Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,849 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

My Wife And Her Troubles - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife And Her Troubles (3342 Views)

My Wife And I Are Keeping Malice! / What Is It With My Wife And Her Past Boyfriends? / I Want To Expose My Wife And Her Colleague In A Bank, They Are Having Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife And Her Troubles by EHoudini: 11:34am On Nov 14, 2021
Dear Nairalanders share in my pain.

I married my wife in 2008 and have three lovely kind hearted kids.

I was away in Kenya that year. I met my wife one and half years prior. Some preliminary steps were taken toward marriage. In the prelim talk, the mother took charge (red flag), even though the father was right there.

When I was away my brother completed all other rites; up to this moment, I do not know how much money he spent. He always tells me, don't worry as he himself cannot remember. Meanwhile, I told my then girlfriend, now wife, to note down everything. But she didnt (red flag)

Preparatory to the wedding she insisted the cake maker must be her sister-in-law and at a very high cost (red flag)

After the wedding, I saw only part of the cake. When I inquired the mother said she shared it into two. that she took half for her family and remaining is for my family! (red flag). I fumed. But calmed down, after all, its just a cake.
That small part that was given to my family, grew fungi and went rancid in a week! Poorly made!

We left after the wedding to my base in Kenya. After 3years we returned, empty handed. She would pressure me to buy worthless and irrelevant things; which we were forced to leave behind: excess luggage

Fast forward, she accused me of sleeping our maid ( one kind hearted well mannered village girl) when our daughter started school and need for a maid was minimal. She unleashed her mother on me. Like a rabid dog, she attacked me with vengeance. That was nine years ago. Later, she said that's was not what she meant.
We stayed without a maid for a while. Eventually one another girl was procured by her mother and brought to live with us. She was in Jss1 then. She lost a year in school because she had baby seat our daughter while the mother (my wife) went to school.
The maid, who I consider my daughter, completed secondary school, wrote waec 2x, with standard results, wrote jamb 3x without success.
I love her like my blood and there's hardly anything I cannot do for her. She's hardworking and never complained.
But my wife would beat and dehumanize her with uncanny impunity and rained all insults and curse on her in the presence of our kids! I told her to take it easy but it is like I added drum petrol to already raging fire. With time I learnt to control myself by keeping quite. And that is another problem. That I was supporting the maid.

At last, my wife did what she knows best; like the unchangeable leopard spot, she once again, sadly, accused me of sleeping with the maid!. Then sent her away. Just like that.

A second life destroyed!

The human heart is unfathomably wicked; can device many evils.

Can forgiving God forgive these, especially that I never once think of such much less execute this demonic act?

Evil is real. I live with one.

This one na curse, no be marriage

#tearsintheeyes

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by Moferere: 11:39am On Nov 14, 2021
You are 13 years in marriage and you are here complaining

5 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by SmartProf(m): 11:40am On Nov 14, 2021
First and foremost, nobody here will 'share in your pain'..we can only advise you, but if the pain persist, then it means you and that pain of yours will need to sign a memorandum of Understanding.

You seem to be more interested in frivolous 'red flags' than being in charge of your home as a responsible leader who should address real issues with firmness. You married your wife and if things aren't the way it should be, if you can't mend it, then quit it. Your 13 years in marriage seems like you are marking 13 years in jail.

Lastly, I think the minimum qualification for marriage should be revised else we'll keep reading nonesense from people who can't manage teddies talkless of a family.

12 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by LordIsaac(m): 11:44am On Nov 14, 2021
Hmmmmm.... Some things are just cross to carry. Social media will just make it worse.
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by LifeOfTrigga(m): 11:50am On Nov 14, 2021
Deep
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
EHoudini:
Dear Nairalanders share in my pain.

I married my wife in 2008 and have three lovely kind hearted kids.

I was away in Kenya that year. I met my wife one and half years prior. Some preliminary steps were taken toward marriage. In the prelim talk, the mother took charge (red flag), even though the father was right there.

