Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria (6389 Views)

2023: He Is Reason I Call Lagos Home, Okocha Endorses Tinubu / Nigerians’ Talents Reason To Believe In Nigeria - Osinbajo / Osinbajo: The Only Reason I Would Resign, I Didn’t Beg To Be VP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by nairalandankrah: 11:28pm On Nov 03, 2021
Even as the Federal Government continues to do wonderfully well in creating an enabling environment for the growth and development of youths in the country, the creativity/ talents of Nigeria’s youth population is enough reason to believe that the future of this country is great, according to Vice President Yemi Osinbajo, SAN.

The Vice President stated this on Wednesday when he received on a courtesy call at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, a delegation of young Nigerian (comedy) Skit Industry practitioners under the auspices of the Nigeria Skits Industry Awards (NSIA), led by its promoter, Hon. Bimbo Daramola.

The delegation included Maryam Apaokagi, popularly known as Taooma; Josh Alfred (Josh2funny); Ayo Ajewole (Woli Agba); Adebamiro Adeyanju (Mr. Hyenana), Adeoye Adeyemi Elesho (Yemi Elesho), among others.

Commending the creativity of the Nigerian youths, the Vice President said, “I strongly believe that what our young people are doing and what they are capable of, is what will lead our country to where we are meant to be. The future is not tomorrow, it is already here and we can see it from just everything you are doing, the global acclaim that you are getting; young people like yourselves, doing something good.”

Noting that he has watched some of their skits, the VP added, “I think that we have incredible talent and we must do something about it …enable these talents, and we must ask ourselves questions on setting realistic goals that can enable these talents flourish. I must say that just based on the sheer creativity around this, I don’t think that anybody anywhere is as funny as Nigerian comedians,” he said.

Osinbajo urged the young skit comedians to use their huge following on social media and on the Internet to promote issues for social good and impact, stating that, “everyone with a large following also has a responsibility to draw attention to these issues.”

On the support of government for the creative industry, the Vice President highlighted the work of the Technology and Creative Advisory group in shaping policies to encourage the growth of the sector.

“Why I think this engagement (with skit comedians) is important is because this is the way to go. Let us sit down and look at all the issues and come out with realistic positions that can then become policies, and what sort of support will be required,” he stated.

The Vice President also addressed a couple of issues that was raised by the youths, including the Twitter ban, the harassment of youths by the police and law enforcement officers and the need to improve the country’s public education system.

On the issue of public education, the VP noted how the FG, through the National Economic Council (NEC), is working in collaboration with state governments to improve public education, including primary and secondary schools which fall under the auspices of state governments.

The VP noted that the Federal Government is already making efforts to address these issues, including resolving the Twitter ban, ensuring that young Nigerians and all Nigerians are protected and their rights respected by law enforcement officers.

https://dailytrust.com/young-nigerians-talents-is-the-reason-to-believe-in-nigeria-osinbajo

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Illuminatiship(m): 11:33pm On Nov 03, 2021
O
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Supersami(m): 11:36pm On Nov 03, 2021
On a serious note, our comedians are really trying.

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Aufbauh(m): 11:38pm On Nov 03, 2021
The presidential power bloc are actually projecting Prof Osinbajo to succeeds Mr Buhari. The inner caucus within the corridor of power are more dispose to him as a viable successor.
His activities lately is geared towards canvassing the productive population which will be major determinant for the forth coming poll.

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Ssoil(f): 3:24am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by dasparrow: 5:08am On Nov 04, 2021
I don't expect VP Osinbanjo to say anything else. He is a politician after all and they are the ones enjoying the rotten system that has allowed them to keep looting Nigeria's scare resources unabated.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by helinues: 5:09am On Nov 04, 2021
Sakamania

grin

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by bcomputer101: 5:24am On Nov 04, 2021
But two days ago, this mere commissioner talk am say Nigeria youths should stop complaining.

Evangelist professor sir, you talk too much this days.
Your eyes service is getting too much. Na why dem dey call a whole vice president mere commissioner

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Mrbenny001: 5:33am On Nov 04, 2021
bcomputer101:
But two days ago, this mere commissioner talk am say Nigeria youths should stop complaining.

Your eyes service is getting too much. Na why dem dey call a whole vice president mere commissioner
Honestly.. he talks too much...he doesn't even talk about the major challenges destroying Nigeria..he goes bushing around

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by fcb212: 5:35am On Nov 04, 2021
mr vp nigeria is not a puppet, go and preach to your follow elite not the youth we are fade up with nigeria system.by the way, who ordered the killing of innocent protestant at lekki toll gate they are the real enemies of nigeria

8 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Bantu10: 5:40am On Nov 04, 2021
Foolish clown!

Be there and be speaking english while your boss and his foot soldiers massacre christians and southerners nationwide. Fake pasta

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by kovic7(m): 5:42am On Nov 04, 2021
Is it me or this man has never for once spoke about insecurities in the country??
I mean, I've NEVER heard him condemning the killings by BH, Bandits, herdsmen, UGM, etc.....

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Gadafii: 5:43am On Nov 04, 2021
This aso rock house boy with his motivational speeches

Nigeria has killed the talents in younger Nigerians, we just want to survive because there is no enabling environment.

You start business,they do everything possible to frustrate you, it's just so painful for them to see a Nigerian youths thriving, it's big deal for them.

