Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,821 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG (37136 Views)

Emmanuel Okocha: I Cried As Okocha Dribbled Khan, 6 Defenders In Germany / Jay-Jay Okocha Returns To Bolton Wanderers As Coach / Bolton Wanderers Signs Chinedu Obasi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by grandstar(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2021
Christane:
Okocha always speak about his career as a footballer maybe he have regret on wat he shud av don and not do ...becus Okocha av all d skill in the world to become one of the greatest footballer of all time ..bt he achieved so little as a football ...he did not even win best player in Africa ..not a champion league title ...becus he never played for d big clubs ...Okocha is trice better than Kanu as a footballer bt Kanu achieved more .. because he was fortunate enough to play for d big clubs ....maybe luck was against Okocha ...bt talent wise Okocha av no equal ...Neymar remind me of Okocha ....talent wise Okocha is the greatest African player ever. I thank God he his rich atleast than is a consolation for not winning d big trophies during his career ...

I think his prime problem was that he was close to illiterate. He had very poor education.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Silentgroper(m): 7:19am On Nov 13, 2021
okoroemeka:
pay Jay,that's what we call him at national grammar school enugu,he was my senior at school and my best friend in school chukwudi emekpo(ruff coin)was his boy in the hostel,pa Jay started playing football from his mama womb,I can clearly remember in 1989 the school football team(the black rocks) went to Minnesota USA and won the world high school world cup with our principal kHO ofodile and the superimo janganza is their coach,there are many incredible players in that team like sante,odiee,kputu pressure,tijaana,pa Jay was known because he has the opportunity to travel and play in Germany,the others just fizzled out,I cried when I saw tijaana selling tickets at ogbete motor park at old park enugu,the guy was so incredibly gifted a footballer that he is the only junior grade student ever to play for black rocks,what an unbelievablely wasted talent,
Dz sounded made up.

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Elxandre(m): 7:31am On Nov 13, 2021
Impregnable101:
Seriously dude?! Jay Jay never played for money? Someone that snubbed Ferguson & Manchester united for a small club like Bolton because Bolton were offering him 80k pounds while Manchester united wanted to pay 50k pounds? He gave up numerous medals & personal accolades because of 30k pounds difference. He could've won African footballer of the year if he'd joined Manchester united. The dude made the wrong decision.
I don't believe that 80k pounds story.
If i remember correctly, he was on 40k pounds.

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by azpekuliar: 7:40am On Nov 13, 2021
@Naptu2

From this comment, does this appear like a professional football who engaged an agent to represent him throughout out his career like you insisted some months back?
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Tonnierichy(m): 7:42am On Nov 13, 2021
robosky02:

Sense is important

That's why you need a good manager
JAY is obviously a stingy person. He doesn't like paying anybody for anything. His betking ads confirms that too. It's not his job to research anything na cheesy

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by CUMMAN: 7:49am On Nov 13, 2021
F*ck more bitches and get AIDs: https://up-to-down.net/78643/Guide
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Christane: 7:51am On Nov 13, 2021
joshmee4real:

Okocha trice better than KANU how na. Explain
skill wise, faster and stronger than kanu

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by georgeakins: 7:53am On Nov 13, 2021
Christane:
Okocha always speak about his career as a footballer maybe he have regret on wat he shud av don and not do ...becus Okocha av all d skill in the world to become one of the greatest footballer of all time ..bt he achieved so little as a football ...he did not even win best player in Africa ..not a champion league title ...becus he never played for d big clubs ...Okocha is trice better than Kanu as a footballer bt Kanu achieved more .. because he was fortunate enough to play for d big clubs ....maybe luck was against Okocha ...bt talent wise Okocha av no equal ...Neymar remind me of Okocha ....talent wise Okocha is the greatest African player ever. I thank God he his rich atleast than is a consolation for not winning d big trophies during his career ...

How do you rate footballers that you said Okochai is 3 times better than Kanu?

No big clubs were really interested in Okocha because of his style of play.

He was too wasteful and enjoyed playing to the gallery .

