Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,821 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

The Fires Of Hell - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fires Of Hell (10503 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Warns Members About Sister Linda's Message Of Hell / Woman Gets A Glimpse Of Hell After Suicide Attempt / MFM Fires 50 Pastors For Stealing Church Money (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
The Fires of Hell
April 7, 2013

"And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquity: so is the tongue among our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature; and it is set on fire of hell" (James 3:6).

Since the tongue can be a "world of iniquity" if it is "set on fire of hell," this implies that hell itself is not merely a "lake of fire" but is essentially a world of iniquity where "he that is unjust" and "he which is filthy" are unjust and filthy still (Revelation 22:11), separated forever "from the presence of the Lord, and from the glory of his power" (1 Thessalonians 1:9). This is the destiny of all who "obey not the gospel of our Lord Jesus Christ" (v. 8.)

Their resurrected bodies presumably will be quickly consumed by the very real fires of the fiery lake, but their spirits are eternal, created in the image of God, and will continue to exist eternally in a world of iniquity, having spurned Christ's free gift of righteousness and love. This will not be mere physical suffering but spiritual suffering.

The hell described in Islam's Qu'ran is quite different. It consists of physical tortures of all kinds, described frequently throughout the book, seemingly with relish by its author as the destiny of all "infidels" (meaning all who refuse to become Muslims and submit to a god called Allah and his prophet Muhammad). On the other hand, a very sensual paradise is repeatedly promised to all faithful male Muslims, with dozens of "dark-eyed" nymphs available to serve them (little is said about rewards for faithful women).

Christians and Muslims have some beliefs in common, of course, but the overriding consideration in comparing them must always be the fact that Christ alone has defeated death and can save all who come to Him in faith, promising eternal life in a real heaven with no more tears and no more pain (Revelation 21:4). HMM

For more . . . .
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 6:32pm On Apr 07, 2013
Henry Morris, Ph.D. | Apr. 7, 2013

lol grin
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2013
frosbel: Henry Morris, Ph.D. | Apr. 7, 2013

lol grin

Did his article scare the hell out of you? shocked
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:
Did his article scare the hell out of you? shocked

If there was a HELL, of course the Lake of Fire exists, two different things, why should a believer be scared of such a place ?

Keep your deeperlife dogmas to yourself smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2013
frosbel:

If there was a HELL, of course the Lake of Fire exists, two different things, why should a believer be scared of such a place ?

Keep your deeperlife dogmas to yourself smiley

You certainly don't believe in the existence of hell just as atheists don't believe in the existence of God yet you and them jump when you hear such names. undecided
Re: The Fires Of Hell by trekkie: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
@olaadegbu
long time. where you been. don't comment much but do read your articles.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 7:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^

I know you are bound by the creeds and dogmas of your church, it's difficult to perform a personal analysis on scripture in this case.

You are on the same page with Catholics , Muslims and Greek pagans on this one .

My bible speaks of 2 places :

1. The Grave or Hades or Hell as translated by KJV
2. Lake of Fire - where the wicked , demons and SATAN are thrown in after the judgement.

Or have you forgotten :

" It is appointed unto man to die once and after this judgement " .

Deeper life translates this to mean an immediate hell after death , but the bible begs to differ, it says we die once and then are raised either to destruction or life at the end of this age.

Leave these cults and PhD holders, read your bible like a true worker who need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of TRUTH.

smiley smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by amanda2013(f): 7:20pm On Apr 07, 2013
only frosbel wil go to heaven cos in hs mind, he is d only one practising the scripture. Chei! If men were GOD!

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 07, 2013
amanda2013: only frosbel wil go to heaven cos in hs mind, he is d only one practising the scripture. Chei! If men were GOD!

hmm, I never made such claims sister.

grin

smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by negbenebor(f): 7:55pm On Apr 07, 2013
You are on the same page with catholics,muslim,greek pagan.......@frosbel who are you to judge,remember judgement is for God
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:24pm On Apr 07, 2013
There is a place called hell fire as told in the story of Lazarus and the rich man by Jesus and I BELIEVE IT TOTALLY.
Jesus also warned severally about fearing him(God) who is able to destroy both the bod and the soul and I BELIEVE IT TOTALLY.
I also believe in the lake of fire that comes up after the judgment- I BELIEVE IT TOTALLY.
I BELIEVE TOTALLY IN ETERNAL TORMENT AND ETERNAL LIFE IN HEAVEN.
Anybody can believe whatever he wants and interpret whatever he wants yet this is where I STAND.
And of course nothing concerns me about hell and its torment and lake of fire. I am bound for heaven by God's grace. Whatever those who are there sees, thats for them. Mine is heaven by God's grace.
I DONT NEED CHEAP GOSPEL FOR IT PROFITS ONLY MY BODY AND KILLS MY SOUL.

