Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:07 PM

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? (40402 Views)

My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him. / Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by authority2006(m): 9:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
OwaliZiz:
The worst thing that can happen to a man, you can die from heart attack related ailment, create eternal enmity between children of both wives, hmmm I pity young men who still practice this

Everyone with his/her crappy opinion. Lol
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by rhames(m): 10:03pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:
Please I need a reason why any lady would agree to be a second wife?

We are Africans and have been a polygamous people before the white man ( Arabs and Oyinbo) came to brainwash us that everything our culture stood for was wrong.

On why she would agree to be second wife, remember Muslims are allowed to marry up to four women like( VP Atiku) while some notable Christains like Baba Ijebu (Glo) are married to two women.

Recently, KWAM 1 married his 44th concubine as third wife.

Let's even talk sense first, where you want make all those women get husband when the eligible bachelors are not ready to walk the isle.?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mexicanbreed:
Is Regina Daniel jobless, is she penniless

nah but she definitely married her grandaddy for the below reason i stipulated:

- MONEY
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Vision101(m): 11:46pm On Nov 24, 2021
@1Sharon

Nope. Regina has some advantage over her co-wives. She's the freshest and youngest.

Don't be surprised to know that Ned has forgotten his older wives.

If you want to be a co-wife, make sure you stand out, so you aren't forgotten.

@me
In terms of ranking she is the least. If anything happens to the man that's when she will know her rank. She will not even be able to talk to the first daughter.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Babalola0920: 12:15am On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:
Only ladies who don't value themselves agree to be second wives.

Na lie but lady who value themselves knew someone his married and pretend to be side chick or get knocked by guy who's not ready to wife them..

Don't let lie to ourselves women full plenty like beans

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Billygee2u: 1:58am On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by doneem(m): 7:42am On Nov 25, 2021
Regina has some advantage over her co-wives. She's the freshest and youngest. Don't be surprised to know that Ned has forgotten his older wives. If you want to be a co-wife, make sure you stand out, so you aren't forgotten.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Munzy14(m): 7:52am On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:
Zukwanuike grin grin

You hate polygamy eeeh... grin

Las las it is peace of mind and happiness that matters.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Jman06(m): 8:12am On Nov 25, 2021
Most polygamous homes are war fronts because women are too competitive with other women. This is fueled by the fact that in such polygamous homes, there's always mixture of blood from outside as most of the wives are bound to resort to start meeting up their sexual needs outside. That is the case with even the Muslim homes but worst with the traditional religion homes.

I know many such polygamous homes in my village in Igboland where some men married as many as 4 to 5 wives in those days. The men were cucked silly along the line because they couldn't keep up. That was then o, when women were genitally mutilated and traditions were in place to checkmate infidelity. Try that now with modern feminists. The other day it happened at Edo, where the lady even had the guts to bring home her side guy to her matrimonial home!

All these guys here supporting polygamy in this day and age seem not to be thinking. Or perhaps they're cuckolds who don't mind being cucked I know the category of ladies who might be supporting it. Of course, the lazy ones who can't work and earn a living by themselves, the desperate ones who just want to answer Mrs and the Muslim ones who have been ignorantly brainwashed to accept polygamy as a norm. However, a common denominator among all of them is that they're highly likely to cuckold the man along the way.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Someodds: 8:26am On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:

Mugu...
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Classickj(m): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:

Everything!
The man was never and can never be yours.
A man belong to no one.... Men with one wife still have side chick
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 9:21am On Nov 25, 2021
[s]
Someodds:

Mugu...
[/s]

It is still too early to start bleating like a damn goat with diarrhea.

If you want fortune, speak fortunate words to others. It is the law of life.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 9:23am On Nov 25, 2021
Munzy14:

Zukwanuike grin grin

You hate polygamy eeeh... grin

Considering the kind of family that I come from...

Las las it is peace of mind and happiness that matters.

Peace of mind and happiness in a polygamous setting? Let's not kid ourselves. cheesy
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 9:26am On Nov 25, 2021
Classickj:

A man belong to no one.... Men with one wife still have side chick

In a Christian marriage, a man belong to his wife and his wife belong to him.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Sterope(f): 9:46am On Nov 25, 2021
Polygamy can be peaceful. It doeends ony he partoes involved. The man can be upfront tell his first wife he is going marry more. I know men who did this. In Islam, for exmaple marriage can contractual in business sense of that term.

Also, we live in a society many women willingly have relationships with married men. There are women who have sworn against polygamy but won't mind polygamy if where the man is their heart.
Mariangeles:

Peace of mind and happiness in a polygamous setting? Let's not kid ourselves. cheesy
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Ladymillion(f): 10:42am On Nov 25, 2021
It's a normal norm in some religions sha even 4th wifey
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Classickj(m): 11:05am On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:

In a Christian marriage, a man belong to his wife and his wife belong to him.
so how both of them still cheat
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Someodds: 12:56pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:
[s][/s]

It is still too early to start bleating like a damn goat with diarrhea.

If you was fortune, speak fortunate words to others. It is the law of life.

