Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,508 members, 7,830,522 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? (30411 Views)

I Love My Wife & My Kid, But I Want To Leave The Marriage. Help! / The Marriage List Given To A Man In Akwa Ibom State / I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by youngest85(m): 7:39am On Nov 13, 2021
obembet:
At 23 I got married immediately after my first degree. Had my first kid at 24, got a master's degree in my area of study, yet without a job. My ex was doing well in his business and he carried all the financial responsibilities of our home while I shoulder all the manual work; ranging from cooking, laundry, cleaning, buying groceries, making sure that every bills are paid, school runs, etc. All he does is to provide the money to carry all of those. I'm all- must -be -tidy kind of person so I made sure to maintain that.

I'll make sure I keep the house clean, prepare his favorite meals which I do by following the meal time table cos he loves three different meals for each day. Most times he will come back with a different meal to be prepared for him after I must have made dinner. This must be accompanied with fruits or nuts to crack, extract, slice and serve. As this continued I became perplex and may complain but he never listened or appreciated all my efforts.

As years come by our population increased and I begged him to buy a washing machine. This is a no go area as he believes it makes one lazy. After much begging and no compliance for about two years I stopped washing his main clothes, but washed only his inner wears. I saved some money and got myself one. He was happy I did so and gave me 25% of the amount I bought it. I later learnt that that was a bribe to start washing his clothes again. All my married life I never had a full house help. His relatives will come, stay for some time and leave. Even while they're still around I prefer to do some things myself for some reasons.

Now this is my round the clock non paid job from from year to year. I'll wake up by 4:00 am to prepare children's snacks or meal for school, wake everyone up by 5:00 am for morning prayers, bath the children and at the same time have clothes rolling in the machine while breakfast sits on fire simultaneously. By 7:15 am I'm with the children on the road to school. Keeps them at school and gets back home to continue the outstanding works. I may come back to meet ex still sleeping or brushing his teeth. I will serve breakfast, help him choose his day wear and most times look for one document or car keys.

I tried to get a teaching job which can help me continue my “rat race” at home. None of them lasted for more than four months, reasons I couldn't figure out till today cos I believe I'm very good at that.

By the time I could say “ehee, time to rest” it's already 3 to 4 pm, time to get the children back from school. Preparing dinner, helping in homework, correcting complains from teachers if there's any, bathing and feeding them. Sometimes I still find time to play and tell stories with the kids. I buy everybody's wears including ex's, especially during festive periods. I guess that's the only time I have to get new things for myself. It never bothered me cos I'm happy putting smiles in the faces of people around me. I'm always preparing home-made groceries cos I'm good at most of them.

I could remember vividly a friend advising me on improving in my outward appearance which I gave little attention to.

By the time I'll retire to bed, it's already 11 or 12:00 midnight. And so it continues.

I never received any form of appreciation; either in kind or in cash. And to worsen it all, he became so abusive; verbally, physically, emotionally and would complain and blame me in every misfortune of his life. Life was so terrible living with him. Yet, I did not complain until he pushed me out and finally left.

Most times we focus all our energy into building our homes, that is wonderful, thereby neglecting ourselves which should come first, it's not being selfish. I celebrate every member of my family every year but I was never celebrated for the thirteen years we lived together. After reading a book, “what kids need most in a mom” by a retired white nurse; Patricia Standforth, I started changing my status but things have started going sour in my marriage and I was kicked out by hubby. He got a nullification note from the church, refused me access to the children, etc. Though I'm working towards getting a civil divorce from the court.

It's been two years now and alot of people could not believe it when they meet me, as a mother of five who's so young looking, energetic and sophisticated. I've got a lot of space and time to travel, learn new things, meet new friends and recently working towards getting an MBA.

And more importantly, I wouldn't want to be seen where I was left.

Edited : Obembet
Is that the yeye man on your dp?
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by gare2510(m): 7:40am On Nov 13, 2021
People should go into marriage the same way they go into a business transaction clear head, eyes open to ensure your interest is protected. If you are the type that wants to work say it from day one, if he can afford to buy a washing machine and he refuses to and you are not cool with it move or leave the relationship. I think people approach marriage with emotionally and when reality sets in issues start. Again the number of children should be within your capacity (not financial only) to manage; one woman five children is a lot of work except you have trusted helping hands. Personally i don't believe somebody should spend time and energy washing clothes when a washing machine can do the washing or cleaning when you can pay somebody to. You can't really outsource taking care of children so if you can control the number so you can have time for your self. Some women unconsciously drive themselves into that space and later in life feel trapped. This entrapment sometimes self induced must be consciously guided against

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Verysmart101: 7:41am On Nov 13, 2021
Klass99:

Why do we (women) even allow ourselves get into certain situations? What are you doing with 5 children, knowing you have very little to no support domestically? The wear and tear on your body nko, from carrying 5 pregnancies over time? Don't some women care about their physical health? About looking good and feeling good just for themselves?