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:30pm On Apr 07, 2013
frosbel: ^^

I know you are bound by the creeds and dogmas of your church, it's difficult to perform a personal analysis on scripture in this case.

You are on the same page with Catholics , Muslims and Greek pagans on this one .

My bible speaks of 2 places :

1. The Grave or Hades or Hell as translated by KJV

Deeper life translates this to mean an immediate hell after death , but the bible begs to differ, it says we die once and then are raised either to destruction or life at the end of this age.

Leave these cults and PhD holders, read your bible like a true worker who need not be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of TRUTH.

smiley smiley

STILL YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS AND MISINTERPRETATIONS JUST AS YOU FEEL THAT DEEPER LIFE AND THE OTHER CHURCHES ARE MISINTERPRETING IT. YOU CANT CLAIM THAT YOURS IS RIGHT WHILE THE OTHER IS WRONG. YOU DONT HAVE MONOPOLY OF BIBLE INTERPRETATION, NO SIR. ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT HAVE.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 10:33pm On Apr 07, 2013
alexleo:

STILL YOUR PERSONAL VIEWS AND MISINTERPRETATIONS JUST AS YOU FEEL THAT DEEPER LIFE AND THE OTHER CHURCHES ARE MISINTERPRETING IT. YOU CANT CLAIM THAT YOURS IS RIGHT WHILE THE OTHER IS WRONG. YOU DONT HAVE MONOPOLY OF BIBLE INTERPRETATION, NO SIR. ONLY THE HOLY SPIRIT HAVE.

I agree.

But God does not contradict himself, something is wrong when we have 2 or more views on the same truth. smiley

What has helped me after leaving deerperlife and Apostolic faith , is an independent ability to reason through scripture without the interference of other people's opinion or the creeds and dogmas of their organisations , which in most cases are held as infallible.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:37pm On Apr 07, 2013
OLAADEGBU:

You certainly don't believe in the existence of hell just as atheists don't believe in the existence of God yet you and them jump when you hear such names. undecided

YEAH. BUT I ALSO HAVE TO ADVISE THAT YOU DON'T ALSO FOLLOW CHURCH TRADITIONS STRICTLY. NOT EVERY PRACTICE IN DEEPER LIFE IS CORRECT, SAME WITH MY CHURCH APOSTOLIC FAITH. DEVELOP AN OPEN MIND WHEN YOU ARE HERE AND LEARN, AFTER LEARNING SUBJECT IT TO THE APPROVAL OF THE HOLY SPIRIT AND IF ITS RIGHT BEGIN TO RE-ORIENTATE YOUR MEMBERS. NO CHURCH IS PERFECT. WE KEEP LEARNING AND GROWING. DE-COLONIZE YOUR MIND OF DEEPER LIFE COLONIZATION. ITS ALL ABOUT JESUS AND NOT CHURCH. THANKS MY BROTHER.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 10:42pm On Apr 07, 2013
frosbel:

I agree.

But God does not contradict himself, something is wrong when we have 2 or more views on the same truth. smiley

What has helped me after leaving deerperlife and Apostolic faith , is an independent ability to reason through scripture without the interference of other people's opinion or the creeds and dogmas of their organisations , which in most cases are held as infallible.

yes to study the word independent minded is also good to an extent but in some cases, risky. In all, we need to be careful both in following church traditions/doctrines and being independent minded. Thanks
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 10:53pm On Apr 07, 2013
[quote author=alexleo]There is a place called hell fire as told in the story of Lazarus and the rich man by Jesus and I BELIEVE IT TOTALLY.

This is a parable.

For starters :

1. The rich man had no name
2. A soul , if it exists, cannot have a mouth or hands as this parable suggests.
3. There was a significance to his parable, let us deal with that later.

