Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,012 members, 7,828,557 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' (37747 Views)

MTN Now Charges 7.5% Vat On Every Call That Is Made / Mtn Now Partner With Opera App For Free Browsing / MTN now allows you to borrow cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by jaeyking(m): 3:13pm On Nov 09, 2021
NetValueFX:

People who use Facebook and Instagram don't know that those apps suck data like hell. Some of those their 10minutes are over 150mb.

Bro I use Facebook lite and insta gram lite to help reduce data consumption.

My phone is 720p so any video of Instagram and Facebook is played at 720pixels.

I miss the days of 320p,240p
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by jaeyking(m): 3:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Zico5:

Pls kindly direct me on how to stream at lower pixel on Facebook and WhatsApp. Thank u

I simply copy the link then head to savenet download it at 320pixels grin grin
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by neonly: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
50 is how much bro

8k from my vendor
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by kenzysmith: 3:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
neonly:

8k from my vendor
OK u get money o shey u dey into yahoo no?
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by daytona007: 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2021
Honestly I feel there is something wrong. I usually take their 24GB for 3500 twice a month. When my data expired few days ago I didn't get that offer and decided to opt for 1.5GB for 500 bucks. I ended up using three in a single day. Didn't even last till the end of day. There is something wrong even if they don't tell us. This started this week or the week before. Just hope they recify it soon.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Maximar: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
Which network come dey okay, data wise lai diz?

I also think these transsion devices drain data underneath with hidden ads. You put on data, no app activity, 12mb don disappear. Na wa oo
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:

Bro I use Facebook lite and insta gram lite to help reduce data consumption.

My phone is 720p so any video of Instagram and Facebook is played at 720pixels.

I miss the days of 320p,240p
Lol ... When 200mb dey last like 2months grin cheesy grin
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by TenQ: 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
nairamaniac:

I laff u here. You have not tried Airtel. They would suck both your data and your blood from your body.
I've used Airtel before. They are as bad as MTN!

They are even worse because lots of data corruption occurs when you download videos with them.
I've stopped using them a long time ago
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by dan9ice(m): 3:54pm On Nov 09, 2021
[quote author=Mrklemo post=107458385][/quote]

Its not working for me oo
Since two weeks
Feel depressed grin
Sapa na bastard
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by jaeyking(m): 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2021
NetValueFX:

Lol ... When 200mb dey last like 2months grin cheesy grin

I tell u bro.
200mb just dey like 2mb now
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Zico5(m): 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:

I simply copy the link then head to savenet download it at 320pixels grin grin
Which link? There is no link at all on it
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by neonly: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
OK u get money o shey u dey into yahoo no?

My job is almost online things presentation and all
Definitely am not into yahoo sir
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Bamzyriches451: 4:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
I pity people wey still dey use their network for browsing
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by kenzysmith: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
neonly:

My job is almost online things presentation and all
Definitely am not into yahoo sir
OK put me through for ur online job make I dey make money
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by neonly: 4:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
kenzysmith:
OK put me through for ur online job make I dey make money

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Emeraldfynest(m): 4:47pm On Nov 09, 2021
What I've noticed about Airtel is if you buy bundle data, like 5k for 20GB, the rate of consumption will be very low, I still use that for more than 3 weeks sometimes before I dump am when I got broke grin grin, just get an Airtel 4G mifi, but you see that 1GB ehn, e no dey last 24hrs o. Airtel is still better to me, I don't do IG, Snapchat or TikTok though. You should consider those too.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Daisythof: 4:57pm On Nov 09, 2021
Orangebasket:
Does it mean all these people have not tried airtel...

....Omo.. Una go cry blood.. That their red colour na real danger... That network na ritualism coven!! Their data is from ogboni kingdom..just blink your eye!! Gan gam!! Dem don send u reminder.. 200mb remaining.. Open mouth make you shout....Gan gam!! 50mb remaining... As you dey open the message to make sure say no be eye dey pain you...Gan gam!!...your so so so data plan have been exhausted....