My top performing classmate who graduated with a 2:1 in Accounting ended up in a similar situation. Five children later and she is divorced today, she never put that 2:1 degree to good use either, her story broke my heart.

There was a front page story where a male user said - the truth most of us don't know and men won't voice out is that, wives become unattractive to their husbands after child birth, because of the changes in their bodies. Hence the reason they look for younger women, with firmer bodies and tighter pussies, to sleep with.

The guy's post had 367 likes at the time I saw the thread/his post, I can bet you it wasn't women liking his post but his fellow men. Which means they all agreed with his view, I wasn't even put off or offended by his comment because it was a realistic, matter of fact submission. But, what I thought was - if men feel this way then why are women putting themselves through the stressful wear and tear of multiple child births? It's not like the more kids you have, the better or stronger the bond between you and hubby, sef.

These men will flee for a firmer body, forgetting it is because of their children your body has sagged in different places. Hubby hadn't even touched my classmate in 2 years at the time I was hearing her story. Me, I will just quench because touching, holding and cuddling is one of my love languages.

We need to do better for ourselves and by ourselves as women, when it comes to a lot of things.

Let me tell you something.If you marry a man who geinuely loves you.He would never flee.The problem is that women marry for different reasons especially for money instead of true love and also marrying a responsible man is another paramount condition for a great marriage.Todays woman will pick a rich yahoo boy over a hardworking responsible salary earner but fail to realise that in later years,ur body will fumble and rumble and because he was never into you,He will vanish.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by McTobe(m): 7:41am On Nov 13, 2021
Marriage na travel and see. I don talk finish. It’s only few Women that fills their role without complaining. Most of them will work after they will bore your life to hell with complains of how much they are suffering in your home. Most marriages today are abnormal marriages ma abasi. Most women will tell you how hardworking and how ideal they want their family to be only to come to practical you self will need Divine patience not to kick them out of your home. That does not absolve men of their wahala, because there are also very many men out there that very non supportive.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Valuc: 7:41am On Nov 13, 2021
She will not tell us what she did... Only the good part we will hear .. give us ur husband number let's hear from his own side

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by adexpa(m): 7:42am On Nov 13, 2021
I do not hate any gender but truth be told, women marries their husbands most of time because of their selfish needs, they married because they found someone who can ease their burden(finance majorly), they do all kind of stuffs for the man in order to keep him footing their bills.

I have a question for most women,
Would you marry your husband or would you marry the time you got married suppose you are financially stable?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by kenodrill: 7:42am On Nov 13, 2021
Because evaluated experience is the best teacher!
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by youngest85(m): 7:42am On Nov 13, 2021
holocron:
I put it to you that this is a tissue of lies and fabrication. OP sounds like an ingrate. You are serving/working for your family and instead of appreciating the results of your good works, you are grumbling, complaining and whining. Your husband struggles to do his part in upkeeping the family, you do not appreciate his role but you complain of your own role. You purposely abandoned your family and children for a fake independence and shallow ambitions and now you are regretting. You lost your cherished family for phantom degrees, career and independence. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and then lose his soul?
Ex spotted!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Beze992(f): 7:43am On Nov 13, 2021
MNDY:

My brother, are you minding her. To be honest, I don't know what is wrong with females. Their reasoning faculty does not measure up. A vast majority of them are all the same. She must have nagged the man so much. She wants him to be involved in the chores too after making money for the family.

And you think yours measures up?.........Let me leave you to your delusions

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 7:46am On Nov 13, 2021
olamidefatoye:

Hmmm! It is actually unintentional. I think we are just naturally made that way except for those whose empathy part has been messed up by some kind of experiences. I am married, and I have two boys. I just see that when buy fruits, it's basically for them and if we have let's say three pieces of meat, I would rather serve them to the kids and hubby, just the same way I only pursue their own needs alone with the limited resources available, thinking they need it more, I can always manage and survive. Honestly, we do this with all sense of happiness and fulfilment.

smiley kiss

But you are important too and it is also good for kids to see mama happy and well taken care of. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 7:47am On Nov 13, 2021
UjuJoan2:

Welcome to the life of a Nigerian woman. . . Even when she’s not wrong, she’s still to blame!