Also, you cannot form a doctrine on one verse while ignoring the rest of the bible that does not line up with this concept. Scripture has to test Scripture from OT to NT.

Jesus also warned severally about fearing him(God) who is able to destroy both the bod and the soul and I BELIEVE IT TOTALLY.

All the wicked including SATAN and his demons will be destroyed in the lake of fire, and this is what Jesus referred to most of the time.

When we die, the next thing is judgement after the resurrection which is either unto life or everlasting destruction called the second death.

Hebrews 9:27
King James Version (KJV)
27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

There is ONLY one judgement in the bible , there is no interim judgement between death and the resurrection, all the dead are in their graves/hades/sheol or hell as the KJV likes to translate.

Daniel explain this quite well when he said :
"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." - Daniel 12:2

Jesus corroborated this by saying :
"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out--those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned." - John 5:28-29

There is ONLY one judgement brother.

I also believe in the lake of fire that comes up after the judgment- I BELIEVE IT TOTALLY.

and so do I

Wrong.

Eternal torment is not scriptural, words such as perish and destroy are used to describe the fate of the wicked.

Second death means irreversible death for even death itself according to revelation shall be destroyed , and then in revelation 21, GOD emphatically states that there will be no more death.

Death is a condition in this context not a process that never ends.

I DONT NEED CHEAP GOSPEL FOR IT PROFITS ONLY MY BODY AND KILLS MY SOUL

The cheap gospel is not about hell, it is the gospel that waters down God's standards to the point where many think they are saved or will be saved when they are not.

We have 2 choices in this life brother,. LIFE and DEATH , not LIFE and eternal torment.

"This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live" - Deuteronomy 30:19

All through the bible , the warning has always been :

- the soul that sins , it shall die
- repent or perish
- the wages of sin is death
etc.

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 11:03pm On Apr 07, 2013
^^^^ thats for you. I still stand where i stand.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 11:06pm On Apr 07, 2013
One more thing brother Alexleo, not one of us, if we are saved will live in HEAVEN, we will live in a rejuvenated earth, after the wicked have been destroyed and earth is purified by God's fire.

Let me explain ( had this study with my family in this evenings devotion time ) ;

See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.

The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,[/b]
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more." - Isaiah 65:17-19

and

"22 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord" - Isaiah 66:22-23

and

" Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband..." - Revelation 21: 1-2

and finally

"7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly......But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells." - 2 Peter 3:13
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 07, 2013
alexleo: ^^^^ thats for you. I still stand where i stand.

it's not easy bro, it took me years to throw away tradition and rely on the bible and God's wisdom together with other brethren.

I am not here to change your mind, I am just stating what I have learnt in the past 3 years which has totally destroyed the man made doctrines that in many cases have no biblical basis.

smiley
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Pygru: 1:18am On Apr 08, 2013
Beware of false teachers (anti hell, anti rapture, etc ).
They fell
(Reprobates and Apostates).
They also want you to fall.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by mazaje(m): 2:12am On Apr 08, 2013
Where is the holy spirit to come to the aid of my friends here?. . .
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Ken4Christ: 5:13am On Apr 08, 2013
With deep interest,I read through all the comments you all made so far on hell. frosbel is right.I will give my reasons.

The scripture talks about eternal torment. Here are some of them,

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. (Revelation 14:9-11)
This passage refers to the era of the anti Christ and the punishment that will follow those who worship the image of the beat. Notice it says, they shall have no rest day nor night.

When one dies, there is an instant judgment. Those who reject the gospel or Christians that not live right will be held in the custody of hell until the final judgment day. It is like when you arrest someone, until he is taken to court, he is kept in detention. But after he is convicted, he will be thrown into cell to serve his punishment. Hell is a place of detention for offenders.

The story of the rich man and Lazarus is not a parable. No specific names are mentioned in parables. The fact that the rich man's name was not mentioned does not make it a parable. Jesus deliberately withheld his name. Two specific character where mentioned- Lazarus and Abraham. Tell me, name any parable that Jesus gave that he called specific name. There is none. This one is not a parable. Jesus was recalling an incident that happened years before now by the Spirit of God. The rich man died and lifted up his eyes in hell. But Lazarus went to Abraham's bosom. If this does not convince you, I will give you another proof.

When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, the book of Jude revealed to us that they are currently suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7). Note the word suffering is used in present continuous term.

