Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,142 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera (28319 Views)

ISWAP Commander In Nigeria Al-barwani Is Dead / Wike Demolishes Trans-Amadi Central Mosque In Rivers State / Five Leading UK Banks Aided Corruption In Nigeria – Al-jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Rotji(m): 9:09pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

You must not make surgical changes till you become a trans...man you keep making the same mistakes on your write-up then I would kindly help you out by cutting you off..
Did you make a proper research on it ?no lower your pride make a research on it and learn something new today..
At least you can go to bed with pride that you learnt a new word and it's proper definition...

I see what you are trying to do here, you like twisting my words just to make yourself feel better. And I still maintain irrespective of how I put my words that you can't tell me anything new about this subject. And I refused to be manipulated by your condescending references on me which is still the same tool used by LGBTQ activists to coerce critics to silence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by NarcissistKing(m): 9:12pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

At all ..most of them on naira land ain't intelligent..all they do is come online and spit gibberish..

grin grin grin

People that don't even know the definition of transgender.
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 05, 2021
NarcissistKing:

grin grin grin

People that don't even know the definition of transgender.
Swears man..
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rotji:

I see what you are trying to do here, you like twisting my words just to make yourself feel better. And I still maintain irrespective of how I put my words that you can't tell me anything new about this subject. And I refused to be manipulated by your condescending references on me which is still the same tool used by LGBTQ activists to coerce critics to silence.
Oga rest abeg..my fingers dey pepper me like this..I can't be lecturing a student who doesn't want to learn..
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Rotji(m): 9:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
NarcissistKing:

That dude is not intelligent.

Mr Intelligence I can beat you hands down in class on any subject, keep deceiving yourself that the only thing that makes you 'wise' or 'enlightened' is accepting this nonsense. Even on this same subject I can still school you, so stop with the absurd labeling please

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by NarcissistKing(m): 9:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rotji:

Mr Intelligence I can beat you hands down in class on any subject, keep deceiving yourself that the only thing that makes you 'wise' or 'enlightened' is accepting this nonsense. Even on this same subject I can still school you, so stop with the absurd labeling please

YOU ARE NOT INTELLIGENT! I can't indulge you. And no, you can't beat me hands down in any subject. I'm sure you'd have your mates of same low IQ to intimidate. This is my last response to you.

Shalom!
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Rotji(m): 9:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

At all ..most of them on naira land ain't intelligent..all they do is come online and spit gibberish..

Keep deceiving yourselves that Intelligence only starts and ends with accepting your nonsense
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Rotji(m): 9:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by eas01: 9:24pm On Nov 05, 2021
sonnie10:

Does God not abhor bloodshed and terrorism that is what Nigeria has become?
Yes God abhors a person terrorising the body God gave them to change sex and God abhors then shedding their blood under the knife of a surgeon in the operating theatre to change some of their bits to that of another gender.
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by eas01: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2021
Kayouzka:

God abhors non
yes but he abhors their acts and the spirit behind them
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by eas01: 9:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
efeski:
That's why I'll always love my man Dave Chappelle. Serves it to them hot hot
Watched Closer this evening again (3rd time) & currently downloading Sticks & Stones.

The LGBTQ most especially the Transfolks should take a chill pill.
They're too sensitive
Personally I got nothing against them but trying to force the world to accept things from their narrative is not helping their cause.

Inserting trans stuff in pop culture, always playing/ crying the victim etc etc doesn't fool the most of us anymore.

For instance years ago we found that they made the green Powerpuff girl transgender.
That one died away.
Only recently they have succeeded in making superman's son gay.
I mean these are cartoons meant for kids yet they're trying to unnecessarily expose these kids (mostly pre-teens) to these gender issues way too early.

Fancy Caitlin Jenner being voted woman of the year less than a year after her transition... Someone that probably hasn't/can't see(n) her period in a world of millions of women.

Or is the leading international medical journal that recently referred to women as people with vaginas?
Very soon they plan to erode certain words that define us out of existence.

We're watching
The list is endless.
Dave Chapelle is overhyped bs, but i agree with him on this topic
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rotji:

Keep deceiving yourselves that Intelligence only starts and ends with accepting your nonsense
You should be asleep by now..I want to be handpicking highly sensible people I would be replying before going to bed tonight..and you ain't even close..
So go and enjoy yourself and stop spitting on my screen..
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Legendoo: 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

But you haven't proven them wrong. All you're doing is emotional blackmail.

