Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,994 members, 7,828,510 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:45 AM

Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? (40397 Views)

My Boyfriend Should Earn 800k Before I'll Agree To Marry Him. / Ladies: Can You Accept To Be A Second Wife? / Woman Celebrates As Her Husband Marries A Second Wife (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by ikorodureporta: 3:56pm On Nov 24, 2021
Na condition dey cause am...once you get çash, enough women ready to enter your roof
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by 1Sharon(f): 3:59pm On Nov 24, 2021
SavageResponse:

Being a second wife is not such a bad thing

Will you want it for you daughters or sisters?
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by duro4chang(m): 4:01pm On Nov 24, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

- desperation to stay married at all cost
- money
- she has no other option than to accept because she is jobless/pennyless etc
- because she cant take the mental/physical workload to be a wife by herself
- because two is better than one
- because she has already been brainwashed by her hubby
- because it is commonly accepted in African culture
- because she grew up in a polygamous home/family
You have said it all .

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Donchieli: 4:02pm On Nov 24, 2021
Shey man de belong to anybody before
Mariangeles:

Everything!

The man was never and can never be yours.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Goldp5988(f): 4:12pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:
Only ladies who don't value themselves agree to be second wives.

This make sense

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Grandmeister(m): 4:13pm On Nov 24, 2021
Doubleoo:

Grandmeister of delusion.

There are women who married another wives for their husbands. This is not heresy, go and do your research.

To burst your bubble, those women are not barren. Are they troublesome for taking another wives for their husband?
Some women encourage their husbands to take another wives. Are they troublesome too?
My family is a polygamous one. My maternal grandma agreed for her husband to marry a second wife even though she had two sons which the husband (ignorantly) thought was too few to maintain his lineage! Long story short the husband himself sent the second wife packing after her unquenching wahala. They took her back after a few years and her wahala still continued till the man have up the ghost! Today both kitchens are in the court fighting for the man's lands..again I say shut da fvck up if you have not personally experienced the bane of poligamy in a home.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Truvelisback(m): 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
DemMannaScam:
Why should a woman with dignity share her husband with other women...
Can you share your wife with other men?

It's normal for a man to have 2 or more wives but it's abnormal for a woman to have 2 or more husbands. Polygamy is not a new thing. It had been in the Bible. Men like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Esau, Moses, David, Solomon, the husband of Hannah, etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by NECO1998: 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2021
If you have nothing to say just keep quiet. Nonsense!
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by NECO1998: 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:
If you have nothing to say just keep quiet. Nonsense!
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by okonlahwon: 4:17pm On Nov 24, 2021
We should just be sincere with ourselves, You cannot be a second wife but you can date married man.
Your husband can use money to entice his female collogues, and put-on his car a/c for a little girl on campus for 7hrs in a spot.
You claim to be" Catholic priest" but you are struggling with sex abuse case in court.
Your husband develop love for a new chicks but he needs to put up trouble and file for divorce.
You see nothing wrong with "baby mama" but see plenty wrong with polygamous.
Otedola propose to your beautiful sister, your family vow to disown her if she refused to grab the offer.

Please who is fooling who!

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by henrysam(m): 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2021
Because she does not want to stay unmarried thruout her life time. The ratio of man to woman is scary
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by MrBrownJay1(m): 4:21pm On Nov 24, 2021
Doubleoo:
But you probably won't see women bringing up topics to ridicule women for remarrying - divorcing even up to 10 times. In fact they will cheer them up. But they have problems with women who legally married as second wives and remain happy.

its called AN OPINION...and any one of these women have the right to think the way they desire. thats what NL is here for, aka to discuss these issues openly (whether male or female, right or wrong).

The same "woke" ladies that call women unprintable names for becoming a second wife are the ones looking for sugar daddies. They are the ones doing kayamata here and there so that rich married men can discover them.

thats a big assumption dont you think?!

They generally disagree with reality and mislead people in their doom.

you mean "your" reality, right?!

Not long ago a popular feminist who has always insulted women for allowing men to pay their bride price, and calling their parents disgusting names for "selling" their daughters, came from Canada to get married. And guess what, the man paid her bride price and even do a lot of spending. Of course, she dares those she has misled to do their worse.
Is that the society of wokeness that we should take seriously?

when you stop viewing these people online for anything else than just another somebody with an opinion, thats when you will understand that whatever anyone does online is irrelevant to your own views. there are many hypocrites out there and ones view shouldnt be a benchmark to this discussion.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by colestephan86: 4:24pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:
Value how.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 4:25pm On Nov 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

Okay, and if the wife is open to that, too? Like genuinely, really open and the unbothered type? No. I ain't talking about the sneaky, snaky, hypocritical, poisoning type. But imagine if the two women are all vibes and good feelings. LMAO. Or maybe I'm just being idealistic with picturing two wives like this. And with a man. Yunno. I want to think there are some that have that much autonomy and self-awareness.