When man dies, his body is buried in the grave but his soul goes to hell if he doesn't know Jesus. His spirit go to heaven if he is born again the very day he dies. The soul of a man has complete features as the physical body. Our physical body is just like a house. The very essence of life comes from the soul or the spirit. So, death is not a cessation of existence. Your soul is even more sensitive without the body. How do you feel when you are without a clothing? Your body becomes more sensitive to weather conditions.

How do you think Jesus won his victory? The victory was not won on the cross. Jesus went to hell during the three days his body was in the grave. It was in hell he defeated the devil and released Abraham and all the Old Testament Saints that where in his bosom.
For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. {let me: or, I may} Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption. This Jesus hath God raised up,
whereof we all are witnesses. (Acts 2:25-32)

Jesus said in Revelation 1:17-18; "And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead. And he laid his right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not; I am the first and the last: I am he that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death. How did you think Jesus got the key of hell?

When you die, you are still fully yourself as you were in your earthly body. The only difference is that you cannot function on the physical world. But in the spirit world, you look exactly the same.

In the final judgment day, hell will release those detained there for judgment. "And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to
their works. (Revelation 20:13)

I have many more proofs but I will stop here to know if the explanation I gave is clearly understood. Otherwise, I will give more in my subsequent post. I am well acquainted with virtually all the scriptures that refers directly or indirectly with eternal judgment.

If you want to have revelation about any subject, dwell more on the New Testament. The Old Testament in most cases hveE limited revelation on certain subjects. That was why Paul calls it. 'types and shadows' of the new. Jesus came to give us clearer picture on many subjects. Try and read all that Jesus taught about hell in the gospels. You will know that he is talking about a literal place of punishment. He calls the lake of fire, furnace of fire.

May God give us the grace to overcome every temptation that will cause us to go there. It is a most terrible place to be.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by chinedumo(m): 7:25am On Apr 08, 2013
^^^ nice points
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:16am On Apr 08, 2013
trekkie:

@olaadegbu

I took time out to recharge my battery. It is for believers like you that view the articles but rarely comment that keeps me posting. It is encouraging that you make a comment or two as you have just done so that we can keep on fighting the good fight of faith. I covet your prayers though.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by OLAADEGBU(m): 11:19am On Apr 08, 2013
trekkie:

@olaadegbu

God bless you. With your prayers we'll keep the articles coming and put spanners into the spoke of the charlatans

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 11:44am On Apr 08, 2013
[quote author=Ken4Christ]With deep interest,I read through all the comments you all made so far on hell. frosbel is right.I will give my reasons.

I don't think we agree.

The scripture talks about eternal torment. Here are some of them,

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. (Revelation 14:9-11)
This passage refers to the era of the anti Christ and the punishment that will follow those who worship the image of the beat. Notice it says, they shall have no rest day nor night.

Wrong.

1. They are tormented day and night for a period because the bible quite clearly says that in the new world there will be no more Night.

"There will be no more night....." - Revelation 22:5

2. Jesus Christ and the Holy Angels are not going to watch these pathetic creatures in torment for all eternity , I am sure there are better things to do.

When one dies, there is an instant judgment. Those who reject the gospel or Christians that not live right will be held in the custody of hell until the final judgment day. It is like when you arrest someone, until he is taken to court, he is kept in detention. But after he is convicted, he will be thrown into cell to serve his punishment. Hell is a place of detention for offenders.

LIE.

There is one Judgement, nothing like instant judgement , except you are calling Jesus a LIAR when he said :

"Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and they will rise again. Those who have done good will rise to experience eternal life, and those who have continued in evil will rise to experience judgment." - John 5:28-29

Note here, that these people are dead and in their graves, not in heaven or hell, they will be resurrected and judged, this is the same as the white throne judgement.

It is appointed to MAN to die once and after that ( resurrection ) judgement not judgments.

The story of the rich man and Lazarus is not a parable. No specific names are mentioned in parables. The fact that the rich man's name was not mentioned does not make it a parable. Jesus deliberately withheld his name.

Did Jesus tell you that he deliberately withheld the name of the rich man , or is this your assumption ?

Besides what is a SOUL ? The bible never refers to a MAN as a SOUL independent of his body.

