Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,414 members, 7,830,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) (49238 Views)

Fishermen Catch Dolphin In Bayelsa Community (Photos) / Fishermen Pose With Giant Fish Caught In Gbaranama, Bayelsa (Photos) / Dolphin Caught In Odi, Bayelsa State (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by BlackPantherxXx: 4:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
Adakintroy:

[s]
No be we put the wildlife out on the brink of extinction. It was he white man
So look he direction my finger point. No look here.

Aside una go de sound like wanab/rich smug.. The only reason you can make those observations is because there is chicken on your plate or the possibility for getting one. There are people who have not eaten meat in months. Let that sink in. .

Again if you make that place a tourist site. All the poor locals will be chase out. Only the goverment will make money from it or rich investor. So tell me again were this poor Fisher man go take get him cut. I de ask you oo mr..smartus.[/s]

Yes.. I am smart. I also reserve my posts for smart ones and not mor0ns.

Don't feel bad.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by lampi: 4:37pm On Oct 30, 2021
most intelligent animal. nawa oo
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:38pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:

So only people from Mecca go there?

Only indigenes of Dubai visit there ?

Lol. The comparisons don’t match; besides when last did you visit a zoo in Naija?
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by iLoveYouToo(m): 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
SeriouslySense:
I would pay, to see wonderful animals do wonderful things, cheesy cheesy

Is there a zoo in your city and when last did you visit?
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Theokolez: 4:42pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry
It's Rivers State not bayelsa
Poor animal ...landed in the wrong place.

Bayelsa with just 9 LGAs should be like Dubai.

They can have a marine conservatory/ aquarium.

Keep dolphins and manatees there.

Charge NGN 1000 - 1500 per visitor. 2000 during festive periods.

100 visitors daily = 100k. During festive periods 500 visitors = 500k - 1 million.

But our guys.... peppersoup first.

[img]https://c./MR3nv3lytYQAAAAC/ibu-eating.gif[/img]

PS - I was at the Dubai Underwater Zoo in December 2020. I alone spent 50k+ with my babe. Ask around, there are ways they easily bleed you out of your money.
grin
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Akharmony: 4:43pm On Oct 30, 2021
Pple wey suppose deh cry....
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
Also, it's an adult, already acclimatized to the sea, and to other dolphins, suddenly transferring it, to an aquarium for sensitization (lo, a perfect excuse), would increase its mental stressors, and it could even cut short its life span.

baralatie:

As long as the move in lac!
There will be selection!
This dolphin got kicked out and it went solo
That is why it just found it's way into Nigerian waters!

An if you want to keep these solo dolphins alive fix them in an aquarium therefore keeping the other free dolphins alive by sensitization
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Yankee101: 4:44pm On Oct 30, 2021
Human friendly dolphins fa
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by normaman(m): 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Dolphins are not (pisces) fishes but mammals of the ocean. They bond easily with humans but this pack of hungry homosapiens have betrayed the trust the have in humans.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by BlackPantherxXx: 4:46pm On Oct 30, 2021
Theokolez:
undecided

Thanks for the correction... but the scenario still applies.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Adakintroy: 4:47pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:

Yes.. I am smart. I also reserve my posts for smart ones and not mor0ns.

Don't feel bad.

You not smart. It was an insult. The way you insult the people who toil to catch that fish for food.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by BlackPantherxXx: 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2021
Adakintroy:

You not smart. It was an insult. The way you insult the people who toil to catch that fish for food.

Learn how to construct sentences. Get an education then. And then ... only then can we converse.

Your IQ is too low to comprehend what I type. No offence.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by mariahAngel(f): 4:54pm On Oct 30, 2021
Kajaard:
Very local bush girl. Dolphins are mammals and not fishes angry

Why are you taking it out on her? cheesy
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
seriously my soul is augmented by animals, so i delight in their uniqueness and sometimes innocence.

I enjoyed the Jos Zoo.

But I also had the privilege of having dogs too and playing with cats.

So it's an expansive experience, to interact with other creatures, even the farm animals I took care of.

It taught me, to be kind and not wicked, to also discard some bad traits from myself which i consider harmful, and not kind.

iLoveYouToo:

Is there a zoo in your city and when last did you visit?
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 5:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
SeriouslySense:
Also, it's an adult, already acclimatized to the sea, and to other dolphins, suddenly transferring it, to an aquarium for sensitization (lo, a perfect excuse), would increase its mental stressors, and it could even cut short its life span.

sad
Ok so right now !! you must feel sorry for the full grown dolphin!!
It has its life cycle drawn into Nigerian kitchens to make peppersoup!
The dolphin would rather live it's remaining life in an aquarium
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Asour: 5:09pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Bayelsa with just 9 LGAs should be like Dubai (correction - Rivers State not Bayelsa. But still...).

