Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 AM

How Many Times Have You Changed Church? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Many Times Have You Changed Church? (10513 Views)

This Is Why I Changed Church / Samuel Akinbodunse: "Why God Changed My Prophecy On Buhari’s Death" / Laurie Idahosa Wants Her '666' Number Of Instagram Followers Changed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Toobet(m): 3:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
Once and with a strong reason

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Vinnie2000(m): 4:17pm On Oct 31, 2021
Toobet:
Once and with a strong reason

Care to share?
I really want to Hear it!

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by musicwriter(m): 5:32pm On Oct 31, 2021
List of churches I've attended at one point or the other.

Catholic church
Jehovah's witnesses
Presbyterian church
Assembly of God church
Chosen christmatic revival
Synagogue church of nations
Deeper life
Christian praying assembly.
Then our GO, the most high, Reverend, sir, Dr, King Ezeugo went to prison, I stopped going to church shortly before that. I am waiting for the man of God to come out of prison so I can resume.

There are many other churches I just stepped in once or twice. If your church is a popular church, there's a good chance I've been there before.

My verdict? Religion is the death of logic and reason. It de-activates your logical, reasoning mind and stop you from questioning, therefore, it makes you stupid and dumb at the end.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by BENEFICIAL12(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2021
OP...

HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU CHANGED GOD?
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by anu3: 6:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
musicwriter:
List of churches I've attended at one point or the other.

Catholic church
Jehovah's witnesses
Presbyterian church
Assembly of God church
Chosen christmatic revival
Synagogue church of nations
Deeper life
Christian praying assembly.
Then our GO, the most high, Reverend, sir, Dr, King Ezeugo went to prison, I stopped going to church shortly before that. I am waiting for the man of God to come out of prison so I can resume.

There are many other churches I just stepped in once or twice. If your church is a popular church, there's a good chance I've been there before.

My verdict? Religion is the death of logic and reason. It de-activates your logical, reasoning mind and stop you from questioning, therefore, it makes you stupid and dumb at the end.

John.3.2 - He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

John.3.3 - In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by FullBlastLight: 6:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Since 5years know i have never step my foot in one even though am a christian

U're simply not a good Christian, bt a very passive one!

No true Christian can comfortably rebuff going 2 Church in contradiction of d scriptural injunction regarding assemblage!
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by temitope27(m): 7:22pm On Oct 31, 2021
Bonesbreaker:
Since 5years know i have never step my foot in one even though am a christian
u still dey learn from me, am just 25 and is been 8 years I've been to church
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by labelle123(f): 7:36pm On Oct 31, 2021
Changing church is not my thing.
Catholic all the way
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Toobet(m): 7:41pm On Oct 31, 2021
[it's a story for another day
quote author=Vinnie2000 post=107218676]

Care to share?
I really want to Hear it![/quote]
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by musicwriter(m): 8:23pm On Oct 31, 2021
anu3:

John.3.2 - He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

John.3.3 - In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again. "

Of course, anytime someone (including pastors who've made more sacrifice for Christianity than you) is fortunate enough to wake up from the falsehood of Christianity and free themselves from Christianity, the response from the sheeple still stuck in the church is always that the person wasn't a true Christian. Everyone already knows that.

Funny enough, you don't even understand the meaning of "being born again" because you can only understand it within your religious dogmatism and conditioning, which is part of the problem of religion. But being born again as understood by the ancient people who created the concept before anybody heard of a religion called Christianity, means coming out of your religious dogmatism, coming out of stupidity, coming out of ignorance, and growing beyond that old life. If you understand what it means to be born again, you'll realize you cannot be born again as a Christian because you can never grow beyond your bible.