I explained further in another comment sha. Why polygamy generally is distasteful and would be seen as such. And that doesn't mean monogamy is automatically better, just because it is monogamy oh, in my view.

Yup. Being Muslims too is one reason.

Nothing. Absolutely nothing. Nothing wrong with that, too. Or should be wrong with it. If women can be second wives, men can be second husbands. It's only hypocritical men that'll support the former and not the latter. And I suspect they'll soon arrive here. If this topic was created for them now, all of their objectivity will fly out the window and you'll start hearing, 'men cannot be XYZ and igbadakodo.'

Ehen. This is an example.

I actually know of a lady who agreed to the polygamy arrangement, with the agreement of the first wife of course.
The couple have been married for some years without a child, so the husband with the consent of his wife married the lady, and within a year, the second wife gave birth to twin boys.
The first wife and the second wife were cool with each other as at then, I don't know about now.

Some people have their reasons for going into such agreement sha.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by toujurs: 4:26pm On Nov 24, 2021
Candidlady:
Please I need a reason why any lady would agree to be a second wife?

Nawa for you oh, you are talking like you don't know whats up,Most women are now commodity, its pay as you go. You pay and i will become yours. I know a guy that is married to a white woman at Germany, and still came down to Nigeria to marry a Nigerian. It's a common thing
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Myexdisturbs: 4:27pm On Nov 24, 2021
SmellySperm:
Nothing bad tho. Most women hate being glued to a man and being the only one available for sex.

I read a story where a woman said she hates too much attention and sex from her hubby. She just wanna live her life and be free
Just a case of one woman u read about has now covered for millions of women worldwide? cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Myexdisturbs: 4:28pm On Nov 24, 2021
Iyaebe:
Well I have aunties who are second and third wives and seems to be enjoying their life since Islam permits it.Some men especially the Muslim men are expert in handling a polygamous home but not all men have that wisdom to maintain a polygamous home, so polygamy isn't for every man even when the religion permits it.Well,I CAN/CAN'T accept polygamy for some secret reasons I won't like to mention here on this toxic forum.
Zzor you don't want to share one dicjkk that's why tongue
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Doubleoo(m): 4:29pm On Nov 24, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

its called AN OPINION...and any one of these women have to the right to think the way they desire. thats what NL is here for, aka to discuss these issues openly (whether male or female, right or wrong).

thats a big assumption dont you think?!

you mean "your" reality, right?!

when you stop viewing these people online for anything else than just another somebody with an opinion, thats when you will understand that whatever anyone does online is irrelevant to your own views. there are many hypocrites out there and ones view shouldnt be a benchmark to this discussion.

Lovely response. I appreciate your submission and humility.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Doubleoo(m): 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Grandmeister:

My family is a polygamous one. My maternal grandma agreed for her husband to marry a second wife even though she had two sons which the husband (ignorantly) thought was too few to maintain his lineage! Long story short the husband himself sent the second wife packing after her unquenching wahala. They took her back after a few years and her wahala still continued till the man have up the ghost! Today both kitchens are in the court fighting for the man's lands..again I say shut da fvck up if you have not personally experienced the bane of poligamy in a home.

grin grin grin

Grandmeister of delusion. No vex. Jebure.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by DemMannaScam: 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
In some parts of the world it is legal for women to marry more than one husband. And it is normal to them...

Also, marrying more than one wife (that you support) is illegal in some parts of the world. It is abnormal to them...

Even gay marriage is legal is some parts of the world, but it is illegal here in nigeria. It is abnormal to us...

People marry according to their desires and what is permitted by their culture, tradition, religion, and the laws of their land.

But One husband with one wife is ideal for the sake of commonsense, dignity and honour.
If men in nigeria cannot share their wives, no nigerian woman should share her husband.

Truvelisback:
It's normal for a man to have 2 or more wives but it's abnormal for a woman to have 2 or more husbands. Polygamy is not a new thing. It had been in the Bible. Men like Abraham, Isaac, Jacob, Esau, Moses, David, Solomon, the husband of Hannah, etc.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Oyin2212(m): 4:31pm On Nov 24, 2021
Magnoliaa:

This is too generic and sweeping and just: this is only how it is and only how it can ever be.

