Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' - Phones (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' (37750 Views)

MTN Now Charges 7.5% Vat On Every Call That Is Made / Mtn Now Partner With Opera App For Free Browsing / MTN now allows you to borrow cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2021
yunqdady:

Go and meet your mummy. You are a small boy
And you are big guy who shows no sign of maturity through his speech..
This is a faceless forum and the post made me make that kinda comment..your sense of humour is quite low not to understand it was a joke ..since you are bent on being pompous trying to bring me down through your derogatory words fine..
It's ok apologies accepted.. enjoy
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Curious345: 10:57am On Nov 09, 2021
yunqdady:

What's the normal validity of this type of plan? And what time of the day can it be used?
you're making me do free advert for mtn and I don't like it
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Thomasloaded(m): 10:57am On Nov 09, 2021
w808:
True talk .mtn Don finish me self with 2much deduction of data

I sell cheap data bro.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by mbaise1000: 11:00am On Nov 09, 2021
Mtn are stealing from every one in one way or the other, last week, I subscribed for their international call bundle idb, I was unable to make the call because it will not pass through, I called their customer care and they said the prefix I was calling is not eligible, I said I checked eligible countries and USA was among, why didn't they say there are parts of USA that is not among and the said they will ratify it, I consistently called them each day till they told me that it has expired that I should subscribe again and try again, very wicked thieves man, I am still trying to figure how to get my money back with profit and throw the crime infested simply away, one decision I made already is that I will not recharge again, just spreading my other lines now
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Zico5(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:
Oga stop unnecessary ranting

Check your data usage as monitored by your phone.

I was like this till I set my phone on daily data usage then I realized that na me dey drain my data.

Most videos you stream on Facebook are in 720pixels which is high mb some stream at 1080p.

So look for lesser pixels like 480 or 360p sef
Pls kindly direct me on how to stream at lower pixel on Facebook and WhatsApp. Thank u
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by kayo80(m): 11:02am On Nov 09, 2021
Orangebasket:
Does it mean all these people have not tried airtel...

....Omo.. Una go cry blood.. That their red colour na real danger... That network na ritualism coven!! Their data is from ogboni kingdom..just blink your eye!! Gan gam!! Dem don send u reminder.. 200mb remaining.. Open mouth make you shout....Gan gam!! 50mb remaining... As you dey open the message to make sure say no be eye dey pain you...Gan gam!!...your so so so data plan have been exhausted....

Airtel sucks deep from the marrow... The literal representation of "e choke"

Hahaha! You're so accurate. I was laughing at the people above complaining about MTN. I'm like, abi these people don't know what they are enjoying or what? Lol. I had to switch to MTN when Airtel wanted to frustrate my life with the way they drain data.

GLO drains data the least, but it is just that the network isn't as reliable when compared to Airtel and MTN.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by kayo80(m): 11:05am On Nov 09, 2021
Imustnottalk:
Glo is the best but the service are not good in some places I sub 500 for weekend I couldn't finish it and it got wasted despite I was browsing heavily

Yeah, true. GLO is definitely the best and must trustworthy. But their network isn't as good as the others in some areas.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Kaa4(m): 11:18am On Nov 09, 2021
Airtel iz worse! N100.00 Data iz wort nothing.

Orangebasket:

....Omo.. Una go cry blood.. That their red colour na real danger... That network na ritualism coven!! Their data is from ogboni kingdom..just blink your eye!! Gan gam!! Dem don send u reminder.. 200mb remaining.. Open mouth make you shout....Gan gam!! 50mb remaining... As you dey open the message to make sure say no be eye dey pain you...Gan gam!!...your so so so data plan have been exhausted....

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by otokx(m): 11:19am On Nov 09, 2021
MTN for me has been quite reliable followed by GLO.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2021
I used to believe this until using my phone settings to monitor my data usage and found that network billing was largely accurate.

2 Likes

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by mechanics(m): 11:25am On Nov 09, 2021
Convert to Airtel, you will have night data plan.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by brightology3: 11:31am On Nov 09, 2021
chudyprince:
me i dey stream 144p sef managing my data jeje. i like MTN pass other networks in my place
abeg nor vex. How do I stream at lower pixel
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by brightology3: 11:32am On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:

Abegi na mistake
lol. Abeg teach me. How do I stream at lower pixel and how do I know Facebook video with higher and lower pixel
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Surveyor3: 11:33am On Nov 09, 2021
Whereas other countries are enjoying seamingless data flow , unlimited, mtn sef can't do this in thier own pls or other host places, the powers made them ripe Nigerians because they where also ( Mtn ) reaped by greedy elements.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Surveyor3: 11:34am On Nov 09, 2021
Whereas other countries are enjoying seamingless data flow , unlimited, mtn sef can't do this in thier own pls or other host places, the powers made them ripe Nigerians because they where also ( Mtn ) reaped by greedy elements in position.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Torpman(m): 11:35am On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:

I was like this till I set my phone on daily data usage then I realized that na me dey drain my data.

