Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,713 members, 7,816,939 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:40 PM

Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria (5364 Views)

10 Unbelievable But True Facts About Nigeria. / 12 Things You Didnt Know About Nigeria / 5 Good Things And Bad Things About Nigerian People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by buzugee(m): 1:36pm On Jun 07, 2011
shagaman:

has produced a host of world celebs
seal
sade adu
shirley bassey
akkninuoye agbaje
chiewetel ejiofor
philip emeagwali
akeem olajuwon
john fashanu
chinua achebe
fela
dizzie rascal
wale

U forgot to add Daddy OBJ
daddy obj can hug transformer for all i care grin
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Benzora(m): 1:59pm On Jun 07, 2011
Hhhhmmmm!!!!!
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by fxtopedia(m): 2:13pm On Jun 07, 2011
PEACE,  in some part of the country like SW N SW
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jun 07, 2011
PROUD-IGBO:

@ topic: LOL grin, funny you're racking your brain trying to come up with positives about Nigeria.

I'll give you a tip: try approaching the task from an ethnic point of view, and you're certain to make a surprising/fast headway. Alternatively, ask the tribal champions on Nairaland to help you out, and where you see 'Igbo; Yoruba; Hausa/Fulani; etc', just substitute Nigeria for any of them. wink
O.P i think this will serve you the most!
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by kabukabu50(m): 2:51pm On Jun 07, 2011
Hands down its Racism and Bigotry,the fact that nigerians dont see themselves as being racist/bigots is the best thing about Nigeria,they'll admit corruption,fraud and dishonesty but they will never own up to their absolute disdain for others perceived differences from them.
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by omo9ja1(m): 3:06pm On Jun 07, 2011
Nigeria is good and sweet

Nigerian people are welcoming

Nigeria people suffering and smilling
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by odiraa(f): 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2011
The only country that their women don't have sexual intercourse with dogs
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Iyineda(m): 4:17pm On Jun 07, 2011
odiraa:

. . .Whut?
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by kokoye(m): 4:32pm On Jun 07, 2011
buzugee:

has produced a host of world celebs
seal
sade adu
shirley bassey
akkninuoye agbaje
chiewetel ejiofor
philip emeagwali
akeem olajuwon
john fashanu
chinua achebe
fela
dizzie rascal
wale

a bunch of these were not even raised in Nigeria . . why are you now claiming them?
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Roland17(m): 4:33pm On Jun 07, 2011
@odiraa
lipsrsealed grin grin grin
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by chamber2(m): 4:36pm On Jun 07, 2011

Pls explain further grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by bidemi12(m): 5:00pm On Jun 07, 2011
paraphase:

Poster,You and your Nigerian mates are a big disgrace to Nigeria!!! You don't know one good thing about your country and the other ones are talking about the dead bodies!!! when other students are talking the statue of liberty in their country,the the British are boasting of their wembley stadium and other stadia plus the large number of students dieing to  study in their country,the Indians and Pakistani are boasting of their large population in the world,Ghanians are boasting of their new face of development and discovery of oil etc while you as Nigerians are there talking about BOko haram and dead bodies and you sitting like a dead dumb head saying you don't know what to talk about.Don't worry you and your Nigerian mates have already failed the presentation. Nonsense

You still did not mention one good thing about nigeria na. . . . . . grin
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by seedord247(m): 5:24pm On Jun 07, 2011
shey dis man still dey alive ni?
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 5:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
kokoye:

a bunch of these were not even raised in Nigeria . . why are you now claiming them?
WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT! can you provide the link that PHILIP and CHINUA was nt raise in nigeria (atleast the ones i know)
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by daroz(m): 5:30pm On Jun 07, 2011
One good thing?
Suffering angry but smiling smiley
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by kokoye(m): 6:22pm On Jun 07, 2011
Toaskarity:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY THAT! can you provide the link that PHILIP and CHINUA was nt raise in nigeria (atleast the ones i know)

You can google the phrase 'a bunch' to find out what it means.
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by kabukabu50(m): 7:29pm On Jun 07, 2011
odiraa:

That is a blatant lie, I bet you that somewhere in Europe,some naija girls are doing it with animals for euros, you probably haven't been outside of your little hamlet,abi?
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 7:57pm On Jun 07, 2011
Our rich diversity.North,South,East and West,you will find it everywhere.In languages and culture
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by JomoGbomo2(m): 8:05pm On Jun 07, 2011
Thanks guys for the ideas pouring in.
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by buzugee(m): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2011
kokoye:

bros, the question is ambiguous and hence your streamlined answer does not do it justice. the question says good things to come out of nigeria ? well those peoples parents came out of nigeria so therefore they themselves are a product of nigeria. gerrit ? they are things that have come out of nigeria. whether they themselves were born in nigeria is irrelevant to this particular question.
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jun 07, 2011
JomoGbomo2:

Thanks guys for the ideas pouring in.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, eyya! What a sad country, your president gave you "facebook"thats 1, tell the poor poster somethin good and stop insulting grin grin
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by blank(f): 10:48pm On Jun 07, 2011
Football
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by drgica74: 12:46am On Jun 08, 2011
The first Country to democratize corruption.
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by mithel(m): 12:56am On Jun 08, 2011
Before,i would have said peaceful people,but now,with the increasing spate of bombs n uprising in different parts of the country.that has been cut short.

Nigerians are welcomingi think that was in the past,the poverty level coupled with frustration has made us less welcoming even among ourselves nt to talk of the kidnapping of foreigners.

Even sport wise,we are fumbling,Nollywood Dats rubbish too,it has helped in painting nigeria and nigerians in bad light than good.

LETS FACE IT,THERE IS NOT MUCH TO WRITE HOME ABT NIGERIA. crycrycry
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 5:03am On Jun 08, 2011
The only good thing about nigeria is that upon all the suffering we still the happiest ppl on earth. tongue
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 5:06am On Jun 08, 2011
Oh and another positive thing about nigeria is that facebook has been provided for nigerian girls to vent all their love frustrations cheesy cheesy
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 8:16am On Jun 08, 2011
Obasanjo, bankole, igbinedion, cliford orji, ohakim awolowo, babangida, shekerau, gbenga Daniel and mNy moree
wink smiley cheesy grin
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by LagosBoi2(m): 8:45am On Jun 08, 2011
Naturally we are 'strong' people. Omo Naija ni mi, mo le fi eyin shi pepsi
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33am On Jun 08, 2011
agriculture potential
Gas deposits
exotic culture and tourists sites across the nation
fierce sun for tanning Oyinbos
Cheerful people
Cheap liquor
exotic local quisine.
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by osajojo(m): 11:29am On Jun 08, 2011
Tell them only in nigeria wallets disappears from ur pocket when u walk on the road
Tell them in nigeria if a guy offends villagers he dies in an accident when he's returning home
Tell them there is hardly a street in nija that there is no erosion in the centre
I bet u they would pass u 100% for honesty
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by kellybaba(m): 2:01pm On Jun 08, 2011
the only sane country(among your audience's nationalities) where men are not getting wedded/married to fellow men(gay marriages)
Re: Pls Help, Remind Me Of The Good Things About Nigeria by abenipa(f): 2:52pm On Jun 08, 2011
Okay, as much as this our country is crammed up with so filth, irreverent behaviour and especially, our world wide fame for notoriety, there are still some good things that can be said about Nigeria.
My advise to you though is that you go for your presentation partly defensive and partly receptive. This is because an average citizen from anywhere on this planet has some bad ideas about Nigeria more so, your audience is filled with people who have lived in our country. When (cos they will) they start pointing and listing out all our bad traits, you bring out your two sides of reception and defense and counter them, saying that all countries have their ills. You sound like you live outside Niger so highlighting the ills of the country you reside in won't be difficult. That being said, there are positives to Nigeria and I'll list as follows;

- Nigerian people are are very resilient and determined (tell a Niger person he/she cant do something, they will find a way)
- Nigerian people are very hardworking (ask employers of labor if they love their Nigerian employees and they will tell you a big YES)
- Nigeria is a melting pot of different cultures. That is the only country where you have over 365 languages and there is still some level of tolerance.
- Nigeria has the highest twin conception rates (somewhere in Igbo ora, they conceive twins like crazy)
-Nigeria is an economic hub (ask those guys you will be presenting to, why there were in Nigeria. They were either working for a multinational company or scouring the land to see what kind of opportunities exists for their businesses)
- Don't forget Nigerian football and our entertainment, we offer down to earth and no frill entertainment pleasure
- Don't forget to mention that Nigerians are well educated- 1 out of every 4 black foreign student is a Nigerian.
-The last thing I can think of is the fact that Nigerians are just different- I cant pinpoint what it is about us but somehow and many times, when there is a Nigerian somewhere, there is bound to be action.

All the best with your presentation.Hope you do manage to send the message through.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Settlement Of Marine Kingdom / Does Anyone Speak Straight Egba Here? / Eshu.....Esu......Yeshu......Yesu....Jesu...Jesus.......who Is This Person?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.