Being born again was explained in details in part of the article: what's Satan? For details, see https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by mkpurumma090(f): 8:58pm On Oct 31, 2021
LollySeaSide:
Oh...
Let's see...
Born a Catholic.
Lived with an uncle who attended deeper life. I attended deeper life for about four years, maybe five.
Back to Catholic.
After secondary school, I wanted to have my first girlfriend.
Wooed babe and she says she only dates her church members.
Good and fine.
Off I went to assemblies of God.
Boom!
We dated.
Smashed her for about a year.
Back to Catholic.
Time to move on to the next girl.
Oh my! Don't say whaaaatttt!
It's called youthful exuberance.
Next babe has the same mentality as the previous.
She was head over heels.
But...
We must attend the same church.
Ok then.
Hello Methodist Church!!!!
1, 2, 3 Sundays and I was already taking readings.
A powerful applause followed my first appearance at the pulpit.
Small but intellectually mighty.
Love(?) increased. Legs opened. Eyes closed. Moans sounded.
Oh my!
One Year passed. Boy! Time to head back to base.
Wait!
She was too sweet to be left.
Another year passed.
Oh no!
I had to move. Move I must!
But what was I to tell her?
That I'm dumping her?
What if she followed me to my church?
I crossed that possibility out.
Her parents were staunch Methodists.
She dares not!
I suddenly started praying to God to create a reason for my escape.
Oh Lord! I don't want to sin no more.
Please make me leave this church so I could stop fornicating!
What a prayer to say.
And then...
The prayer was answered!
What a beautiful Sunday it was!
Harvest was close. Levies have been announced.
All youths who haven't paid would have one leg of their footwear seized.
...and mine was seized!
What!!!!
In the house of God?
She too was furious.
"This is total rubbish!"
She exclaimed.
Next Sunday...
"In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy spirit."
And I answered, "Ameeeeeennnnnnnn!!!!
It was a new parish priest.
Tall, young and absolutely "priestly".
"Welcome back home, son", said me to myself and I.

You crazy? grin
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by LollySeaSide: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2021
mkpurumma090:

You crazy? grin
Yeah.
Something like that.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by mkpurumma090(f): 9:05pm On Oct 31, 2021
Chinny024:
Never!!! grin
Born a Catholic,married a Catholic...

I need this... It's a necessity for me
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Karleb(m): 9:11pm On Oct 31, 2021
Upto 8 times.

But I don't see anything taking me away from RCCG.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by anu3: 9:30pm On Oct 31, 2021
musicwriter:

Of course, anytime someone (including pastors who've made more sacrifice for Christianity than you) is fortunate enough to wake up from the falsehood of Christianity and free themselves from Christianity, the response from the sheeple still stuck in the church is always that the person wasn't a true Christian. Everyone already knows that.

Funny enough, you don't even understand the meaning of "being born again" because you can only understand it within your religious dogmatism and conditioning, which is part of the problem of religion. But being born again as understood by the ancient people who created the concept before anybody heard of a religion called Christianity, means coming out of your religious dogmatism, coming out of stupidity, coming out of ignorance, and growing beyond that old life. If you understand what it means to be born again, you'll realize you cannot be born again as a Christian because you can never grow beyond your bible.

Being born again was explained in details in part of the article: what's Satan? For details, see https://www.africason.com/2021/07/what-is-satan.html

Hmmm... Well, not to argue, though. But I've had some major church issues too. That subject is not very easy for man because it says further:

John.3.6 - FLESH gives birth to FLESH, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

John.3.7 - You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

John.3.8 - The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

And, one interesting thing is that Jesus was talking to a great religious leader in that context; this I think Jesus would also say to many of our great pastors and church founders of today as MANY seem to be blinded by the love of Money, Popularity and the world.

Hmmm... All right.

Take care.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Chinny024(f): 10:21pm On Oct 31, 2021
mkpurumma090:

I need this... It's a necessity for me
God will grant your heart desire..
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by musicwriter(m): 12:08am On Nov 01, 2021
anu3:

Hmmm... Well, not to argue, though. But I've had some major church issues too. That subject is not very easy for man because it says further:

John.3.6 - FLESH gives birth to FLESH, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit.

John.3.7 - You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You must be born again.'

John.3.8 - The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

And, one interesting thing is that Jesus was talking to a great religious leader in that context; this I think Jesus would also say to many of our great pastors and church founders of today as MANY seem to be blinded by the love of Money, Popularity and the world.

Hmmm... All right.

Take care.

