Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,514 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:36 AM

I Need Your Advice - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Advice (30298 Views)

Please I'm Depressed I Need Your Advice / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently / Those Into Oil And Gas, I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Your Advice by PitexyBaba(m): 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Gonna advise you to get the fuckkk out of that job not because of the gossip and cold wars though

Because that salary is damnnn small...they mange am ...they manage am na so bros ororo take turn 55 years inside 85 thousand naira job.....just quit....don't be scared because people are saying there is no Job outside if you quit....that particular mantra has rendered people useless in life.....immediately they hear that rubbish...they no longer have the balls to quit
Not knowing that when one door of Happiness closes another one is immediately opened for us but most times we keep on looking at the closed door or rather at the door that is about to close to the extent that we do not realise the one opened for us

Haaaaaa.
I'm short of word brother mi.
What about some pals collecting less 30k??
They will feel bad with this topic generally.

God will open ways for us all bros....
Grace differs

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: I Need Your Advice by jaydee87(m): 7:39pm On Nov 05, 2021
My broda I am 34, married with 2 kids. Officially I earn 75k and just like you I av side hustles, I sell Thrift Shirts and my advice to u is be grateful and plan around ur salary. Itz not how much you earn, it is how greedy u are. Live within ur means.
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

I'm a 26 Years. I work in a company that pays me 85K NGN monthly.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by philaretus: 7:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
You will not get the reaction you wanted...if u want to quit, why tell us, quit na
Re: I Need Your Advice by Odurafel: 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
I understand and feel your pain.
Many people don't know how u are currently feeling if u think quitting is the best option.
U can be better after quitting.
Cos some jobs na to just block way for better offers.
Do as u please man.
Don't get discouraged by other people word this is because you are you.
You only know what you want for yourself.
So do as you wish and stay happy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by donifez(m): 7:46pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Thanks man..I have been in the op's situation and the consequences made me what I am today..if you ain't comfortable pls walk out don't sweat it..

I have also been in the same situation. I perfectly understand his plight. I am happy it turned out well for you. We need to keep changing the narrative.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 7:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
donifez:

I have also been in the same situation. I perfectly understand his plight. I am happy it turned out well for you. We need to keep changing the narrative.
Thanks man.. unfortunately it didn't turn out well..still working on myself.. enjoy man..

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Lordmech: 7:56pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bro. I don't know what your bills are but I can tell you that you can save a little cash from your salary for like 6months for a while before you leave the job.

Den use that savings to start a bussines ok. gossip does not stop u from working except u have something you are not telling us..
Re: I Need Your Advice by Hypnotise: 8:00pm On Nov 05, 2021
I have learnt from this thread. I’m about the same age as the OP and just like him I wanted to quit my job, infact I quit. Job that I’m being paid in euros oo imagine just because I wanted to try my entrepreneurship side. Long story short, wrong move.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Xxx123xxx(m): 8:01pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Nigeria is filled with poor people living the middle class lifestyle.

Take that to the bank.
Re: I Need Your Advice by huntinghunter(m): 8:04pm On Nov 05, 2021
If the salary ain't paying your bills yet u are scared of leaving the job cos of debts. People should learn to be grateful for once
Re: I Need Your Advice by MASTERMIND04(m): 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bro, since you get your salary every month without being owed, continue doing the job and applying for another one. A Lot of people are looking for jobs below that amount you earn.
Re: I Need Your Advice by onyeomanono24(f): 8:14pm On Nov 05, 2021
How are you sure that your new workplace will not gossip? Salary no reach you, side huzzle, no even japa not reachable. Something is wrong somewhere. Except you are the type that enjoy trying different things, I will understand
Re: I Need Your Advice by Ttooyy12345: 8:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
I jst quit a job of 180k because of toxic people and poor working structure
Re: I Need Your Advice by Ofadaman(m): 8:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Go to work, focus on the work you're being paid to do.
If you have free time at work, be productive and use it to learn a new skills or improve yourself on career you need.
When it's time to close, say goodbye go home and face you side hustle. End of month collect your salary, continually apply for job, go for free conferences, meet people, join good career groups ,network and use the most of your time.

