Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,605 members, 7,823,636 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? (20768 Views)

Borrow Without Shame. Top 10 Loan Apps In Nigeria That Will Never Embarrass You / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / Husband Joins Wife To Sell Akara In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Killermamba: 2:48pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

Your question should be, can hunger kill a man of 30 under buhari's government? Or can shame kill a man for hustling?

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by vickydevoka(m): 2:49pm On Nov 08, 2021
Bro don't venture into it o. No say I no tell u. Akara no go pay u as a man. If na woman Dem go de dash her money. Nobody de pity man. Even man no de pity man. Dem go look down at you. Ladies go chop no go pay, Dem go insult u. Only lesson way de pay me up to 100k a monthly I still quit de two places, bcus of Women insults

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Charly68: 2:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
It is all depends on you ,if your passion is in the venture ,go for it...there are those selling ordinary pepper and vegetables and they are living large in their own homes ..no business is shameful
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by jditimiya(m): 2:52pm On Nov 08, 2021
[b]What is shame in something that will put food on your table, my friend if you can do it well do it and add some style to it to bring people to you, The day you put shame to your life that will be the start and end of your life. [/b]
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by evioke(m): 2:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?
Broda starts anything legal in as much it's footing your bills, because no man will come to your aid due to the economic hardship in the land there is dignity in Labour
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Chatflick(m): 3:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by treatise: 3:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
Ask the man that establish Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) or Google it.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Lokojatoofar: 3:04pm On Nov 08, 2021
Starboytwo:
Believe me, it will not be easy.

Also depends on the type of person you is, I mean are you a G? Your lifestyle etc.

Last month, decided to do a little something different, fortunately, I met a man here and struck a deal to do fries at his stall(fried potato, fried yam) etc. Did it, sold it, was fun, learnt and interacted with a lot of people, blah blah. However, at the end of the week, I quit.

So, why did you quit?
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by 2buffagain(m): 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
The real issue is that you are broke yet thinking any food business is shamey
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by jimtemi1: 3:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
A man to do that, it will be that he has tried other means because Brokenness ain good.. So don't be ashame of your hustle because when broke no one will give u anything
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by bigpicture001: 3:06pm On Nov 08, 2021
Stat the POs biz instead it's not by law that u must be the one to fund ur capital.. as friends.. gf's cousins... And 100k can start u off...

Me I'd int subscribe to the akamu biz...

Again, who told u their is no job for OND gradautes.. u just ae nor looking enough... Continue to search, u will see.. unless ur age has casted.. another thing keep looking into ur area , u will still discover what else to do that gives money....I don't know why my eyes see only opportunities to make money anywhere I go..and people keep saying there is nothing to do to make money

In all don't lose focus!
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by mayorkent(m): 3:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shame ke
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by faithfull18(f): 3:13pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shame how, you better start. Nobody will pay your bills.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by qtguru(m): 3:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Change your mindset, you are a Food vendor not Akara Seller, Lagosian buy it alot, cuz it is cheaper to feed. Food is expensive and this is something the masses eats.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Starboytwo(m): 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
Lokojatoofar:

So, why did you quit?
better alternative are everywhere.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by NaijaGoBetter20: 3:17pm On Nov 08, 2021
Haakeem:
abeg no go dupe they guy o.if you wanted to help him be blessed.

If I ask him for money he should come back here and tell everyone.

I just want to help him in product development that will make his product stand out.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by fotadmowmend(m): 3:18pm On Nov 08, 2021
When online scammers are not ashame of begging oyinbo for money...... All yahoo boys are beggars you know?..... Na legit work baba
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Babatojide: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
MY OWN QUESTION FOR OP is
CAN HUNGER SHAME TO CATCH A 30 yr old MAN...? grin
As far i know
SHAME and LEGIT HARDWORK NEVER MIX
It takes a lot of SHAMELESSNESS to DEFRAUD, beg and or STEAL
So choose your SHAME WISELY
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by omolayomi06: 3:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
guy my advice for you is to go for the Akamu and akara business, all you need do is to make it standard. buy a gas cylinder like 10kg, a big frying pan and a big umbrella, get a good location where you think people can patronice you. this business is what most of the big Guyz in my town akure are doing nowadays. they cut the akara #50 and I think they made alot of profit.. just try it.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Pharaoh4rin(m): 3:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
If you're in portharcourt you'll not feel shy at all. Patronage will keep you.

