Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,411 members, 7,830,069 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

I Need Your Advice - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Need Your Advice (30293 Views)

Please I'm Depressed I Need Your Advice / Pharmacy Students Pls I Need Your Advice Urgently / Those Into Oil And Gas, I Need Your Advice. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need Your Advice by Jmichael1(m): 6:29pm On Nov 05, 2021
whytediamond:

Chat me. Look for my whatsapp number around here.
alright sir,thanks
Re: I Need Your Advice by OLRAYS(m): 6:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
Go and read " before you quit your job " by Robert kiyosaki...then you will know if you should quit now or not..the book ll surely guide you.
Re: I Need Your Advice by damola1: 6:38pm On Nov 05, 2021
OLRAYS:
Go and read " before you quit your job " by Robert kiyosaki...then you will know if you should quit now or not..the book ll surely guide you.

Most people cannot read
Re: I Need Your Advice by Lastanza: 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
This guy sef. 85k plus side hustle doesn't pay your bills. And you are just 26 and single.
Brotherman, you have a problem with managing money and that is what you need to work on.

Forget about all this ur ''I want to travel out. I want to do this do that but no money. Everybody has an idea of one thing or the other they want to do but finance is the challenge.

Work on what you are spending money on.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by OLRAYS(m): 6:40pm On Nov 05, 2021
damola1:

Most people cannot read
na another palava be the that o! My bro
Re: I Need Your Advice by ugotaya: 6:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
Gospel Singer Adeyinka Alaseyori Dancing Steps ''Tesumole'' Critized By Some Tatafos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIAzbf4EBfI
Re: I Need Your Advice by BlackyOne: 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
oyetunjibaba:
With 85k monthly,you still get debit!

I dedicate this FTC to all hustlers out there.
God bless our hustle.

You don stay Lagos before? Maybe working in the island -Ajah and leaving in far mainland? You know how much for a decent bedsitter in Lagos? Abi na the cost of foodstuff? You go know say 85k na below minimum wage for Lagos! Forget all the packaging!
Re: I Need Your Advice by darichlife: 6:43pm On Nov 05, 2021
Let me advice you as an elder brother, when i was ur age i earned 30k had to cut my clothes according to clothes. At ur age i guess u are not married, u only mention ur siblings. The stage you are is called the trying stage dont quit now because everything happening in your workplace happens to taste and build don't focus on the negativity find a message in everything around you. Dnt give up a door is about to be open. Patience is a virtue remember.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nicoddemus(m): 6:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
whytediamond:

Your mindset bro.

Work on it.

I was in a similar scenario November 2014. Sacked from a 60k monthly outsourced bank job.

I didn't start business with any form of capital. Not even a dime.

Today, I pay myself 300k minimum monthly.

I am my own Boss. I intend to triple my income starting from December.

I changed my mindset. You too can.

Please how where you able to achieve that? I want to learn. Or should I chat you privately
Re: I Need Your Advice by ComeToJesus: 6:47pm On Nov 05, 2021
[/b]If you are not grateful for what you have, then you are not qualified for the next. Gratitude opens up the universe; it creates more vistas for life chances.[b]

I work with a completely deranged expatriate that is as toxic as ammonium nitrate. Yet every morning, I thank God for the opportunity. I have decided to brush off any nasty behaviour he exhibits.

Keep looking out for better opportunities. That toxicity present therein will teach you endurance and patience which you'll surely need someday.

Above all, pray for better opportunities and listen to God for feedbacks. He'll guide to the next level of your life.

3 Likes

Re: I Need Your Advice by Distudramus: 6:53pm On Nov 05, 2021
You are just 26 with 85k monthly n u still complaining....na wa for you
Re: I Need Your Advice by Babara1994(m): 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
osazsky:
thank u brother...i dont know the hype in salary..i make 600k monthly from wood..salary just they there...i dont even know how a single person can survive with 100k now a month considering the time value of money he is definately living with his parents na wah o
A single person cannot survive with 100k monthly? Haba
Re: I Need Your Advice by relaxandsmile: 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2021

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvJ7FqmA6yY
Watch my video on monkey branching on youtube before you quit your present job.
Relax and Smile
Re: I Need Your Advice by hoebamaa(m): 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
Abeg make we swap
Re: I Need Your Advice by PrinceGallant: 6:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
You can quit if you think the place is too toxic for you to bear, your mental health is ias important as your physical health. Good life is not by size of salary but by your cerebral equilibrium. Your being happy is greater.

I understand your fear, but believe me your provision is not in your hand nor in anybody. Fear is the reason why many people are not progressive. Though to get a 85k job in this period is luck and connections

Though it may hard after the resignation, if you are determined and believe, better life is ahead. I advise you to stay on the job and expand your side hustle. You can resign to the side hustle and make it bigger.
Re: I Need Your Advice by ppogba: 7:05pm On Nov 05, 2021
It's either of these two things. Either this guy wants to catch Cruise on Nairaland or he is like a fellow who holds a rope with which he.wants to commit suicide and is now asking whether he.should go ahead.

My friend,. resign and see that the Lord is good.
Re: I Need Your Advice by 77up(m): 7:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Leaving that job untill you get another job will be the greatest mistake ever in your life considering the current situation in the country.

As long as the gossip and the cold war or whatever do not stop your monthly salary.
Re: I Need Your Advice by donifez(m): 7:07pm On Nov 05, 2021
Hemanwel:
You are still 26 - single. You have a job and a side hustle. You are doing much better than a lot of your age mates and some married men, and all you could think of is to complain?

You want to now quit your job of 85k/month because of gossips??

Bros, you get problem oh! Moreso, you are a big time ingrate!!

He is not an ingrate.

When one choose his / her sanity over money here. You guys see it as insanity.

