Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,471 members, 7,823,097 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? (20765 Views)

Borrow Without Shame. Top 10 Loan Apps In Nigeria That Will Never Embarrass You / Loan Apps Send ‘Shame’ Messages To Close Contacts Of Loan Defaulters / Husband Joins Wife To Sell Akara In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1

There's no shame in honest labour. Op I'd like you to read up on a lady Mrs Ayodeji Megbope of NoLeftOvers MoiMoi, she started the business selling MoiMoi near corona school in ikoyi to support her family which was struggling and almost living in lack.......today her moimoi has took her to the Whitehouse where she prepared MoiMoi for Barack and Michelle Obama, she's also sat with the likes of Werren Buffet and the CEO of JPMorgan. Her moimoi made her a multimillionaire with branches in Lagos. Don't look down on any legitimate business.

3 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by ERF: 1:54pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Secondly which course did you study?
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Greatn3ss: 1:56pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

I wanted to travel to the city with my ND (National Diploma) result, so i can use it to look for work, I posted it here on nairaland, but 80% of the advice i got from this forum said it will be hard to see a paying job with ND result, while some said it is not even possible. So i couldn't travel again..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?
I know how you feel cause I've been there

It takes alot of guts, but if you can't I'll advise you change location jeje and go and start your business where people don't know you that much cause its not easy at all I tell you
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Fejimummy: 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
Guy anyone who laughs at you will not still feed you so don't be ashamed of any legit hustle you ever plan to do
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by na2016: 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
There is dignity in labour. As long as the business is legitimate, there is not shame bro
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Cajal(m): 1:58pm On Nov 08, 2021
Its only a sinful act that is shameful
You can go ahead
In fact as am typing this there is someone not too far away from me that was counting the money he had made from today's sales from akara and bread
They are two in number in their twenties
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by ihedioramma: 1:59pm On Nov 08, 2021
@Mylordmygod1, YES . Dont look face who will see you or who you see . If you know how to do it well brother many people will love to buy from you than woman from there you make big money .

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by baresi(m): 2:00pm On Nov 08, 2021
My dear, put shame in the back burner and start the business after you have done your research about it. It's better you start where you know people and people know you. Be diligent, organized and give delicious akara and thick akamu.Dont forget to always pray.
Note: if okada still operates in your location , treat them well, na your big market target be that. Early morning food for them to hit the road . Plus taxi drivers. Good luck

Mylordmygod1:
Thanks.. I've done research, just doing it in my town where people know me very well is what is trying to hold me back. And some of my friends seems not to be ok with it too..
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by SUCCEED001(m): 2:02pm On Nov 08, 2021
Do anything at all that can put food on your table. Take little thought of how people will conceive whatever business you are doing so long it is legal. Just make sure you have a good plan that will lift you out from your little begining. If Akamu and Akara business will do the trick for you and save you from financial hardship, quickly swing into it.

My advice. Hustle more and raise money for capital and start POS business. I also encourage getting a skill and live your life upgrading.

Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Sheriman(m): 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
The only people that should be shaming are the Yahoo Yahoo boys who are using another body of human part for rituals and relying on stealing others people future causing pain to them and making themselves happy here believing they have achieved and arrived.
Can't blame but I will blame our society for shaming legit work even if it is menial jobs or small businesses. Our society does not even recognize legit hustle again all they want is quick money. Some people will owned them money after rendering services and still feel reluctantly to pay. Our society is now praising and glorifying Yahoo Yahoo boys publicly they don't even ashamed of it they will say those boys are collecting what the white stole from us. If it continues like this in this country, one day will come that chicken will come home to roost. These boys will wire all the little naira you and I have in bank.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Disclaimer12: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
Bros, let me tell u one thing ehn, u see shane and fear ehn, na killer of destiny! I stay outside the country and I been Way for close to 8 years ! 90% of those mansionsu see in the village and they tell u the owner stays abroad, if I tell u wetin most people dey do ehn? I don work for restaurant, wash plate, clean surroundings as a graduate , many of our customers are young dude, some of who know me from home, but does that stop my pay? Nope! Many guys dey do security work for night club, some guys dey work for car wash ! Some dey do care giver , wear pampers for old grannies ! Some dey work for funeral home, washing dead bodies ! At the end of the day, the goals is to make money bro! Those your friends that will laugh at u, will they give u money to better your life? U will find out that they will eventually envy you with time ! The fact that you're where people know u should be an advantage, no mind anybody saying u should leave that environment! Your first customer base will be people that like u in the community, many will salute tour courage and support your business, some will buy akara even though they are not craving for it! Any girlfriend that look down on u is not a future wife ! Some will mock u of course, but remember human being will always be human being , if u do yahoo , dem go talk , if u do agbero dem go talk ! If u stay idle , they'll still call u lazy! Nothing u do in this life that people will not talk ! Do u know when I start getting my bearing in life, the moment I shunall side talks , the moment I put myself first and the moment I realise irrespective of what u do, people will still talk! Bro there's no shame whatever that you do to put food on your table! The earlier u know this the better ! The bible say never despise the days of little beginning ! Abeg quote me when h start your business ! Some of us will even like to support you in any little way ! I fit fly come chop akara for your shop sef angry grin, ask all the rich men that made money legitimately, they will tell u how rough the road Was! Brother of shame is the only thing holding u back , then discard that and stat focus ! In the end you will be glad u did! It's better to do something and fail
Than never trying because of side talks
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I wanted to start up a POS business with my savings of N65k, but the POS man that i consulted to assist me said i would need at least N150k to start up a POS business.

I've really been hustling everyday, doing hard works (especially on bulding sites), taking pain killer drugs on daily basis..