100 visitors daily = 100k. During festive periods 500 visitors = 500k - 1 million.

PS - I was at the Dubai Underwater Zoo in December 2020. I alone spent 50k+ with my babe. Ask around, there are ways they easily bleed you out of your money.
grin

Some PETA advocates are against the practice of caging sea creatures for entertainment too.

Ultimately it is a case of relative /subjective morals.

I say everyone does whatever they want to wild animals.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by SeriouslySense(m): 5:10pm On Oct 30, 2021
classic excuse
baralatie:

sad
Ok so right now !! you must feel sorry for the full grown dolphin!!
It has its life cycle drawn into Nigerian kitchens to make peppersoup!
The dolphin would rather live it's remaining life in an aquarium
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by iLoveYouToo(m): 5:12pm On Oct 30, 2021
SeriouslySense:
seriously my soul is augmented by animals, so i delight in their uniqueness and sometimes innocence.

I enjoyed the Jos Zoo.

But I also had the privilege of having dogs too and playing with cats.

So it's an expansive experience, to interact with other creatures, even the farm animals I took care of.

It taught me, to be kind and not wicked, to discard some bad traits from myself.

I hear the management is trying (Jos zoo). You’re like 1 in a 10 thousand. Ever wondered why animals in our surviving zoos look emaciated? We really don’t care about nature and others. We find government an easy target and blame them for everything, forgetting it’s a direct indictment of ourselves

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Swallowurspit(m): 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
I remember growing up in Lagos seeing dogs, cats, goats and chickens around me, but now even lizards are hard to come by.
In UK with lesser animals, you always see squirrels playing around you.
Sometime ago, few Ghanaians were arrested for killing/eating foxes in London.
Some animals would definitely extinct in Africa if we don’t change our hunger orientation.

1 Like

Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by BlackPantherxXx: 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2021
Asour:

Some PETA advocates are against the practice of caging sea creatures for entertainment too.

Ultimately it is a case of relative /subjective morals.

I say everyone does whatever they want to wild animals.

Interesting animal rights angle.

But I would favour tourism here over hunting and eating animal species to extinction.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Daneguakhi(m): 5:16pm On Oct 30, 2021
Blessed Indeed....
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Asour: 5:17pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:

Interesting animal rights angle.

But I would favour tourism here over hunting and eating animal species to extinction.

Me too.

Unfortunately, Nigeria is a poor country(or not a rich country).
Feeding (basic needs) still rank high for many people. So no show.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Chuknovski(m): 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
BlackPantherxXx:
angry

Bayelsa with just 9 LGAs should be like Dubai (correction - Rivers State not Bayelsa. But still...).

grin

Nigerians are evil
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Bamzyriches451: 5:35pm On Oct 30, 2021
Damn
Pepper soup don ready for the whole villagers
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Kajaard: 5:37pm On Oct 30, 2021
mariahAngel:

Why are you taking it out on her? cheesy

No vex joor cheesy

She calling it a fish is taking away the seriousness of what they've done to a very harmless mammal that's the closest to humans of all creatures in the sea cool
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by samology2000: 5:49pm On Oct 30, 2021
Hmnnn.... Lalacious. Lala where is my own share
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by CHARLOE(m): 5:50pm On Oct 30, 2021
This really saddens me! Must u eat every and anything? Dolphins are man's best friend on d seas. A sailor told me a story of how their ship sank and d survivors (about 11 of them) held their hands in a circle with their life jackets on, while suspending in d water. At night, fishes were coming to bite their legs, taking little chunks of flesh at a time. Guess what? a big dolphin came to save them from those fishes by swathing its tail just below them to drive d fishes away. This dolphin protected them for 6 days b4 help came from a passing ship, by then 6 of them had given up, only 5 survived d dreadful ordeal.
Apart frm d fact dolphins are super intelligent, they were obviously created to help man, aside other reasons of course. There shld be a law protecting them.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by ensamy(m): 5:57pm On Oct 30, 2021
What do they want to do with it
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Commentor: 6:03pm On Oct 30, 2021
ednut1:
u wan educate hungry people lol

They are not hungry but primitive.
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by baralatie(m): 6:04pm On Oct 30, 2021
Commentor:

They are not hungry but primitive.
Hungry
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by Commentor: 6:06pm On Oct 30, 2021
baralatie:

Hungry

Can a fisherman be hungry?
Re: The Big Dolphin Fishermen Caught In Oyokotoro, Rivers State (Photos) by watchindelta(m): 6:07pm On Oct 30, 2021
She wrote we are blessed lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hope This Method Of Roasting Maize Is Healthy / A Pot Of Soup I Prepared Today (4,900) / What is the true situation of rice in Nigeria? How much does it cost?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.