Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,189 members, 7,835,952 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:04 PM

Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please (34637 Views)

I Want To Rename My Street To Immortalize My Dad. / Fake Marriages Taking Place In Nigeria, Says Immigration Boss / Today's Experience Changed My View On Domestic Violence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kholiwe(f): 12:57pm On Nov 19, 2021
professore:
Op you have tried. But my advice now that you also need to be careful with that man. You don't know what is going on in his mind towards you.
Keep quiet. If you are a coward say so and keep shut.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Candidlady: 12:58pm On Nov 19, 2021
Gudbadguy:

Honestly u r a useless person for allowing such words come out of ur mouth

thank you i know.. My dad says that all the time

that woman can be killed at anytime

this iknow too and op can also be killed

since you are here formin online activist why nat ask for ops location make you go rescue the woman uncle "christ the savior"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by theamazonguru(m): 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Seriously. I was just imagining how the woman could be so stupid. I'm just worried for her life

Have you heard of the terms : "safety first" , "make them no use your head crack nuts" , " mind your own business".

Be more concerned about your own safety first.
And honestly I am more worried for you.

You are trying to meddle in the domestic matter of a drunkard?
You do not think he can do the unthinkable?
Don't you think you might be attacked by that evil, callous, irresponsible man while you are at the business of separating fight like you are a saviour?

Guy man. na person wey dey alive dem dey call hero ooh.
Hero in death na stupidity cause am ooh.
Don't be one.

The best you can do is to make a video evidence of one of the public nuisance sessions.
Send it to the appropriate authority and let them take it up from them.
Police , child protection agency, human rights are all there, avail yourself one of them.

Ire ooh.

I have warned.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by emmanuelbrown26: 12:59pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kholiwe:

You are a mad man. May your mother experience those beating. Foolish pig
All these Ashawo kobo kobo no go allow us see road.
Aunty abeg carry your frustration pack well

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by CSTRR: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Your boyfriend is not kind to people.

He shouts at waiters, has an aggressive side and his voice is very temperamental.

And you think that is not a red flag?
In your mind, he is very manly.

Continue.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nobody: 1:00pm On Nov 19, 2021
Na wa. The man sounds like a beast, beating his wife and little kids. Gosh
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Ptersyn(m): 1:01pm On Nov 19, 2021
My opinion will be... Talking to the woman, seek to know when all these troubles with her husband started, what she feels about the whole thing. From there you can determine if really need help... If not it may turn that they use you to settle themselves..... You will now be the enemy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kholiwe(f): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

All these Ashawo kobo kobo no go allow us see road.
Aunty abeg carry your frustration pack well
Your mother is the only Ashawo here. Ask her for your real dad. Shameless coward cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by emmanuelbrown26: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kholiwe:

Your mother is the only Ashawo here. Ask her for your real dad. Shameless coward cheesy cheesy cheesy
Aunty leave matter jare, your frustration no do u na me go do u?
Kpele, Ashawo kobo kobo like u, maybe your toto dun tire na en mak u dey para

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kholiwe(f): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
theamazonguru:

[s] Have you heard of the terms : "safety first" , "make them no use your head crack nuts" , " mind your own business".

Be more concerned about your own safety first.
And honestly I am more worried for you.

You are trying to meddle in the domestic matter of a drunkard?
You do not think he can do the unthinkable?
Don't you think you might be attacked by that evil, callous, irresponsible man while you are at the business of separating fight like you are a saviour?

Guy man. na person wey dey alive dem dey call hero ooh.
Hero in death na stupidity cause am ooh.
Don't be one.

The best you can do is to make a video evidence of one of the public nuisance sessions.
Send it to the appropriate authority and let them take it up from them.
Police , child protection agency, human rights are all there, avail yourself one of them.

Ire ooh.

I have warned [/s].
All these cowards ehnn. Oga shut up and stop displaying stupidity. When you see something wrong your stand up and do something about it rather than typing here like a useless coward.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by SocialJustice: 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
I will be as brief as possible.
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

On many occasions, he carries huge sticks to kill the woman like a snake.
People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.
What can I do to help the situation guys. I'm really disturbed.
The part when go shock you na when the woman go tell you say e be like say you want destroy her sweet marriage. Omo, mind your business.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by BluntTheApostle(m): 1:03pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:
I recently opened a barbing salon shop. Within the area I opened this shop, there's this couple living there. The man does nothing for a living. He's a drunkard. The woman on the other hand sells black market fuel and oil to make ends meet.

They gave birth to 6 children (yes, you heard right). Since I entered that street, I noticed a serious domestic violence going on in that family. The man after drinking, uses his wife and children as punching bags. This is not occasionally. On a daily. I'm seriously disturbed. A little arguement and the man goes straight to the woman's fuel and oil and pours everything away.

