Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,380 members, 7,864,733 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 04:47 AM

How Can I Cure Palpitations - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Can I Cure Palpitations (2291 Views)

How Do I Cure Conji As A Guy / How Can I Cure My Konji / Help Please,how Do I Cure Premature Ejaculation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 9:55pm On Nov 10, 2021
Good day all, sorry for bringing this to this section I just believe I'd reach out to more people here.
It all started last year, I really worried so much about something then I started having difficulty sleeping, chest pains and insomnia, I have also resolved what I was facing but i keep experiencing these symptoms. I've been to different doctors. The symptoms have reduced a little tho at least I sleep better now but the chest pain and palpitations is still there, I've done ECG and checked my bp and everything is fine.

Please has anyone faced this before? Tell me how to resolved it permanently. What to avoid and what to take. I know there are wonderful doctors here please come to my aid. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Ammishaddai: 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2021
You may be experiencing anxiety neurosis
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
You may be experiencing anxiety neurosis
How can it be cured please?
Thank you
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by helinues: 10:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
You need to take care of your worries first
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 10:04pm On Nov 10, 2021
helinues:
You need to take care of your worries first
I have, I no longer think about it anymore but the symptoms are still present.
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Ammishaddai: 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2021
Maclink288:

How can it be cured please?
Thank you
There is no cure , and don't let anyone deceive you . You can only manage it through Beta-blockers and antidepressants. Some doctors would recommend exercise and seeking psychological counseling, but it doesn't work
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Penicillin: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2021
For the palpitations, you can be on propanolol 40mg..1 dly, as well you can run a thyroid function test
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2021
Ammishaddai:
There is no cure , and don't let anyone deceive you . You can only manage it through Beta-blockers and antidepressants. Some doctors would recommend exercise and seeking psychological counseling, but it doesn't work
Okay... but I'm not sure I'm suffering from anxiety tho, I don't feel anxious or depressed.
Thanks anyway.
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by helinues: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2021
Maclink288:

I have, I no longer think about it anymore but the symptoms are still present.

Then you might need to treat the symptoms psychologically

Worries, depressions are just accumulation of thoughts in the subconscious mind which then form belief. The feelings, emotions are signals triggered by the subconscious mind to take action about something. May be the particular worry that got you into this might have been solved, but that does not mean new form of worries can't be created along the line

1 Like

Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Ammishaddai: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2021
Maclink288:

Okay... but I'm not sure I'm suffering from anxiety tho, I don't feel anxious or depressed.
Thanks anyway.
Let me state your symptoms:

Irregular palpitations

Insomina

Difficulty breathing

Tingling sensations in your legs and intense muscle pains in your arms

Sweating

Headaches

Inability to focus due to your eyes feeling like they are about to pop.
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by SenecaTheYonger: 10:35pm On Nov 10, 2021
Maclink288:

Thanks anyway.

Check your breathing. Make sure you’re taking in enough oxygen and breathing from your stomach and not chest (diaphragm breathing)
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by ClassicCaleb: 10:41pm On Nov 10, 2021
Do you take blood tonic, beside garlic and ginger can help too,
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by ClassicCaleb: 10:42pm On Nov 10, 2021
Take blood tonic maybe your blood is low due to stress, also try garlic and ginger,or peak milk
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Shellsploit: 10:59pm On Nov 10, 2021
Do u also feels pain around your breast bone especially when you pop your sternum?
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Kobojunkie: 11:02pm On Nov 10, 2021
Maclink288:
Good day all, sorry for bringing this to this section I just believe I'd reach out to more people here.
It all started last year, I really worried so much about something then I started having difficulty sleeping, chest pains and insomnia, I have also resolved what I was facing but i keep experiencing these symptoms. I've been to different doctors. The symptoms have reduced a little tho at least I sleep better now but the chest pain and palpitations is still there, I've done ECG and checked my bp and everything is fine.

Please has anyone faced this before? Tell me how to resolved it permanently. What to avoid and what to take. I know there are wonderful doctors here please come to my aid. Thanks
Your doctors are wonderful yet they haven't sent you off to see a psychiatrist still? Na to use you make money by giving you a barrage of tests them dey? undecided

Abeg, book appointment with a psychiatrist and get on treatment so you can start experiencing peace of mind soonest. undecided

Look instead for online tests for mental health to help educate yourself about your symptoms
https://screening.mhanational.org/screening-tools/anxiety/
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Boogyman557: 4:43am On Nov 11, 2021
HOLLY GRAM cool D ANSWER SIMPLE NA. NNA NAWA 4 DIS MANCHI OOO. ABOBI SEE MAKE U START TO DE KUSH WEED OR IF U NEVER TEST AM B4, I GO ADVISE U TO START WIT HALF STICK, MAYBE AS U DE GRADUATE U GO BEGIN TAKE FULL STICK, B4 U NO IT. ABOBI U GO DE ALRIGHT. WTF MAN
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 6:25am On Nov 11, 2021
Ammishaddai:
Let me state your symptoms:

