Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:43 AM

Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) (5958 Views)

Biafra: Igbos Want To Reconolize South-South-waziri Ringim / Home Of Former IGP, Hafiz-Ringim Bombed / Hafiz Ringim Seeks Asylum In The UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by kokoA(m): 8:43am On Jun 05, 2011
Welcome to Fresh Air grin grin grin I dey laff. So, what will G ;GEJ do about this?

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/8429-why-i-visited-bankole-%E2%80%94-ringim.html

The Inspector General of Police (IGP) yesterday said his visit to House of Representative Speaker Hon. Dimeji Bankole was purely on social grounds and not to stop or influence the operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) from arresting him.

Ringim, in a statement by the Force spokesman, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Olusola Amore said it was a mere coincidence that at the time he visited Bankole to apologize for not attending a social event the speaker earlier invited him to, the EFCC were also there in an attempt to effect his arrest.

He said he was neither aware of the presence of anti-corruption officials nor did he interact with any of them.

Amore said: "The attention of the Inspector General of Police, Hafiz Ringim, has been drawn to publication in the media that he intervened or stopped the arrest of former Speaker, Hon. Dimeji Bankole.

"The IGP wishes to state clearly that he did not direct, instruct or intervene in the arrest of the former speaker by the EFCC. For the avoidance of doubt, the EFCC is not under the control or command of the Inspector General of Police.

"It was a mere coincidence that when EFCC operatives came to the house of the former Speaker, the IGP paid him a social visit to apologize for not attending a social event which the former Speaker had invited the IGP.

"The Inspector General of Police was not aware of the presence of the EFCC at the former Speaker’s residence nor did he speak to or interact with EFCC operatives.

"EFCC which is not under the command of the IGP is at liberty to invite the former Speaker or anybody without recourse to the IGP."
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Nobody: 4:38pm On Jun 05, 2011
igp is a big liar
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by maddock(m): 6:47pm On Jun 05, 2011
To prevent the EFCC from doing their jobs is rather unfortunate but coming out to deny publicly is an insult our collective intelligence is uforgiving. All these people can never excape nemesis for all their attrocities done to this great country.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by oderemo(m): 7:04pm On Jun 05, 2011
this guy is shameless, igp for that matter.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by jacobs123(m): 7:09pm On Jun 05, 2011
IG, Thanks for the explanation!

When you saw the stand off between EFCC Policemen and Bankole's Policemen, what did you do?

This is what I call Fresh AIR! but seriously if this statement is from the IG, we have to wonder how dumb you need to be to make it in Nigerian Police force. We better equip Boko Haram to collect our guns from Nigerian Policemen.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Knight1(m): 7:16pm On Jun 05, 2011
THE IGP IS DEFINITELY NOT A SMART INDIVIDUAL/ LIAR.
THE LIE IS SO STUPID YOU WONDER HOW THE BRAINS THAT CONCOCTED IT CAN KEEP UP WITH THE CRIMINALS OF THIS PRESENT DAY.
PAYING SOCIAL VISIT DURING OFFICE HOURS? STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!!!
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Patsey: 8:00pm On Jun 05, 2011
Nigeria remains a hopelessly doomed country where its Inspector General of Police (IGP) has the gut to aver, in a national media, that he 'visited, purely on social grounds', the erstwhile (Rogue) Speaker of Nigeria's House of Representative, Dimeji Bankole (In fact, I wonder why he's still addressed as Honorable in spite of his countless dishonourable acts). As the Police Chief of the entire nation, he should have made good use of his office by facilitating the arrest Dimeji Bankole. By doing otherwise, he has blatantly assaulted the intelligence and sensibilities of all Nigerians without an exception, treating its countrymen and women as fools. This country is irrevocably damned.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by OmoTier1(m): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2011
Well, who appointed the IGP? Was the IGP chosen on merit or was his appoint not a product of political/friendship 'rub my back I rub your back' appointment? Come to think of it, IGP was promoted from AIG and appointed IGP at a time when he was in charge of a zone where 'stone age' crime was the order of the day and whatmore can you expect from him when he could not manage a zone? Why give a dog cow leg bone when same is struggling to crack a mere chicken bone?

The IGP is lucky he is not in a country like the UK, guess by now He would be preparing for his dismissal and subsequent questioning by the met and the parliament!
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by 1025: 10:39pm On Jun 05, 2011
no this same ig told us not to go to the polling stations with camera phones? jonathan in his few days in office is just showing the stuff he is made off. this is not the first time the no 1 security office in this country turns to be the no 1 threat.
pdp will destroy this country.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by kokoA(m): 10:42pm On Jun 05, 2011
This I.G guy's got to have the lowest iq in the police to come up with a cheap lie like this.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jun 05, 2011
Only in Nigeria
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by madejibo: 11:35pm On Jun 05, 2011
Let's even assume it is true, so it is friday morning that is idea for the IGP to appologise to the speaker for not attending a "social" function he was invited to. No other pressing matters to attend to in a country crime is commited per second. Na wa o
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by daroz(m): 8:48am On Jun 06, 2011
The IG must be very dull, to think we are folish enough to believe this crap. Social visit ko, Societal visit ni
well, this can only hapen in nigeria shall
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by sirjec(m): 11:06am On Jun 06, 2011
This IGP is funny. Well, we don't know how to make good use of our office to improve our country. A whole IGP going to negotiate for his share so as to offer him protection and he is now talking as if he went to apologise. Well, all join. Not a problem. I'm even waiting to hear that the AGF has released him, discharged him and recommend him for a higher positions.