Even when he's the one provoking the woman, he goes to the woman's properties and starts damaging everything.

The worst is that no body in the street says anything. They all say they are used to them.
I'm seriously disturbed because the man always threatens to pour fuel on the woman and set her ablaze always.

People around always say he can't do it. On my side, I'm really disturbed, because I have seen where domestic violence caused a disaster. I fear that one day, the man might carry out his threats.

Today a serious fight broke out between the man and the wife. The man was beating the last born of the house that's just a year plus like a mad man. The wife couldn't bear it anymore and faced the man. He was beating all of them like animals. Looking for cutlass and 2by2 to use on them. People were passing and didn't even care. I couldn't bear it anymore. He was trying to smash the woman's phone on the main road. One small girl went to rescue the woman and the phone. The way this man flung the lady eeh, that was when I stepped in, collected the phone and told the man that if he tried touching the woman and the children again, I would bury him alive. I was very mad. I asked the woman what he's still doing with the man. Or is she waiting for people to carry her corpse before she flees for her life? The phone is still with me. I'm confused on what to do.

This man needs to be stopped before a disaster strikes. It's just a matter of time. I fear for the woman's life seriously.

First of all, Nigeria is not a country where you are encouraged to dabble into such a matter.

If the drunk calls the police, and somehow gets the wife to support him by corroborating whatever statement against you, you will just go to prison for nothing.

One thing I have noticed since I have been linking victims of abuse with human rights lawyers is that the women don't always help you to help them. I have since stopped wasting my time.

You will rescue a woman from an abusive husband, and then mobilize police to arrest the man. Then after everyone has written statements, the wife will suddenly say she is not interested in dragging case with her husband. If you insist, even the police will turn against you and wonder why you are getting too much involved in a family matter that shouldn't concern you.

My brother, next time, don't seize someone's property, not in Nigeria. Return the phone and mind your business. Don't ever take the law into your hands, no matter how little of the law you took.

If you feel seriously about the matter, report at the police station. Let the police do their job. You will be surprised that the police may even tell you that it is not their job to dabble into such a matter.

And really, can you blame the police? So many times, they are disturbed with cases that have a history of never going anywhere. Many domestic violence cases are reported at the police station. I have done my own fair share of reporting. But when it is time to walk the talk, the woman will back down and make you look like you are poking your noses in a business that does not concern you. This is usually after the IPO has listened to arguments and counter arguments for hours, and taken bashings left and right from the DCP who usually wants a case to be resolved quickly. If you already know that a case is likely never to go far, where would you find the motivation to put heart and soul into it?

Now, can one also blame the wife? No. Due to our collectivist African culture, it is usually considered demeaning for a woman to take her husband (family) to court, and vice versa. It is considered the same as dragging the name of the family in the mud.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kholiwe(f): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Aunty leave matter jare, your frustration no do u na me go do u?
Kpele, Ashawo kobo kobo like u, maybe your toto dun tire na en mak u dey para
Coward when you get home ask your mother for your real father. F.uck.ing bastard cheesy cheesy
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by jacoik(m): 1:04pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

you talk finish you no drop address or phone number to contact? This story is not complete
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Candidlady: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
joyandfaith:

They may not have sense or they don't have will or resources to do right things.
If the woman dies and the children enter streets, you may be victim of their criminal activities.

op should report to the right channel and stay clear from the man(physically)

¤ugly face has nothing to luz in a fight with a beautiful face¤

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Nyanabo(m): 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2021
If you can help her locate FIDA in that your State you would do her a whole lot of good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by CSTRR: 1:06pm On Nov 19, 2021
And the kind of domestic violence prevalent nowadays is so bad that the men beat women even in heavy pregnancy.

In the olden days, even with their primitive ways, the men would never raise a hand on their women when she is pregnant.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by TMANO: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Dont accept people saying you should do nothing. when the man is calm, return to advise him and tell him that na dem know, you don try and commot hand. BUT actually go and make search facebook for HUMAN RIGHT DEFENDER AND ACCESS TO JUSTICE. This is also their number 08033024550. If you are not comfortable involving yourself, Give the woman that number. You will also see that number on their facebook page as written above.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by emmanuelbrown26: 1:09pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kholiwe:

Coward when you get home ask your mother for your real father. F.uck.ing bastard cheesy cheesy
One of the signs of an Ashawo is:
Always causing people's mother, since 2018 u registered, u hv being causing everybody's mother, and I know why. Ashawo no dey use eye see her fellow woman either in a marriage or in business

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Capaldi: 1:10pm On Nov 19, 2021
BluntTheApostle:

First of all, Nigeria is not a country where you are encouraged to dabble into such a matter.

