Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,882 members, 7,828,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:29 AM

Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy (47291 Views)

My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts! / My Wife Behaviour Towards My Family Members/Siblings Is Driving Me Crazy / My Mum's Constant Insult Is Driving Me Crazy, It Is Time To Move Out? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by j3r3myk3n(m): 6:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
Relationships and love matters in the links below. lipsrsealed
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by faithfull18(f): 7:09pm On Nov 24, 2021
@OP, Ask her to slow down or you get down and not go again or you drive her crazy too.

Best solution: Ask her to slow down wink
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Thogar46: 11:13am On Nov 25, 2021
Most importantly, don't let her influence your work plans and don't do anything to the detriment of your own interests. Remember, you don't have to be someone's nanny for the rest of your life. Find something to praise her for.
It's important for girls, for women, to be heard. Talk to her, ask about her worries, what's going on with her. Specific help with things, including household chores, is a good support. Ask her how you can help her, what she needs. Be there for her if she feels bad, lonely.
Sometimes, you need to let her calm down, accept the situation. Women go through everything very emotionally. Sometimes you want to calm down and you can't.
There are just different situations, and different reactions to them. Sometimes, it just takes time. Sometimes it takes pity. Sometimes chocolate and tea and the hug of a loved one.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Rosement(f): 1:19pm On Nov 25, 2021
distinguish:
We have been married for a year now. We have been trying to conceive. Because of the emotional stress attached my wife said she can't be staying at home alone, it causes her stress. She said she wants to start doing something. At least a business.

I took a loan from my place of work and we started the business for over 2 months now. The issue now is that, I don't always have cash on me anymore. Any little money I got it's for the business. Basically, we mostly feed from the business.

Yesterday, after we returned home, she started giving me attitude, I asked her what the issue was, she started telling me how I am killing the business, not taking good care of her, not having money to take care of her and all sort of rubbish, she brought out how incompetent I am as a husband and what have you. I never said a word to reply her and its eating me up seriously, I could not sleep the whole night. This is the person that I sacrificed a lot for. I was supposed a take a professional course this November, but because of her I had to postpone it.

Please I need your advice.

PS: I did not eat the food she prepared last night.
Two of you should have waited and become financially stable before getting married but still she does not have to put the whole pressure on you, both of you are in this together, she knew your status before she married you. She should have found something doing before she settled down, a woman should be an helpmate not a liability.

Marriage is for better for worse, you might have to take her to your spiritual father for counselling. Good women build their homes, she has to learn to stick to her husband through thick and thin. You guys just have to work together and the storm will be over eventually. Don't overthink things, you cannot do more than your power.

As a responsible man, you have to strive to provide for your family but she also have to assist you. Don't allow misunderstand to enter your marriage, try to work things out.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by BigBashiru: 1:10am On Nov 26, 2021
Rosement:

Two of you should have waited and become financially stable before getting married but still she does not have to put the whole pressure on you, both of you are in this together, she knew your status before she married you. She should have found something doing before she settled down, a woman should be an helpmate not a liability.

Marriage is for better for worse, you might have to take her to your spiritual father for counselling. Good women build their homes, she has to learn to stick to her husband through thick and thin. You guys just have to work together and the storm will be over eventually. Don't overthink things, you cannot do more than your power.

As a responsible man, you have to strive to provide for your family but she also have to assist you. Don't allow misunderstand to enter your marriage, try to work things out.

Omo leave that for better or for worse crap. That'd what the church uses to deceive ppl. Marriage isn't for better or for worse.... it can be called off at any time and no one should be made guilty for leaving a marriage that doesn't suit them due to some religious shit.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by BigBashiru: 1:12am On Nov 26, 2021
Rosement:

As for the last paragraph both ppl have to strive to provide for the "family" not just the man. What happened to the woman's hands? And what's the man getting in return for all the stress?
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Rosement(f): 9:51am On Nov 26, 2021
BigBashiru:

As for the last paragraph both ppl have to strive to provide for the "family" not just the man. What happened to the woman's hands? And what's the man getting in return for all the stress?
If there is understanding in a marriage, growth will be faster. They have become one, they have to learn to carry each others burden. Any child that will be produced from the marriage will belong to both of them. If they work hard to support their children and their children eventually becomes successful, they will both benefit from it.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by BigBashiru: 10:40am On Nov 26, 2021
Rosement:

If there is understanding in a marriage, growth will be faster. They have become one, they have to learn to carry each others burden. Any child that will be produced from the marriage will belong to both of them. If they work hard to support their children and their children eventually becomes successful, they will both benefit from it.

Omo leave Bible talks such as "they have become one"... if they have become one that's the more reason why the money part should be a shared responsibility with a woman contributing at least 30% of household expenses but na! Women only want what's convenient for them....
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Rosement(f): 11:03am On Nov 26, 2021
BigBashiru:

Omo leave Bible talks such as "they have become one"... if they have become one that's the more reason why the money part should be a shared responsibility with a woman contributing at least 30% of household expenses but na! Women only want what's convenient for them....
Are you sure you read my comment?
I did not say women should be liabilities. A woman should also contribute. No man will respect a woman that is lazy, some women cannot even buy toiletries without their husbands, I'm not in support of such a lifestyle because the responsibility might be too much
for the man to carry.
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by Hassanmaye(m): 8:23am On Nov 27, 2021
Dalil8:

What is the woman in question doing? That's why most parents don't bother sending their female kids to school or investing in them. It yields nothing.

To marry Nigerian woman these days just be like to go buy bag of cement put for house. Useless to their own selves.

@distinguish Even if you hack yourself to pieces, sell all ur body parts and give it to your wife she would still come to ur grave nagging about how u neva took care of her when you were alive. Women are never grateful, no matter what you do for them.

So just focus on yourself and your kids when they come.
Hahahhahahaha
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by DreamSonInlaw(m): 12:47am On Nov 29, 2021
Druss:

Very important. The woman must be able to bring money into the home.

I pray no man marries a woman who would rather have a spend mindset rather than a growth mindset. Every tree needs nutrients and foundation to grow strong. No seed germinates immediately.

I am not so worried for Nigerian women. I am aware that the noise makers are a minority of the female populace. However that minority, flee from them. They add no value to your life - absolutely none!!

Lol, obviously..there will be men who will fancy such women..and fairlplay to them.

As a man I provision is my duty, but you need that little break here & there on the little things..(once in a while she buys bread..small things like that)
We go dey alright ��
Re: Advice Needed, My Wife Is Driving Me Crazy by DreamSonInlaw(m): 12:47am On Nov 29, 2021
Bola146:

grin grin cheesy

Bola you get reservations?

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Muiz Adebiyi, Nigerian Who Married Old Oyinbo: She's Better Than Nigerian Ladies / Man Storms His Ex-wife’s House To Retrieve The Car He Bought Her(Video) / 'I Want To Cheat On My Runaway Husband'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.