Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,060 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? (20763 Views)

Borrow Without Shame. Top 10 Loan Apps In Nigeria That Will Never Embarrass You / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / Husband Joins Wife To Sell Akara In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by officialfestus(m): 6:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
Harddiskng:
@Op no shame for anything, whatever your hands finds to do, do it.

I know a small puff-puff road side that is run by males and they are very doing well.

Let this be your mantra:

Proverbs 14:23: There is profit in all labor, but mere talk leads only to poverty.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by henrijin: 6:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very well is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends seems not to be ok with it too..

Dump those "friends". Do your hustle. Like Nike will say...Just Do It
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by paskal16: 6:57pm On Nov 08, 2021
Na body go tell you
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by NubaVertigo(m): 7:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
A man can do anything without shame.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by ariesbull: 7:01pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?
forget this certificate is thing.... You can never get it wrong with food and business....

Do your akara with style, and don't do the normal akara... Add some things like crayfish, and tomatoes and dress pepper

You will grow
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Simisima(m): 7:03pm On Nov 08, 2021
Am a man of 32 years and I sell soya milk everyday.

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by descarado: 7:05pm On Nov 08, 2021
This is how big brands metamorphosed.

From little that makes no sense to household name.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Dan18(m): 7:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?

Where do you reside??
I have a new pos that hasn't been registered, I bought it for use but changed my mind along the line.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by ThatFairGuy: 7:31pm On Nov 08, 2021
As I heard from a customer I use his POS, First bank do give out POS to their customer who open Current Account with them FREE OF CHARGE at an agreed Sharing formula on every transactions.

You can make more enquiry on this.
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Skidee: 7:50pm On Nov 08, 2021
In Lagos, come and see young guys frying akara and puff puff. Some even cook spaghetti and fry turkey to sell in my area.

As a graduate I resigned from a 50k job to start selling grilled goat meat known as Asun and shawarma to sell in a bar.

If your akamu and akara is going to be profitable, Please start with immediate alacrity, the gods are behind you.
Just be unique and you can add a bit creativity into your business.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nice one nairalanders, Wondering advises
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by phill63(m): 8:41pm On Nov 08, 2021
Iyaebe:
There's no shame in doing anything that pays your bills, there's dignity in labour. Do it and ask God to bless it for you but make sure you leave that business as early as possible. Please find out the risk and health challenges faced by people in such business. Good luck

Jonathan tongue tongue tongue
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Occurstaem(m): 8:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Learn to sell shamelessly.
If the business is profitable why not do it.
The main thing is that don't look down on yourself. You are the artist of your life, don't leave the crayon on someone else hand.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Occurstaem(m): 8:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy:
As I heard from a customer I use his POS, First bank do give out POS to their customer who open Current Account with them FREE OF CHARGE at an agreed Sharing formula on every transactions.

You can make more enquiry on this.
For real!
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Kaysalas(m): 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

POS business nor need #150k to start,vstart with what you have bro
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Clinghton: 9:43pm On Nov 08, 2021
Your question should have been how profitable is this bussines.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by redsun(m): 9:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
You can do anything that can sustain you. The important thing is to know how to do it innovatively and effectively
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Tadeus(m): 11:15pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Drop that thinking and start the business asap. They will mock you but expect them to come back to take loan from you soon. That business is lucrative. I know of a guy in 2016 dah started this business and he was a millionaire in 2019. Just 2years, Baba built standard house and repackaged the business.

I wish you good luck
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Guzx: 11:52pm On Nov 08, 2021
No
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Dreytonisback(m): 11:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
Righteousness2:
If you Diligently do your akamu and akara business and Involve GOD in your Doings, you will do better than many of those that wear suit and tie.

Who wrote the bible?
Straight answer pls no story to confuse me

Lights up my kpoli in peace
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Ajeyo(m): 12:01am On Nov 09, 2021
Akamu and pap is one of the most lucrative and patronised business in Nigeria,God knows I have been talking about it with my wife for long?,we can add selling puff puff, bons,bread,raw onions,sugar,milk and other tea things.
Call me on 08022242944,let us colabo
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Cchuks27(m): 4:34am On Nov 09, 2021
All the best with your hustle.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Abiodunspectre(m): 6:46am On Nov 09, 2021
There's really no shame in money making. Reason I'm submitting 2 or more empty sachets of the Golden morn Heritage edition pack at any of their redemption centres in a bid to win.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by player007(m): 8:05am On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

So what you are worried about is Shame?
You are not even worried about Poverty?
Shame will not feed or clothe you sir.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by ekwesi3(m): 8:38am On Nov 09, 2021
My friend, I know the economy is bad eh, but don't capitalize on that. Akara is very costly these days, the small ball goes for 50 naira..

Just make sure you're different! I see you smiling soon.. like soon
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by ekwesi3(m): 8:39am On Nov 09, 2021
Ajeyo:
Akamu and pap is one of the most lucrative and patronised business in Nigeria,God knows I have been talking about it with my wife for long?,we can add selling puff puff, bons,bread,raw onions,sugar,milk and other tea things.
Call me on 08022242944,let us colabo

collabo ni, he didn't tell you, he needed someone
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by SOMARPSOLUTIONS: 8:46am On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very well is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends seems not to be ok with it too..

Where are you based?
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Danyyyyyyyyyyy: 4:54pm On Nov 09, 2021
How much capital should a person gather to start a basic Ankara and akamu business?
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by TellMeNothing: 7:48pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Shame how biko? What i see here is Ego ! Dangote wey de sell cement shame de catch am... grin It's seems before you start the business as a whole, you really have to change your mindset. Stay there Make hungry choke you first
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Love800(m): 5:38pm On Oct 31, 2023
Hello
Goodevening.
Is that sharwama stuff lucrative?
Am seriously seaching for a food buisness to do.
Skidee:
In Lagos, come and see young guys frying akara and puff puff. Some even cook spaghetti and fry turkey to sell in my area.

As a graduate I resigned from a 50k job to start selling grilled goat meat known as Asun and shawarma to sell in a bar.

If your akamu and akara is going to be profitable, Please start with immediate alacrity, the gods are behind you.
Just be unique and you can add a bit creativity into your business.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Skidee: 2:12pm On Nov 05, 2023
Love800:
Hello
Goodevening.
Is that sharwama stuff lucrative?
Am seriously seaching for a food buisness to do.

Yea, it was really profitable..
Don't know about now, since cost of everything in Nigeria keeps skyrocketing these days..
No more into the biz thou, left over 5 yrs ago, so I can't really say for now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

PHCN: Consumers To Pay More As New Owners Move To Recover Funds / Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far / Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.