For example :

"And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul." - Genesis 2:7

and

"And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit." - 1 Corinthians 15:45

A Soul refers to the complete MAN , for when he dies his body returns to the grave and his life which is the breath or spirit of God returns to GOD.

I am sure Solomon knows far more than us, when he said :

"and the dust returns to the ground it came from, and the spirit returns to God who gave it." - Ecclesiastes 12:7

If we assume that something called a SOUL leaves the body at death , which is the stuff of Greek Pagan Myth, then we have a problem , for a spirit or ghost cannot have a physical tongue to taste with and by implication a head and body etc.

Let us engage our God given brains smiley

Two specific character where mentioned- Lazarus and Abraham. Tell me, name any parable that Jesus gave that he called specific name. There is none. This one is not a parable. Jesus was recalling an incident that happened years before now by the Spirit of God. The rich man died and lifted up his eyes in hell. But Lazarus went to Abraham's bosom. If this does not convince you, I will give you another proof.

It was a Parable.

"He did not say anything to them without using a parable. But when he was alone with his own disciples, he explained everything." - Mark 4;34

When God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah, the book of Jude revealed to us that they are currently suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. "Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7). Note the word suffering is used in present continuous term.

Sodom and Gomorrah does not exist today, it was destroyed by the eternal fire of GOD.

When man dies, his body is buried in the grave but his soul goes to hell if he doesn't know Jesus.

Wrong.

"The living at least know they will die, but the dead know nothing. They have no further reward, nor are they remembered." - Ecclesiastes 9:5

The dead do not know anything. In death there are no thoughts, no knowledge, no wisdom, no emotions, no work nor device, and certainly no consciousness, for without thoughts there can be no consciousness.

Death is exactly like a very deep sleep; consequently the Bible frequently refers to death as sleep. When a person dies, he is simply in the grave, where he will remain until the resurrection. He has no thoughts; he is unconscious, exactly as if he were in a very deep sleep.

If the dead are alive somewhere else then the resurrection is a JOKE !!!

His spirit go to heaven if he is born again the very day he dies.

Show us where this is stated in the bible. smiley

Jesus told his disciples that he was going to prepare a place for them and when he had completed this arrangement , he will come back for them. hmmm , are you saying he has come back to take them in a secret rapture.

Let's hear what Job thinks about your theology.

"And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:" - Job 19:26

See here, Job did not say after his body is destroyed he will see GOD in the spirit or as a soul, nay , he quite clearly said that he will see GOD in the BODY which implies a resurrection of this same body.

David was surely not mad when he said :
Psalms 13:3 Consider and hear me, O LORD my God: lighten mine eyes, lest I sleep the sleep of death;

and Lord Jesus who knew what death actually entailed said about Lazrus when he dies :
John 11:11-14 ...Our friend Lazarus sleepeth; but I go, that I may awake him out of sleep. Then said his disciples, Lord, if he sleep, he shall do well. Howbeit Jesus spake of his death: but they thought that he had spoken of taking of rest in sleep. Then said Jesus unto them plainly, Lazarus is dead.

Then Daniel's statement on the resurrection , which implies the awakening of the dead from their sleep, fits in nicely as below :
"Multitudes who sleep in the dust of the earth will awake: some to everlasting life, others to shame and everlasting contempt." - Daniel 12;2

The soul of a man has complete features as the physical body. Our physical body is just like a house. The very essence of life comes from the soul or the spirit. So, death is not a cessation of existence. Your soul is even more sensitive without the body. How do you feel when you are without a clothing? Your body becomes more sensitive to weather conditions.

Not at all in the bible, this is your own wisdom.

1 Like

Re: The Fires Of Hell by Nobody: 11:52am On Apr 08, 2013
My advice to young Christians, do not be misled by cults, organisations or empires of MEN , who lay down doctrine as though it were LAW, not to be argued with or disobeyed.

The Holy Spirit is your teacher, ask God for wisdom and read your bibles.

Do not be afraid of the 'gods' , MEN have built in the pulpits.

God can use a babe in Christ even more powerfully than many so called apostles, senior pastors and Phd holders.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 12:41pm On Apr 08, 2013
frosbel: One more thing brother Alexleo, not one of us, if we are saved will live in HEAVEN, we will live in a rejuvenated earth, after the wicked have been destroyed and earth is purified by God's fire.