There was no Jesus. Because the concept of getting saved by a messiah and going to heaven is older than 7,000 years. Assuming Jesus was a real person, so many Messiahs already saved Jesus himself. One of them was called Horus.
Horus was born by a virgin.
His birth was foretold by an angel.
When he was born he was visited by three wise men.
He was given 3 gifts by the 3 wise men.
He was a child wonder.
He performed many miracles; like healing the sick, turning water to wine, raising the dead, etc.
He had twelve disciples.
He was betrayed and killed by his enemy.
He was crucified.
On the third day he resurrected and ascended into heaven where he stays in the right hand side of the father (Osiris) to judge the world. Again, this story was already there before Christianity.
For details, refer to the link given earlier.

Christianity is a fraud!!
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by MrMacinterchi1: 12:20am On Nov 01, 2021
paduaultimate:

Honestly, I just dey inside church de read this come de laugh grin
na inside church you de type. let me go and gossip.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by WeRblessed(f): 1:11am On Nov 01, 2021
Catholic Catholic and forever catholic !

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Felimax(m): 11:05am On Nov 01, 2021
Justkatty:
Never
Born Catholic
Raised Catholic
Pray to remain Catholic after marriage and also die a Catholic.

That is why I love real Catholics. You can take them out of the village but can never take the village out of them. You have my quote up there. I must collect the last sacrament.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by anu3: 3:32pm On Nov 01, 2021
musicwriter:

There was no Jesus. Because the concept of getting saved by a messiah and going to heaven is older than 7,000 years. Assuming Jesus was a real person, so many Messiahs already saved Jesus himself. One of them was called Horus.
Horus was born by a virgin.
His birth was foretold by an angel.
When he was born he was visited by three wise men.
He was given 3 gifts by the 3 wise men.
He was a child wonder.
He performed many miracles; like healing the sick, turning water to wine, raising the dead, etc.
He had twelve disciples.
He was betrayed and killed by his enemy.
He was crucified.
On the third day he resurrected and ascended into heaven where he stays in the right hand side of the father (Osiris) to judge the world. Again, this story was already there before Christianity.
For details, refer to the link given earlier.

Christianity is a fraud!!

Ok bro... I can only wait till you believe the scripture inspired by the Holy spirit, and not your reason. The just shall live faith not by sight or reason.

2Tim.3.16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Prov.3.5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Take care.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by musicwriter(m): 6:10pm On Nov 01, 2021
anu3:

Ok bro... I can only wait till you believe the scripture inspired by the Holy spirit, and not your reason. The just shall live faith not by sight or reason.

2Tim.3.16 - All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Prov.3.5 - Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;

Take care.

The bible was not inspired by any holy spirit, rather it was inspired by power seeking Greco-Roman priests bankrolled by the Roman empire for political purposes.

The bible was written so that all Roman colonies would be ruled under one religion. Indeed, their church; the Roman Catholic church used to be the only church in the world until the first denomination split from it in 1054 in what's called the great schism.

1 Like

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by anu3: 6:23pm On Nov 01, 2021
musicwriter:

The bible was not inspired by any holy spirit, rather it was inspired by power seeking Greco-Roman priests bankrolled by the Roman empire for political purposes.

The bible was written so that all Roman colonies would be ruled under one religion. Indeed, their church; the Roman Catholic church used to be the only church in the world until the first denomination split from it in 1054 in what's called the great schism.

Hmmm... I'll only have to repeat my previous post.

Anyway, thanks for talking to me.

Goodbye.
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by destinychidi: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2021
Kajaard:
Once.

Born a Catholic. At University my friends convinced me to attend their Pentecostal churches, hated it to the core. Too many fake people there.

Returned back to my Catholic faith where there is absolutely no controversy cool
is there no fake people in catholic?
you don't know what is pursuing you
Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by Justkatty(f): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2021
Felimax:

That is why I love real Catholics. You can take them out of the village but can never take the village out of them. You have my quote up there. I must collect the last sacrament.
That would be my greatest joy before leaving this world......Mother Mary will continue to intercede on our behalf.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Many Times Have You Changed Church? by mkpurumma090(f): 8:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
Chinny024:

God will grant your heart desire..
. Amiii smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Fires Of Hell / Is There A Difference Between A Church And A Ministry / Pope Condemns Gossip, Describes It As A "Plague Worse Than COVID"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.