90% of all the present leaders are criminals that we need to flush out of this country, but whose brother will be first. The use tribe to seek sympathy. When an Ibo is apprehended, he'll say because he's an ibo, When an hausa is apprehended, he'll say because he's an hausa, When a yoruba is apprehended, he'll say because he's an yoruba, When other tribes (not Ibo, Hausa, nor Yoruba) is apprehended, he'll say because he's from minority.

If we must move forward in this country, we should reject evil despite where it is coming from and we must desist from blowing things out of proportion when it is after other tribes. Honesty is the key.

I wish all the beneficiaries of this money be apprehended and tried without fear of favour.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
Isn't it funny the topic below this on front page is 'ever been on a blind date?',  that would have been a better excuse
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Ekpoma1: 12:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
He simply said he went there on a social visit, period! Or what Were u guyz expecting 2 hear? That he went there 2 resist EFCC from arresting him? Naija i hail o.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by MMM2(m): 12:49pm On Jun 06, 2011
igp u 4 come make i teach u how 2 lair.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by hane(m): 1:09pm On Jun 06, 2011
Ha! ha!ha! Bankole wanted for scam of billions of naira. IGP went there. What for?
I guess it was all about 'settlement'. Bankole will not walk way with such huge amount
of money. He must 'see' the IGP if he wants to walk away a free man. Up Nigeria!
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Nobody: 1:23pm On Jun 06, 2011
And this nitwit aboki want us 2 believe he's visit 2 Banko owo residence was a cohincedence wit d EFCC invasion. He be lyk say d big tommy guy go negotiate in own cut
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by mallorca(m): 1:46pm On Jun 06, 2011
May God deliver this country from the Tugs
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by dustydee: 1:51pm On Jun 06, 2011
kokoA:

Welcome to Fresh Air grin grin grin I dey laff. So, what will G ;GEJ do about this?

http://www.thenationonlineng.net/2011/index.php/news-update/8429-why-i-visited-bankole-%E2%80%94-ringim.html

Ringim, in a statement by the Force spokesman, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP), Olusola Amore said it was a mere coincidence that at the time he visited Bankole to apologize for not attending a social event the speaker earlier invited him to, the EFCC were also there in an attempt to effect his arrest.

grin grin grin
I bet we have better liars in the police force.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by otokx(m): 1:52pm On Jun 06, 2011
Silence would have been better for this chap.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Bensonite: 2:09pm On Jun 06, 2011
I think the IGP should be sacked immediately. No time wasting. If he did not show up in a social event why not call on phone to explain but he choose to be present there when EFCC has been on the trail of BANK(OLE). No wonder we have incessant security problems as he goes about apologising to the elites he failed to show up for their occassions rather than do the security job.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Moralistli(m): 2:43pm On Jun 06, 2011
Dumb ass IGP. This clown doesn't merit that office. What a lame excuse!!! This episode will certainly ruin his career if he ever try to defend this white-lie any longer, according to news, i could vividly remember that this disgraced Bank-ole made several calls to his cronies or well place friends to come to his rescue that fateful day, and i probably guess dis dull IGP must be one of them,,,,,,,,,,,His call records will certainly be visited by the telecommunication co /service providers when matter gets to court if he dare try to defend himself again, Certified Evil people!

But unfortunately for the masses, and fortunately for him Dishonoured Bank-ole, dis is Nigeria where supposedly public servents often embezzle public funds and go scot free.

Where is the branch manager of the UBA where d money was borrowed? How much was his cut?

And this whole mess wouldn't have be blown off if Malaye and Bank-ole were not havin misunderstanding. right?, Gov. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi said it then,

How could these seemingly legal-looters take a loan up to the tune of 10 billion naira and share among thenmselves at the expense of this lean purse nation?
What about the peugeot cars and bullet proof Range Rover's scam,,,,,,,,,,,Wahala dey!

Here is the simple home truth/ way forward, Whether there is steady power supply now or we hoping against hope and promises,,,,without stamping out corruption and mismanagement nothing will change, and without capital punishment, such as facing the hang man or life imprisonment, corruption itself will not stop in this Republic of banana.

My one cent!
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Ibomade1: 3:32pm On Jun 06, 2011
What a lame excuse.
And this man has kids, I wonder what he would say to his kids if they come up with such gibberish
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by drgica74: 3:58pm On Jun 06, 2011
IGP, ARE YOU TELLING THE NIGERIAN, MOST OF WHOM ARE MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU THAT YOU WENT FOR A SOCIAL VISIT BY 6.AM?