If you do these thing diligently, soon you'd rise above that place and you'd get a new job .but if you think the job is your problem, you're joking.you are the problem for not making the most of your job when tonnes of people are unemployed.

Don't sit and whine, work and improve.
My.two cents
Re: I Need Your Advice by frog12: 8:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
how can 85k be too small you get many girlfriends ??
Re: I Need Your Advice by Bimlite(f): 8:50pm On Nov 05, 2021
Bro please don't quit o till you get a better offer.
Re: I Need Your Advice by vickydevoka(m): 9:02pm On Nov 05, 2021
DAVIDMOE:
Gossip and cold war is something that many people witness in their workplaces; even in the church. I will advise that you play the game. Don't feel like a victim of that gossip and war shît. Rather play the game like a boss, but if you can't play it, just find your place and lay low till you find another job.
Only think about traveling abroad when you have acquired a good tech skill. It will help you over there.
How long can it take someone to aquire good tech skills
Re: I Need Your Advice by Babastrong(m): 9:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
[quote author=STEWpid post=107358559]Why will you submit to wars?? Or is this just a make up story??

Is like you have people that fund you?

Others should drop because of me, not me because of others.

The kingdom of God suffereth violence and through violence they taketh it by force.

We die there.[if truely you gat this mind, we can partner on some future projects. 081343423zero8]
Re: I Need Your Advice by Olayetan(m): 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

Forget that saying 'there's no Job out there' it limits you and reason why many companies have caged so many employees with low salaries.

Quit and see yourself putting in a lot of effort to get better job, don't follow market noise.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Funkybabee(f): 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
To me peace of mind is the better
.if you think u can't get it there, just resign, u will balance up since u have side hustle but the most importantly have u talk to God about it..

God hates a lazy fellow, idleness
Re: I Need Your Advice by Amilli(m): 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

Op ! quit once the job you are looking for is secured , you have your side hustles going on .. focus on you , mind your business. Learn to share working space with other people na so office job Dey , you will meet different shades of beings.
Re: I Need Your Advice by ofegeloungeyah(m): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
Mr oga.. Just save small and get out of the country.. Naija too tight to resign without u getting anoda job.

2 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by Bryan88(m): 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
U be fool....quit am na...make I see if u go get another 1
Re: I Need Your Advice by kings4sera(m): 10:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
First bank
Re: I Need Your Advice by echepops(m): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

I don't know what to do.

OP I sent you a PM, kindly check.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Maxhappy01(m): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
if there is no satisfaction on the job kindly leave in peace than to stay in pieces. you can still get a better job.not all doors that are closed are locked,so push and some doors will open.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
Ofadaman:
Go to work, focus on the work you're being paid to do.
If you have free time at work, be productive and use it to learn a new skills or improve yourself on career you need.
When it's time to close, say goodbye go home and face you side hustle. End of month collect your salary, continually apply for job, go for free conferences, meet people, join good career groups ,network and use the most of your time.

If you do these thing diligently, soon you'd rise above that place and you'd get a new job .but if you think the job is your problem, you're joking.you are the problem for not making the most of your job when tonnes of people are unemployed.

Don't sit and whine, work and improve.
My.two cents

This happened to a friend, he got a steady paying job at a reputable company, though the salary was small he enabled him to get by. After watching too many motivational clips, he quit for lesser pay, but more time when he has no side hustle. Two months after he was terminated from this one-man-business. He currently owes over seven loan apps.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Ngene44: 12:10am On Nov 06, 2021
kudinkarfe:
Bro think twice before quitting your job. A friend quite his job with international organization because of cold war and gossip, he is now frustrated because side hustle doesn't pay well. People most gossip and hate you whoever you are so learn to mind your business and forget about people. 85k is OK in Bubu regime oh, try and adjust but don't quite cos u wouldn't get another jab.
because of gossip and cold wars, I saved and set up my own business

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by Cchuks27(m): 12:49am On Nov 06, 2021
Lol, currently facing the same thing at my job lol. In fact, when I saw the post, I thought I was the one that posted it (joking). Guy stay on that job, mind your business and focus on your hustle and other job applications. You'll be fine. If you see this post, reach out to me, let's connect. All the best.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] / List Of Careers Associated With Creativity (Creative Careers) / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.