Marriageles ur name abi? Hahaha
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 1:03pm On Nov 25, 2021
Sterope:
Polygamy can be peaceful. It doeends ony he partoes involved. The man can be upfront tell his first wife he is going marry more. I know men who did this. In Islam, for exmaple marriage can contractual in business sense of that term.

Also, we live in a society many women willingly have relationships with married men. There are women who have sworn against polygamy but won't mind polygamy if where the man is their heart.

As long as all parties involved agree and nobody feels cheated, then no P.

For me, it's a nO nO!
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Munzy14(m): 7:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:

Joke apart, some have found peace and happiness in it..

Even staying with one partner owu kwanu guarantee for peace angry

The peace comes from within, well as you detest polygamy, you will meet who doesn't fancy it.

Again, most polygamous homes wasn't planned...A lot can lead a family to that Including procreation...If one marries and bear children, they couples won't know how blessed they are...
Then,as long as there is love, peace and happiness...They are icing on the cake.

Nwaanyi kwesiri I di sensitive...And fast to detect when hubby don they go astray and call him to order..If you display I don't care attitude, thats how problem start..before you know it, it becomes irredeemable.

Men are open to temptation, especially the married ones with good sense of family responsibility..Even your wife's friends go use style they press button... grin grin

Umu nwaanyi hehehehehehe ka m kwushi nga sha...Na who never see temptation go say taaaaaa.. cheesy
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 8:13pm On Nov 25, 2021
Munzy14:

Joke apart, some have found peace and happiness in it..

Even staying with one partner owu kwanu guarantee for peace angry

The peace comes from within, well as you detest polygamy, you will meet who doesn't fancy it.

Again, most polygamous homes wasn't planned...A lot can lead a family to that Including procreation...If one marries and bear children, they couples won't know how blessed they are...
Then,as long as there is love, peace and happiness...They are icing on the cake.

Nwaanyi kwesiri I di sensitive...And fast to detect when hubby don they go astray and call him to order..If you display I don't care attitude, thats how problem start..before you know it, it becomes irredeemable.

Men are open to temptation, especially the married ones with good sense of family responsibility..Even your wife's friends go use style they press button... grin grin

Umu nwaanyi hehehehehehe ka m kwushi nga sha...Na who never see temptation go say taaaaaa.. cheesy

Na wah o!

Woman work no dey finish? I nukwa I wu onye nche di... undecided
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Munzy14(m): 8:30pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:

Na wah o!

Woman work no dey finish? I nukwa I wu onye nche di... undecided
Ngwanu o... grin

Nke m wu Igwa gi eziokwu di na ya...

Okwa I si ichohu polygamy, ngwanu oru agbaala... grin grin
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 8:36pm On Nov 25, 2021
Munzy14:

Ngwanu o... grin

Nke m wu Igwa gi eziokwu di na ya...

Okwa I si ichohu polygamy, ngwanu oru agbaala... grin grin

These are just excuses for man to be irresponsible sha. I can't deal.

I hate getting worked up. I hate not being able to trust someone I should.
I hate betrayal. I'm not sure I can forgive that.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Munzy14(m): 9:29pm On Nov 25, 2021
Mariangeles:

These are just excuses for man to be irresponsible sha. I can't deal.

I hate getting worked up. I hate not being able to trust someone I should.
I hate betrayal. I'm not sure I can forgive that.
grin grin
Even sisters betray themselves to secure the bag..

Most bad people today, were ones good people who became bad because of bad influence...Some couples will be moving good, loving and trusting eachother until a bad influence enter...The rest becomes history.

Again did you realize most times in a marital home, women are the problem? sad some go extreme in pushing the man to the wall and still expects him to be remote controlled..

Lastly, two must agree to work.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 9:47pm On Nov 25, 2021
Munzy14:

grin grin
Even sisters betray themselves to secure the bag..

Most bad people today, were ones good people who became bad because of bad influence...Some couples will be moving good, loving and trusting eachother until a bad influence enter...The rest becomes history.

Again did you realize most times in a marital home, women are the problem? sad some go extreme in pushing the man to the wall and still expects him to be remote controlled..

Lastly, two must agree to work.

Secure what bag? undecided
Ike gwuru.
Ndi o gbasara, ha buru.

Otu ahu a wuhu otu e jiri zuo m, owuhukwanu otu m jiri to, so I can't accept that.
I cannot conform my mind to believing that.
I know there's better because that is what I've only and always known. Nothing can change that.
One only has to be careful who they choose, and not ignore the signs. (There are always signs)
I also believe people get who they deserve.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Nov 25, 2021
Magnoliaa:

This is too generic and sweeping and just: this is only how it is and only how it can ever be.

I'm not in a situation like that, so I can't really speak from experience and for people like that, but I'll bet there are women who actually considers that to be a very good value. Asin. According to their core principles, and strong values, being in a marriage to a man who is married to another is what perfectly fits into their agenda and what works for them. For whatever reasons they are getting from it.

Excluding the lies, and pain, and double dating (in the cases where the first wife isn't aware) ... I see no problem with it.

