Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,487 members, 7,850,684 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 07:14 AM

Why Are People So Tribalistic? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are People So Tribalistic? (1010 Views)

Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? / There Are People In Anambra Richer Than Dangote: Is This True? / Why Are People With Good Hearts Always Unlucky In A Relationship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Tbvxl: 6:56pm On Nov 18, 2021
So this evening I was having a chat with my girlfriend and we literally talked about marriage.... She said she can't marry a guy from Ibadan because she feels Ibadan guys are bad, she fears that during marriage the guy might go violent on her and leave her and the children to suffer. I tried letting her know that not all Ibadan guys are bad tho,even asked her if she feels I could turn out to be that kinda guy and she said she doesn't think so maybe because I am educated....
Stylishly I am heartbroken though but I have got to call off the relationship....
But why can't tribalism stop in our country?

Moreover she is from Kogi state sad
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:03pm On Nov 18, 2021
Because someone somewhere sometime ago said so as a result of their experience with the tribe and unfortunately, the beliefs have been held on to. Most of these behaviors or assumptions are founded in some bad experiences.

It's rare for Ondo and Ekiti people to marry Ẹ̀gbá and Ìjẹ̀bú.

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Lee99: 7:08pm On Nov 18, 2021
Kogi girls are sweet, I have a Kogi girl I'm bleeping and she's the sweetest so far, can't get her off my mind (Not Simping).
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Nkem96: 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2021
Then, you have to prove her wrong.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Cerebellum: 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Lee99:
Kogi girls are sweet, I have a Kogi girl I'm bleeping and she's the sweetest so far, can't get her off my mind (Not Simping).

You're a nincompoop!grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Femi8586(m): 7:37pm On Nov 18, 2021
Every tribe has its flaws. Just pray you find the right partner that gives you peace, love and support.

No minimum or maximum withdraw.
Get shiba inu tokens in minutes through the link and withdraw to your preferred wallet.
https:///Shiba_Inu_Airdrop_bot?start=r05606653321

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by donbachi(m): 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
E no go reach ur hand,e spoil.
Cos every nigerian suck am from mama breastmilk.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Boogyman557: 7:44pm On Nov 18, 2021
Holly Gram cool real matters. WTF MAN

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by KingDash: 9:46pm On Nov 18, 2021
Lee99:
kogi girl kee you there.. you no lie sha dey toto tyt.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Divoc19(f): 11:41pm On Nov 18, 2021
We were all taught to be tribalistic from our childhood and neighborhood.
The only way out is to individually unlearn. But that won't save you from being a victim of a tribalistic person. It's just our system, get used to it.
Other systems have racism it is huge.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by LILTJAY: 12:58am On Nov 19, 2021
Tribalism is good wink smiley
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Southernigbo: 1:16am On Nov 19, 2021
Lee99:
u have been enchanted by one igala beauty damsel

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Lilsameey: 4:43am On Nov 19, 2021
Divoc19:
The only way out is to individually unlearn. But that won't save you from being a victim of a tribalistic person. It's just our system, get used to it.
I was taught to love everyone regardless of where you come out from as long as you breathe and you are nice too.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Divoc19(f): 6:07am On Nov 19, 2021
Be sincere.
Lilsameey:
I was taught to love everyone regardless of where you come out from as long as you breathe and you are nice too.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Lilsameey: 6:19am On Nov 19, 2021
Divoc19:
Be sincere.
Am serious.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by flokii: 6:33am On Nov 19, 2021
@OP Which part of Kogi is the girl from?.. if na ebira, you better run.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by SteveWonder02: 7:16am On Nov 19, 2021
Lee99:

My gf is from that state...but I have been calling her since on Sunday, she is not picking up...hope it's not my gf that is a copper in Enugu state
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Divoc19(f): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2021
Tell me you don't know anything about Nigerian tribes and their traits. Unless you are an imported fellow grin Even at that, Nigerians derive pleasure from educating foreigners about our tribes
Lilsameey:
Am serious.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Btaipei(m): 9:10am On Nov 19, 2021
Most Tribalistic people on Nairaland and in Nigeria are "Home base" that is the have not go ouside of their locality.judge people by hear say or what the read.i have been in different states in Nigeria and different countries of the world.same thing all over
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by marsman: 9:19am On Nov 19, 2021
Nairaland Igbo's taught me tribalism.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Tbvxl: 10:57am On Nov 19, 2021
flokii:
@OP Which part of Kogi is the girl from?.. if na ebira, you better run.

Kabba actually
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Pumpumking: 10:58am On Nov 19, 2021
Tbvxl:
So this evening I was having a chat with my girlfriend and we literally talked about marriage.... She said she can't marry a guy from Ibadan because she feels Ibadan guys are bad, she fears that during marriage the guy might go violent on her and leave her and the children to suffer. I tried letting her know that not all Ibadan guys are bad tho,even asked her if she feels I could turn out to be that kinda guy and she said she doesn't think so maybe because I am educated....
Stylishly I am heartbroken though but I have got to call off the relationship....

angry
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Pumpumking: 11:01am On Nov 19, 2021
Tbvxl:

brother the good knews is we ready to giv Divoc19 away for free. she from Nairaland, i dont want her, we dont want am no body want am & she been lonely for only 8 years.. but she obeys well & she can coook n clean better than house girl sir..U WANT?? cheesy
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Pumpumking: 11:03am On Nov 19, 2021
Divoc19:
Tell me you don't know anything about Nigerian tribes and their traits. Unless you are an imported fellow grin Even at that, Nigerians derive pleasure from educating foreigners about our tribes

babes to day is yor locky day....am gonna hook u with Tbvxl....he a gentleman like me & he loves women & he looook afta u!!(((THANK ME LATER)) smiley
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Divoc19(f): 11:17am On Nov 19, 2021
I don't like coooking abeg don't come and spoil my profile grin
Pumpumking:

brother the good knews is we ready to giv Divoc19 away for free. she from Nairaland, i dont want her, we dont want am no body want am & she been lonely for only 8 years.. but she obeys well & she can coook n clean better than house girl sir..U WANT?? cheesy
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Pumpumking: 11:22am On Nov 19, 2021
Divoc19:
I don't like coooking abeg don't come and spoil my profile grin

dont wooory, i will marry u first!!(THABNK ME LATER) wink
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Lilsameey: 12:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
Divoc19:
I know about this tribalistic stuff, experienced stuffs couple of times but it does not prompt me to do the same, Have had different tribes as friend and I don't segregate as long as you don't act stupid.
Re: Why Are People So Tribalistic? by Divoc19(f): 1:52pm On Nov 19, 2021
That is why I said at the bolded.

Divoc19:

Tribalism in Africa is mostly used in a negative way that may later hurt us. Aside that, tribalism is a beautiful thing. My personal opinion though. I like to know about different tribes and their way of life to help me understand them better.

Lilsameey:
I know about this tribalistic stuff, experienced stuffs couple of times but it does not prompt me to do the same, Have had different tribes as friend and I don't segregate as long as you don't act stupid.

(1) (Reply)

Only A Foolish Man Would Knee Down For A Woman / Third World War (WW3) / Guys Do You Enjoy Female Attention? Best Answer Wins 10k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.