Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

How Many Times Have You Changed Church? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Times Have You Changed Church? (10511 Views)

This Is Why I Changed Church / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death" / Laurie Idahosa Wants Her '666' Number Of Instagram Followers Changed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Mystery9(m): 10:47am On Oct 31, 2021
Kajaard:
Once.

Born a Catholic. At University my friends convinced me to attend their Pentecostal churches, hated it to the core. Too many fake people there.

Returned back to my Catholic faith where there is absolutely no controversy cool
Truly confess Jesus as your Lord and savior. Receive the gift of the HolyGhost. Study the word of God, and know God by your self. Then no one will tell you to leave Roman Catholic, but you will do.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by superCleanworks(m): 10:50am On Oct 31, 2021
LollySeaSide:
Oh...

Hello Methodist Church!!!!
1, 2, 3 Sundays and I was already taking readings.
A powerful applause followed my first appearance at the pulpit.
Small but intellectually mighty.
Love(?) increased. Legs opened. Eyes closed. Moans sounded.

well written. little blemishes but what is the fun in perfection? well done.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by MoneyTrees(m): 11:01am On Oct 31, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read comments from all these religion abi religious abi na Christian prostitute jumping from one church to another

Don’t forget to add 5tabs of Blueboy for max trips
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by bodee(m): 11:02am On Oct 31, 2021
uncleinans:
Can't change from Catholic for any reason. I hardly even go to church sef but me finding myself going to another church? Even visitation? Never.

I once attended living faith my then girlfriend took me to and I was like what is this, was angry inside all through the service and another girl I was toasting that year took me to one useless church where they were praying for somebody's enemy to die. I just say well, na Kuntus carry me come here if not I for no they hear that rubish prayers.

Catholic for me even in my next life

Though I'm not a catholic but I can relate to this as well. I was also very angry the very first time I was in that service. Money, seed offering, man worship, self-praise, egotism, plausible "miracles"... were all I could see.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by MrMacinterchi1: 11:06am On Oct 31, 2021
LollySeaSide:
Oh...
Let's see...
Born a Catholic.
Lived with an uncle who attended deeper life. I attended deeper life for about four years, maybe five.
Back to Catholic.
After secondary school, I wanted to have my first girlfriend.
Wooed babe and she says she only dates her church members.
Good and fine.
Off I went to assemblies of God.
Boom!
We dated.
Smashed her for about a year.
Back to Catholic.
Time to move on to the next girl.
Oh my! Don't say whaaaatttt!
It's called youthful exuberance.
Next babe has the same mentality as the previous.
She was head over heels.
But...
We must attend the same church.
Ok then.
Oh my!
One Year passed. Boy! Time to head back to base.
Wait!
She was too sweet to be left.
Another year passed.
Oh no!
I had to move. Move I must!
But what was I to tell her?
That I'm dumping her?
What if she followed me to my church?
I crossed that possibility out.
Her parents were staunch Methodists.
She dares not!
I suddenly started praying to God to create a reason for my escape.
Oh Lord! I don't want to sin no more.
Please make me leave this church so I could stop fornicating!
What a prayer to say.
And then...
The prayer was answered!
What a beautiful Sunday it was!
Harvest was close. Levies have been announced.
All youths who haven't paid would have one leg of their footwear seized.
...and mine was seized!
What!!!!
In the house of God?
She too was furious.
"This is total rubbish!"
She exclaimed.
Next Sunday...
"In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy spirit."
And I answered, "Ameeeeeennnnnnnn!!!!
It was a new parish priest.
Tall, young and absolutely "priestly".
"Welcome back home, son", said me to myself and I.
I have been laughing my ass out here lolgringrincheesy
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Bamzyriches451: 11:16am On Oct 31, 2021
Damn
Catholic church or nothing, when I travel to a new environment if there's no catholic church nearby then ain't going to church till I travel back

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by MrMacinterchi1: 11:16am On Oct 31, 2021
Mystery9:

Truly confess Jesus as your Lord and savior. Receive the gift of the HolyGhost. Study the word of God, and know God by your self. Then no one will tell you to leave Roman Catholic, but you will do.
with this your mentality and level of reasoning (which are not sound in any degree),it shows that you lack the spirit and love of what you claimed you have received. You need to study the said word of God more so that you will learn to be Christ-like in real Sense of it.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by anu3: 11:28am On Oct 31, 2021
I've changed churches several times over. I was born Catholic/Pentecostal (Dad/Mum). So, in my younger days I attended both at random. I attended a Catholic boarding school at some point, but had to leave because of much trouble from seniors and my dislike for too many programs.