When I was away my brother completed all other rites; up to this moment, I do not know how much money he spent. He always tells me, don't worry as he himself cannot remember. Meanwhile, I told my then girlfriend, now wife, to note down everything. But she didnt (red flag)

Preparatory to the wedding she insisted the cake maker must be her sister-in-law and at a very high cost (red flag)

After the wedding, I saw only part of the cake. When I inquired the mother said she shared it into two. that she took half for her family and remaining is for my family! (red flag). I fumed. But calmed down, after all, its just a cake.
That small part that was given to my family, grew fungi and went rancid in a week! Poorly made!

We left after the wedding to my base in Kenya. After 3years we returned, empty handed. She would pressure me to buy worthless and irrelevant things; which we were forced to leave behind: excess luggage

Fast forward, she accused me of sleeping our maid ( one kind hearted well mannered village girl) when our daughter started school and need for a maid was minimal. She unleashed her mother on me. Like a rabid dog, she attacked me with vengeance. That was nine years ago. Later, she said that's was not what she meant.
We stayed without a maid for a while. Eventually one another girl was procured by her mother and brought to live with us. She was in Jss1 then. She lost a year in school because she had baby seat our daughter while the mother (my wife) went to school.
The maid, who I consider my daughter, completed secondary school, wrote waec 2x, with standard results, wrote jamb 3x without success.
I love her like my blood and there's hardly anything I cannot do for her. She's hardworking and never complained.
But my wife would beat and dehumanize her with uncanny impunity and rained all insults and curse on her in the presence of our kids! I told her to take it easy but it is like I added drum petrol to already raging fire. With time I learnt to control myself by keeping quite. And that is another problem. That I was supporting the maid.

At last, my wife did what she knows best; like the unchangeable leopard spot, she once again, sadly, accused me of sleeping with the maid!. Then sent her away. Just like that.

A second life destroyed!

The human heart is unfathomably wicked; can device many evils.

Can forgiving God forgive these, especially that I never once think of such much less execute this demonic act?

Evil is real. I live with one.

This one na curse, no be marriage

#tearsintheeyes

My brother, I don't know the attempts you must have made to make things better at your home. I honestly would encourage you to try that.

However, your wife doesn't seem like someone that would change. Really. Maid Treatment is the true test for me to know how good or evil someone can be. And as for your wife, Na evil.

Divorce is also an option.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by 360degreess(m): 12:26pm On Nov 14, 2021
Mr SIMPSON you are too weak.. You can't even take charge of the situation in your house.You wife is the one in charge.So I don't have any advice for you.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by ConqueredWest: 12:36pm On Nov 14, 2021
Na wa ooooo

E good make person watch and pray before choosing a spouse.

4 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by dasparrow: 12:39pm On Nov 14, 2021
This is the politics section. Any thread that has nothing to do with politics would be deleted. Relationship related threads should be opened in the FAMILY SECTION of Nairaland. Please do the needful OP.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by Charmingrascal(m): 1:05pm On Nov 14, 2021
While many are complaining about their marriages others are happy and celebrating wedding anniversary.
This life no balance

To all of us who are still singles and hoping to get married soon may God bless us with our better halves.

To those whose marriages are going through challenges and you think it too late to see divorce as an option may God heal your homes

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by sapientia(m): 1:53pm On Nov 14, 2021
Ask your wife what you should do

I think she is in the best position to advise you.

Or you can simply return the cowry she paid on your head and go back to your parents house.

3 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by OssyMalik: 2:14pm On Nov 14, 2021
dasparrow:
This is the politics section. Any thread that has nothing to do with politics would be deleted. Relationship related threads should be opened in the FAMILY SECTION of Nairaland. Please do the needful OP.
See this one forming moderator. You don’t need to do eye service. The mods will do the needful

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 14, 2021
When she was mistreating the maids, what stops you from correcting her?

Aren't you the head of the house?

Maltreatment of househelps is a sign of wickedness.