It's sad.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Value2Ethics: 7:47am On Nov 13, 2021
Hahaha....

Op, go to Ikoyi and other cemeteries in Lagos, count the number male and female head stones and explain to us why there are more male than female head stones.

It's hard work running a family, but that can't more harder that your husband to convince a company or someone to part with money on daily, monthly or otherwise basis....

Men face a lot on the street, than what women think they face at home, that is why there are more male headstone in cemeteries lipsrsealed embarassed sad grin cheesy lipsrsealed

You have failed to plan on how best to run your home and drove your husband away, with attitude because you think he is having life easy than you.

obembet:
At 23 I got married immediately after my first degree. Had my first kid at 24, got a master's degree in my area of study, yet without a job. My ex was doing well in his business and he carried all the financial responsibilities of our home while I shoulder all the manual work; ranging from cooking, laundry, cleaning, buying groceries, making sure that every bills are paid, school runs, etc. All he does is to provide the money to carry all of those. I'm all- must -be -tidy kind of person so I made sure to maintain that.

I'll make sure I keep the house clean, prepare his favorite meals which I do by following the meal time table cos he loves three different meals for each day. Most times he will come back with a different meal to be prepared for him after I must have made dinner. This must be accompanied with fruits or nuts to crack, extract, slice and serve. As this continued I became perplex and may complain but he never listened or appreciated all my efforts.

As years come by our population increased and I begged him to buy a washing machine. This is a no go area as he believes it makes one lazy. After much begging and no compliance for about two years I stopped washing his main clothes, but washed only his inner wears. I saved some money and got myself one. He was happy I did so and gave me 25% of the amount I bought it. I later learnt that that was a bribe to start washing his clothes again. All my married life I never had a full house help. His relatives will come, stay for some time and leave. Even while they're still around I prefer to do some things myself for some reasons.

Now this is my round the clock non paid job from from year to year. I'll wake up by 4:00 am to prepare children's snacks or meal for school, wake everyone up by 5:00 am for morning prayers, bath the children and at the same time have clothes rolling in the machine while breakfast sits on fire simultaneously. By 7:15 am I'm with the children on the road to school. Keeps them at school and gets back home to continue the outstanding works. I may come back to meet ex still sleeping or brushing his teeth. I will serve breakfast, help him choose his day wear and most times look for one document or car keys.

I tried to get a teaching job which can help me continue my “rat race” at home. None of them lasted for more than four months, reasons I couldn't figure out till today cos I believe I'm very good at that.

By the time I could say “ehee, time to rest” it's already 3 to 4 pm, time to get the children back from school. Preparing dinner, helping in homework, correcting complains from teachers if there's any, bathing and feeding them. Sometimes I still find time to play and tell stories with the kids. I buy everybody's wears including ex's, especially during festive periods. I guess that's the only time I have to get new things for myself. It never bothered me cos I'm happy putting smiles in the faces of people around me. I'm always preparing home-made groceries cos I'm good at most of them.

I could remember vividly a friend advising me on improving in my outward appearance which I gave little attention to.

By the time I'll retire to bed, it's already 11 or 12:00 midnight. And so it continues.

I never received any form of appreciation; either in kind or in cash. And to worsen it all, he became so abusive; verbally, physically, emotionally and would complain and blame me in every misfortune of his life. Life was so terrible living with him. Yet, I did not complain until he pushed me out and finally left.

Most times we focus all our energy into building our homes, that is wonderful, thereby neglecting ourselves which should come first, it's not being selfish. I celebrate every member of my family every year but I was never celebrated for the thirteen years we lived together. After reading a book, “what kids need most in a mom” by a retired white nurse; Patricia Standforth, I started changing my status but things have started going sour in my marriage and I was kicked out by hubby. He got a nullification note from the church, refused me access to the children, etc. Though I'm working towards getting a civil divorce from the court.

It's been two years now and alot of people could not believe it when they meet me, as a mother of five who's so young looking, energetic and sophisticated. I've got a lot of space and time to travel, learn new things, meet new friends and recently working towards getting an MBA.

And more importantly, I wouldn't want to be seen where I was left.

Edited : Obembet

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by CUMMAN: 7:47am On Nov 13, 2021
Bleep more bitches and get AIDs: https://up-to-down.net/78643/Guide
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Adewale375: 7:48am On Nov 13, 2021
One side story is evil story... a woman to leave five children alone and she think she is free to achieve her goals....a fool will never lie against him/herself
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2021
olaniyiYAH:

Marriage is not a bondage how many divorce is happ when they divorce or living single mother life?