Let me explain ( had this study with my family in this evenings devotion time ) ;

See, I will create
new heavens and a new earth.

The former things will not be remembered,
nor will they come to mind.
18 But be glad and rejoice forever
in what I will create,[/b]
for I will create Jerusalem to be a delight
and its people a joy.
19 I will rejoice over Jerusalem
and take delight in my people;
the sound of weeping and of crying
will be heard in it no more." - Isaiah 65:17-19

and

"22 “As the new heavens and the new earth that I make will endure before me,” declares the Lord, “so will your name and descendants endure. 23 From one New Moon to another and from one Sabbath to another, all mankind will come and bow down before me,” says the Lord" - Isaiah 66:22-23

and

" Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband..." - Revelation 21: 1-2

and finally

"7 By the same word the present heavens and earth are reserved for fire, being kept for the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly......But in keeping with his promise we are looking forward to a new heaven and a new earth, where righteousness dwells." - 2 Peter 3:13

I ve no problem with this message
Re: The Fires Of Hell by alexleo(m): 12:44pm On Apr 08, 2013
frosbel:

it's not easy bro, it took me years to throw away tradition and rely on the bible and God's wisdom together with other brethren.

I am not here to change your mind, I am just stating what I have learnt in the past 3 years which has totally destroyed the man made doctrines that in many cases have no biblical basis.

smiley

Am okay with this too just that caution is also needed as we do it so as not to derail.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by deebrain(m): 6:57pm On Apr 08, 2013
alexleo: There is a place called hell fire as told in the story of Lazarus and the rich man by Jesus and I BELIEVE IT TOTALLY.
Anybody can believe whatever he wants and interpret whatever he wants yet this is where I STAND.
And of course nothing concerns me about hell and its torment and lake of fire. I am bound for heaven by God's grace. Whatever those who are there sees, thats for them. Mine is heaven by God's grace.
I DONT NEED CHEAP GOSPEL FOR IT PROFITS ONLY MY BODY AND KILLS MY SOUL.

Sir. Jesus was telling a PARABLE. An imaginary story using events to drive home a lesson to hearers. Learn the lessons from a parable-dont create a belief from it.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by Ken4Christ: 10:52pm On Apr 08, 2013
frosbel, you did not comment on the scripture that says that Jesus soul was not left in hell. How did his soul got to hell if man is completely unconscious after death in the realm of the spirit?
“For David speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord always before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moved: Therefore did my heart rejoice, and my tongue was glad; moreover also my flesh shall rest in hope: Because thou wilt not leave my soul in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption. Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance. Men and brethren, let me freely speak unto you of the patriarch David, that he is both dead and buried, and his sepulchre is with us unto this day. Therefore being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his throne; He seeing this before spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soul was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.” (Acts 2:25-31)

You also did not answer the question- how did Jesus took the keys of hell and death if his soul did not go to hell?
Before I continue to enlighten you, I want to give you the basis for correct scripture interpretation

1. Not everything in the Bible is truth but everything is truly stated. Yes, the scripture says the Bible is inspired by God but the entire content is not all God’s word. I will give you examples.
a. The devil spoke and his words were recorded. The fact that it is in the Bible does not convert his words to God’s word
b. The donkey also spoke. Is the donkey’s word the word of God because it is in the Bible?
c. Some men spoke their minds. Are those words also the words of God? For instance Job during his afflictions said so many things that are not in consonant with God’s character. “And said, Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the LORD gave, and the LORD hath taken away; blessed be the name of the LORD. (Job 1:21)
Job implies in this verse that both good and evil comes from God. So if someone dies, it is the Lord that is responsible. This is why so many religious leaders till date use this verse to console themselves during death. Job was only speaking his mind and what he said is not God’s word.
When Jesus came he let us know that the devil is the one responsible for all evil – “The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.” (John 10:10).
Even James confirms that only good things comes from God. “Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. (James 1:17).

So, you see why you cannot just use any scripture you see to buttress your point. Even God himself rebuked Job for his wrong comments - Then the LORD answered Job out of the whirlwind, and said, Who is this that darkeneth counsel by words without knowledge? (Job 38:1-2). The Lord told Job here that most of the things he said are words without knowledge.
Even David that wrote most of the psalms did not know it all. They all had limited knowledge. So all he said cannot be used authoritatively. The only authority you can rely on is the authority of Jesus and his Apostles. Jesus came and gave us better understanding on spiritual matters. So if you will continue to use any scripture to argue your case, I am not ready to debate with you because we will never agree. Try and focus more on the New Testament. It is the new light that God has given to us. Having said that, I will now begin to throw more light on the issues I raised earlier on.

