fill stadium for football them profess love for. Na go pay to look animal. You think everyone gives a rat ass about animals like you do?. No be because you get money make you fit go Dubai. Ontop go see animals. To say you de hungry you for choose between your belle and wildlife.

Nobe only black panther you be add kilmonger
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by uptownemmygee(m): 10:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

grin

The state eeehhh no no,
the leaders prefer to stay In abuja or portharcourt
The men prefer to use their little salary to chase girls and the young boys prefers to steal from legit hustlers especially the Igbo's are their main target, the amnesty boys are the worst. Chai I always weep for that state
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by uptownemmygee(m): 10:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

PS - I was at the Dubai Underwater Zoo in December 2020. I alone spent 50k+ with my babe. Ask around, there are ways they easily bleed you out of your money.[/b] grin

The state eeehhh no no,
the leaders prefer to stay In abuja or portharcourt
The men prefer to use their little salary to chase girls and the young boys prefers to steal from legit hustlers especially the Igbo's are their main target, the amnesty boys are the worst. Chai I always weep for that state
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Judybash93(m): 11:22pm On Oct 30, 2021
Just educate the masses and let them know why it's important not to hunt such creatures but no...
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by OdogwuEkeke(m): 11:24pm On Oct 30, 2021
Nigerians should stop this behavior honestly.

Some of these fishes died by poisoning or an unknown illness. I understand there is hunger in the land but why would you expose yourself to unknown diseases or even cancer.
This is how the Ebola pandemic broke out, do your findings you can ask people who studies fisheries in school.
Nobody knows how long the fish has been dead. Not everything you eat oooh.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Godmademan(m): 4:45am On Oct 31, 2021
KingGBsky:
Evil fishermen. Is dolphin supposed to be hunted for? This is just pure evil.
Problem is that these people only see a big fish there. They aren't educated so they don't know the specie and it's significance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / Hope This Method Of Roasting Maize Is Healthy / What is the true situation of rice in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.