Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,074 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? (20773 Views)

Borrow Without Shame. Top 10 Loan Apps In Nigeria That Will Never Embarrass You / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / Husband Joins Wife To Sell Akara In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by xynerise: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
To survive no hungry you be that. Any legit business you do that foot the bills and take care of other necessities should be something to be proud of

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by free2ryhme: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?

If Social entrepreneur, former security and intelligence officer, and founder of DMT Mobile Toilets, late Isaac Durojaiye (also known as Otunba Gadaffi) slogan is “Shit business is serious business"

what is there to be ashamed of

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
OF course,
Just design a New Package to it.
Modernize it and see it succeed
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Why not. There is no shame in earning an honest living. Don’t ever think that way. But with your level of exposure and education I don’t think you should do it like the normal illiterate roadside vendors.

Business is all about packaging. Do it on a larger scale by getting a small but sizable investment. Put it into producing a better quality product, attractive packaging, marketing, online advertising and building up a strong network of working class clients who can be your steady customers. You can even deliver to their offices to ensure they remain your loyal customers.

Become your brand. Ensure that whenever your loyal customers think of Akara and Akanmu, they think of you. That’s how you build a strong client base.

Businesses make 80 percent of their revenue from repeat customers and just 20 percent from one off or irregular customers so it is very important you utilize social media and good customer services to secure your client base and keep them happy. That’s how you win brother.

Good luck and don’t ever feel ashamed of what you do as long as it is clean and honest. You are more dignified than a rich yahoo boy, a runs girl or a thieving politician. Cheers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Godstiger(m): 1:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shame..? shame is when you stay idle roaming the street and rented yourself to the "devil" as a workshop
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by OlujobaSamuel: 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
Lol, will you be ashame to spend the money?
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by MrUchenna1(m): 1:38pm On Nov 08, 2021
Success is a process for all of us, and as long as you are making consistent progress towards your goals – sincerely giving your best effort more often than not – then you are already successful and deserve to feel proud of yourself.

cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by mila1121(m): 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
No shame at all provided u are making gain as ur soul prospers
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Lovenorth: 1:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
Yes
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by blamingthedevil: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
all these useless topics on nairaland... what is the shamelessness in going about your legal daily hustle
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by michlins(m): 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Your hustler spirit is still sleeping when you're still ashamed of working legit.

Here are the facts, you will start and people will be intrigued about a man doing that kind of job, they will be like let me try him. If you happen to know your skills, trust me they will keep coming back.

That first trial something you will arouse is rare in business. So I will advise you give it your very best at the first go

7 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Ibkhaleel: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?

I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..
the first mistake you made is to post your sensitive issue here on NL a forum filled with bias, drunkards, ethnic bigot and people born and brought up with hatred of other tribes and bigotry....

i can feel your pain... But be prayerful and hopeful dont give up on your dream work even harder and always be sincere in everything you do! Very soon you wil reap what you sow and your life might change for the better

it depends on your location.... You can start with any amount that is reasonable... As time goes on you will grow
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by LollySeaSide: 1:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
Make hunger beat you without shame first, then you'll answer that question with a microphone and a 5000 W loudspeaker.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Guyman02: 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
There is a man that started movable toilet business and he became a popular millionaire, read about Late Otunba Gaddafi, he coined the term Shit is serious business.
You can borrow a leaf from him and add as your maxim 'Akara and Akamu is serious business'
You can read about him on this thread and there are plenty tributes online in his memory.

https://www.nairaland.com/901758/otunba-gaddafi-dead-mr-isaac
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by meobizy(f): 1:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shame doesn't feed anyone. I'm well educated but situation made me run a menial labour job to pay bills. My father always threatened that failures in school push trucks for a living. As an adult I've come to realize he was projecting his own fears, the man has never done any form of labour in his life. I get paid better than most of my graduate friends although the kinds I relate with on the daily are low level individuals.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by jericco1(m): 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
There's no shame in money making

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Sleekfingers: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very well is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends seems not to be ok with it too..

Why your friends no give the money? You better don't listen to any side talk.....
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by fredoooooo: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shame ... ? What's their to shame about doiig a business to take care of yourself and family ?
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by hollah123: 1:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very well is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends seems not to be ok with it too..
if those friends really care about u like u care about how they feel,don't u think they won't allow u do tedious work?

If truly they care,they ought to have arrange change for u since
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by adecz: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
⬆️ ▶️Na your bank balance go
bear you witness..

In these modern times,Only backward
people associate particular professions
to gender. Oyibo don pass this level
tey tey.

As a guy, simply do your business in a
modern & clean style. With music &
a small TV with GOTV subscription &
a few clean seats around.

Follow Your dreams & best of luck. ✌️✌️✌️✌️

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by ERF: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
You can do ANYTHING legitimate without shame!

Wait first:

Who you dey shame for?

Your friends and family or your enemies?

When the money starts coming, they will come to learn business strategy or to even beg for money. Then you will realize that NOBODY SEND YOU!
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by ebixy(m): 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
No shame in making money. Those laughing at you won't feed or give you money
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
If i dash you money, you might end up not using it to do what you say you want to use it for.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by cerebralniggie1: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
The only things a grown man should be ashamed of doing are the ffl:
Yahoo yahoo
Stealing
Political asslicking(like the Mannabbq guy)
Gigolo

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Dasgoro: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

GO RESEARCH "KOKO KING" IN GHANA.

START YOUR AKARA BUSINESS, AND THANK ME LATER

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Champneys: 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Why not?

You wan make sapa kill you?
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Yankiss(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Why be ashamed? Organize your business properly. Wear uniform with apron string. Have official air. Keep your environment neat. You are good to go. Believe me once you start making money people will respect you. Nobody wants to know what u are doing. Just evidence of cash.

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by yinkeys(m): 1:44pm On Nov 08, 2021
Do you understand basic economics, inflation, cost of living etc ?
If you do & think it’d pay your bills as well as take care of you wherever you stay
Go ahead with it then do both when you’ve made tangible profit.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by cloud(m): 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
Its More honourable than stealing or begging

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Wrecxman(m): 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

As long as the money in your bank account does not have "shame" printed on it, you're good to go smiley

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by AutoChick4U(f): 1:45pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

As long as it pays your bills bro but you gotta package it and give it that difference as a graduate. I know a woman who makes millions from selling moi moi only to events. So bro you can do it. And a lady who truly loves you will support you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint / CBN Brings Back Cash Handling Fees For Bank Customers / How To Earn Regular Daily Income As A Driver With Roosca! -

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.