Airtel sucks deep from the marrow... The literal representation of "e choke"

You are right.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by emmyileri(m): 5:24pm On Nov 09, 2021
It's been long since I stopped using mtn. They are very bad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by donhils: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2021
AlhajiBitcoin:
grin cheesy

I DUMB them in 2019, over thesame data issue.

They are unrepentant in zapping data.
I'm also going to deaf them soon
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by jozz(m): 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
SkengRay:
bruv airtel is terrible. Those bastards when I load 100 naira card it disappears. I can leave card on my sim. It will be removed. They they suck data is out of this world. Today I bought 1gb. I was just surfing on fb without watching videos. The next 10 minutes they told me I had 500mb. The next minute I noticed my data stopped working I thought it was their server so I charged my phone and chilled till this evening it was still not working. I checked data balance they told my weekly balance was 0mb I was shocked. And the thing is I have 4 airtel sim I misplaced my mtn sim. I went to buy sim they told me 500. Mehn I just tired of this country to sum it all

Very true. I thought it was happening to only me
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Orangebasket: 5:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
CeokRicchezza:
I owe you 2 bottles of Trophy if you're based in Lagos. Same thing you said I'm experiencing with Airtel. I used to tell myself I won't buy data with them again but I usually break that promise. Airtel are the real armed robbers

Lols... Bro i dey Anambra o gringrin .. I no dey lag.... But honestly Airtel thief pass Nija politicians! ... Its so bad!!
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Orangebasket: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
dmgr:

Right now self I don't know which sim to stick with when it comes to data, I was thinking of getting an Mtn SIM but it seems no much difference, I guess I will just stick with 9mobile
True...The difference no much... I dont know about 9mobile cause i have not used it... But between Mtn and airtel... I prefer to manage Mtn... The difference is not much o...but at least..make e be like say i use the data wey i buy nau.. Even say e no last.... But airtel own dey vanish even before person breathe!
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Orangebasket: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
kayo80:

Hahaha! You're so accurate. I was laughing at the people above complaining about MTN. I'm like, abi these people don't know what they are enjoying or what? Lol. I had to switch to MTN when Airtel wanted to frustrate my life with the way they drain data.

GLO drains data the least, but it is just that the network isn't as reliable when compared to Airtel and MTN.
grin grin .. No be person tell me say make i run back to Mtn oo.... Dem no good too o..but dem better pass airtel!

1 Like

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Guzx: 6:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
Really
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by EarlOfSaxon: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
neyop85:
Get an unlimited home broadband.

How much is the device and monthly subs
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Awise09(m): 6:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:
Oga stop unnecessary ranting

Check your data usage as monitored by your phone.

I was like this till I set my phone on daily data usage then I realized that na me dey drain my data.

Most videos you stream on Facebook are in 720pixels which is high mb some stream at 1080p.

So look for lesser pixels like 480 or 360p sef
Oga stop defending them monthly sub should not up to that before month end, mind you its not for TV top box oh, mtn is like that
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Abdulsobur02: 7:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
Laughs in 9mobile
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by creepsyme(f): 7:30pm On Nov 09, 2021
Rydermaverick:

Close all apps running on background..turn your data saver on..restrict all apps background data usage..
I did all of that.
I wonder what else I should do.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2021
creepsyme:

I did all of that.
I wonder what else I should do.
See data must surely exhaust na..stop checking your data balance and get over it..
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Captain8(m): 8:42pm On Nov 09, 2021
I thought I was the only one MTN fighting against...... Mtn is now a super villain to it users
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by jaeyking(m): 8:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
Awise09:
Oga stop defending them monthly sub should not up to that before month end, mind you its not for TV top box oh, mtn is like that

Mind you, you did not do a monthly sub, you paid for data that is valid for 1month. That means you can finish it before it get to 1 month

Shey u understand
Remember you are on prepaid
You paid for 1gb that will expire in a months time

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 States, Face Telecoms Network Blackout — GSM Operators / Mtn Free Browsing. / How To Sign Unsigned Sis Files To Your S60v3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.