1. You said the torment will not be forever. Your proof is not based on scripture but on reasoning.
The word says there will be no more night in the new world. Yes that is correct. But it was not referring to the lost world. Those that are thrown into the lake of fire will be in another world.
You are not the one to decide how long the Angels will supervise their torment. Besides, there is no time in the spirit world.
If you are saying the torment will not be forever, it means those in the lake of fire will come back to God and serve him. You also know the devil will also be thrown into the lake of fire. Are you saying that God will stop tormenting the devil and the devil will be free again to fight against God?
“And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. (Revelation 19:20)
And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever. (Revelation 20:10).

So, please the word of God is very clear on this. If he says it is forever, then that is it. That is why we urge all to repent now.
The Angel of God warned, “And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. (Revelation 14:9-11)
The book of revelations warns us not to add or subtract from the prophecy given. “And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book. (Revelation 22:19). Subtracting from it can cost you your salvation. Please, you must not will all argument even to the detriment of your salvation

2. You said that the Bible says there is one judgment. I agree but I am only explaining to you the process of the judgment. If the dead does not continue to live after death, why did Jesus promised the thief that he shall be with him in paradise that very day. Was Jesus drunk when he gave that promise? And Jesus said unto him, Verily I say unto thee, To day shalt thou be with me in paradise. (Luke 23:43). I know that many Bible scholars have attempted to rephrase what Jesus said as meaning that he was making a promise that day of a future event. You can always twist the scripture to suit your preconceived opinion.

When Paul was about to end his ministry, he told his disciples that he is in the valley of decision. He is trying to chose between staying with them a while or leaving them to be with the Lord. Paul knew when he has passed on from here; he will be with the Lord. “For I am in a strait betwixt two, having a desire to depart, and to be with Christ; which is far better: (Philippians 1:23). He did not say it as something that will happen on the resurrection day. He said it as someone that knows that as soon as he dies, he will be with the Lord. Paul won't call it a better option if he was going to wait till resurrection day.

Now Jesus said Abraham saw his days and he his happy. If Abraham is unconscious, how did he see the day of Jesus? “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. (John 8:56).
I gave a simple illustration. When a police arrest you for a crime, you are detained until you are either proved innocent or guilty. Hell is a place where all those who reject the gospel of our Lord Jesus gets detained until the judgment day.

3. You said a soul refers to the complete man. I do not know whether you read English in school. I guess you did. It is very wrong to give one single meaning to any word. Haven’t you used dictionary to check out the meanings of words before? If you have, you will notice variance usage and meanings from the same word. Sometimes a word can have up to 7 different usage or meaning, So, what determines the meaning of a word is the context in which the word is used.
Yes, there are sevaral scripture were the word soul is used to mean the person as a whole. But it also used in another sense.
And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ. (1 Thessalonians 5:23 ).

Paul here talks about our spirit, soul and body. This is what makes the complete man. In another place, he says that it is only the word that can separate the soul from the spirit. That means, they look like the same thing but they are not. “For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12 ). Our Lord Jesus also distinguished between body and soul. “And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Matthew 10:28)
In this context, the word soul does not refer to the whole being. If it does, Jesus would not make the distinction.

4. You said Jesus did not speak without a parable. So all he said was parables. Even John 3:16 is a parable. Please, let us be honest with ourselves. Read all the parables of Jesus and compared them with the story of the rich man and Lazarus. You will see the marked differences. Winning an argument should not make you blind. If you read most of Jesus parables, you will see consistency in the presentation. He usually starts with ‘The Kingdom of heaven is likened unto….in most of his parables. No specific names are mentioned in parables. No one will even need to tell you he was speaking in parables on those occasions. But on the story of the rich man, let’s look at it again.

