Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' - Phones (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' (37754 Views)

MTN Now Charges 7.5% Vat On Every Call That Is Made / Mtn Now Partner With Opera App For Free Browsing / MTN now allows you to borrow cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Hornome: 12:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
Yes i have been noticing this. Last night that was how they chop almost 2gb without any apologies. undecided
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:
Oga stop unnecessary ranting

Check your data usage as monitored by your phone.

I was like this till I set my phone on daily data usage then I realized that na me dey drain my data.

Most videos you stream on Facebook are in 720pixels which is high mb some stream at 1080p.

So look for lesser pixels like 480 or 360p sef

People who use Facebook and Instagram don't know that those apps suck data like hell. Some of those their 10minutes are over 150mb.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Trendy399: 12:49pm On Nov 09, 2021
You are a liar
Curious345:
you lied
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by cayorday89(m): 12:53pm On Nov 09, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Sir they do unlimited just like when we use blackberry phones here. One month subscription is unlimited. Once one month is over it automatically expires. Not 100gb or 500gb. It's unlimited.

Here even if you want do 1 TB it will still finish within the second or third week.

They have hidden charges over here that's why it does not last and that's what the article is all about.

Two different economy and systems, I am glad you understand what I meant, in Dubai it is unlimited plan, but in Nigeria, they have different mega capped plans for a month, a year and in some cases 90days. The point is even the one for a year can be exhausted within a month not because MTN or any other network drains but because the user is a heavy user and some other apps drains data in background and some web pages drain data through pop up ads. Myself and my sister will subscribe same data plan, she views every videos she comes across, surfs Instagram and views almost all her WhatsApp Status while I don't, yet she complains about her data draining fast while I always have leftover data which I roll over every week.

1 Like

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by honeyway(m): 12:56pm On Nov 09, 2021
Incase if you are using the hotspot, data thieves are on increase, using password retrieving software
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by pacespot(m): 1:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
Same thing with me, 1GB is just like 1MB in those days. I think this can be attributed to high resolution videos, high pixels graphics and heavy app usage that dominate the smartphone world today. I spend a lot of data on YouTube for instance. So there are many things that consume data in your smartphone these days. I think it is time these service providers started providing unlimited data subscription for their users as it is done in advanced countries.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by EmmaLege: 1:11pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mtn ole lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by SUXXI(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2021
use netguard to control data useage
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by TenQ: 1:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mleeperbother:

MTN has the fastest speeds, so videos/audios always load at the highest quality.
Again check your data usage.
You can download opera/samsung max to check app usage.
I agree that MTN has the fastest speed and stability BUT as far as data consumption is concerned, they are rogues.

You can use a video downloader to confirm. Buy 1GB of data from both GLO and MTN. Download a video that is about 5GB each with GLO and MTN. Check how many MB of data you have used until they inform you that you are out of data. MTN is wicked with this respect. I even notice that the higher your subscription, the more they Rob you of data
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by mailemy(m): 1:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
Exactly my thought. Most people think its MTN that suck their data without checking their data usage.
jaeyking:

I was like this till I set my phone on daily data usage then I realized that na me dey drain my data.

Most videos you stream on Facebook are in 720pixels which is high mb some stream at 1080p.

1 Like

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by nairamaniac: 1:34pm On Nov 09, 2021
Orangebasket:
Does it mean all these people have not tried airtel...

....Omo.. Una go cry blood.. That their red colour na real danger... That network na ritualism coven!! Their data is from ogboni kingdom..just blink your eye!! Gan gam!! Dem don send u reminder.. 200mb remaining.. Open mouth make you shout....Gan gam!! 50mb remaining... As you dey open the message to make sure say no be eye dey pain you...Gan gam!!...your so so so data plan have been exhausted....

Airtel sucks deep from the marrow... The literal representation of "e choke"

You are very very right. Airtel us the worst when it comes to data consumption.

Iv knows this for many years now.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by nairamaniac: 1:36pm On Nov 09, 2021
TenQ:

I agree that MTN has the fastest speed and stability BUT as far as data consumption is concerned, they are rogues.

You can use a video downloader to confirm. Buy 1GB of data from both GLO and MTN. Download a video that is about 5GB each with GLO and MTN. Check how many MB of data you have used until they inform you that you are out of data. MTN is wicked with this respect. I even notice that the higher your subscription, the more they Rob you of data

I laff u here. You have not tried Airtel. They would suck both your data and your blood from your body.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by mailemy(m): 1:38pm On Nov 09, 2021
Check your data usage before making this claim. Some background app can suck your data. I've experienced that with my brother's phone. His monthly subscription got drained in 4 days. I realised it was unusual. Had to check his data usage and I realised it was some background app. The app was busy downloading a full movie. I had to uninstall and cancel most background apps.
djflexcy:
Same issue am having with them. I sub 2g yesterday only to check my data balance I discovered is not up to 200mb�‍♂️
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by NoFucksToGive: 1:44pm On Nov 09, 2021
MTN are criminals, they steal your data
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Trojan8(m): 1:52pm On Nov 09, 2021
Thunderfayayou:

Beautiful garbage! What you wrote is absolutely nonsense. If you have lived in places like Dubai or UAE you will know what one month subscription means. One month is one month! People like you are the problem of NIGERIA who always justifies inflation by the government and corporate bodies as something worth doing.

