Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,489 members, 7,812,520 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? (5047 Views)

Should I Be Bothered About This Statement By my Girlfriend / Should A Woman Be Bothered About Not Being Good In Bed? / Ladies, Will You Turn Down A Guy Because He Is Too Handsome? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 24, 2022
Why do a lot of people have a problem with this and why does it pain them so much?its a very childish act to feel upset about things like that

Seun
Lalasticlala

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by meobizy(f): 12:13am On Jul 24, 2022
Why do people hate politicians, robbers and the upper class? Your answer lies there.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 12:14am On Jul 24, 2022
meobizy:
Why do people hate politicians, robbers and the upper class? Your answer lies there.

Speak English

10 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by meobizy(f): 12:14am On Jul 24, 2022
Rayban25:

Speak English
Bye.

11 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 24, 2022
meobizy:
Bye.
bye dear. You've not said anything

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by meobizy(f): 12:17am On Jul 24, 2022
Rayban25:
bye dear. You've not said anything
Exactly.

15 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by CILAX: 12:21am On Jul 24, 2022
Both of you are funny

10 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by slimjohn2k5: 12:23am On Jul 24, 2022
To me it is privacy infringement to keep it on because it creates unnecessary enemies

13 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 12:26am On Jul 24, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
To me it is privacy infringement to kept it on because it creates unnecessary enemies

Exactly..but some of them wont just get it

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 24, 2022
CILAX:
Both of you are funny

She dey vex because shes one of those monitoring spirits on WhatsApp who will get angry for not replying the very second they message you

5 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by chatinent: 1:25am On Jul 24, 2022
I give no fck what they care about. I am more concerned with what I want.

10 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by marlow1962(m): 5:23am On Jul 24, 2022
Hey, I value my privacy, don’t want no hatred. So many enemies online.

8 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by immortalmortal: 5:45am On Jul 24, 2022
I wonder
Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by ify01: 6:02am On Jul 24, 2022
I consider it an infringement of my privacy to keep it on. Just one way of avoiding monitoring spirits

6 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by KingLarry04: 8:28am On Jul 24, 2022
Set awon monitoring spirit

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by 9japride(m): 9:20am On Jul 24, 2022
From my observation, majority of people who does that are not really good people. It's just few of them that have genuine reasons, the rest are wayo people.

18 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 24, 2022
9japride:
From my observation, majority of people who does that are not really good people. It's just few of them that have genuine reasons, the rest are wayo people.

When you say wayo what do you mean?..because the last time I checked it's not wrong for someone to value their privacy...but the problem with human beings is that they think everything is about them

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by 9japride(m): 9:34am On Jul 24, 2022
Rayban25:

When you say wayo what do you mean?..because the last time I checked it's not wrong for someone to value their privacy...but the problem with human beings is that they think everything is about them
[color=#006600][/color]

I get your point. But from my observation about the people that do it, they are kind of shaddy. Just do your own research too, except you are one of those and definitely you will always defend yourself. If one ways are ok, what concerns him/her on what people think about their WhatsApp status or online presence.

9 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jul 24, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

I get your point. But from my observation about the people that do it, they are kind of shaddy. Just do your own research too, except you are one of those and definitely you will always defend yourself. If one ways are ok, what concerns him/her on what people think about their WhatsApp status or online presence.

Alright I see...thanks for sharing your thoughts

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by 9japride(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2022
Rayban25:

Alright I see...thanks for sharing your thoughts
[color=#006600][/color]

You're welcome. Do have a good deliberation on your thread.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 24, 2022
9japride:
[color=#006600][/color]

You're welcome. Do have a good deliberation on your thread.

Bless

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 10:00am On Jul 24, 2022
Because they know they won't be able to disturb you easily and waste your precious time.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 10:06am On Jul 24, 2022
safesurfer:
Because they know they won't be able to disturb you easily and waste your precious time.
your head dey there cool

2 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 10:15am On Jul 24, 2022
Some people do it because they're either avoiding someone or some group of friends or they're outright shady. I owe no one nothing so whether u see me online if i no want answer u I will still ignore u.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by fashionale(m): 11:09am On Jul 24, 2022
I know a friend who's quite rich and calm... So people often disturb him online for one favour or the other, so he disables the read receipt. I did mine because of my ex, once she texted you and knowing my data is always on, she expected me to reply instantly, even when I'm not disposed or feel like chatting with her. And sometimes she complained I would enter online without chatting her up. Menh I'm the kind of man that believes in privacy and that we are dating or married doesn't mean we should be chatting every now or then online.
So these I believe made people to privatise their online view from others... If it gives you sanity doing it, do it and don't give a "F" about what people say.

It will make sense to a phlegmatic or melancholy person but not to a sanguine or choleric person.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Nobody: 11:19am On Jul 24, 2022
fashionale:
I know a friend who's quite rich and calm... So people often disturb him online for one favour or the other, so he disables the read receipt. I did mine because of my ex, once she texted you and knowing my data is always on, she expected me to reply instantly, even when I'm not disposed or feel like chatting with her. And sometimes she complained I would enter online without chatting her up. Menh I'm the kind of man that believes in privacy and that we are dating or married doesn't mean we should be chatting every now or then online.
So these I believe made people to privatise their online view from others... If it gives you sanity doing it, do it and don't give a "F" about what people say.

It will make sense to a phlegmatic or melancholy person but not to a sanguine or choleric person.

Baba even all the four temperaments dey off read reciepts grin...its only the entitled ones that want to know if you've seen they're status or read their messages

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by siofra(f): 11:42am On Jul 24, 2022
I don't care.
I don't even keep messages. I'm constantly deleting.

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by SavageResponse(m): 12:15pm On Jul 24, 2022
slimjohn2k5:
To me it is privacy infringement to kept it on because it creates unnecessary enemies

How does having your read receipt switched on infringe on your privacy?

1 Like

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Kobicove(m): 12:19pm On Jul 24, 2022
I have noticed that a significant proportion of those who turn off read receipt on WhatsApp are chronic debtors! angry

10 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Rosaline5000: 12:27pm On Jul 24, 2022
fashionale:

I find it fascinating as you use phlegmatic, Sanguine people instead of using the basic introvert or extrovert people smiley

3 Likes

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Rosaline5000: 12:28pm On Jul 24, 2022
Kobicove:
I have noticed 5hat a significant proportion of those who turn off read receipt on WhatsApp are chronic debtors! angry
This is funny cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are People So Bothered When You Turn Off Whatsapp Read Reciepts? by Tjesctacy(m): 12:29pm On Jul 24, 2022
Most people who do it are troubled. Not everyone, please note that. Why hide ur read settings if you are not up to something sinister. Why do you want to view my status in secret? What's ur motive, what do you plan to achieve? Why are you hiding, when i am opened to you?

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Excessive Love For Vagina Is Killing Me / My Man Won't Commit / Lol,,funny Chat Btwn Bae And Boo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.