Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

I Need Your Advice - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Advice (30296 Views)

Please I'm Depressed I Need Your Advice / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently / Those Into Oil And Gas, I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Your Advice by BadNews: 1:28am On Nov 06, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

I'm a 26 Years. I work in a company that pays me 85K NGN monthly.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.

Start Blogging Business And Thank Me Later
Re: I Need Your Advice by princewarri1985: 1:30am On Nov 06, 2021
RESIGNING YOUR 85K JOB BECAUSE OF GOSSIP?? WITH THE HIGH RATE OF UNEMPLOYMENT IN THE COUTRY?? SOME PEOPLE EVEN DEY LOOK FOR 20K JOB, YOU HAVE A VERY LONG WAY TO GO IN LIFE
Re: I Need Your Advice by ProfAmah100: 2:47am On Nov 06, 2021
Op clap for yourself.
Re: I Need Your Advice by JaskanFactor: 3:28am On Nov 06, 2021
schools and society dont teach the children that the work place and its vicious social dynamics is not for everybody.

Some people thrive in conflict environment and are bored without it.
For others it kills their soul to persistently remain in conflict environment .

Cause everywhere you see that cold war, that tension, those fake smiles etc, the hate in that place is food for demons.
There more demons feeding on souls in those jobs by day, than in the darkest places on earth at night.

In a world where a bloody potentially deadly activity like boxing can be much sort after entertainment sport, dont assume they know what they are doing when they invite everybody to those jobs, its not for everybody.

The system is not for everybody, and those who dont belong in the system, but think its normal have miserable lives indeed.

You are not just competing against flesh and blood in those jobs, but powers and principalities, best to choose sports that suit your type of soul.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by BABANGBALI: 6:13am On Nov 06, 2021
I love and enjoy Cold Wars with people. I’m presently at Cold War with lalasticlala, mynd44, Dominique and all the moderators for banning me till 2023. Can you imagine that? No be civil war be that?

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Handsnigga: 7:13am On Nov 06, 2021
whytediamond:

Your mindset bro.

Work on it.

I was in a similar scenario November 2014. Sacked from a 60k monthly outsourced bank job.

I didn't start business with any form of capital. Not even a dime.

Today, I pay myself 300k minimum monthly.

I am my own Boss. I intend to triple my income starting from December.

I changed my mindset. You too can.

Boss, show me the way too sir cry
Re: I Need Your Advice by Jacku: 8:06am On Nov 06, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

I'm a 26 Years. I work in a company that pays me 85K NGN monthly.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.
ive been in yoir shoes before. I was in your shoes earlier this yeah but I resigned anyway and focused on my skill; Digital marketing. Before I resigned I was doing a side hustle that paid 35k monthly. I lived on that for 5months before I got a full time job that paid me 150k, I got cheated by the boss and I designed again. I got another that paid me 120k. Mind you, I am the first born and have siblings and family to support too. See, you're young and you still have life ahead of you and we'll all die eventually so why play safe? Do what you have to do to make your life better for the future, you'll only be inconvenienced for the mean time but you'll be fine eventually. DO what's best for you fam.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Caseless: 8:59am On Nov 06, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Gonna advise you to get the fuckkk out of that job not because of the gossip and cold wars though

Because that salary is damnnn small...they mange am ...they manage am na so bros ororo take turn 55 years inside 85 thousand naira job.....just quit....don't be scared because people are saying there is no Job outside if you quit....that particular mantra has rendered people useless in life.....immediately they hear that rubbish...they no longer have the balls to quit
Not knowing that when one door of Happiness closes another one is immediately opened for us but most times we keep on looking at the closed door or rather at the door that is about to close to the extent that we do not realise the one opened for us
oga, your assertion shows delusion. Don't smoke weed before advising people. Didn't you see where he said he's been applying other jobs and he's getting rejected? Is there any office place without what he says is driving him to unproductivity?

He does not have something to fall back on and you're advising him to quit this one. You want this guy to die of depression. Somebody that cannot stand the pressure at the office can't stand being without salary in a month, no matter how small. The moment the people he's owing start calling him, he'd start to go mad and blame people like you.

Tell him to get something to fall back on before quitting. Not quitting before finding another job
Re: I Need Your Advice by Bakakeyz(m): 9:21am On Nov 06, 2021
Me I just need a job, I don't mind a toxic office, I'll do well to change the environment
Re: I Need Your Advice by whytediamond(m): 10:01am On Nov 06, 2021
Handsnigga:
Boss, show me the way too sir cry
look around here. Chat me on WhatsApp

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by whytediamond(m): 10:05am On Nov 06, 2021
Caseless:
oga, your assertion shows delusion. Don't smoke weed before advising people. Didn't you see where he said he's been applying other jobs and he's getting rejected? Is there any office place without what he says is driving him to unproductivity?

He does not have something to fall back on and you're advising him to quit this one. You want this guy to die of depression. Somebody that cannot stand the pressure at the office can't stand being without salary in a month, no matter how small. The moment the people he's owing start calling him, he'd start to go mad and blame people like you.

Tell him to get something to fall back on before quitting. Not quitting before finding another job

Stop speaking out of ignorance bro. Everything slawormiir said is 100% correct.

