Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi (3525 Views)

Budget Not Missing, President Buhari Secretly Withdrew It - Sahara Reporters / CBN Governor Emefiele Hurriedly Leaves US After Buhari's Tongue-Lashing / Patience Jonathan Hurriedly Flown To Germany (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Afanna1: 7:32pm On Jun 08, 2011
IBADAN – GOVERNOR Abiola Ajimobi of Oyo State has said his predecessor, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala, in an attempt to empty the state treasury,  hurriedly withdrew a sum of N3billion just five days before he left office.

He revealed this during a meeting with some traditional rulers in the state over one of the bosom traps of implementing the payment of N18,000 for the workers in the state.

In order to prevent another round of industrial action in the state, Governor Ajimobi  sought the intervention and elderly counsel of major traditional rulers in the state.

But responding, Prince Dotun Oyelade denied the allegation saying “Akala’s administration did not withdraw N3b as alleged by the new administration in the state. What happened was that money was paid to contractors upon the presentation of certificates for job done and certified by the monitoring unit, the State Ministry of Works and the Due Process unit”.

He said.”this is the conventional way of paying for projects executed. The onus is therefore on Ajimobi to prove that the money was wrongly applied or prematurely released.

Among the traditional rulers invited to the meeting are the  Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi; the  Olubadan of Ibadan, Oba Samuel Odulana; Soun of Ogbomosho, Oba Jimoh Oyewumi.

Though, the Olubadan could not attend in person, he delegated the Otun Olubadan, High Chief Omowale Kuye to stand in for him at the meeting.

The former Governor of the state, Otunba Adebayo Alao-Akala had, at the twilight of his four-year tenure, raised the hope workers in the state that he would effect the implementation of the minimum wage of N18,000 monthly.

Ajimobi, in a statement by his Senior Special Assistant, Dr. Festus Adedayo, expressed worry over the issue especially when the new wage bill exceeds the total monthly revenue of the state.

In an earlier meeting,  the governor held with labour leaders in the state, he explained to them that “while statutory allocation accruing to the state was, on the average, N2.4 billion monthly, the state’s Internally Generated Revenue nets about N1 billion, which, if added to VAT  and other revenues accruable to the state government, pushes the state’s monthly income to about N4.2 billion on the average”.

The governor further told the leaders that, with the hurriedly approved new minimum wage increase by the out-gone state government, the state would pay monthly salaries of N4.4 billion which  meant that the state government would have to borrow the sum of N200 million monthly to be able to pay the salaries of its workers.

He said further that even after borrowing N200 million monthly to pay workers’ salaries, government would not only find it impossible to provide the needed materials for civil servants to do their work such as pens and typing sheets.

He also added that it would be an impossibility to actualize all the lofty dreams which he swore to provide for the people of the state.

The governor, reportedly told the traditional rulers and other leaders that he was anxious to pay the May salary of workers immediately and pay whatever would be agreed upon with labour after appropriation by the House of Assembly.

He admitted that workers in Oyo State were among the worst-paid salary-earners in the South West adding that “If the Ekiti State salary model is adopted, the new salary will increase workers’ wages by between 45 and 100 percent, push up the wage bill by N800million per month and push the wage bill to N3.7billion,”.

According to the statement, Governor Ajimobi presented all these facts to the labour leaders and informed the traditional rulers, religious leaders and leaders of thought that his administration would continue to dialogue with the labour leaders towards arriving at an acceptable point where civil servants and the people he swore to provide their welfare will all beam smiles of satisfaction.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/06/akala-hurriedly-withdrew-n3b-in-five-days-ajimobi/[/b]
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by AndreUweh(m): 8:29pm On Jun 08, 2011
Why should Akala do this shortly before he left office?. I can really smell what Akala is cooking.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by violent(m): 8:31pm On Jun 08, 2011
If it was illegal, Ajimobi should get him arrested! making allegations would not cut shyt!
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jun 08, 2011
violent:

If it was illegal, Ajimobi should get him arrested! making allegations would not cut shyt!

Exactly.