They want to have us under their feet so that can always control us, and use us do their dirty works

Osinbade is a shameless hypocrite, no single iota of godliness in him, how can you keep quite with all these evils happening around you, what is your fear pastor

Minority Christina are being massacred daily in some parts, kidnapping has become normal business like selling gala and laca Sera, your people have been slaughtered like Salah ram, some ran into IDP camps in Benin republic, and you have never for once came out to talk against all these things, and your conscience no prick you, pastor

What do you stand to gain in all of these, wordly things

You could have just resigned from this evil govt, that would have been a strong message, but instead u stayed out, they send you to go and share money to market women, nobody respects you in this buharis cabinet, cos they know u are a shameless houseboy, who just want to eat crumbs.

Kaai, afonja people can disgrace

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by SmartPolician: 5:52am On Nov 04, 2021
bcomputer101:

That's not talking too much.
He is delivering the message of hope.
That's what a reasonable president should be doing at a time when his country is in crisis.
But the mannequin is busy flying up and down, traveling around the world.
However, talk is not enough, as the citizens ought to see them take decisive steps against bandits and terrorists, not negotiate with them and pay ransom.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by gambia(m): 5:53am On Nov 04, 2021
This fake pastor has come again.

2 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by free2ryhme: 5:56am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by selfmade22: 5:59am On Nov 04, 2021
blah di blah di blah grin
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by aviara: 6:01am On Nov 04, 2021
Politicians can say anything, even Buhari with all his nepotism believes in the unity of Nigeria. You can believe and insist on the unity of Nigeria but don't believe in fairness, equity and justice. This is HYPOCRISY.

6 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by SouthNigeriac: 6:02am On Nov 04, 2021
The youth has more to offer when this contraption is dismantle

Ghana youth are riding
Benin republic youth are rising
Togo youth are rising

All these countries never merge as a must for them to rise

Therefore

God bless Oduduwa republic youth
God bless biafrans youth

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Prince111111: 6:04am On Nov 04, 2021
bcomputer101:

This man knows his party has failed in all ramifications and is very weak to ride such into power as president hence, his sudden youth solidarity movement just to make Nigerian youths sound his name out for the office. All for show!

7 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by melaniaup: 6:05am On Nov 04, 2021
Yet you only believe cause you think of becoming the president against the euity, justified solution that an Igbo man from south east should take the mantle of power as president

continue revealing.
The real devil in you..

1 Like

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by aviara: 6:06am On Nov 04, 2021
SmartPolician:

That's not talking too much.
He is delivering the message of hope.
That's what a reasonable president should be doing at a time when his country is in crisis.
But the mannequin is busy flying up and down, traveling around the world.
However, talk is not enough, as the citizens ought to see them take decisive steps against bandits and terrorists, not negotiate with them and pay ransom.

Osibanjo and his principal Buhari are on the same ship and sail. He is preaching one Nigeria when their actions and policies so far has divided the country and placed some regions as first class citizens while others are second class citizens. Both the mannequin flying up and down and the prof blowing grammar up and down are both a catastrophe to good governance in the history of Nigeria. Posterity will never forget their cluelessness and sufferings to meted on the country and her people.

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by BBBmall25: 6:07am On Nov 04, 2021
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by temitope27(m): 6:09am On Nov 04, 2021
Terorislam:
One Nigeria only exist on the minds of local Yoruba Muslims who are always beging for unity, without the igbos Yoruba Muslims could have finished
how? Baba werey
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by temitope27(m): 6:09am On Nov 04, 2021
Supersami:
On a serious note, our comedians are really trying.
can you say that again please

3 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by aviara: 6:13am On Nov 04, 2021
Buhari is a failure, Osibanjo is vice failure. Osibanjo is as evil as all the evil men in power. It would have been different if he had resigned or at least openly condemned some of the atrocities of this govt. But he chose loyalty to the cabals and betrayed the masses who voted him into office.

He is a professor of law, the home of Justice Mary Odili was invaded last week, till date prof Osibanjo has not spoken up to condemn this. He also didn't soro soke back in 2017 when homes of judges were invaded at midnight. This govt has really broken record for the wrong reasons.

9 Likes

Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by SmartPolician: 6:13am On Nov 04, 2021
aviara:

Osibanjo and his principal Buhari are on the same ship and sail. He is preaching one Nigeria when their actions and policies so far has divided the country and placed some regions as first class citizens while others are second class citizens. Both the mannequin flying up and down and the prof blowing grammar up and down are both a catastrophe to good governance in the history of Nigeria. Posterity will never forget their cluelessness and sufferings to meted on the country and her people.

We are on the same page

It would have been different if he had resigned or at least openly condemned some of the atrocities of this govt.

You know that a Nigerian will hardly do this. We are a country of hypocrites. Those who support one Nigeria do that for selfish gains. Some others just support it because they are too weak or fearful to oppose it.

However, there's nothing wrong with delivering the message of hope. The problem is, like I pointed out, they don't march it with actions.
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Gojas: 6:15am On Nov 04, 2021
Pastor Linus
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by Sergio101(m): 6:16am On Nov 04, 2021
angry

What are you doing to Foster the growth of those talents.

How this man do sleep well in all this recession baffles me.

He will be claiming saint, Pontius pirate. Only to be yarning dust and things keep getting worse
Re: Osinbajo: Young Nigerians’ Talents Is The Reason I Believe In One Nigeria by meccuno: 6:17am On Nov 04, 2021
Fake useless pastor.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Electoral Bill: Senators Dissolve Into Closed-door Session / PDP Supporters Decamped To APC In Goronyo LG, Sokoto State / Anambra Result Cancelled By INEC Over Irregularities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.