Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,593 members, 7,955,180 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:54 PM

Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim (4775 Views)

Photos From Adanma Ohakim's Wedding Today In Abuja / 52 Textile Companies Reopens After 10 Years, 25000 New Jobs Created / 195,534 Jobs Created Through Contracts In 2012 – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by kellybaba(m): 3:24pm On Jun 08, 2011
It is unfortunate that umunnem ndi Imo have been conned by the 419 Kingpin(Ikedi Godson Ohakim) in his usual style of using Imo/Imo resources as his own MAGA.

How on earth can a sane person say he is creating 10,000 jobs in Imo State when we do not have any single industry running

Where would these 10,000 staff be deployed to? This scam doesnt look to me like its done with the noblest of intentions.

PDP and Ohakim used it as a landmine for the incoming Govt of Owelle Rochas and it appears he has used it to set-up our new Gov against these youths that he scammed.

I pity my fellow imolites who found themselves in this fraud occassioned by the Chief Kingpin
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by kcjazz(m): 4:15pm On Jun 08, 2011
@Poster If this are the same jobs that folks paid to get into, then seek redress with the courts and NLC, considering the shady circumstance surrounding the jobs. You need your refunds and compensation from the Imo State Government. It should be illegal for anyone to pay for job applications. However, it is not possible to get your the "jobs" back.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by LPOdeal: 6:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
guys,

we should argue as informed persons. nobody advocates for the creation of jobs for imo unemployed youths than myself. but the truth be told, ohakim may never have given out those jobs if he had won the election 'cos there is no vacancy. the old staff were always been owed. why did he keep the jobs till his last days? the state has noresources to pay jobs n moreover, there is nothng for tem to do if delpoyed to any ministry.

this is just a temporary review, while the govt works out something more enduring n sustainable.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by houvest: 7:12pm On Jun 08, 2011
The 419 Don just placed banana peels on ARO's path. ARO will have to thread carefully not to slip on them. This is only one of the peels.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by paulo882: 7:25pm On Jun 08, 2011
HEY PEOPLE, NO NEED FOR THIS ARGUMENT, ROCHAS HAS SUSPENDED THE JOBS AND THAT'S IT ! ALL THIS ONE UNA DEY DO NA NOISE MAKING COS IT WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT ROCHAS WILL HAVE TO MAKE A LOT OF TOUGH AND UNPOPULAR DECISIONS LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE, IF HE IS REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT MOVING IMO FORWARD. WITH A WAGE BILL OF N1.9BILLION, MONTHLY ALLOCATION OF N2.2BILLION AND DEBT OF N100BILLION, I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY THAT IN THE FUTURE ROCHAS WILL NEED TO MAKE A LOT OF PUBLIC SECTOR WORKS IN IMO REDUNDANT OR MAKE THEM TAKE A MASSIVE PAY CUT IN ORDER TO CHANNEL THIS TO OTHER AREAS WHERE IT IS BADLY NEEDED.

SO STOP THE NOISE AND BRACE YOURSELF FOR THE WORSE. RIDE ON ROCHAS !
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by alexleo(m): 8:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
Some Nigerians can be so foolish. How can they be so stu.pid to pay 2000 naira to get government job. when Ohakim made that advert people condemned it, yet this people foolishly went and paid. Now they are crying to whoever cares to listen that they have lost their Job. Rubbish 10,000 jobs. In what way has their employment generated fund for Imo State? Even federal Government wouldnt even go into employing 10,000 people at a go. They can continue to stage whatever protest they like. for all we care their appointment is invalid. period. This are some of the radical decisions that rochas must take in order to sanitize Imo State and if the so called 10,000 people wants to hate rochas for that, thats there business.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dozieson(m): 8:20pm On Jun 08, 2011
rochas has called for the screening of those employed as from monday nxt week. So we hope that this would be the final resolution.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Jun 08, 2011
paulo882:

HEY PEOPLE, NO NEED FOR THIS ARGUMENT, ROCHAS HAS SUSPENDED THE JOBS AND THAT'S IT ! ALL THIS ONE UNA DEY DO NA NOISE MAKING COS IT WILL NOT CHANGE ANYTHING. I CAN GUARANTEE YOU THAT ROCHAS WILL HAVE TO MAKE A LOT OF TOUGH AND UNPOPULAR DECISIONS LIKE THIS IN THE FUTURE, IF HE IS REALLY SERIOUS ABOUT MOVING IMO FORWARD. WITH A WAGE BILL OF N1.9BILLION, MONTHLY ALLOCATION OF N2.2BILLION AND DEBT OF N100BILLION, I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY THAT IN THE FUTURE ROCHAS WILL NEED TO MAKE A LOT OF PUBLIC SECTOR WORKS IN IMO REDUNDANT OR MAKE THEM TAKE A MASSIVE PAY CUT IN ORDER TO CHANNEL THIS TO OTHER AREAS WHERE IT IS BADLY NEEDED.

WOW . . . what a pathetic response. So, jobs have been suspended -- and that is the end for you?  undecided undecided undecided
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Kobojunkie: 8:22pm On Jun 08, 2011
Dozieson:

rochas has called for the screening of those employed as from monday nxt week. So we hope that this would be the final resolution.