If the drunk calls the police, and somehow gets the wife to support him by corroborating whatever statement against you, you will join go to prison for nothing.

One thing I have noticed since I have been linking victims of abuse with human rights lawyers is that the women don't always help you to help them. I have since stopped wasting my time.

You will rescue a woman from an abusive husband, and then mobilize police to arrest the man. Then after everyone has written statements, the wife will suddenly say she is not interested in dragging case with her husband. If you insist, even the police will turn against you and wonder why you are getting too much involved in a family matter that shouldn't concern you.

My brother, next time, don't seize someone's property, not in Nigeria. Return the phone and mind your business. Don't ever take the law into your hands, no matter how little of the law you took.

If you feel seriously about the matter, report at the police station. Let the police do their job. You will be surprised that the police may even tell you that it is not their job to dabble into such a matter.

And really, can you blame the police? So many times, they have disturbed with cases that have a history of never going anywhere. Many domestic violence cases are reported at the police station. I have done my own fair share of reporting. But when it is time to walk the talk, the woman will back down and make you look like you are poking your noses in a business that does not concern you. This is usually after the IPO has listened to arguments and counter arguments for hours, and taken bashings left and right from the DCP who usually wants a case to be resolved quickly. If you already know that a case is likely never to go far, where would you find the motivation to put heart and soul into it?

Now, can one also blame the wife? No. Due to our collectivist African culture, it is usually considered demeaning for a woman to take her husband (family) to court, and vice versa. It is considered the same as dragging the name of the family in the mud.

Blame it on toxic masculinity and stupid traditional practices. Woman have no rights to leave toxic marriages cause of the stigma attached. No woman enjoys been beating.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kholiwe(f): 1:11pm On Nov 19, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Always causing people's mother, since 2018 u registered, u hv being causing everybody's mother, and I know why. Ashawo no dey use eye see her fellow woman either in a marriage or in business
Expert in Ashawo affairs. Your mother did a good job on teaching you are ways. Ask her when you reach home for your real father cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Curious345: 1:12pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola

datola:
Please report to Lagos State Government agency against domestic violence.

LASG does not joke with issues like this

Ministry of Justice, Government, Secretariat Rd, Alausa, Lagos
Hours:
Open ⋅ Closes 4PM
Phone: 0800 033 3333
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by tete7000(m): 1:13pm On Nov 19, 2021
Pray rgst they both have conversion of hearts, and stop living lives of sin. The best you can do in this part of the world.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by IbileIfe: 1:14pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Thank you for preventing murder.
If possible, talk to the man.
Depression can make someone insane and suicidal
He is dejected and frustrated.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by angelfallz(m): 1:15pm On Nov 19, 2021
can't you report to the Police station?
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by ADMAF(m): 1:16pm On Nov 19, 2021
Born2Breed:
You have done your best. Retreat before it's too late.

The stupid woman opened her leg for a drunkard to impregnate her 6x. Just watch as the 7th child comes in next year.
Born2Breed. You have betrayed your moniker!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Curious345: 1:17pm On Nov 19, 2021
emmanuelbrown26:

Men the girl na pure olosho. Lekki type.

Kholiwe:

Save your preaching for your who.re mother and sisters.

Kholiwe:
It's crazy how red pillars are always broke ass hungry men. Fools go secure the bag and stop fooling yourselves cheesy cheesy

Dangerous female..
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Kholiwe(f): 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
Curious345:

Men the girl na pure olosho. Lekki type.

Dangerous female..
You mother and sisters lead and we follow cheesy cheesy
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by emmanuelbrown26: 1:18pm On Nov 19, 2021
Kholiwe:

Expert in Ashawo affairs. Your mother did a good job on teaching you are ways. Ask her when you reach home for your real father cheesy cheesy cheesy
Eyaaaa, men dun tire toto finish, very soon na retired Ashawo u go cum bi.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by Djuggernaut(m): 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
You must start to intervene. Both verbally & physically if possible. Report to the appropriate authorities. Children lives are now at stake.
Re: Serious Domestic Violence Taking Place In My Street, Help Please by tonyawo: 1:19pm On Nov 19, 2021
massinola:

Report any domestic violence issue to the following agency in Lagos State.

Lagos State Domestic and Sexual Violence Response Team.
Phone no: 08137960048, 0800 0333333

They are very very effective and necessary action will be taken once reported.

Please call d number so as to save the woman and her children's life.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

After 10 Years Of Waiting, Woman Dies On Christmas Day After Delivery (Photos) / Help! My Crush Is A Ritualist And His Family Are Aware / Photos- House Help Brutally Beaten By Madam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.