Nigerians, not only their politicians, should find incriminating evidence to prosecute before making allegations. If you can't or can't make an arrest, why would ordinary citizens like myself want to be bothered?
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by OAM4J: 9:08pm On Jun 08, 2011
Send his file to EFCC asap!
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by OAM4J: 2:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by olapluto(m): 2:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
I heard Akala is in UK. Anyone who knows where his house is should please make the address public. I will pay him a visit and ask him a few questions in a lawful way. He cannot be prosecuted in Nigeria as I know he left Nigeria on 28th May.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by OAM4J: 2:21pm On Jun 09, 2011
He and Daniel ran away at the eve of May 29th swearing in of new Governors.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Nobody: 2:34pm On Jun 09, 2011
I need this to be on the front page
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Seun(m): 4:04pm On Jun 09, 2011
It is now. Interesting allegation.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jun 09, 2011
oh well, who really cares, isnt looting legal in our constitution, it was written at the back of the amendment, Looting is legal, for the politicians,
why una kan they waste time na, i don tire for all these una wahala o
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by rolchi(m): 4:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
Ajimobi should prove that the money was illegally withdrawn and applied for illegal matters. However, the amount is only 3B while he needs 4.4B for wages. Interestingly, it means that even if has the "3B", he will have to source for 1.4B

So, Ajimobi seat up, source for funds and begin to work. Stop hosting meetings and crying "wolf" while there is none.

You know the EFCC, ask them to go after Akala. Meanwhile, where is Tokyo and Auxiliary? Have they been arrested or Akala is also hiding them
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by felifeli: 4:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
I.d.iots . Stop playing politics with our lives and get on with what you have been employed to do. If Akala has done wrong, get him arrested by police and tried in court. Don't go to newspaper to make st.up.id allegations which only prove your incompetence Mr Ajomobi
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
Am still wondering how they are able to withdraw such an amount wihin a short period of time, abi goverment withdrawal is diffrent from ours?
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by kunlaxo: 4:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
Akala --send the man to EFCC to join his brother bankole then both should be taken to Hague for questioning.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
All of una just they abuse ajimobi
HE HAS WORKED TO GET ELECTED, NOW ITS TIME TO TALK RUBBISH
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES AJIMOBI A DULL BOY
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by hackney(m): 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
ola_pluto:

I heard Akala is in UK. Anyone who knows where his house is should please make the address public. I will pay him a visit and ask him a few questions in a lawful way. He cannot be prosecuted in Nigeria as I know he left Nigeria on 28th May.

You are likely to run into him in a sunday service in Deptford.
Thats were most S.W past politicians relocate to after office life.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Anvaller: 5:45pm On Jun 09, 2011
Making alot of noise on the newspaper. Overblow little things and mislead the public to create a wrong impression. Is that the deal? Ajimobi I am asking you. This guy said that he will get Akala arrested with EFCC immediately he became governor what is he waiting for tiill this moment? They claimed they have evidence of Akala's lootings why have they not filed a petition with EFCC? most especially now that they are in govt which will easily afford them the opportunity to see a clearer picture of the proofs they claimed they had.

[b]Well I can't be fooled. For the avoidance of doubt, for those who think Akala has eloped, I wonder where people manufacture all these fake news. The guy is in his Ibadan residence up till now not even in Ogbomosho (in Ibadan) hosting meetings and meetings with his crew, frequent visits to Abuja. Infact he has not travelled out of the country since may 29. The Akala that you claimed has eloped since May 28 celebrated his birthday on june 3 with many people in attendance in his Bodija residence. see link[/b]http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/4077-i-now-know-my-true-friends-alao-akala

So the fact that Ajimobi is yet to arrest him is Ajimobi's weakness. Akala is around in Ibadan in his house 5 mins drive away from the state secretariat. Lets keep watching with our eyes wide open
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by moremi2008(m): 6:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
However, I am not sure any of the banks was stupid enough to let him withdraw the money. Akala is a thief, no doubt about this.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by fxtopedia(m): 6:32pm On Jun 09, 2011
EFCC: Akala is expecting you oooo
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by tolu001: 6:35pm On Jun 09, 2011
Making alot of noise on the newspaper. Overblow little things and mislead the public to create a wrong impression. Is that the deal? Ajimobi I am asking you. This guy said that he will get Akala arrested with EFCC immediately he became governor what is he waiting for tiill this moment? They claimed they have evidence of Akala's lootings why have they not filed a petition with EFCC? most especially now that they are in govt which will easily afford them the opportunity to see a clearer picture of the proofs they claimed they had.