How does your comment relate to what I have said?
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by TuFab(f): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2021
holocron:

How can it be? Isn't she the one complaining of unappreciation and sacrifice? Read between the lines. If it's not acceptable to a woman, they never born the man with the power to push out a woman while keeping the young children.

Shut up and stop talking like you lived in with them!!!
The owner of the story said she was kicked out and you're here talking trash.
Is she the first woman to be thrown out by a man or what tf are you saying?
You must be as evil as her husband.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Grandmeister(m): 7:48am On Nov 13, 2021
Verysmart101:

Let me tell you something.If you marry a man who geinuely loves you.He would never flee.The problem is that women marry for different reasons especially for money instead of true love and also marrying a responsible man is another paramount condition for a great marriage.Todays woman will pick a rich yahoo boy over a hardworking responsible salary earner but fail to realise that in later years,ur body will fumble and rumble and because he was never into you,He will vanish.
Because men have that innate capacity to love in the truest sense of the word LOVE. Little wonder why the BOOK admonished men to love their wives but told the wives to honor their husbands. A man can even give his own life to save a friend not related by blood. We see it happen time and time again.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2021
Hemanwel:
I do not subscribe to this school of thought. Thing is: African women grow up with this notion that when they get married, the responsibility is on them to take care of their homes. And I believe they think they have to do it sacrificially. So, to the married African woman, she is sacrificing herself to ensure her home is in order; reason she puts her personal interests aside.
My observation though![/b]

I think we are also responsible for showing our kids how to take care of oneself properly by leading by example.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by drealaz24(m): 7:49am On Nov 13, 2021
Before, we always wonder why divorce is rampant among the whites. Now, civilization has brought radicalization of our women, the culture is broken and same fate awaits us in africa

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Hathor5(f): 7:50am On Nov 13, 2021
Grandmeister:

You're a woman so I understand you being unintentionally biased towards a fellow woman. But reading this story you could tell she wasn't saying the complete truth! She NEVER blamed herself for anything! I mean she didn't even own up to not being able to hold a job....this kind of people are fvcking manipulative. Everything was someone else's fault but hers!

You could be right but it is also true that many women forget to take care of themselves once they become mothers.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2021
Kobojunkie:
There are career men and women who work from home handling pretty much similar workload as house wife use to, this in addition to their career work load out there. undecided

I recently visited a lawyer who runs her business from her home. She is able to deal with 3 children under age 8 and still attend to her clients and children's daily activities at that. undecided

So, unless the housewife homeschools all her kids, I don't see how anyone can clearly say that housewives work more than career women, particularly in the world of today. undecided
outsource the work of a housewife and find out
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Roseey0(f): 7:51am On Nov 13, 2021
The truth is that marriage and even adulthood requires alot of sacrifices and giving up your own happiness for others be it inlaws, extended family, children, spouse.

But the koko is to do them for persons who are as invested as you are. Be deliberate about your "me" time. Teach your children to sacrifice too, as a child I couldn'thave all my peers had but I understood why and bore it. I dont hold that against my parents. Once every party is outdoing one another, all these grudges won't be necessary. The problem starts with not getting back what you are giving just as in this case that led to divorce

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by alabo1: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2021
Klass99:
This story reminds me of what Megareal (a nairaland user) said about marriage, on a different thread the 14th day of April 2021. I will never forget what she said because I thought it was profound, the full text is below.

See more of what she said below........

What does a man gain in marriage outside kids? Imagine the statement "all he does is bring the money". Imagine if she was the one who did that for even 3 months the narrative will be different. For me the feeling of entitlement women have is amusing. You want him to hustle and do everything yet you don't appreciate. If you want that equality also do your bit. Marriage is a partnership with both parties having their roles - the man is the primary provider and the woman is the supporting partner to keep the home. Unfortunately modernism has affected that hence we see such opinions. Bottom line to the OP as you have left your kids with him (kids that belong to you both) who takes care of their upkeep now? You are living .your independent life while the man still maintains them right?

If the reverse was the case and you left with the kids you will still expect same right? What is good for the goose is good for the gander. Enough said

6 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Owopariola01: 7:53am On Nov 13, 2021
obembet:

That’s the story of most African Women including my own mom.