And keep in mind, even monogamous relationships can be devastating and distressing and just stormy.

So are those relationships issue because of the fact that we're with one person or two persons? Or it's the kind of people involved?

Polygamous homes can be as turbulent as monogamous homes. I don't think I'll say one supersedes the other...or is an automatic gateway to happiness. Because hypocrites can be in monogamous marriages. Fking other women other than their wives... and the openly polygamous ones do the same thing BUT with everyone on board. That is, you know what you're getting into with a polygamous man.

cheesy Sha I'm trying to see this here from every angle.

And although, polygamy tend to be used as a disparaging and shaming and patriarchal talking points by most men, which had made it unattractive and distasteful. It's been used as as an avenue for disrespect and all sorts against women. But how about in some societies like in the past, untainted by western and patriarchal ideals, that wholly practice such kind of polygamies? In and of themselves.

IF you CAN do RIGHT by your partners - thenn I'll say goodluck.
Truly, people do not fit into a box. You're one of the last people I expect to have this kind of input.

Impressive nonetheless.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Magnoliaa(f): 10:55pm On Nov 25, 2021
Tadeknkeepcalm:
Truly, people do not fit into a box. You're one of the last people I expect to have this kind of input.

Impressive nonetheless.
Yah, I don't fit into a box; I fit into a Ghana-must-go. Or Indomie Noodles carton, sometimes.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Hangulsaram: 3:21am On Nov 26, 2021
Candidlady:

what is bad in becoming a second husband undecided
I believe you should be wise enough to know that you can’t compare husband and wife.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Candidlady: 5:40am On Nov 26, 2021
Hangulsaram:

I believe you should be wise enough to know that you can’t compare husband and wife.

am nat wise enough

please enlighten me why icant compare husband and wife.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Munzy14(m): 6:37am On Nov 26, 2021
Mariangeles:

Secure what bag? undecided
Ike gwuru.
Ndi o gbasara, ha buru.

Otu ahu a wuhu otu e jiri zuo m, owuhukwanu otu m jiri to, so I can't accept that.
I cannot conform my mind to believing that.
I know there's better because that is what I've only and always known. Nothing can change that.
One only has to be careful who they choose, and not ignore the signs. (There are always signs)
I also believe people get who they deserve.
Most times people don't get who they deserve...Bitter part of reality.

I ga ahu nwoke ruchara ala, ya bia nweta ezigbo nwaanyi....cheesy

Gi a bia hu kwa nwata nwaanyi jiri la akwa m iko kwaasa local government, ofu ezigbo gentle man a bia buru ya as wife..grin

Life no balance...In all always pray..Signs you see are subject to change...Change they say is constant.
No mata how good anyone is, ha nwere bad side that takes love, tolerance and sacrifice for the partners to overlook the bad sides.

Las las always pray about it...Especially DI biawara gi...Onye i huru as good, may turn bad later, onye i huru as bad may turn good as you progress.

Same goes to a Bachelor when looking for a life partner...Ya wuru mpa m ya si ije ahu mere involve ekpere.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by LutanFyah: 11:04am On Nov 26, 2021
Jman06:
Most polygamous homes are war fronts because women are too competitive with other women. This is fueled by the fact that in such polygamous homes, there's always mixture of blood from outside as most of the wives are bound to resort to start meeting up their sexual needs outside. That is the case with even the Muslim homes but worst with the traditional religion homes.

I know many such polygamous homes in my village in Igboland where some men married as many as 4 to 5 wives in those days. The men were cucked silly along the line because they couldn't keep up. That was then o, when women were genitally mutilated and traditions were in place to checkmate infidelity. Try that now with modern feminists. The other day it happened at Edo, where the lady even had the guts to bring home her side guy to her matrimonial home!

All these guys here supporting polygamy in this day and age seem not to be thinking. Or perhaps they're cuckolds who don't mind being cucked I know the category of ladies who might be supporting it. Of course, the lazy ones who can't work and earn a living by themselves, the desperate ones who just want to answer Mrs and the Muslim ones who have been ignorantly brainwashed to accept polygamy as a norm. However, a common denominator among all of them is that they're highly likely to cuckold the man along the way.
In your small mind,you think it's every man that you can cheat on?

In your warped mind,polygamy is bad while monogamy is the best thing after slice bread?

You need to understand that not every thing is explained by science or Oyibo man wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Jman06(m): 11:35am On Nov 26, 2021
LutanFyah:
In your small mind,you think it's every man that you can cheat on?

In your warped mind,polygamy is bad while monogamy is the best thing after slice bread?

You need to understand that not every thing is explained by science or Oyibo man wisdom.
And in your deluded mind polygamy is the best How some of you reason ehn. All the evidences are there to prove that polygamy is not suitable for a healthy family and society, but some of you chose to deny the obvious. Go ahead and practice polygamy, breed children and fill everywhere! Life is all about your ego, you hear

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Four Children Died From Severe Heat After They Locked Themselves In A Car / My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Disturbing My Relationship / Man Wraps His Baby Daughter In His Dreadlocks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.