Here's the working Google definition.

Transgender people are people whose gender identity is different from the gender they were thought to be at birth. “Trans” is often used as shorthand for transgender. When we're born, a doctor usually says that we're male or female based on what our bodies look like.

Essentially it's based on feelings.

Ok I feel like a stone. grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Rotji(m): 9:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
NarcissistKing:

YOU ARE NOT INTELLIGENT! I can't indulge you. And no, you can't beat me hands down in any subject. I'm sure you'd have your mates of same low IQ to intimidate. This is my last response to you.

Shalom!

You are not intelligent either, and you have a very low IQ too if this subject is the only yardstick you use to measure peoples abilities. And you are the ones insulting and intimidating people by calling them Ignorant just because they don't agree with you

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by eas01: 9:32pm On Nov 05, 2021
cococandy:

Homophobia and transphobia is from the west.
Shaming people for not covering up their bodies is western and Arabic influence

We had a better culture before they came with their religion and button up suits to demonized everything african including scanty dressing appropriate for our weather.

Now every bad thing the west brought with them, we have learned and told ourselves that it’s our culture and then turn around to call people who are resisting western influences as being “too westernized”.

Don’t fall for it.
The west may be unlearning the bad things they used to believe but we can’t still be champions of their cause while saying others are westernized.
So are you saying African society were pro homos and trans before the white men came ?
By the way trans is a new phenom.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 05, 2021
Legendoo:

But you haven't proven them wrong. All you're doing is emotional blackmail.

Here's the working Google definition.

Transgender people are people whose gender identity is different from the gender they were thought to be at birth. “Trans” is often used as shorthand for transgender. When we're born, a doctor usually says that we're male or female based on what our bodies look like.

Essentially it's based on feelings.

Ok I feel like a stone. grin
Thank you for being sensible by checking out the meaning I did prove some wrong but they were bent on insulting me so I had to ignore most of them..
So now can you tell me how being a transgender is bad or does not deserve to live like normal being?
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Legendoo: 9:42pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Thank you for being sensible by checking out the meaning I did prove some wrong but they were bent on insulting me so I had to ignore most of them..
So now can you tell me how being a transgender is bad or does not deserve to live like normal being?

It's based on feelings.

Essentially mentally ill people being pushed to the mainstream.

I understand intersex which is biological but trans, LGBT are all inter woven as mental illness.

A culture bread out of abuse in prisons, Catholic churches, boarding schools etc.

Accounts for a huge proportion of pedo rapes, stis and hiv.

It's terrible. I can recommend you to a black American channel on YouTube where previous LGBT people denounced the doctrine and explained how they were brainwashed into it.

It's insane but I'll give you a chance to prove me wrong with sound evidence,not the usual emotional blackmail like homophobia and we're born that way gibberish.

Convince me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by TenQ: 9:44pm On Nov 05, 2021
lalasticlala:

https://www.aljazeera.com/features/2021/11/1/i-feel-invisible-the-challenges-of-being-trans-in-nigeria
Sick people who need both psychotherapy and deliverance claiming discrimination!

Common sense even tell us that you cannot expect Cockerels to lay eggs: but in the spirit of wokeness, humans don't know their identity again!

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 05, 2021
Legendoo:

It's based on feelings.

Essentially mentally ill people being pushed to the mainstream.

I understand intersex which is biological but trans, LGBT are all inter woven as mental illness.

A culture bread out of abuse in prisons, Catholic churches, boarding schools etc.

Accounts for a huge proportion of pedo rapes, stis and hiv.

It's terrible. I can recommend you to a black American channel on YouTube where previous LGBT people denounced the doctrine and explained how they were brainwashed into it.

It's insane but I'll give you a chance to prove me wrong with sound evidence,not the usual emotional blackmail like homophobia and we're born that way gibberish.

Convince me.
I didn't said they were born that way... modify that comment..
Secondly you haven't answered my simple questions..
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by cococandy(f): 9:48pm On Nov 05, 2021
eas01:

So are you saying African society were pro homos and trans before the white men came ?
By the way trans is a new phenom.