About the end of secondary school days, I really didn't consider going to churches as exciting anymore, and I always felt bored going, except if I had friends there.

Fast forward to after secondary school, I had some major crisis in my life which almost led to death. Then I started Repenting of sins, and really started taking church seriously. I focused on a Pentecostal because I thought they were more inclined towards Hot prayers. But I only kept ignoring lots of WRONG things among the members, and unfortunately including the leaders, and even 'the MAIN founder of the popular church himself".

I saw that they were more concerned about prayers, deliverance, miracles and Money, not necessarily about overcoming sins: Holiness without which no one will see God.

Although, I had just been made one of the youth minister in the up coming campus fellowship, but I had to leave the system altogether. Later I went to a branch of a very common church nearby, but didn't stay long as well.

Then I decided to join a branch of another popular, Holiness preaching church well-known around. It seemed better, and I stayed for few years. But later I realized they too have issues with the leadership system, particularly in the area of Money and Popularity. Jesus said one cannot serve God and Mammon.

That was my last church, I had to leave because Jesus said if the leader is blind, he will lead others into the ditch (hellfire). I saw that the common problems they have in common is mainly in the areas Money and Popularity. Jesus said love not the world and the things in it.

Just read the new testament, try to compare any pastor or preacher with Jesus or men like Paul (NOT PERFECT but christlike men) especially in the areas of Money and Popularity, then you should not be deceived by spiritual gifts, miracles, bible knowledge, eloquence, prosperity, mega-churches worldwide, etc., if you truly belong to God's kingdom.

By their FRUITS you shall know them (NOT necessarily by their Gifts, Prosperity or Greatness).

Grace...

Matt.7.21 - "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, BUT ONLY he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.

Matt.7.22 - Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform MANY MIRACLES?'

Matt.7.23 - Then I will tell them plainly, 'I NEVER KNEW YOU. Away from me, you evildoers!'

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by WaterWalker5(m): 11:41am On Oct 31, 2021
Was born into The Apostolic Church but changed for a Pentecostal which at the time was Winners. Later left Winners for another Vibrant and better church which was Kingsword Ministries. But right now because of distance, I attend a Church close to me
In total I've changed church like 3times
What's more important is the message not the pastor or the people. I still miss my KingsWord guys but the message is more important
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by raphy(m): 11:53am On Oct 31, 2021
I don change church 3 times

But some people will never set foot in church but they are Christians.so church is not for everyone.but some ppl.like party
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Vinnie2000(m): 11:57am On Oct 31, 2021
Stauch Catholic here!
Never changed church@All..
But
I am open-minded! I have attended Redeemed, Celestial and Winners Chapel! smiley

Also remember one fine, Busty but churchy Babe That took me to Dominion City!
They were already trying to Put me in a Unit b4 I move Quick Quick!
E Pain say I nor Bang the babe, Honesty! lipsrsealed embarassed

4 Likes

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by akaahs(m): 11:58am On Oct 31, 2021
Isn't in my DNA to even attend a programme in a church apart from my parent church talk more of changing a church, never till I leave this world.
A catholic I'm born into and a catholic I die into.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Omoluabi16(m): 12:01pm On Oct 31, 2021
None. I've only ever had one church. Though I've tried different churches.
akaahs:
Isn't in my DNA to even attend a programme in a church apart from my parent church talk more of changing a church, never till I leave this world.
A catholic I'm born into and a catholic I die into.
Una don start. Carry catholic for head like gala. will catholic take you to heaven? Abi Una no hear say no church in heaven. Pray to die in Holiness(Jesus) rather than this na my church better pass wey Una like do.

