Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,829 members, 7,810,184 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:42 PM

The Apprentice Africa - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / The Apprentice Africa (5692 Views)

The Apprentice 2010 / The Apprentice {UK} Thread! / The Apprentice Africa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Apprentice Africa by Aziza(f): 11:56am On Jul 26, 2007
Bank PHB has recorded yet another milestone as the bank takes on the title sponsorship of The Apprentice Africa in conjunction with The Executive Group (TEG) and Storm Vision. The Bank’s vision remains an unflinching aspiration to leadership and the title sponsorship of The Apprentice proves once again the bank's commitment to leadership, innovation and capacity building.

The Apprentice is one of the most globally recognized reality television franchises and the programme has, since it was launched in the US in 2004 by Donald Trump has been replicated in 23 countries of the world.

The Apprentice is described as the ultimate, sixteen-week job interview, where contestants will compete in a series of rigorous business tasks, many of which include major companies and require street smarts and intelligence, in order to show the CEO, that they are the best candidate for the job. In each episode, the losing team is sent to the boardroom, where the CEO and his associates judge the job applicants on their performance in the task. One person is fired and sent home. Who will succeed? Who will fail? And who will be The Apprentice? As the most populous nation and arguably the most dynamic economy on the continent, Nigeria will be the host nation for The Apprentice Africa.
The Apprentice Africa will attract educated, intelligent and highly talented young Africans from within Africa as well as amongst those in the Diaspora. The casting call will take place in five locations; Nigeria, Ghana, South Africa, The UK and the US.

Having done The Intern, which was a hit TV show, with The Apprentice, Bank PHB is upping the ante by identifying with a global brand and aligning with global best practices. With The Apprentice Africa, Bank PHB is telling the continuing story of the resilience and ingenuity of the African youth with Nigeria as the focal point. The bank is also playing a role in recreating Nigeria’s image by showing the quality of young leaders that Nigeria has.

Bank PHB’s alliance with TEG and Storm Vision aims to broaden the bank’s continuing engagement with programmes and initiatives that aim to extend the frontiers of education, innovation and leadership. After the phenomenal success of The Intern which continues to receive plaudits months after it ended, Bank PHB has decided to expand the scope of its “Inspired Brilliance” outlook to encompass the African continent because of the bank’s new status as a global player and icon of banking excellence.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by iice(f): 3:05pm On Jul 26, 2007
Hmmm
Re: The Apprentice Africa by ThoniaSlim(f): 3:36pm On Jul 30, 2007
looks like is going to be fun.
do you have any info where i could watch it online?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Aziza(f): 4:32pm On Jul 30, 2007
@Thoniaslim. You can bet that when it comes to the screen it will be online and you will know where to watch it. Please stay tuned.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otuwe(f): 8:48am On Jul 31, 2007
@ aziza

are u the corporate communications manager of bank Phb or wat undecided undecided

anyway im feeling u. i think bank phb deserves such applauds wink wink
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Aziza(f): 9:00am On Jul 31, 2007
@Otuwe: I wish I were. wink I heard that Bank PHB pays big bucks. grin

Truth is Bank PHB ought to be applauded for these initiatives.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Seun(m): 9:13am On Jul 31, 2007
Can you post a link to the web page you copied this from? Thanks.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otuwe(f): 9:16am On Jul 31, 2007
Seun:

Can you post a link to the web page you copied this from? Thanks.

wat if he didnt copy from a web page.

or dont u believe him.

anyway i read it in the papers
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Seun(m): 9:18am On Jul 31, 2007
If the OP had read it in the papers, she wouldn't have typed that much. Please post the source. Thanks.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otuwe(f): 9:34am On Jul 31, 2007
Aziza:

@Otuwe: I wish I were. wink I heard that Bank PHB pays big bucks. grin

Truth is Bank PHB ought to be applauded for these initiatives.

i feel u jare.
im with bank phb.
so i guess am collecting the big bucks i think undecided

but pls obey seun and do as he says before he wud ban u oh wink
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Aziza(f): 9:44am On Jul 31, 2007
@Seun: It's actually an abridged version of a joint press release from Bank PHB, Storm Vision, and the Executive Group presented at a press conference on Wednesday, July 25, 2007 at Bungalows in Victoria Island, Lagos. It's been all over the papers since last week.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Seun(m): 9:55am On Jul 31, 2007
Yes, but from which page on which newspaper website did you copy it from? Please tell us now.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otuwe(f): 10:19am On Jul 31, 2007
*na wa oh. somebody is in trouble*
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Aziza(f): 10:25am On Jul 31, 2007
Check out these links ,

http://www.bizcommunity.com/Article/157/66/16650.html

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2007072722384548

http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=80311&printer_friendly=1