African society was more tolerant.

Trans is a new term not a new phenomenon.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Legendoo: 9:54pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

I didn't said they were born that way... modify that comment..
Secondly you haven't answered my simple questions..

It's terrible. Incase you missed it in the previous comment.

Pedo rape, non procreating, sti , sexual and domestic abuse, hiv are disproportionately higher in comparison to straights.

There are no benefits evolutionarily and economically.

To make matters worse, these people don't stay in their lane. They're forcing themselves into children's cartoons, movie's etc. We simply can't breathe.

Trans men trying to share bathroom's with young girls. Lesbian and homo partners sexually abusing adopted children.. check the stats.

Violence, especially in the lesbo community.

It's a choice, a terrible one at that, leading no where.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 05, 2021
Legendoo:

It's terrible. Incase you missed it in the previous comment.

Pedo rape, non procreating, sti , sexual and domestic abuse, hiv are disproportionately higher in comparison to straights.

There are no benefits evolutionarily and economically.

To make matters worse, these people don't stay in their lane. They're forcing themselves into children's cartoons, movie's etc. We simply can't breathe.

Trans men trying to share bathroom's with young girls. Lesbian and homo partners sexually abusing adopted children.. check the stats.

Violence, especially in the lesbo community.

It's a choice, a terrible one at that, leading no where.

And where did you get all these accusations you are Makin? or are you just saying this to soothe yourself..cos I haven't really heard of all this.."trans men trying to share bathroom with young girls" what does that mean?
And you still haven't answered my first question..that's what I am here for not all this point you are making up about them...
I am all ears..
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by eas01: 9:59pm On Nov 05, 2021
cococandy:

African society was more tolerant.

Trans is a new term not a new phenomenon.
You full of shit. In what period were Africans more tolerant? Africans never tolerated such. Most Africans societies such as those in Tanzania could not even tolerate twins and albinos not to talk of homos. mschwww
Also trans is a new phenom. The ability to become trans is as a result of modern medicine.

2 Likes

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Legendoo: 10:03pm On Nov 05, 2021
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 05, 2021
Legendoo:

You're not current, if you don't know all these things highlighted.

A lot of you think we're some backwards morons holding you back but we see what you don't.

Anyways, I wish you the best of luck. I used to care for you lot as my African brothers and sisters but I've given up unfortunately.

As you lay your bed you lie on it.

Please expand your knowledge on the subject matter, and not gobble up everything you see on Google.

Best wishes. Love you all and hope you see where we're coming from someday. Hopefully it's not too late.
Lol keep seeing what we don't without proving yourself..not impressed on your points but you did quite ok unlike your counterparts.. enjoy yourself and have a good night rest..
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Legendoo: 10:16pm On Nov 05, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Lol keep seeing what we don't without proving yourself..not impressed on your points but you did quite ok unlike your counterparts.. enjoy yourself and have a good night rest..

What do you want me to prove? Thought you're great at Google definitions. Why don't you Google everything I wrote to check?

You refuse to see the truth because you're deep in. No amount of rational argument will make sense.

Good night, remember your life is bigger than this homo bs. Gud night.
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by abbey621(m): 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2021
Flamemignon1:

It's not his job to educate. We have the number one source of education in our hands, the internet is free, there's no excuse to be ignorant in this age but that's the line the oppressor always use. These people's experiences are no longer punchbags that y'all who don't even care to punch anymore

What are you ranting about? Must you people pick fights with every word or sentence? We all have a job to educate, whether you embrace it or not, it is still a duty shared by all. I just adviced him to choose love when they throw hate at him but then again you missed the entire point and chose to attack instead....Na wa o, vauhulence everywhere grin grin
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 05, 2021
Legendoo:

What do you want me to prove? Thought you're great at Google definitions. Why don't you Google everything I wrote to check?

You refuse to see the truth because you're deep in. No amount of rational argument will make sense.

Good night, remember your life is bigger than this homo bs. Gud night.

Since we started a debate I expected you to prove me wrong which you wanted to do..so why Google..well you should prolly go to bed man yve had enough going forth and back.. enjoy
Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by cococandy(f): 11:19pm On Nov 05, 2021
eas01:

You full of shit. In what period were Africans more tolerant? Africans never tolerated such. Most Africans societies such as those in Tanzania could not even tolerate twins and albinos not to talk of homos. mschwww
Also trans is a new phenom. The ability to become trans is as a result of modern medicine.