See, If you can not stand her, seperate from her till she has sense.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by iamDrRhymes(m): 2:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
I feel your pain bruh but do you still love that woman?
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by dasparrow: 2:44pm On Nov 14, 2021
OssyMalik:
See this one forming moderator. You don’t need to do eye service. The mods will do the needful

Don't be an idiot this sunday morning. I don't know why some you act like fish brains and so childishly. How old are you again? I don't exchange words with dumb STD infested Nigerian bitches like you . Do not quote me again.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by OssyMalik: 2:50pm On Nov 14, 2021
dasparrow:

Don't be an idiot this sunday morning. I don't know why some you act like fish brains and so childishly. How old are you again? I don't exchange words with dumb STD infested Nigerian bitches like you . Do not quote me again.

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by Jflex07(m): 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2021
You are too weak a man... Just for peace to reign? Has the peace reigned? Your wife has become the head of the house while you SIMPly watch like a little baby waiting to suckle on the mothers left breast...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by Ulunne777(f): 3:29pm On Nov 14, 2021
I hate weak men .They irritate me a lot.Especially those ones who look away when a help is maltreated.

Both of you should do your housewchorrs/school runs by yourselves and stop using defenceless children as pawns in ur stupid game!

And hello,tell your wife that there's tomorrow.Let her keep on with her stupidity and wickedness.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by Yepiras: 3:35pm On Nov 14, 2021
iamDrRhymes:
I feel your pain bruh but do you still love that woman?
Op, you need to answer this question
Then we can know how to advise you

1 Like

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
shocked
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by Kilohese: 3:38pm On Nov 14, 2021
You shouldn't have ignored the multiple Red Flags

At least you should have sat her down and discuss alot of these issues before commiting

Anyway, let's wait for the elders to put mouth (especially the married ones)
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by TalkTalkTwins(m): 3:42pm On Nov 14, 2021
sad
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by onumadu: 3:48pm On Nov 14, 2021
An Igbo proverb says that if a journey cannot allow forward movement, it must agree to backward movement.
Like someone up there said already, the truest test of whether someone is good is how they treat the weakest members of society.
Dem no dey write evil for face.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by lowkeybahdguy(m): 4:11pm On Nov 14, 2021
Hh
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by AutoChick4U(f): 4:37pm On Nov 14, 2021
When it comes to marriage, a kind and considerate heart is necessary. @Op Pele
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by NarcissistKing(m): 4:40pm On Nov 14, 2021
You married a wolf. grin

I'd just say you're the cause of your problem. She can never change. It's her personality and you've allowed it to grow with the help of her mother who is also a shareholder in your marriage.

There's nothing you can do, order than to live by the vow you took ("for better for worse"), except you wanna divorce her which I doubt you have the courage to do.

Anyways, enjoy your wolf.
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by NarcissistKing(m): 4:43pm On Nov 14, 2021
Kilohese:
You shouldn't have ignored the multiple Red Flags

At least you should have sat her down and discuss alot of these issues before commiting

Anyway, let's wait for the elders to put mouth (especially the married ones)

Most men don't really like to calm down when it comes to this long distance relationship stuff especially when they both are in different countries. I'm sure he really trusted in his brother's instinct because he never complained or notice any red glad then.
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by NarcissistKing(m): 4:45pm On Nov 14, 2021
thebosstrevor1:
When she was mistreating the maids, what stops you from correcting her?

Aren't you the head of the house?

Maltreatment of househelps is a sign of wickedness.

See, If you can not stand her, seperate from her till she has sense.

So from the write-up you didn't see the part he mentioned twice about his opposition to the beating of the maids?

The thing is he should divorce her if he can't cope no more.
Re: My Wife And Her Troubles by ahnie: 5:02pm On Nov 14, 2021
cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please I Need Help Before I Run Mad. My Husband.... / Infidelity{how Come Women Forgive Easily,& Men Hardly Forgive?} / My Marriage Life , (I Feel Cheated)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.