One month subscription on 1gb abi. If you have lived in UAE as you claimed, you won't be ranting about data. Run unlimited or rest
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Trojan8(m): 1:54pm On Nov 09, 2021
cayorday89:

Sorry to say,you are the one wrong here, the fact that you subscribed for 100gb for a month does not mean it will last for exactly one month if you are capable of exhausting it within three days. And the Dubai you talked about could be an uncapped data plan for a month not minding if you use 1 TB and some use just 10gb on same plan is very much different from a capped data system in Nigeria for a month which can be used up even in a day depending on your heavy usage of such plan.
No mind that guy
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by yunqdady: 2:07pm On Nov 09, 2021
Curious345:
you're making me do free advert for mtn and I don't like it
It's not free advert. They spam people with the message. I just keep deleting them. I've received today's message too.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by yunqdady: 2:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
Rydermaverick:

And you are big guy who shows no sign of maturity through his speech..
This is a faceless forum and the post made me make that kinda comment..your sense of humour is quite low not to understand it was a joke ..since you are bent on being pompous trying to bring me down through your derogatory words fine..
It's ok apologies accepted.. enjoy
Don't cry dear. Didn't mean to
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by joungblood(m): 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2021
Please what network is the best for router, to watch Netflix.. I am currently using ntel, 25k for unlimited data (uncapped) and its been perfect, but the service is bad in my area now, and I have just been managing it, location is ota ogun state, ntel are the only network I know that have a true unlimited monthly data, other networks are just bunch of thieves and liers, them go dey call them service unlimited but later u go see say na 200gb u get. Please any advice on a better service
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Limassol(m): 2:16pm On Nov 09, 2021
Thank your lucky Stars signal is strong where you are, over here in kaduna South it's damn weak... MTN why? angry angry sad
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by felucci(m): 2:18pm On Nov 09, 2021
Stop blaming MTN for data used by your phone. You pay for what you use. Data is not cheap and as far as I know, MTN offers the best Data service. Some other networks just collect money without even giving one reliable data service.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by maryalloy(f): 2:19pm On Nov 09, 2021
I thought i was the only one experiencing it
I subscribed 24gb just last week yesterday when i checked my data it was remaining 7 hundred and something MB. I was what did i do with it?
MTN fear God o
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Mcslize: 2:33pm On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:

That's not true. MTN has recently been draining data. It was not like that before. I have been using mtn 20GB right from time. Couldn't finish it for 1 month. But recently, I noticed it doesn't reach one month any more.

We need to stage a protest to MTN.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 09, 2021
yunqdady:

Don't cry dear. Didn't mean to
Don't cry..I know how hard it is for you right now.. enjoy..
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by saintade01(m): 2:51pm On Nov 09, 2021
10gb in 9days cry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry cry
cry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry crycry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Rick9(m): 3:05pm On Nov 09, 2021
jaeyking:

Exactly. And besides it's 4G network. With speed. If it were 3G the data wouldn't get exhausted like that.

1 Like

Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by kenzysmith: 3:06pm On Nov 09, 2021
neonly:
Bro's u still dey learn me I always buy 50gigs
I only notice dat recently the data no dey reach me for one month how i miss blackberry subscription
50 is how much bro
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by Rick9(m): 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2021
The truth is. MTN network 4G is extremely fast. And the faster the network speed the faster your data get exhausted especially when using data hungry apps like Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Re: 'MTN Now Drinking Data With Straw' by jaeyking(m): 3:12pm On Nov 09, 2021
Mcslize:

That's not true. MTN has recently been draining data. It was not like that before. I have been using mtn 20GB right from time. Couldn't finish it for 1 month. But recently, I noticed it doesn't reach one month any more.

We need to stage a protest to MTN.

1) Was your phone on 4g network before
2) try to use free Facebook on the bigger Facebook app and see within 3 hours your free mode has exhausted compared to u using Facebook lite.
3) background running of apps also affect it
4) viewing WhatsApp status consumes data, its just like u downloading the status temporary with the fact that WhatsApp has increase the upload rate.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

10 States, Face Telecoms Network Blackout — GSM Operators / Mtn Free Browsing. / How To Sign Unsigned Sis Files To Your S60v3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.