I’m not about to go into a debate with your homophobic behind because it won’t let you accept reason anyway.

https://www.stonewall.org.uk/about-us/news/african-sexuality-and-legacy-imported-homophobia.

In June, Botswana overturned colonial-era laws which criminalised homosexuality, with the judge, Michael Leburu, declaring that “the anti-sodomy laws are a British import” and were developed “without the consultation of local peoples”.

There is a direct correlation between countries which belong to the Commonwealth, and therefore have previously been under British rule, and countries that still have homophobic biphobic and/or transphobic legislature in their constitutions.

I just want to clarify to you the bolded parts of your post. Getting the trans surgery is not what definitively makes you trans. If you identify as a different gender than you’re born with, then you’re trans. Getting the surgery is just an added bonus for those who can afford it. Not everyone can.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by cococandy(f): 11:23pm On Nov 05, 2021
eas01:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2014/apr/30/africa-homophobia-legacy-colonialism

At a time when more countries are moving towards inclusive human rights, Africa is taking steps backwards. Backwards, that is, specifically on the issue of gay rights, though sadly not to before colonialism, the era in which anti-gay legislation has its roots.
Most Africans don’t recognise homophobia as a colonial legacy even though before colonialism, many traditional cultures were tolerant of different sexualities and gender relations. For instance, in my tribe, the Ganda or Baganda, (Uganda’s largest ethnic group) women from the royal clan are addressed with male titles and may or may not be required to perform duties expected of women.

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by cococandy(f): 11:27pm On Nov 05, 2021
eas01:

https://africasacountry.com/2019/06/african-homophobia-and-the-colonial-intervention-of-african-conservatism

Marc Epprecht documents some of these sexual diversities quite well:

…a Portuguese document from 1558… observed “unnatural damnation” (a euphemism for male-to-male sex) to be esteemed among the Kongo. Andrew Battell, who lived among the Imbangala (in modern-day Angola) in the 1590s, was similarly disapproving: “They are beastly in their living, for they have men in women’s apparel, whom they keepe among their wives.” Jean Baptiste Labat, cribbing from an Italian explorer in the same region of Angola, also described a caste of cross-dressing male diviners known as chibados or quimbandas… From elsewhere in Africa also come hints of African men who expressed same-sex practices in the idioms of traditional medicine or magic… there were also unspoken erotic relationships between African women within the rubric of spirit mediumship or divination.

Africa was not the only pre-colonial realm whose fluidities of sexual expression attracted European puritanical revulsion. Homosexuality was decried by European explorers as a widespread “problem” outside the West—so widespread that the celebrated explorer Richard Burton felt he could only capture it adequately using geographical coordinates, as Alok Gupta documents in This Alien Legacy:

1 Like

Re: The Challenges Of Being Trans In Nigeria - Al Jazeera by cococandy(f): 11:31pm On Nov 05, 2021
eas01:

I could go on. But I’ll stop here. please educate yourself. I have taken a graduate level world history and international history class.
Do the same and unshackle yourself from the colonialism that you erroneously consider African tradition.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/worldviews/wp/2013/06/27/from-colonialism-to-kill-the-gays-the-surprisingly-recent-roots-of-homophobia-in-africa/?outputType=amp

From colonialism to ‘kill the gays’: The surprisingly recent roots of homophobia in Africa

Like so many pan-African trends, this one appears to have its origins in the colonial era, when a handful of European powers carved up the continent during the 19th and 20th centuries. (Before colonialism, at least some African societies appear to have accepted homosexuality, the Africa scholar Deborah Amory has written.) At the time, the rigorously conservative social codes of the Victorian era were sweeping through Europe, particularly the United Kingdom; this included passionately held and severely enforced laws against homosexuality. The colonial powers, organizing their African colonies within largely arbitrary borders and writing constitutions from scratch, imposed these sodomy laws across the continent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko-Haram Leader Shekau Found In Mali / Umahi: "Arrest Anyone Not Wearing Face Mask In Ebonyi" / Court Declares Eze Madumere’s Impeachment Illegal. Jubilation In Imo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.