Well I can't be fooled. For the avoidance of doubt, for those who think Akala has eloped, I wonder where people manufacture all these fake news. The guy is in his Ibadan residence up till now not even in Ogbomosho (in Ibadan) hosting meetings and meetings with his crew, frequent visits to Abuja. Infact he has not travelled out of the country since may 29. The Akala that you claimed has eloped since May 28 celebrated his birthday on june 3 with many people in attendance in his Bodija residence. see linkhttp://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/4077-i-now-know-my-true-friends-alao-akala

So the fact that Ajimobi is yet to arrest him is Ajimobi's weakness. Akala is around in Ibadan in his house 5 mins drive away from the state secretariat. Lets keep watching with our eyes wide open

Thank God there are still some very few sensible posts like yours on nairaland
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by mrofficial(m): 6:40pm On Jun 09, 2011
Mr Christopher Alao Akala, number 1 in rascality. I have no doubts on this one, he's capable of looting the whole state to maintain his bleached skin.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by lucabrasi(m): 6:46pm On Jun 09, 2011
violent:

and let the case over shadow his govt causing a distraction over the 4 years?i dont think so
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
violent:

If it was illegal, Ajimobi should get him arrested!  making allegations would not cut shyt!

Precisely!! This is what bores me the most of how these people operate. They come in, and begin announcing how the last man did this and that but at the end of the day, NOTHING is done about it. All he needs do is investigate and present his findings to the right authorities to MAKE SURE the man pays for whatever crimes he committed against the state. We are still waiting to see if Ogun state will pursue a case against OGD for the many supposed crimes he committed while he was governor.

Anvaller:

o ga!
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by effile(m): 7:15pm On Jun 09, 2011
pelenty pelenty money for monkey :-x
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by effile(m): 7:27pm On Jun 09, 2011
pelenty pelenty money for monkey :-x
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by OWOLAYEMO: 7:31pm On Jun 09, 2011
The young man is simply paying his generation unborn.But dont worry history has a way of dealing with people like him.What a shame!!!!
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
How I love Amala Politics in Nigeria grin EFCC wants in on the meal Akala is cooking and "Others at Large"
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by Mariory(m): 8:16pm On Jun 09, 2011
Donlittle:

All of una just they abuse ajimobi
HE HAS WORKED TO GET ELECTED, NOW ITS TIME TO TALK RUBBISH
ALL WORK AND NO PLAY MAKES AJIMOBI A DULL BOY

LOL!
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by beautysky: 9:23pm On Jun 09, 2011
you must be Dull, to have thought such domestic issues can be resolved at Hague,
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by awiizzle: 11:47pm On Jun 09, 2011
this ajimobi man dey blow alarm on top 3 billioin naira when his mates in other states dey meet deficit, abeg pay your workers salary and stop shouting about, U think say e easy?? for campaign u dey run mouth say u go pay wage increase now ur eye don clear.
Re: Akala Hurriedly Withdrew N3b In Five Days – Ajimobi by awiizzle: 11:53pm On Jun 09, 2011
ola_pluto:

Anvaller:

Well I can't be fooled. For the avoidance of doubt, for those who think Akala has eloped, I wonder where people manufacture all these fake news. The guy is in his Ibadan residence up till now not even in Ogbomosho (in Ibadan) hosting meetings and meetings with his crew, frequent visits to Abuja. [b]Infact he has not travelled out of the country since may 29. The Akala that you claimed has eloped since May 28 celebrated his birthday on june 3 with many people in attendance in his Bodija residence. see link[/b]http://www.tribune.com.ng/sun/index.php/news/4077-i-now-know-my-true-friends-alao-akala

(1) (2) (Reply)

video of Abia State House Of Ngozi Iweala ,where The Child Wedding Took Place / Why Do People From South East Hate Tinubu More Than Those From South-west? / Umuahia Welcomes All For Christmas( Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.