“There was a certain rich man, which was clothed in purple and fine linen, and fared sumptuously every day: And there was a certain beggar named Lazarus, which was laid at his gate, full of sores, And desiring to be fed with the crumbs which fell from the rich man's table: moreover the dogs came and licked his sores. And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham's bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom. And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame. (Luke 16:19-24)

Go and ask any English student. When you say there was a certain rich man, the word certain makes it a definite article and not generic. If he had said, there was a rich man, we would have been tempted to believe it is a parable. Now he went further to say that there was a certain beggar. Another definite article. Even if he had stopped there, it would still convey the fact that he is referring to a particular person. But he went further to give his name. I don’t know what more to say. Jesus is narrating an event that took place several years before that time. The fact that it does not agree with your theology does not mean you can call it whatever you want to call it. Even if it was a parable, you can only make parables with things that are practicable. So, it still conveys the massage that after death, there are two destinations you go to instantly. Heaven or hell.

5. Yes Sodom and Gomorrah does not exist but Jude 7 says the inhabitants are suffering the vengeance of eternal fire currently in hell. “Even as Sodom and Gomorrha, and the cities about them in like manner, giving themselves over to fornication, and going after strange flesh, are set forth for an example, suffering the vengeance of eternal fire. (Jude 1:7).
6. You quoted Eccl 9:5 which reads; “For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. This was Solomon talking and not God. Like I said earlier on, not everything in the Bible is God’s word. There are even times Paul will say I and not the Lord in his statement.
7. When Jesus says Lazarus is sleeping, it did not say he was unconscious in the realm of the spirit. He later told his disciples that he meant Lazarus is death. When you sleep, don’t you see yourself in places in dreams. You look exactly the way you are in the physical. Did you carry your physical body along with you? Many a time you will not know it is a dream until you wake up. This is how death is. In the physical, you are lifeless, but you will find yourself somewhere else in the realms of the spirit. Have you ever asked yourself which part of your being was involved in the dream. It certainly is your soul. You can still feel yourself, touch things, interact like in normal life. There is life in the spirit world. Paul said once that his spirit was caught up to the third heaven. He was not too sure if his body was carried along. There are people whose spirit have left their bodies to visit the realm of the spirit and they come back and enter their body again.
“I knew a man in Christ above fourteen years ago, (whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink such an one caught up to the third heaven. And I knew such a man, (whether in the body, or out of the body, I cannot tell: God knowethwink How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words, which it is not lawful for a man to utter (2 Corinthians 12:2-4). Paul knew it was possible for his spirit to leave his body. Your spirit is the real you. Your body is just a case housing your spirit. Death simply means your spirit has been separated from your body and it leaves on either in hell or in heaven. We use the word soul for unbelievers because their spirit is dead.

I know you will want me to clarify why the Bible says we shall rise on resurrection day. “For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him. For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: (1 Thessalonians 4:14-16)

If we say that when we die, our spirit goes to heaven, why then does the Bible say that the dead in Christ shall rise first? Those that died in Christ are with him with their spirits and not with their bodies. So, when Jesus comes to take us home, the spirits of those that are dead in Christ will come with him and they will be re united with their physical bodies. Look at the underlined phrase above. ‘Even so them also which sleep in Jesus God WILL BRING WITH HIM. How will God bring them with Jesus if they were not with him? This is the mystery if life. How do you think your dead body will rise without the spirit? It is your spirit that gives your body life.

Whatever disposition you take on this article, if you don’t accept them now, I pray that one day, God will give you an understanding heart.

God bless all the readers and if you have any questions on any subject you can reach me on kenmacaulay@ymail.com. Thank you for the opportunity to share with you the truth of God’s word.
Re: The Fires Of Hell by honourhim: 9:10am On Apr 09, 2013
@ken4christ,
Thanks for this beautiful exposition you made and may God bless you. The way Frosbel is busy gathering scriptures here and there to drive his point, obviously tells me he is just wrong. This exactly is the way pastors who deceive the congregation into parting with their hard earned money go gathering bible quotations anyhow just to convince us to give. One thing I cannot do is to joke with the message of my eternal destiny and as such I can't believe frosbel. Those who likes sweet messages can believe for all I care. What shall it profit me to believe him only to see when I die that his message is false. How then do I get chance to come back to life and change the false believe. And I lose my soul to hell just like that? God forbid.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Prophet Uebert Angel Finally Meets Rev Dr. Chris Oyakhilome. [VIDEO, PICTURES] / Is There A Difference Between A Church And A Ministry / I'm Just A Teen, So Why Should I Pay My Tithe?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.