Most videos you stream on Facebook are in 720pixels which is high mb some stream at 1080p.

Even with that, the data in Nigeria is nothing to write home about
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by mrdipye(m): 11:44am On Nov 09, 2021
What of Buhari that's soaking/sinking/baptizing us with debts??
Free mtn and other network providers biko because everyone other person right now is trying hard to drain the lesser person.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by simhosting: 11:48am On Nov 09, 2021
Hmm
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by demzey(m): 11:52am On Nov 09, 2021
CheedyJ:
If na straw e for good , na hose dem dey use suck mine o..

Shey if na hose e still good, them day use soakaway pipe suck am
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by GreaterFuture(m): 11:55am On Nov 09, 2021
Smartlight:
interested sir.
Let's talk privately.
See my whatsapp number in signature
@smartlight it's a monthly thing, tho you will spend more in the initial start
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Thunderfayayou: 11:58am On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:

Beautiful garbage! What you wrote is absolutely nonsense. If you have lived in places like Dubai or UAE you will know what one month subscription means. One month is one month! People like you are the problem of NIGERIA who always justifies inflation by the government and corporate bodies as something worth doing.

2 Likes

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by extant4God(m): 11:58am On Nov 09, 2021
Not straw o, water bottle � ni oooo. Mtn nawa.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Zidoh(m): 11:59am On Nov 09, 2021
It's now all of them....only God knows what they are all up to
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by dmgr(m): 12:00pm On Nov 09, 2021
Orangebasket:
No be person tell me to run back to Mtn o... Bad as e bad...e still better pass airtel small!!

Right now self I don't know which sim to stick with when it comes to data, I was thinking of getting an Mtn SIM but it seems no much difference, I guess I will just stick with 9mobile
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by cayorday89(m): 12:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:

On point, when people say this draining of a thing I just laugh, every morning I check my data balance on sim and at the end of the day I check it again compared to what my phone recorded as data for the day and compare, this made me realize that no network is draining data it is our outrageous use that is draining data.
My rules, I don't view Facebook videos and it's even set to the lowest pixel, so if I do it means the video is not on YouTube and it's entertaining or educative or controversial in some way and warrants I check and it also depends on the time length also. And for YouTube, my subscribed weekly data is not used for downloading or streaming videos, rather I just set the downloads to wifi only and use night plan to download them with MTN Pulse Points which I have in abundance. And every other forms of download like movie or song, and app update is done with night plan.
Best MTN data sub is *131*65#. I sub 1gb weekly through it and I still end up with almost 500mb left every week which is rolled over to next week since I use it for browsing Nairaland mails, WhatsApp(I hardly view people's status), Facebook and other minor internet surfing.

2 Likes

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Ifeanyimiracle9(m): 12:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
Same thing happened to me oooh.
I subbed 6gb yesterday and it finished this morning ���
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by CheedyJ(m): 12:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
demzey:

Shey if na hose e still good, them day use soakaway pipe suck am
Lol
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by cayorday89(m): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Beautiful garbage! What you wrote is absolutely nonsense. If you have lived in places like Dubai or UAE you will know what one month subscription means. One month is one month! People like you are the problem of NIGERIA who always justifies inflation by the government and corporate bodies as something worth doing.
Sorry to say,you are the one wrong here, the fact that you subscribed for 100gb for a month does not mean it will last for exactly one month if you are capable of exhausting it within three days. And the Dubai you talked about could be an uncapped data plan for a month not minding if you use 1 TB and some use just 10gb on same plan is very much different from a capped data system in Nigeria for a month which can be used up even in a day depending on your heavy usage of such plan.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by CeokRicchezza: 12:23pm On Nov 09, 2021
I owe you 2 bottles of Trophy if you're based in Lagos. Same thing you said I'm experiencing with Airtel. I used to tell myself I won't buy data with them again but I usually break that promise. Airtel are the real armed robbers

Orangebasket:

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Thunderfayayou: 12:29pm On Nov 09, 2021
cayorday89:

Sorry to say,you are the one wrong here, the fact that you subscribed for 100gb for a month does not mean it will last for exactly one month if you are capable of exhausting it within three days. And the Dubai you talked about could be an uncapped data plan for a month not minding if you use 1 TB and some use just 10gb on same plan is very much different from a capped data system in Nigeria for a month which can be used up even in a day depending on your heavy usage of such plan.

Sir they do unlimited just like when we use blackberry phones here. One month subscription is unlimited. Once one month is over it automatically expires. Not 100gb or 500gb. It's unlimited.

Here even if you want do 1 TB it will still finish within the second or third week.

They have hidden charges over here that's why it does not last and that's what the article is all about.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by MyExpression(m): 12:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
OBALOLA55:
ALHAJI WHY DID YOU DUMB THEM

Hahahahahhahahah

Walahi, you be ipob ���

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 States, Face Telecoms Network Blackout — GSM Operators / Mtn Free Browsing. / How To Sign Unsigned Sis Files To Your S60v3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.