THIS IS A SCHOOL BOY LIE.

LET MT TEACH YOU A BETTER LIE. " I WAS PASSING IN FRONT OF BANKOLE'S HOUSE, WHEN I GOT PRESSED, I WENT IN TO ASK FOR A CONVENIENCE, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS BANKOLE'S HOUSE. AFTER SHITTING, I ASKED HIM TO GIVE ME A DRINKING WATER, AFTER, I DEVELOPED STOMACH ACHE, AFTER I SAW EFCC "

WHEN YOU NAME WAS FIRST MENTIONED AS IGP, I KNEW FROM THE PRONUNCIATION, THAT YOU WOULD BE A DUMP ASS EXPERIMENTAL SPECIMEN.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Nobody: 4:31pm On Jun 06, 2011
drgica74:

IGP, ARE YOU TELLING THE NIGERIAN, MOST OF WHOM ARE MORE INTELLIGENT THAN YOU THAT YOU WENT FOR A SOCIAL VISIT BY 6.AM?

THIS IS A SCHOOL BOY LIE.

LET MT TEACH YOU A BETTER LIE. " I WAS PASSING IN FRONT OF BANKOLE'S HOUSE, WHEN I GOT PRESSED, I WENT IN TO ASK FOR A CONVENIENCE, BUT I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS BANKOLE'S HOUSE. AFTER SHITTING, I ASKED HIM TO GIVE ME A DRINKING WATER, AFTER, I DEVELOPED STOMACH ACHE, AFTER I SAW EFCC "

WHEN YOU NAME WAS FIRST MENTIONED AS IGP, I KNEW FROM THE PRONUNCIATION, THAT YOU WOULD BE A DUMP backside EXPERIMENTAL SPECIMEN.
grin
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Nobody: 4:34pm On Jun 06, 2011
Moralistli:

Dumb backside IGP. This clown doesn't merit that office. What a lame excuse!!! This episode will certainly ruin his career if he ever try to defend this white-lie any longer, according to news, i could vividly remember that this disgraced Bank-ole made several calls to his cronies or well place friends to come to his rescue that fateful day, and i probably guess dis dull IGP must be one of them,,,,,,,,,,,His call records will certainly be visited by the telecommunication co /service providers when matter gets to court if he dare try to defend himself again, Certified Evil people!

But unfortunately for the masses, and fortunately for him Dishonoured Bank-ole, dis is Nigeria where supposedly public servents often embezzle public funds and go scot free.

Where is the branch manager of the UBA where d money was borrowed? How much was his cut?

And this whole mess wouldn't have be blown off if Malaye and Bank-ole were not havin misunderstanding. right?, Gov. Sanusi Lamido Sanusi said it then,

How could these seemingly legal-looters take a loan up to the tune of 10 billion naira and share among thenmselves at the expense of this lean purse nation?
What about the peugeot cars and bullet proof Range Rover's scam,,,,,,,,,,,Wahala dey!

[b]Here is the simple home truth/ way forward, Whether there is steady power supply now or we hoping against hope and promises,,,,without stamping out corruption and mismanagement nothing will change, and without capital punishment, such as facing the hang man or life imprisonment, corruption itself will not stop in this Republic of banana.
[/b]
My one cent!

GBAM grin
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by YoursGEJ(m): 5:33pm On Jun 06, 2011
no. 1 law enforcement officer in the country paying an alleged criminal a social visit? Or does the igp think we're babies? there'll be a day when all this nonsense will stop.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jun 06, 2011
and you wonder why they say silence is golden

rather than keep mum and let people mutter that he is a fool, ringim opened his mouth and erased all doubt

team gej

you just cannot make this stuff up cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by andyanders: 8:15pm On Jun 06, 2011
I think the IGP is a chicken. How can he say that his presence was nothing but on social visit? Will come out to say that he never called him to tell him he was coming? How come at this point when we have advanced in technology and phone call is the first thing even a common person, even an illiterate does before going over to someone’s house will a person in the caliber of IGP come out to tell us that he was on social visit and never knew that EFCC was at Bankole's house. Nonsense. He knew what he went there for and should also be arrested or dismissed as the IGP of this nation. The signal the IG sent to the whole world is that Nigeria adores corruption. He is not fit to be IG period. This is the kind of leaders we have. Goodluck Jonathan, take note and now re position the police force by bring a competent and intelligent police boss free from corruption.
Re: Why I Visited Bankole - Police IGP (Ringim) by Gbenge77(m): 9:19pm On Jun 06, 2011
I take that with a pinch of salt.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bombings: Sanusi’s Donations Spark Row In House Of Reps / “jesus Was Not Crucified” 1500-year-old Bible Confirms (see Photos) / Ayodele Fayose Spotted At Apc Secretariat In Ado Ekiti - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.