Irregular palpitations

Insomina

Difficulty breathing

Tingling sensations in your legs and intense muscle pains in your arms

Sweating

Headaches

Inability to focus due to your eyes feeling like they are about to pop.
The only thing I feel is the irregular palpitations and chest pains.
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 6:26am On Nov 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Your doctors are wonderful yet they haven't sent you off to see a psychiatrist still? Na to use you make money by giving you a barrage of tests them dey? undecided

Abeg, book appointment with a psychiatrist and get on treatment so you can start experiencing peace of mind soonest. undecided

Look instead for online tests for mental health to help educate yourself about your symptoms
https://screening.mhanational.org/screening-tools/anxiety/
I met a therapist and she said with time it would wear off. I just want to know the way people who faced it got cured.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 6:28am On Nov 11, 2021
Lalasticlala
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Kobojunkie: 6:30am On Nov 11, 2021
Maclink288:

I met a therapist and she said with time it would wear off. I just want to know the way people who faced it got cured.
She didn't suggest therapy or counseling? undecided
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 6:43am On Nov 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
She didn't suggest therapy or counseling? undecided
Nope. But have you faced it before?
The treatment you specified does it mean I'd be taking drugs for life?
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Kobojunkie: 6:49am On Nov 11, 2021
Maclink288:

Nope. But have you faced it before?
The treatment you specified does it mean I'd be taking drugs for life?
Treatment depends on what ails you and the degree to which it affects you. undecided

And yes, with mental illness, no one can pretend when and if the problem will go away so you are typically told you might need to continue on the medication for life. undecided

In many cases, people only require counseling to help them properly identify and handle triggers for their problem. I would suggest you ask the psychiatrist for additional information and why she didn't even prescribe counseling to help you handle whatever the cause of the palpitations or tremors. undecided

By the way, what diagnosis did she give you? undecided
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 7:59am On Nov 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Treatment depends on what ails you and the degree to which it affects you. undecided

And yes, with mental illness, no one can pretend when and if the problem will go away so you are typically told you might need to continue on the medication for life. undecided

In many cases, people only require counseling to help them properly identify and handle triggers for their problem. I would suggest you ask the psychiatrist for additional information and why she didn't even prescribe counseling to help you handle whatever the cause of the palpitations or tremors. undecided

By the way, what diagnosis did she give you? undecided
Although she said it was Anxiety but with time the symptoms would wear off that it's not something to bother about. Fir now I can say that the symptoms are really depreciating but I need it to be cured totally
Can lifestyle changes suffice? If yes, what changes can I make?
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Kobojunkie: 8:04am On Nov 11, 2021
Maclink288:

Although she said it was Anxiety but with time the symptoms would wear off that it's not something to bother about. Fir now I can say that the symptoms are really depreciating but I need it to be cured totally
Can lifestyle changes suffice? If yes, what changes can I make?
This where counseling could have been beneficial in helping you identify those things in your life that you could change in order to reduce stress and ultimately help reduce your anxiety. undecided

Do you know some of the things that cause the anxiety to flare up? undecided
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Quality20(m): 8:06am On Nov 11, 2021
maybe you do take caffeine or similar substances, I remember having palpitations around when I was in SS3 preparing for waec n taking Nescafe but now as an elder coffee doesn't cause me palpitation
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 8:14am On Nov 11, 2021
Kobojunkie:
This where counseling could have been beneficial in helping you identify those things in your life that you could change in order to reduce stress and ultimately help reduce your anxiety. undecided

Do you know some of the things that cause the anxiety to flare up? undecided
I don't have any anxiety at all... I just still feel palpitations and chest pains that's all
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Kobojunkie: 5:03pm On Nov 11, 2021
Maclink288:

I don't have any anxiety at all... I just still feel palpitations and chest pains that's all
My bad! I thought you said you were diagnosed as having anxiety problems. All is well then. undecided
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Maclink288: 9:09pm On Nov 11, 2021
More input please
Re: How Can I Cure Palpitations by Kintomadit(m): 4:54pm On Jan 04, 2022
Good day. Op can I have your number?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Has More Curves, Nicki Minaj Or Cardi B? (photos) / Intelligence: How I Caught A Cheating Wife / Nigerian Ladies' Begging Attitude On Social Media Is Becoming Unbecoming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.