I'm not in a situation like that, so I can't really speak from experience and for people like that, but I'll bet there are women who actually considers that to be a very good value. Asin. According to their core principles, and strong values, being in a marriage to a man who is married to another is what perfectly fits into their agenda and what works for them. For whatever reasons they are getting from it.

Excluding the lies, and pain, and double dating (in the cases where the first wife isn't aware) ... I see no problem with it.

And keep in mind, even monogamous relationships can be devastating and distressing and just stormy.

So are those relationships issue because of the fact that we're with one person or two persons? Or it's the kind of people involved?

Polygamous homes can be as turbulent as monogamous homes. I don't think I'll say one supersedes the other...or is an automatic gateway to happiness. Because hypocrites can be in monogamous marriages. Fking other women other than their wives... and the openly polygamous ones do the same thing BUT with everyone on board. That is, you know what you're getting into with a polygamous man.

cheesy Sha I'm trying to see this here from every angle.

And although, polygamy tend to be used as a disparaging and shaming and patriarchal talking points by most men, which had made it unattractive and distasteful. It's been used as as an avenue for disrespect and all sorts against women. But how about in some societies like in the past, untainted by western and patriarchal ideals, that wholly practice such kind of polygamies? In and of themselves.

IF you CAN do RIGHT by your partners - thenn I'll say goodluck.
Wise sayings I'm shocked this came from you.
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by ume1000: 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2021
Ladycewhy:
so Muslim women get a pass? undecided.

What happens to traditionalists that their religion permit it too? undecided.

And I wonder why the woman is the one being blamed here to begin with, your husband used his money to marry another wife but God forbid you call him out. So the husband is not selfish for hurting his first wife? undecided
what is the meaning of this
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:

Everything!

The man was never and can never be yours.
Says who?

Some white man's religion?

Where Africans not polygamous?
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by 989900: 4:41pm On Nov 24, 2021
Polygamy: having more than one spouse at a time.

Polyandry: having more than one husband at a time.

Polygny: having more than one wife at a time.

Polyamory: having multiple relations while being married (or not married) to one person (often times with consent) . . . it works both ways.

Polyfidelity: a type of polyamory, but limited to a few partners (either one way or both ways).

Nothing new under the sun.

The world is grey.

To each his own.

P.S. if the price (sexual, emotional, FINANCIAL, physical, psychological, mental, societal, etc.) is right, most people would do anything.

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Peace1993: 4:42pm On Nov 24, 2021
Cerebellum:

I'm very sure you'll soon deactivate your account when depression sets in and my daughter won't use her youthful days doing.... Upandana
Just leave her. Dem no dy tell person…..
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by FlipModeSquade(m): 4:43pm On Nov 24, 2021
Grandmeister:

Many families from MONOGAMOUS backgrounds..

Are fighting and killing each other..

Over inheritances..

Many Polygamous families settled their issues amicably and are in peace..

All these people wey dey kill their spouses up and down..

Are they from Polygamous families?

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by murtaj(m): 4:44pm On Nov 24, 2021
Life Life and Life!!! things happen
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mexicanbreed: 4:50pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mariangeles:
Like Regina Daniel

1 Like

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mexicanbreed: 4:51pm On Nov 24, 2021
MrBrownJay1:

- desperation to stay married at all cost
- money
- she has no other option than to accept because she is jobless/pennyless etc
- because she cant take the mental/physical workload to be a wife by herself
- because two is better than one
- because she has already been brainwashed by her hubby
- because it is commonly accepted in African culture
- because she grew up in a polygamous home/family
Is Regina Daniel jobless, is she penniless
Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by AyelalaOo(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2021
Fate is a funny thing, also mysterious, whether you're rich or not, you as a lady can end up being even 3rd wife.
Whether you like it or not, lifetime is unpredictable.
And whether you're smart or not, if you wanna claim wise and self esteem to be first wife, if they will marry more wives on top you, they will.

2 Likes

Re: Why Would A Lady Agree To Be A Second Wife? by Mariangeles(f): 4:53pm On Nov 24, 2021
Mexicanbreed:

Like Regina Daniel

Yes. She was sold by her mother to the highest bidder.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Four Children Died From Severe Heat After They Locked Themselves In A Car / My Ex-Girlfriend Keeps Disturbing My Relationship / Man Wraps His Baby Daughter In His Dreadlocks (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.