He became serious towards the end of his career, but was too late.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Chiboto414: 7:55am On Nov 13, 2021
JJ ONYE- EGWU. NO REGRET BRO, U MADE IT TOO

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by naptu2: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2021
azpekuliar:
@Naptu2

From this comment, does this appear like a professional football who engaged an agent to represent him throughout out his career like you insisted some months back?

Do you remember Robinho's transfer to Manchester City? What did he say about the transfer?
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by SmartPolician: 7:57am On Nov 13, 2021
paulolee:
I think he needed dt exposure dt EPL came with n he earned more in Bolton than wen he was still in paris..
assuming he refused dt bolton deal, so many people won't even know about his club performances bcoz French league then was like swedish league of now.
d okocha i know would still make dt move again if d hands of time were taken back bcoz football is all about d moni for many players..
maybe now, its club like china, Qatar or mls naim him for spend most of his career bcoz of more balary..

What do you people achieve with the extra time you save when you spell that as dt and because as bcoz? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Alraj: 8:04am On Nov 13, 2021
Make i hear
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Alraj: 8:05am On Nov 13, 2021
Hmmm
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by naptu2: 8:06am On Nov 13, 2021
azpekuliar:
@Naptu2

In fact, I'll just help you out. You cannot have a transfer in modern football (since the 1990s) without an agent. Back then, only FIFA licensed agents are allowed to broker international transfers. JayJay Okocha had agents. In fact, this is public knowledge because there was a dispute between his agents over the transfer to Bolton.

Here's why I brought up the Robinho transfer. Football agents typically take care of the business side of things and if a player is not sharp, he might not know much about the club that he is going to because the agent will handle all the negotiations.

That's what happened with Robinho. He assumed that he was moving to Manchester United, but his agent had actually brokered a deal with Manchester City.

In the case of Okocha, his agent was Sports Management Services Ltd (SMS). However, he used another agent for the transfer from Paris to Bolton. That company was Sports Player Management Ltd (SPM). This led to a dispute between SMS and SPM and SPM petitioned FIFA that SMS had hijacked their player.

Just search for the details. I remember it very well.

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by femi4: 8:09am On Nov 13, 2021
malvisguy212:
wrong....
his philosophy was long ball....any side Bolton get free kick in their half, every player go enter the opponents arial . arsen Wenger complain tired. lolz
In local parlance, it's called "Kick and follow"

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Owopariola01: 8:10am On Nov 13, 2021
robosky02:
I didn’t do my research before joining Bolton Wanderers from PSG –

https://dailypost.ng/2021/11/12/i-didnt-do-my-research-before-joining-bolton-wanderers-from-

Blame your representatives. They only thought about money.
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by bencr7: 8:12am On Nov 13, 2021
Okocha d best number 10 and skillful player ever in Nigeria history and since will are still looking for that 10 still now since retirement. But kanu and even Mikel obi was successful than him but d only difference from kanu and mikel. Kanu beat Mikel in winning Africa best player twice while Mikel beat him Winning nation cup for Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Owopariola01: 8:15am On Nov 13, 2021
Impregnable101:
Seriously dude?! Jay Jay never played for money? Someone that snubbed Ferguson & Manchester united for a small club like Bolton because Bolton were offering him 80k pounds while Manchester united wanted to pay 50k pounds? He gave up numerous medals & personal accolades because of 30k pounds difference. He could've won African footballer of the year if he'd joined Manchester united. The dude made the wrong decision.

Perhaps his reps, not him. If they had advised well, he would have chosen Man U.
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by TundeWX: 8:24am On Nov 13, 2021
okoroemeka:
pay Jay,that's what we call him at national grammar school enugu,he was my senior at school and my best friend in school chukwudi emekpo(ruff coin)was his boy in the hostel,pa Jay started playing football from his mama womb,I can clearly remember in 1989 the school football team(the black rocks) went to Minnesota USA and won the world high school world cup with our principal kHO ofodile and the superimo janganza is their coach,there are many incredible players in that team like sante,odiee,kputu pressure,tijaana,pa Jay was known because he has the opportunity to travel and play in Germany,the others just fizzled out,I cried when I saw tijaana selling tickets at ogbete motor park at old park enugu,the guy was so incredibly gifted a footballer that he is the only junior grade student ever to play for black rocks,what an unbelievablely wasted talent,

