Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,776 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please (34635 Views)

I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by PROPEACE: 1:56pm On Nov 19, 2021
Born2Breed:
You have done your best. Retreat before it's too late.

The stupid woman opened her leg for a drunkard to impregnate her 6x. Just watch as the 7th child comes in next year.
Na your Toto? Mind your business! After all, she was probably Born2Breed, just like you.

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Valuc: 1:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
Born2Breed:
You have done your best. Retreat before it's too late.

The stupid woman opened her leg for a drunkard to impregnate her 6x. Just watch as the 7th child comes in next year.
why u cnt talk without insult.. wots stupid there now..
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by joedave(m): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
I will be as brief as possible.
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

On many occasions, he carries huge sticks to kill the woman like a snake.
People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.
What can I do to help the situation guys. I'm really disturbed.

You actually didn't tell where exactly the area is or most importantly the state. If it's Lagos, it's easy to handle his matter even without involving the wife's consent at the first instance by just videoing the whole disturbing scenes and reporting to DSRVT being Domestic and Sexual Violence Team at Ministry of Justice in Alausa Secretariat. They will wade in. Or even WRAHP being Women's Right And Health Project, Ikotun and help her report the despicable abuse.

If it where to be in other states, then things had to be dealt with according to the pattern of operations in the states or around some of the communities.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Advise the lady to contact the nearest police station and make official report ... It's very necessary should there be eventualities ...

The police doesn't interfere in "family matters" except if driven by an NGO in charge of women welfare. That is the gospel truth!
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Seriously. I was just imagining how the woman could be so stupid. I'm just worried for her life

She is so stupid because she is driven by emotions of great sex and stupid love, that is why. Remember women are wired different from men, it is how they feel that matters not whether it makes sense or not.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Valuc: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:
Baba leave the woman jare, she dey enjoy the panel beating, if not tell me why a woman would be enduring the beating up till this stage, also for people to be passing without saying anything shows that the woman is really enjoying it
really ... Truth is .. the whole people passing without helping are same people like u who thinks the helpless woman is enjoying the abuse..

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Curious345: 2:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

I know her very well in one of events I coordinated sometime ago
wawuuuu
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Curious345: 2:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kholiwe:

You mother and sisters lead and we follow cheesy cheesy
get a life.. Olosho dey expire oooo
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
ogbiwa:
In as much as I'm seeing comments here asking you to mind your business, I will ask you OP to ask yourself, if that woman was your sister and those kids were your nephews, would you turn a blind eye? Now the fact she's not your family doesn't mean there isn't someone out there who is her family. Since you have the woman's phone, see if you can make contact with anyone who she calls family, and warn them to come and carry their sister. I tell you OP I lie not, that woman remaining in that house and under that situation is a timebomb waiting to tick off, and when it happens, I'm sure your conscience will tell you that this could've been prevented if you had done more. Do More! The woman has been abused so much that she has lost all self worth and respect, that's why she's still with that man. So basically she can't help herself

If I have a stupid sister that is driven by emotions despite threat to her life, there is nothing I can do about it sorry. Just saying it the way it is. Sorry if I am being blunt because we all know the woman will return back to her vomit - the efulefu she is stupidly in love with if she is rescued. My 2 cents.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Valuc: 2:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
yemi1504:

She is so stupid because she is driven by emotions of great sex and stupid love, that is why. Remember women are wired different from men, it is how they feel that matters not whether it makes sense or not.
can u explain why she is stupid.. cus of love and sex? I pray u don't become enslaved by what others just think you are enjoying
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Jman06(m): 2:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
Op, mind your business!

All the time here we read stories of how ladies take their loving husbands for granted and met out all manner of ill treatment against them. No one raises an eyebrow.

And just in this single case of a man trying to reset his wife, you're there forming hero and hoe saver! I just wish that man could do you some strong thing so you can learn how not to poke nose. If you were protecting the little child involved, I would have supported you, but I'm suspecting you have an eye on that man's wife. grin cool

Meanwhile, did the woman complain to you If she doesn't want the marriage anymore, I'm sure she knows the way to her father's house. I'm almost certain that that man's iron hand is what is sustaining that marriage, so face your front op.

PS: make una no mind this my post above, I dey vex with women because they're all confused creatures and I'm officially tired of trying to figure out what vagina people want. In short, my head don dey pain me sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Doubleoh7:
In my opinion, the best way you can help that woman and her kids is to report the case to an NGO or Lagos state's agency in charge of domestic violence. Do not be confrontational with the man otherwise he will turn you to a threat and you'll be shocked to realise he may have lots of allies who might align with him to deal with you or even go after your business. Good thing you helped curb his violent outburst,now let the system deservingly deal with him

Good advice here but the woman had better willing to leave this pathetic situation that is oju e ti da wai pelu gbogbo wahala to n koju. If not, it is like pouring water into a basket. She must be ready to make the change herself not you! If not, you know how it all ends! If she is willing to make the change, report the case to a Social Services NGO and the Lagos Ministry of Women and Children Affairs especially the latter. If she is not willing to make the change, mind your business! as e get why.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
Valuc:
can u explain why she is stupid.. cus of love and sex? I pray u don't become enslaved by what others just think you are enjoying

I can't be enslaved when my thinking faculty is not driven by emotions unlike the woman in the story here. Sorry, just saying it the way it is. #Blunt
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by massinola(m): 2:13pm On Nov 19, 2021
Jman06:
Op, mind your business!