I don't think it will be easy for me to raised my savings up to that amount 'N150k' with the type of work that i do..

Now that my savings isn't enough to start up a POS business, i'm thinking of starting up a standard akara and akamu business and probably extend the business along the run..

As someone known by his people to have went to school, is the business worth the shame?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by jojo1415: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
God no go shame us

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by bergs2: 2:07pm On Nov 08, 2021
Shame is actually living on others' expense.
No legit hustle has shame
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Kajaard: 2:08pm On Nov 08, 2021
Sonnobax15:
lipsrsealed
Nothing to be ashamed of bro...... Sometimes when I tell people I work in a bakery,they hardly believe....Many people think I'll be doing better in life by now considering how we all started academically..But life ain't always a bed of roses...My momma told me that..

So long say e go put food for your table,no let shame deprive you of am undecided

I have been seeing some of your posts. You are wise beyond your age. Keep it up bro.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by rollywise(m): 2:09pm On Nov 08, 2021
If you think you are ashamed, I'm a banker but you just gave me a business idea. Dey there dey shame while I open the business here. You had better rush and start before someone else opens it in same area. Bible says don't despise the days of thy little beginning
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Levels1(m): 2:10pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Ops you can start POS business with #65k. Just that it will be much easier if you already have pos machine and which you can get mpos@ 15k and 20k at POS respectively. But the only issue will be that your capital might not be enough for daily withdrawal by your customers. But then if you are within University setting, certainly #65k is more than enough as 55% of students withdraw little cash.
Back to your Akara business, you CAN providing you can put behind your shyness and live your life accordingly. Note, been a Man making Akara business will be added advantage as people will love to patronize you.
I'm wishing you very best of life brother.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by 8stargeneral: 2:11pm On Nov 08, 2021
x123xlolls:
Why not?
Here no be tank for ph
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Onelandafrica: 2:12pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

2 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by techWriter3: 2:13pm On Nov 08, 2021
courtesy very much
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by IDERAWOLE(m): 2:19pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I'll be very frank with you.

It is good to hustlfor anything that will pay your bills, but also check out yourself, what do you have passion to do!

With your ND, really, there's nothing to be shy about if you're not shy about it. However, if you're shy, then what else do you know how to do?

As an ND holder, this should put you up to learn more things. Digital skills is another option. If you're not lazy about reading and learning then go to an online platform to learn one or two things.

Checkout this link and equip yourself.

https://www.websitelearners.com...i/

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Amicable24: 2:20pm On Nov 08, 2021
Righteousness2:
If you Diligently do your akamu and akara business and Involve GOD in your Doings, you will do better than many of those that wear suit and tie.

Are you saying he should set off first, then involve God abi you should be advising him to involve God first before making a move angry

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by bigtt76(f): 2:21pm On Nov 08, 2021
No do am, sidon make hunger wire you cheesy

Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Ashirioluwa: 2:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
Nothing to be ashamed of. People will surely talk about you but these same people will come to you for financial help. Go UK / USA / Canada to see the types of jobs people are doing then you will careless about what people saying about your job.

Do it if you know you can. Never mind about what people will say because billions of people are still talking about Jesus today.

1 Like

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by jeff1607(m): 2:23pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

It is even people with ND most coys are giving jobs to, secondary school dropouts are earning 80k+ as salaries here
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by Wapchrist1(m): 2:27pm On Nov 08, 2021
Move to where no body knows you and start it
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by bigcee(m): 2:28pm On Nov 08, 2021
slawormiir:
Damnnn niggar
No shame in huzzling

Go steal ten naira maggi for market make them beat you
Lol grin. No mind am grin
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by simhosting: 2:30pm On Nov 08, 2021
There is no shame as long as money is involved.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by stonecoldcafe: 2:32pm On Nov 08, 2021
Mylordmygod1:
GOOD DAY NIRALANDERS

I ame?

Question to ask instead. Is a lot of money � worth the shame?

Nor be graduate/9 to 5 workers dey do Uber as side hustle? Go do you and be unique while at it
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by UndauntedYOCA(f): 2:36pm On Nov 08, 2021
Bros na you know where your shoes dey pain you. Things are getting more expensive and life is becoming more difficult in Nigeria so it's necessary to ignore 'shame' if you want to become successful in life. If you wish to remain poor then think of what people will say and how they'll look at you but if you know you're tired of your present condition and you do not want to lose your sanity through poverty and depression then you can add noodles and egg, fried yam/sweet potato and sauce to it. grin you'll expand from there.
Look for a very busy location like a park, market etc and it'll thrive.
I wish you the very best.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by SmartyPants(m): 2:37pm On Nov 08, 2021
I've observed that young women in this generation are more prosperous than young man. And I can see the reason: women don't have this sense of shame that holds men back. A woman in your shoes, OP, would have opened her akara business by yesterday when you were still asking this question.

Brother, shame may last but for a moment. If you must bear shame for that moment, bear it and discover that shame doesn't kill.

4 Likes

Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by YangaBabe: 2:39pm On Nov 08, 2021
Why will you be ashamed of what's feeding you? The main thing you need na packaging and you're good to go. Meanwhile since we're in the food discussion, do you know you can be a millionaire just by eating Golden morn? Yeah, you can when you partake in their heritage promo.
Re: Can A Man In His Early 30s Do Akara & Akamu Busines Without Shame? by CDCEO001: 2:40pm On Nov 08, 2021
No shame at all bro. Don't be ashamed to do your work.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Innoson Reacts: Bench Warrant Against Me Is An Abuse Of Process Taken Too Far / Akin Alabi: Don’t Start A Print Magazine Business, This Is 2019 / Poor Handling Of A Fraud Case By UBA Plc: An Open Letter Of Complaint

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.