Wow...deep

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by SMUAG(m): 8:26am On Nov 13, 2021
JesseJo:

I thought I was the only one that saw that. What a miserable record for an attacking midfielder

Actually, that wasn't a miserable record those years, cause then, you hardly expect midfielders (10 and 4 especially) to give you high numbers of goals). Though the assist record looks poor.
But, did you know that Kanu, as a second striker (No 8 ), never had a Nations Cup goal for Super Eagles despite his longevity with the National team, but some of us here are even rating him higher than those that did...... Ironic right?

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by offiahvictor(m): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2021
Let's end this argument. Like for J.J Okocha Share for Papillo Kanu
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by offiahvictor(m): 8:29am On Nov 13, 2021
Let's end this argument.

Like for J.J Okocha Share for Papillo Kanu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Drbarmes(m): 8:36am On Nov 13, 2021
Christane:
Oga calm down first. Okacha was not serious. He b playing with ball when people are looking for goals. FYI KANU was a football genius

2 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Drbarmes(m): 8:42am On Nov 13, 2021
georgeakins:

Finally, someone who watched and understood okocha games. Dude was wasteful. Will pick Diouf ahead of okocha any time

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by mordred44: 8:49am On Nov 13, 2021
How come jay jay didn't win African footballer....... Surprised me
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by cunny88(m): 8:50am On Nov 13, 2021
georgeakins:

u r 100% on point
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Solatium(m): 8:52am On Nov 13, 2021
Samunique:
The man who never played for money but but pleasure.

You obviously don't know history of football.
He was the most expensive African player and 3rd most expensive player when he signed for PSG at $17m or so
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by hardbody: 8:54am On Nov 13, 2021
okoroemeka:
he was called Jay Jay by the coach in grammar school because he dances around like the kids toy called Jay Jay and most times the coach will bench him out of frustration of not passing the ball,you should have seen tijaana play and goosebumps will cover your body,this guy was my classmate in jss3 but he went with ss3 players to Minnesota in 1989,what an incredible player, Nigeria is a definitely a killer of dreams and talents.

I agree with your last submission. I think chance and eventuality befall all of us. The real papillo, Nwankwo Kanu's immediate elder brother was mercurial but luck did not shine on him. We had a guy called O'level back in school then, Nwankwo is a learner when you compare them, that guy is still struggling in owerri. There was a guy, OJ mature and another mid field maestro, Inno white...all these guys were far better than Nwankwo....and all from the same place....

When opportunity strikes, you become the best...

Time and unforseen occurrence befalls all humanity...

3 Likes

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Maobichek: 8:55am On Nov 13, 2021
ekanx27:
Noted but the impact you made at Bolton Wanderers is more than what one of the � has made in the club you left for Bolton. So relax baba, you are still a Crowned Goat in PSG.

Good morning, Okocha did well at PSG but he can't be compared to Brazilian Gininho, Gininho is rated above Okocha at PSG. Okocha did better at Frankfort (Germany) than at PSG (France).

1 Like

Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by Solatium(m): 8:56am On Nov 13, 2021
mordred44:
How come jay jay didn't win African footballer....... Surprised me

So many Good players around during his time,there is no way he could have done it with the likes of Rashidi Yekini,Kalusha Bwaya,Abdullahi Traore,Joules Boucandy and the host of others
Re: Okocha: I Didn’t Do My Research Before Joining Bolton Wanderers From PSG by BabaO2: 8:56am On Nov 13, 2021
Why lying, no doubt u used to be very skillful and good, but there were lots of buts in your playing pattern, probably you were not a good fit to play for the top top clubs, even Bonfere used to bench you for Oruma, atimes angrily removed you and substituted you when not playing to instruction.
You left for Bolton to help your career by featuring at premier-league.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man 'Fights' Chichi Igbo At Abuja Club Over Dance With His Babe / Lionel Messi Solo-Goal Vs Getafe Voted Best Goal In Barcelona History (Photos) / Asisat Oshoala Celebrates 25th Birthday With Epic Throwback Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.