Where is your stat? You people should stop the stereotypes.
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Grandmeister(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2021
Valuc:
She will not tell us what she did... Only the good part we will hear .. give us ur husband number let's hear from his own side
Look well! She actually highlighted her faults but was too dimwitted to even realise it! And the ladies commenting here didn't even pick it up(which isn't surprising).
1. She said she lost jobs on multiple occasions but didn't say why....because she couldn't find anyone else but herself to blame.
2. She said her husband gave her 25% of the money she used in purchasing the washing machine and she still didn't do his laundry.
3. She blamed her husband for not wanting a house help in his home.
4. A house wife (which is an honorable position) complaining of doing school runs for HER offsprings.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by keypha1: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2021
Marriage is a bondage, is by grace of God some married people stays together, sometimes you will be regretting marrying your partner, but if you leave your partner and go and marry your wish or your new friend, your problem will be worst.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Grandmeister(m): 7:57am On Nov 13, 2021
Hathor5:

You could be right but it is also true that many women forget to take care of themselves once they become mothers.
Men do too..they forego that fancy wrist watch or shoe to pay their daughter's school fees. Do you think the husband wasn't sacrificing certain comforts to cater for the family? Remember she never complained that he didn't provide, remember that very important part. She didn't also say he was cheating. But somehow she still managed to make him look like the bad guy in this story.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2021
Konquest:

@Klass99
I'm gonna differ with you here 'cause you're speaking in absolute terms.

Men also experience body changes
as we grow older, just like women
because of hormonal changes and
pressures of daily living. But these are minor situations if you're a fitness and health buff regardless of the gender.

Second, there's nothing wrong
with a woman having up to 4 to 5 children as long as ladies are in
tune with the current trends in
post-pregnancy weight loss and
body firming. There are many
women who have experienced
multiple births (i.e., due to giving
birth to triplets or quintuplets)
and they still look red-hot!

Don't make it look like men cannot stand by their women who have up to 5 children just because you saw 300+ likes on an NL post. Some of those likes definitely came from mainly younger folks who have NOT yet developed their power of imagination and critical thinking which lead to creative solutions in the real world.

Ciao.

P.S. Klass99, give me the link
to the NL post of the dude who
you say had 367 like. I'd like to
evaluate what the dude posted.

@ bolded, those women are the outliers, they're the exception, not the rule.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by UjuJoan2: 7:58am On Nov 13, 2021
Grandmeister:

This is why Nigerian women will perpetually continue in their mistakes. The total lack of owning up to their responsibilities and mistakes! You want me to believe that a woman who lost multiple jobs and didn't know why she lost them is without blame?? Really?? A woman who refused to do her husband's laundry even when he reimbursed her 25% of the money she used in purchasing the machine is without blame?

Refused to do her husband’s laundry? Like her husband is an invalid?

Did you not hear her say she had five kids and no help? And she had to do everything manually?

I bet no man can stand such volume of house work. So you guys hid behind ‘working to provide’ when in truth you are just not able to provide any form of support to your spouses. Guess what, women still hold down jobs and still do house chores and no husband ‘does their laundry’

Nigerian men are really annoying.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by DrFunmisticGlow: 7:59am On Nov 13, 2021
Grandmeister:

Look well! She actually highlighted her faults but was too dimwitted to even realise it! And the ladies commenting here didn't even pick it up(which isn't surprising).
1. She said she lost jobs on multiple occasions but didn say why....because she couldn't find anyone else but herself to blame.
2. She said her husband have her 25% of the money she used in purchasing the washing machine and she still didn't do his laundry.
3. She blamed her husband for not wanting a house help in his home.
4. A house wife (which is an honorable position) complaining of doing school runs for HER offsprings.
you don't want to understand and lack empathy, so there's no point with you

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by Owopariola01: 7:59am On Nov 13, 2021
obembet:
My advice to all Ladies there is that when a man comes, make sure that he is worth it and make sure that he knows your rules …

I like you. But don't complain when a man sets his rules too.
Re: Why Do People Improve Themselves After A Divorce But Not During The Marriage? by justmondris: 7:59am On Nov 13, 2021
holocron:
I put it to you that this is a tissue of lies and fabrication. OP sounds like an ingrate. You are serving/working for your family and instead of appreciating the results of your good works, you are grumbling, complaining and whining. Your husband struggles to do his part in upkeeping the family, you do not appreciate his role but you complain of your own role. You purposely abandoned your family and children for a fake independence and shallow ambitions and now you are regretting. You lost your cherished family for phantom degrees, career and independence. What shall it profit a man to gain the whole world and then lose his soul?

If you don’t change your ways and mindset, you will end up destroying your home too. She is a partner and not a slave. Appreciating people’s effort is very important.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Ex-naval Captain, Wife Fight Over Son’s Custody (photo) / Couple Welcome Quadruplets After 7 Years Of Childless Marriage (Pics) / Woman Chased Out By Her Son-In-Law Builds Her Own House Years After

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.