If you're ashame to do it in your town, locate a higher institution and start it within the environment, then employ someone to assist you with indomie and eggs or toasted bread. You may not be able to meet demand.

I know what I'm saying.

Gid bless the rich
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Lokojatoofar: 3:26pm On Nov 08, 2021
Starboytwo:
better alternative are everywhere.
Ok. So it wasnt stressful or unprofitable to you. Just that a better alternative came up.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Tunibitoye(m): 3:29pm On Nov 08, 2021
You've 65k I've been looking to startup the same business in my area � you're good to go bro, since nobody is willing to help you why will you be ashamed of standing alone with the capital you've? Hard work pays

It may be funny when you start, but when they see how things change for better with your strategy � soon you'll have to compete with so many people in your own game

Focus and be wise bro
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Depressed101: 3:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

why not apply for jobs online from your current location, in your preferred city, jobs abound numerous in the city, especially low paying jobs from 30k-70k yes with your diploma, here in Abuja the most popular jobs for diploma with an atom of decency is estate jobs, especially facilities manager,commercial cleaning either by working under a company or by hustling yours, I recommend working under a company first. In addition you can skills online why you do the job you do, that's the best escape you have, digital skills is the altimate, I can't emphasize enough on it... Learn it. Practice it, there are threads here on nairaland where you can learn these skills for free, dedicate time and passion, you will get there..

For a start I recommend graphic designs, (it's saturated) but the reason why you should learn it is because it's a skill people in your life will want in the future when you come to the city, copy write, affiliate marketing, domaining (yes try domaining, if you learn your onions,you can raise a capital from it, I'm talking millions) Then the altimate of them all cryptocurrency, it's simply the future but you need money to invest, that's why I recommended those other ones once you make enough money from the others you can diversify into cryptocurrency trading and investments
Goodluck
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Stankovic22: 3:35pm On Nov 08, 2021
If you have someone that can pay your bills for you and not denigrate your dignity.... Don't do it
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by MarketDispatch: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I worth the shame?
To be thinking of shame. You are not ready yet to take yourself out of poverty.

Reminds me of the Late Otunba Gadaffi.....shit business is good business..

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by GOSPELTRUTH31: 3:42pm On Nov 08, 2021
U went to school to acquire knowledge and not pride!
Dunno what gives most Nigeria the mindset that once they go to school then govt owns Dem a job?
Society owns you nothing
If akara is the only problem in your area provide a solution to it and make money!
Would advice you to open fast food!
Those kinda mini fast food were u prepare Noddles, beans , oil rice and pap u can also add akara
Locate a busy street or junction
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by christopheojo(m): 3:46pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

There is dignity in labour so just go ahead
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by sicily4u: 3:47pm On Nov 08, 2021
I support that just make it tasty and sweet people will patronised u, where is Ur stating location if is my side make I come they buy from u
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Druss(m): 3:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
Yes, yes, yes. What is the shame in making money? Had a friend she left a job to go start making pap. Big time lady now.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Ajenikoko89: 4:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

can that man spend money if yes then he should be able to do that
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Kinzo0917(m): 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
U
Mylordmygod1:
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very well is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends seems not to be ok with it too..
Don't mind those your friends. There is a guy here in abuja who read mathematics and graduated. He started barbecue business after service. His friends mocked him and distance theirselves from him. But today, the story has changed. He is a big boy now. He is married, with a car and doing so well. Most of his friends that mocked are still struggling to survive. Had he listened to them, he would still be struggling . You need to cut off from those friends. I am 100% sure you will become very rich with this business. You can have barbecue as option B if you are ashamed to start up Akara biz
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by rosalieene(f): 4:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
He would make alot of money.

All he need to do is to avoid doing the business in his neighborhood, he is good to go.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far / Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 / Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.