The full text of the press release was forwarded to me by email. It originated from Bank PHB. How do we forward emails to the forum?
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Aziza(f): 12:44pm On Jul 31, 2007
You can get the full text of the press release from Bank PHB's website. Check out this link:

http://www.bankphb.com/live/press_article.asp?action=article&id=90
Re: The Apprentice Africa by Seun(m): 2:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
Thanks a million, Aziza, for sharing this information with us. kiss
Re: The Apprentice Africa by anando(m): 2:25pm On Jul 31, 2007
is it as exciting as d yankee version
Re: The Apprentice Africa by sprezatura(m): 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2007
Whoever needs more info should get it from mediareach OMD, I THINK! sad
Re: The Apprentice Africa by fesse(f): 3:27pm On Jul 31, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmmm lets be watching.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by bimbliss(f): 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2007
another time to compete with the television again
Re: The Apprentice Africa by zenom: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2007
The intern was one of the most informative programs betta than having to watch a bunch people laze about for months and one person emerges winner of millions.

I am so proud of Bank PHB, more grease to their elbow, eagerly waiting for the apprentice grin
Re: The Apprentice Africa by otuwe(f): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2007
[size=18pt]* thank you thank you thank you*[/size]
Re: The Apprentice Africa by cream2(m): 5:04pm On Jul 31, 2007
why on earth should Bank PHB be friggin applauded
Re: The Apprentice Africa by ebos(m): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2007
Will there be any much difference b/w Inten and the African Apprentice? I believe is still going to be the same thing but with little changes, going from your story.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by VULCAN(m): 7:56pm On Jul 31, 2007
Whether or not the Apprentice Africa turns out well is determined by 1. The Moderator 2.
The Tasks 3. The Rewards and 4. The quality of Apprentices . I have followed both the American and the British versions and I will tell you that the difference is beyond belief. The British version is a write-off
Re: The Apprentice Africa by omoge(f): 8:33pm On Jul 31, 2007
Is Mr. Trump participating? Just curious.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by DisGuy: 9:16pm On Jul 31, 2007
@Thoniaslim. You can bet that when it comes to the screen it will be online and you will know where to watch it. Please stay tuned.

like it was the last time? tongue
Re: The Apprentice Africa by zigbo(f): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2007
nigerians are freaking copycats

i hope its goin to be  as classy as the original,it is not by copying
Re: The Apprentice Africa by richylaw(m): 10:42pm On Jul 31, 2007
Copycats or not, at least we are copying good ones and by the way from the posters excerpts we have this:

The Apprentice is one of the most globally recognized reality television franchises and the programme has, since it was launched in the US in 2004 by Donald Trump has been replicated in 23 countries of the world.

so we are not the first to cling to it.
Pray we have more good things to copy and utilise productively from the western world.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by zigbo(f): 11:03pm On Jul 31, 2007
yo wo'eva man,it had better be some classy $hit , ope their crib is sumthin,i ope they provide mics too,cos the intern kinda left me with more to be desired, sometimes you wont even hear wat they were sayin. They had better not embarass naija.

is there nything that has been done abroad that has nt been duplicated wrongly in naija.i think they shud be more creative nd think of better things that fit them.
Re: The Apprentice Africa by DisGuy: 11:56pm On Jul 31, 2007
Bank PHB has decided to expand the scope of its “Inspired Brilliance” outlook to encompass the African continent because of the bank’s new status as a global player and icon of banking excellence.

status? global wetin? do they have any branch outside of lagos?nigeria? undecided

How exactly are they going to get the candidates from the rest of Africa or is it sub Saharan Africa French and arabic translators will be needed wink
Re: The Apprentice Africa by zigbo(f): 1:13am On Aug 01, 2007
dnt mind them they are jonsing or it shud ve jst been apprentice nigeria or another name must it be "apprentice" sef

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Which Is Your Favourite Walt Disney Cartoon? / Link To Download These Movies / Download - Asake Oni Bread [part 1 & 2] | Released 21st March, 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.