3 Likes

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by akaahs(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
[quote author=LollySeaSide post=107209556]Oh...
Let's see...
Born a Catholic.
Lived with an uncle who attended deeper life. I attended deeper life for about four years, maybe five.
Back to Catholic.
After secondary school, I wanted to have my first girlfriend.
Wooed babe and she says she only dates her church members.
Good and fine.
Off I went to assemblies of God.
Boom!
We dated.
Smashed her for about a year.
Back to Catholic.
Time to move on to the next girl.
Oh my! Don't say whaaaatttt!
It's called youthful exuberance.
Next babe has the same mentality as the previous.
She was head over heels.
But...
We must attend the same church.
Ok then.
Oh my!
One Year passed. Boy! Time to head back to base.
Wait!
She was too sweet to be left.
Another year passed.
Oh no!
I had to move. Move I must!
But what was I to tell her?
That I'm dumping her?
What if she followed me to my church?
I crossed that possibility out.
Her parents were staunch Methodists.
She dares not!
I suddenly started praying to God to create a reason for my escape.
Oh Lord! I don't want to sin no more.
Please make me leave this church so I could stop fornicating!
What a prayer to say.
And then...
The prayer was answered!
What a beautiful Sunday it was!
Harvest was close. Levies have been announced.
All youths who haven't paid would have one leg of their footwear seized.
...and mine was seized!
What!!!!
In the house of God?
She too was furious.
"This is total rubbish!"
She exclaimed.
Next Sunday...
"In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy spirit."
And I answered, "Ameeeeeennnnnnnn!!!!
It was a new parish priest.
Tall, young and absolutely "priestly".
"Welcome back home, son", said me to myself and I.[/quote
Na wa oo. Did all this really happened to u Abi Na fiction ni??
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Vinnie2000(m): 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
PoliteActivist:

You sure? See below.
This is just one country o - France

My Brother, forget about those Figures! sad

In News reportage, Figures are mostly Exaggerated and stated Sensationally! sad

In any Human group, there are normally Bad Eggs! The Catholic Church worldwide is still waxing stronger, abuse or no abuse!.. smiley

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Chinny024(f): 12:13pm On Oct 31, 2021
Never!!! grin
Born a Catholic,married a Catholic...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by FlipModeSquade(m): 12:15pm On Oct 31, 2021
Who church epp?

Scammers!!

Religion is a SCAM!!!!! angry

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by ismodiwa(m): 12:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
Hmnmm
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by xynerise: 12:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
Na boxers?

Well, those miracle hunters have something to say
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by PoliteActivist: 12:43pm On Oct 31, 2021
Vinnie2000:

My Brother, forget about those Figures! sad

In News reportage, Figures are mostly Exaggerated and stated Sensationally! sad

In any Human group, there are normally Bad Eggs! The Catholic Church worldwide is still waxing stronger, abuse or no abuse!.. smiley

You are the one that said there are no controversies in the Catholic church!

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by FunNoStrings(m): 1:19pm On Oct 31, 2021
Mystery9:

Like Scott Hahn did.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by LollySeaSide: 1:20pm On Oct 31, 2021
akaahs:

Na wa oo. Did all this really happened to u Abi Na fiction ni??

It did.
It's a true life story.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by DWJOBScom(m): 2:14pm On Oct 31, 2021
theamazonguru:

Guy you made me laugh out loud.
Funny guy.
I write so I Know a good writer when I see one.
Don't waste that talent/skill.

And please stop fornicating.
Jesus loves you.

Amen
He truly loves
Yes , Jesus loves and still loves
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by MrNipplesLover(m): 2:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Thank you, father.

❤❤❤❤
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by 1Sharon(f): 2:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
Kajaard:
Once.

Born a Catholic. At University my friends convinced me to attend their Pentecostal churches, hated it to the core. Too many fake people there.

Returned back to my Catholic faith where there is absolutely no controversy cool

Cos the old men in the catholic church don't run through the young girls abi? Yeye
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by 1Sharon(f): 2:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
RoyalBoutique:
Only religiously confused people change church.

Because God is present in one church and not the other

I thought god is everywhere?
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by akaahs(m): 3:12pm On Oct 31, 2021
Omoluabi16:
None. I've only ever had one church. Though I've tried different churches. Una don start. Carry catholic for head like gala. will catholic take you to heaven? Abi Una no hear say no church in heaven. Pray to die in Holiness(Jesus) rather than this na my church better pass wey Una like do.
No be so, the kind thing wey some churches dey do and preaches ehhhhh. Better remain in one place and face Ur God.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by placeofallure(f): 3:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
I attend a family church. I have never changed church. While in the university, I attended the school chapel but anytime I'm back to base, I attend my church. There's only one God though. He is the same everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fires Of Hell / Is There A Difference Between A Church And A Ministry / Pope Condemns Gossip, Describes It As A "Plague Worse Than COVID"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.