All the time here we read stories of how ladies take their loving husbands for granted and met out all manner of ill treatment against them. No one raises an eyebrow.

And just in this single case of a man trying to reset his wife, you're there forming hero and hoe saver! I just wish that man could do you some strong thing so you can learn how not to poke nose. If you were protecting the little child involved, I would have supported you, but I'm suspecting you have an eye on that man's wife. grin cool

Meanwhile, did the woman complain to you If she doesn't want the marriage anymore, I'm sure she knows the way to her father's house. I'm almost certain that that man's iron hand is what is sustaining that marriage, so face your front op.

PS: make una no mind this my post above, I dey vex with women because they're all confused creatures and I'm officially tired of trying to figure out what vagina people want. In short, my head don dey pain me sef.

And in a bid to register your dissatisfaction and frustration, you had to accuse me of having an eye for a married woman because I was helping humanity? You are so pathetic and should always weigh your words before using them. Good day

3 Likes

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
Realdeals:

Why worry? It's a Nigeria thing. Same manner Nigerians are being abused and trampled on by political elites. Yet, they will still rout and clamour for them next election, it is called Stockholm syndrome.

You can say that again! and an indisputable amnesia of bad experiences and our religions are the fault here as they tell you to forgive your enemies and then forget, I have an issue with the second one of forget, it is why people get away with blue murder and we have created a society where there are no consequences for actions taken, that is why it is a shithole!
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
awa:
@OP,

You have tried by posting this here as a starting point. I know sometimes doing good in 9ja often leads to danger but God will protect you.

Having said that, you can inform any good and responsible NGO around there to take it up. If all your effort do not yield desired result, please leave them next time they are fighting.

I wonder the future of this country. Neighbors will see evil and pretend as if it doesn't concern them. Ohhhhh.... Where is the humanity in us?

The humanity in us is trampled when the person who is the victim is driven by stupid emotions as we all know how it ends anyways.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by KosiGee(m): 2:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Seriously. I was just imagining how the woman could be so stupid. I'm just worried for her life

Welldone sir….I think you have done very well. This is one of the best news I’ve read on this platform. I applaud your concerns, feelings and intervention in that case. You have conscience and a good heart.

That man is a threat to his family and this is an emergency. He would inflict gbh on one or some of them soon. He might even commit murder.
I think you should organise like minded adults in that neighbourhood….invite or call that man and talk to him in a very strict and assertive manner. He needs to understand the implications of his foolishness and violence. If he continues, bad things will happen and he’d blame the devil.

I think you guys should invite the police as well…let it be a peace talk but let the implications of his stupidity and wickedness be made known to him, you’ll be protected as well should he start planning evil against you which I don’t think he would. He is a coward and might have been terrified by what you did.

You have done well. Keeping quiet or ‘minding your business’ isn’t an option. I understand your mindset and you’ll never forgive yourself if something bad ever happened to the woman or her unfortunate kids.
I have been in your position. You are a hero.

Organise men/adults in the hood and meet the man. He is the problem. It’s not likely he’d stop drinking but let him be aware that all eyes will be on him and it wouldn’t be business as usual.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Curious345: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kholiwe:

Go and advice your mother and sisters cheesy cheesy cheesy
from 30yrs, your olosho clients go dey flash you oo, na you go dey call them...

I can see you're like 33 yrs already..

More life baby, more life.. You fine small shaa
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Valuc: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
yemi1504:

I can't be enslaved when my thinking faculty is not driven by emotions unlike the woman in the story here. Sorry, just saying it the way it is. #Blunt
u wudnt know this... But u are already enslaved by that act of being blunt because u are not seeing the diff between blunt and respect

1 Like

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:20pm On Nov 19, 2021
Candidlady:

thank you i know.. My dad says that all the time

this iknow too and op can also be killed

since you are here formin online activist why nat ask for ops location make you go rescue the woman uncle "christ the savior"

grin
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Jman06(m): 2:21pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

And in a bid to register your dissatisfaction and frustration, you had to accuse me of having an eye for a married woman because I was helping humanity? You are so pathetic and should always weigh your words before using them. Good day
You are not helping any humanity. If you wanted to help humanity, you should have just taken away the small child, called the man and speak to him man to man. Perhaps, you need a crash course on how to help humanity!
But what you did is "operation save the hoe" and that attitude is that of pathetically beta SIMPle guys! Real guys don't do that!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:23pm On Nov 19, 2021
InTheCloudySky:
Na wa. The man sounds like a beast, beating his wife and little kids. Gosh

But your ilk seems to like such kind of men as they are the "African man" and can protect you lol. Protector turned wife beater and body panel beater lol, yeye dey smell.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by massinola(m): 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Jman06:
You are not helping any humanity. If you wanted to help humanity, you should have just taken away the small child, called the man and speak to him man to man. Perhaps, you need a crash course on how to help humanity!
But what you did is "operation save the hoe" and that attitude is that of pathetically beta SIMPle guys! Real guys don't do that!