Screening? Like re-checking your qualifications and all that? You all make sure you are prepared cause you might have a chance here to get your money or even your job back.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by paulo882: 9:54pm On Jun 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

WOW . . . what a pathetic response. So, jobs have been suspended -- and that is the end for you?  undecided undecided undecided

Well if the so called "educated" young men were stupid enough to pay for something that is meant to be free, then they are getting what they deserve. The matter still remains that IMO can't afford to keep those jobs cos there's no money to pay them, you can argue this forever or challenge it in any law court in the land, it will not change anything. Better still you can go uproot Douglas House ( Official Residence of the Governor ) and take it back to your place, it will not change anything. Thats the point I am making.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Kobojunkie: 9:59pm On Jun 08, 2011
paulo882:

Well if the so called "educated" young men were silly enough to pay for something that is meant to be free, then they are getting what they deserve. The matter still remains that IMO can't afford to keep those jobs cos there's no money to pay them, you can argue this forever or challenge it in any law court in the land, it will not change anything. Better still you can go uproot Douglas House ( Official Residence of the Governor ) and take it back to your place, it will not change anything. Thats the point I am making.

Stop with the silly pretense that this is the first time you have heard of people PAYING application fees for jobs. We are talking Nigeria here where you pay for practically every thing, even some scholarship applications mind you.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Dede1(m): 10:03pm On Jun 08, 2011
My people say anything scooped from the side of a pot ends at the side of the mouth. Every political move made by Okorocha since he was illegally declared governor of Imo State has been an object of questionable illegality. From the purported letter to the banks in Imo State by his Chief of Staff, the alleged suspension of LGA councilors to sacking of staffs haired through civil service commission.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by paulo882: 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Stop with the silly pretense that this is the first time you have heard of people PAYING application fees for jobs.  We are talking Nigeria here where you pay for practically every thing, even some scholarship applications mind you.

Like I said we can go on arguing about this but it wouldn't change anything. Rochas will have to make more difficult and unpopular decisions such as this, if he is serious about transforming IMO, and ppl will call him names and say all sorts of things about him cos of these very difficult decisions he has to make but only if he preserves will he succeed and raise Imo from its ruins.

Imo ppl should brace themselves for some painful restructuring.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by Oscillation(m): 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2011
Imolites should brace up for things like this if they to progress and release imo from its dominant problems. The start will be hard but proceedings later will be revered by all. They should ask anambrarians what the beginning was, when we really put down to fight massob excessive violent demonstration, when curfew was called and anambrarians were incarcerated and maimed by military personnel from other ethnic group (sincerely speaking, they imposed severe torture on not usually offenders). People cast aspersion of great magnitude to the state government, every single soul in anambra hate mr peter obi but today majority sing him as their morning song. wink
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by rolchi(m): 8:44am On Jun 09, 2011

very correct, my brother!
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by xandro101(m): 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
Fellow Nigerian graduates, while I share the pains of the unemployed I think it's high time we told ourselves the truth: the government cannot create jobs for a goodly number of unemployed grads. I believe Rochas did what was right as Imo State is not wealthy enough to pay for unnecessarily redundant labour. I have always maintained that Nigerians who think that the government alone is responsible for the unemployment situation in this country don't understand how economies are ran. The truth is, it's the working class that is holding back progress. In those developed economies it's not the government that creates jobs, the government facilitates job creation and this "facilitation" depends on several factors. One of such factors is that there must be an entreprenuer or a group of entreprenuers who are ready to "make" a product for sale. The product could be sold within or without their country. By starting such manufacturing ventures jobs would be created and the more there are such entreprenuers the more there would be jobs and such is the case of the developed countries of the West and Japan. To be sure, Siemens, Sony, Nokia, LG, GE, ABB, Ericsson, Shell, and many more companies are not run by government but by a group of people.
Now, the point I am making is that the unemployment morass that this country is immersed in will certainly worsen if the already rich working class citizens do not invest in the future by going into manufacturing. And by manufacturing, I do not mean fast-food-making, sugar production, salt, spaghetti, but the manufacturing of those export-quality technology-intensive products whose manufacture will require a large input of labour force, directly or indirectly and which is lucrative enough for the people employed thereby to attain a high standard of living. Nigeria has a lot of billionaires only that majority of them are not investing "wisely". They buy shares, or stash away money in fixed deposit instead of putting the money to work through "manufacturing" thereby enriching the unemployed and enriching themselves better than if they bought shares or used compound interest on the money.
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by ak47mann(m): 2:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
my imo people abeg make una take am easy why all this shout undecided
Re: Rochas Suspends Jobs Created By Ohakim by docjuli(m): 10:22am On Jun 13, 2011
Okorocha sets up committee to review Ohakim’s ‘10,000 jobs’
CHRIS NJOKU 13/06/2011 05:42:00

The governor last Tuesday in a state broadcast to the people announced the suspension of the 10,000 jobs, saying that the former governor employed the youths three weeks to the time he was to leave office. He therefore, set up the committees to verify the modalities used for the employment. According to a statement signed by the Senior Special Assistant (SSA) to the governor on Media, Mr. Chinedu Offor, all beneficiaries are hereby invited to meet with the Review / Verification committees in their respective local government areas of origin on Tuesday 14th June, 2011.

source: http://nationalmirroronline.net/news/14122.html

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pictures Of New Lagos In 2020 / Gaddafi's Warning To Europe Is Coming To Pass / Akwa-Ibom Seeks FG’s N200m FADAMA III Cassava Financing Fund

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.