Don't advise people to wait until they get a better job b4 they move. That's the common sayings around. But it's a fuckiing limiting mindset. It leaves you stuck on 1 level for many years.
Re: I Need Your Advice by tarantino1: 10:55am On Nov 06, 2021
BiggyB242:

This happened to a friend, he got a steady paying job at a reputable company, though the salary was small he enabled him to get by. After watching too many motivational clips, he quit for lesser pay, but more time when he has no side hustle. Two months after he was terminated, he owes over seven loan apps as speak.

grin

This is both funny and sad.
Does he still watch the videos?
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 06, 2021
lkillbrokehoes:
I hate gossips
But you gossip about me all over nairaland
Re: I Need Your Advice by ObagiBrothers: 2:58pm On Nov 06, 2021
I know exactly how it feels to be in this kinda toxic environment. I'm in a similar situation as yours but I've resolved to build a hedge and stay strong. If you havent gotten another job dont resign. Guard your emotional health seriously too, ok

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Batlancomestics: 3:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
Pls can I come for the job�
Re: I Need Your Advice by newoffer: 4:17pm On Nov 06, 2021
Go and ask baba ayoneey leave him job..he is super regretting right now. If u don't have super biz idea don't leave work for fallacyno. Bills are real
brosom:
Except u get handiwork A.k.a skill, then u can quite peacefully.

But if u no get, and not sure about any other job at the moment plz don't quite, rather take with u original correct sound earphones or pod dey cover ur ear to avoid listening who's gossiping about u.

After all gossip propel us to hustle more.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Handsnigga: 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2021
whytediamond:
look around here. Chat me on WhatsApp
Alright sir
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 6:58pm On Nov 06, 2021
tarantino1:

grin

This is both funny and sad.
Does he still watch the videos?

Lol, he has slow down, every day he regrets the choice he made. He is someone that thinks he knows it all.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by kudinkarfe: 7:19pm On Nov 06, 2021
Ngene44:
because of gossip and cold wars, I saved and set up my own business
Don't mind gossipers because they will never stop gossiping.
Re: I Need Your Advice by lanre88(m): 8:35am On Nov 07, 2021
I beg you, try Networking.

That's my little cent.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nicoddemus(m): 8:24pm On Nov 07, 2021
whytediamond:

Chat me bro

Good evening Sir. Please sorry for late response. I've not been online. Could you please give me your WhatsApp number so that I can chat you up or you can have mine....09035538178. my email is alichomathias@gmail.com. thank you
Re: I Need Your Advice by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
Jacku:
ive been in yoir shoes before. I was in your shoes earlier this yeah but I resigned anyway and focused on my skill; Digital marketing. Before I resigned I was doing a side hustle that paid 35k monthly. I lived on that for 5months before I got a full time job that paid me 150k, I got cheated by the boss and I designed again. I got another that paid me 120k. Mind you, I am the first born and have siblings and family to support too. See, you're young and you still have life ahead of you and we'll all die eventually so why play safe? Do what you have to do to make your life better for the future, you'll only be inconvenienced for the mean time but you'll be fine eventually. DO what's best for you fam.

Wish I had d money to learn the skill
Re: I Need Your Advice by HRHQueenPhil(f): 8:35pm On Nov 07, 2021
Commentor:

Ingrate for what?

I tire oh
Re: I Need Your Advice by Enibiokanmi: 9:33pm On Nov 07, 2021
Everyone on the forum start giving advise without probing further why this person want to quit his job because of gossip and unproductivity.

Did anyone ask this guy what the gossip in his place of work is all about?

What is the cause of unproductivity and is he part of the problem?

Was the gossip about him and is he part of the problem?

When all these questions are answered, then it gives us a better idea on how to advise him.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Enibiokanmi: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
Commentor:

Ingrate for what?

HRHQueenPhil:

I tire oh

If he was getting all the advise without saying a simple thank you to all those who wish him well, then calling him an ingrate might not be far from the truth.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by c0de007: 9:10am On Nov 14, 2021
I appreciate your advise Chief. Thank You
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Gonna advise you to get the fuckkk out of that job not because of the gossip and cold wars though

Because that salary is damnnn small...they mange am ...they manage am na so bros ororo take turn 55 years inside 85 thousand naira job.....just quit....don't be scared because people are saying there is no Job outside if you quit....that particular mantra has rendered people useless in life.....immediately they hear that rubbish...they no longer have the balls to quit
Not knowing that when one door of Happiness closes another one is immediately opened for us but most times we keep on looking at the closed door or rather at the door that is about to close to the extent that we do not realise the one opened for us
Re: I Need Your Advice by c0de007: 9:12am On Nov 14, 2021
Yes i do. I am very skilled. That's one thing giving me confidence
brosom:
Except u get handiwork A.k.a skill, then u can quite peacefully.

But if u no get, and not sure about any other job at the moment plz don't quite, rather take with u original correct sound earphones or pod dey cover ur ear to avoid listening who's gossiping about u.

After all gossip propel us to hustle more.
Re: I Need Your Advice by c0de007: 9:13am On Nov 14, 2021
One thing i don't like trading for free is time and i waste a lot of it over there. But i appreciate your suggestion thanks
Fulaniherdmens:
You should be grateful and mind your business at work place. Grumbling and Rumbling won't give you an edge to a better opportunity, seize the one you have and make use of it. Don't forget to get earphone to block your ears from gossips at work place.
You can throw your CV open on job portal sites. Gradually okay.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] / List Of Careers Associated With Creativity (Creative Careers) / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.