He chose his peace. He who wears the shoe, knows where it itches.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by donifez(m): 7:11pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:
If you ain't comfortable quit..don't deprive your mental wellness cos of money...but make sure you have an alternative..

This was the advice I was looking for.
Re: I Need Your Advice by jaxxy(m): 7:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
c0de007:
Hi,

Thank you for making out time to view my thread. I'm hoping I can get an advice from you.

I'm a 26 Years. I work in a company that pays me 85K NGN monthly.

The salary isn't paying my bills in any way, the company isn't productive, I feel stuck and limited each time I go to work. Also, the environment is toxic with gossips, cold wars, etc.

I've been applying for jobs elsewhere but I keep getting rejected. I've adjusted my CV several times but still the same.

I'm considering resigning even though I don't have another job offer yet but I fear my debts. I have some side hustles I use to support my monthly earnings but I fear it may not be enough to pay my debts monthly and fend for myself, siblings, and family generally.

The whole thing is making me lack motivation but I still try to be up for my family.

I want to travel out of the country and search for better opportunities but my resources are limited at the moment.

I have some skillsets, I'm considering venturing into entrepreneurship but I don't have the required capital to get started

I don't know what to do.

Kindly advise me on what to do. I'd appreciate it.

Do not resign from ur job without a backup person/people or backup plan. It’s will get very difficult.

If u are the one supporting ur family and not ur family supporting u don’t even think of it.

U are also supporting ur siblings?? Then the decision won’t affect only u bt them.

Don’t resign without a well thought out and rehearsed plan that will or is already providing enough to keep u going till u are lucky to get another job.

U are not at work to make friends or socialize so try and focus on the job and leave the dramas.
Re: I Need Your Advice by ppogba: 7:13pm On Nov 05, 2021
chiboycue:

My candid advice is for you to hold on to 85K NGN monthly job and side hustles till you are financial resource to travel out. You would get a better paying job latter on in life by God's grace

The guy is deceiving himself about traveling out and you seem to be urging him on in his self deceit. If traveling out is that easy, Nairaland will go extinct.
Re: I Need Your Advice by GoldenJAT(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Gonna advise you to get the fuckkk out of that job not because of the gossip and cold wars though

Because that salary is damnnn small...they mange am ...they manage am na so bros ororo take turn 55 years inside 85 thousand naira job.....just quit....don't be scared because people are saying there is no Job outside if you quit....that particular mantra has rendered people useless in life.....immediately they hear that rubbish...they no longer have the balls to quit
Not knowing that when one door of Happiness closes another one is immediately opened for us but most times we keep on looking at the closed door or rather at the door that is about to close to the extent that we do not realise the one opened for us
You go feed this guy? No go motivate person enter one chance o!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Need Your Advice by Yoighaman(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
Isoright

Gonna advise you to get the fuckkk out of that job not because of the gossip and cold wars though

Because that salary is damnnn small...they mange am ...they manage am na so bros ororo take turn 55 years inside 85 thousand naira job.....just quit....don't be scared because people are saying there is no Job outside if you quit....that particular mantra has rendered people useless in life.....immediately they hear that rubbish...they no longer have the balls to quit
Not knowing that when one door of Happiness closes another one is immediately opened for us but most times we keep on looking at the closed door or rather at the door that is about to close to the extent that we do not realise the one opened for us

Modified.
Re: I Need Your Advice by chiboycue: 7:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
ppogba:

The guy is deceiving himself about traveling out and you seem to be urging him on in his self deceit. If traveling out is that easy, Nairaland will go extinct.

If his dream is to travel abroad, I would not discourage him from working towards achieving his dream.
Re: I Need Your Advice by armyofone(m): 7:20pm On Nov 05, 2021
Leave him, he doesn't know there is poverty and hunger in the land.

Mad max - we don't need another hero!

maureensylvia:
Lol

You're funny, do you know how many people that wishes to be in your shoes despite the constant yabbings.

NIGERIA is not a place where mental is paid much attention to, you don't even have a job at hand to hold on after you quit and you're thinking of resigning.

And if you don't get a job and live in debts na there you go see more insults.

I see you're soft, toughen up bro!

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by MrPresent(m): 7:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
If they gossip about you. Gossip about them back. Omo ehn...this life is fire for fire.

When I was serving (NYSC) in a school. The other teachers started gossiping about me. When I found out, na Principal Office we settle am. Omo see war.

They man carrying the gossip later apologized to me right there.

Las Las Sha...I still comot for the school after two weeks and I got reposted to a better school with good Accommodation and lesser workload.

Truly everything happens for a reason.
Re: I Need Your Advice by armyofone(m): 7:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
Op,

Don't ever leave that job - unless you already have a new job offer and your start date is tomorrow.

Develop tough skin at work. Don't listen to the gossiping coworkers. Put on your headphone and listen to quiet music to manage the office noise.

Read a book and bring that big psychology textbook to read at work - try feign " busy"

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Advice by ppogba: 7:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
chiboycue:

If his dream is to travel abroad, I would not discouraging him from working towards achieving his dream.

Okay.
Re: I Need Your Advice by whytediamond(m): 7:30pm On Nov 05, 2021
Nicoddemus:

Please how where you able to achieve that? I want to learn. Or should I chat you privately

Chat me bro
Re: I Need Your Advice by Breastfeed: 7:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
Omo no quit anything o, cos na you go dey hungry
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 7:34pm On Nov 05, 2021
donifez:

This was the advice I was looking for.
Thanks man..I have been in the op's situation and the consequences made me what I am today..if you ain't comfortable pls walk out don't sweat it..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Meet Nigeria's First Female Helicopter Captain [pictured] / List Of Careers Associated With Creativity (Creative Careers) / Please What Skill Can I Learn To Survive In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.