Suit yourself bro. Don't have time for this. It's not worth it

2 Likes

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by BluntCrazeMan: 2:26pm On Nov 19, 2021
Maxymilliano:
Advise the lady to contact the nearest police station and make official report ... It's very necessary should there be eventualities ...
Does she have the money to waste on police??
Or you think police cases are free-of-charge??
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:27pm On Nov 19, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

First of all, Nigeria is not a country where you are encouraged to dabble into such a matter.

If the drunk calls the police, and somehow gets the wife to support him by corroborating whatever statement against you, you will just go to prison for nothing.

One thing I have noticed since I have been linking victims of abuse with human rights lawyers is that the women don't always help you to help them. I have since stopped wasting my time.

You will rescue a woman from an abusive husband, and then mobilize police to arrest the man. Then after everyone has written statements, the wife will suddenly say she is not interested in dragging case with her husband. If you insist, even the police will turn against you and wonder why you are getting too much involved in a family matter that shouldn't concern you.

My brother, next time, don't seize someone's property, not in Nigeria. Return the phone and mind your business. Don't ever take the law into your hands, no matter how little of the law you took.

If you feel seriously about the matter, report at the police station. Let the police do their job. You will be surprised that the police may even tell you that it is not their job to dabble into such a matter.

And really, can you blame the police? So many times, they are disturbed with cases that have a history of never going anywhere. Many domestic violence cases are reported at the police station. I have done my own fair share of reporting. But when it is time to walk the talk, the woman will back down and make you look like you are poking your noses in a business that does not concern you. This is usually after the IPO has listened to arguments and counter arguments for hours, and taken bashings left and right from the DCP who usually wants a case to be resolved quickly. If you already know that a case is likely never to go far, where would you find the motivation to put heart and soul into it?

Now, can one also blame the wife? No. Due to our collectivist African culture, it is usually considered demeaning for a woman to take her husband (family) to court, and vice versa. It is considered the same as dragging the name of the family in the mud.

What I just wanted to say as Booda yii soju abe ni ko. Two bottles of mortuary standard Trophy beers for you my man!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:31pm On Nov 19, 2021
Valuc:
u wudnt know this... But u are already enslaved by that act of being blunt because u are not seeing the diff between blunt and respect

I am not. Being blunt is more key than useless respect bro! Respect is earned no matter what age you are, it is the reason Africa is backwards, the respect for elders and politicians who are complete disasters. I rest my case. Done lecturing you. Future replies and mentions will get no reply. Good day!
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Testimony1988(m): 2:36pm On Nov 19, 2021
Go and report him in the police station before he eventually kills her.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kelvinhunta: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2021
Not madder than u
Kholiwe:

You are mad!!!
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kelvinhunta: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
At least made sense more than u just did
massinola:

We have toxic people here on nairaland. Just saw one of them. Gush!! How do some humans reason? For your mind, you have made sense. Very pathetic
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by yemi1504: 2:41pm On Nov 19, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

Is that what is paining you?

Women enjoy a lot more benefits than men in every society, but we don't complain so much.

Abi, some of them can sell their bodies for money to men or be community sluts and still get married to unsuspecting church brothers who is thinking he is lucky he got a Soyoyo, he can never date in her prime not knowing she is an ajadi apere and a borehole SMH. A case of eating your cake and having it at the same time!
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Llyodsjids(m): 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2021
Lordswazz:
Sometimes I wonder what will make an adult so stupid as to tolerate being wantonly abused and trampled upon. It’s not like he provides anything for her and the kids; he’s evidently useless to himself and society. So what’s the foolish woman’s reason for staying with an animal that’s working overtime to make her life and the lives of their children a living hell?

Even if she has no relatives that care about her or they’ve given up on her, does she have no sense of self-worth or purpose? Na wah o!
I used to think like this too, until I realized, there are alot of things that goes down behind the scenes
Hence the street saying "mind your business"
By the way
Op, you are a great guy, stuffs like that annoys the hell outta me but the irony is that the whole world might eventually blame you after the whole episode.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Led To The Greatest Flogging You Received As A Kid?? / After 10 Years Of Waiting, Woman Dies On Christmas Day After Delivery (Photos) / Help! My Crush Is A Ritualist And His Family Are Aware

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.