Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,707 members, 7,816,907 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family (2391 Views)

Ojukwu On Awo, Zik, Obasanjo, Ahmadu Bello, Fela, Gani & Bianca / Rivers ACN Blast Tinubu For Meeting With Amaechi / Awo Family Without An Awo By Sam Omatseye (The Offensive Article) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by EzeUche1(m): 4:59pm On Jun 09, 2011
Oni, youth group blast Tinubu, ACN over attack on Awo family

FORMER Ekiti State governor, Chief Olusegun Oni, and a group, Yoruba Youths Consultative Forum (YYCF), have tackled former Lagos State governor and chief financier of the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, over Monday’s attack on the late sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo’s family by the Chairman of the Editorial Board of The Nation, Sam Omatseye.

Omatseye, in his column on the back page of the newspaper, had launched a tirade against the matriarch of the family, Yeye Oodua Hannah Idowu Dideolu Awolowo and her children, describing them in uncouth language, which prompted Mama Awolowo to react in a statement yesterday.

But, reacting to the attack in a statement yesterday, Oni appealed to the Awolowo Dynasty, particularly the matriarch, not to bit an eyelid over the “garrulousness of any irresponsible person” against the family.

He added: “No human being, either plucked or grafted or born by a woman, can succeed at demystifying either the Awolowo family or the Awolowo legacy.”

The statement signed by his chief media aide, Wale Ojo-Lanre, added: “The Awolowo Dynasty was planted on an unshakable godly platform of truth, honesty, unalloyed commitment and genuine service to humanity devoid of selfish aggradisement. It is a platform, which no temporary political hurricane, tsunami or tornado stoked by any leadership-seeking irredentist can erode away.” Oni, who described the vitriolic attack on the entire Awolowo family as an insult on the Yoruba nation said: “No one dare ridicule Sir Ahmadu Bello in the North as Sam Omatseye did to Awolowo in The Nation newspaper and expect to be praised.

“We should all look beyond Omatseye, the agent of destruction, but the mastermind, who is desirous of forcing himself into the big shoe of the sage, Chief Obafemi Awolowo.

“Whoever is behind this latest attempt at denigrating the Awolowo family should learn from the fact that those who tried it in the past met their doom at the point of their glory.

“Only an evil and idiotic person who lacked proper home training and is bereft of any historical sense will open his mouth and employ uncouth and rude language to denigrate the Awolowo Dynasty. Whoever does that is on the way to irredeemable perdition and destruction.

“The Awolowo Dynasty is not a business for those who cannot point to their origin to feast on for undue publicity, attention seeking stunts or any blind and bland foolish irredentism.”

The former governor pointed out that those who are engaging “some poor fellow” to denigrate the late sage and by extension ridicule the Yoruba race just to further their political expansionist agenda would give account of their deeds before God someday.

Also yesterday, the YYCF said the incessant sponsored media attack on the Awolowo family by was an insult on the entire Yoruba race, that hold the late sage in a high esteem.

The group said “it is only a Yoruba person, who is a naughty person, that would speak evil against the late sage and his family.”

YYCF, in a statement signed by its Director of Communications, Ayo Olorunsola, warned Tinubu and his “political almajiri” to desist from attacking the Awolowo family or face the wrath of the youth.

The statement says: “Our attention has been drawn to the highly ridiculous and blasphemous article written by The Nation newspaper’s Editorial Board Chairman, Mr. Sam Omatseye etitled; “Awo family without an Awo.

“Though going by the character of the writer and his sponsor, one would have simply ignored the article. But, an attempt by anyone, no matter his or her moral standing, to bring the revered name of Chief Obafemi Awolowo to opprobrium cannot be ignored by any Yoruba person worth his or her birth.

“Most importantly, considering the source, motivator and intention of the article, we cannot keep silent, even when we understand the dilemma of Tinubu and his ilk.

“In their desperation for Yoruba leadership, Tinubu and his political hanger-ons must know that no matter how hard they tried, they cannot equal the achievements of Chief Awolowo and the good name he left behind.

“This is because Awolowo never sought to purchase Yoruba leadership with ill-gotten wealth, using corrupt judges and highly compromised media. The late sage simply became Yoruba leader on merit!

“Therefore, Tinubu and his hatchet writers are warned to desist from disparaging and blackmailing the Awolowo family simply because the family has refused to be conscripted into the ‘Yoruba leadership for sale’ agenda.”

http://www.compassnewspaper.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=7653:oni-youth-group-blast-tinubu-acn-over-attack-on-awo-family&catid=308:headlines&Itemid=600
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 5:00pm On Jun 09, 2011
grin grin grin cheesy

I am a genius! Traditional leaders are next in line. Second and third domino have crashed. Now comes the rainfall.

The group said “it is only a Yoruba person, [size=15pt]who is a naughty person[/size], that would speak evil against the late sage and his family.

YYCF, in a statement signed by its Director of Communications, Ayo Olorunsola, [size=15pt]warned Tinubu and his “political almajiri” [/size]to desist from attacking the Awolowo family or face the wrath of the youth.

Political almajiri, Eko ile and co.hahahahhahahahahha grin grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by EzeUche1(m): 5:08pm On Jun 09, 2011
This is just the beginning. One man in the South-West cannot become powerful. Let us just hope there is not a crisis in the region, that will force other regions to get involved. Is this how an Odua Republic will look like?
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 5:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
EzeUche!:

This is just the beginning. One man in the South-West cannot become powerful. Let us just hope there is not a crisis in the region, that will force other regions to get involved. Is this how an Odua Republic will look like?

Stop wanking to SW issues. We are not divided. We will stop any attempt by someone to cause discord among us, and make himself the king. If we give him way he will soon start doing things we cannot defend. Which has already started. All the same dont get too excited. We have gone off track, but we shall be back very soon.
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by honeric01(m): 5:12pm On Jun 09, 2011
Not now, this is what power causes, it intoxicates and makes you misyarn and mis-step, whoever knows Tinubu should tell him that he sold himself mostly on the odua-yoruba line which was established by this same Awolowo he's trying to rubbish so he can look widely prominent.

Well i trust the Yorubas, they did it to OBJ before, Tinubu was never bigger than Obj so he can be checkmated too.
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Chyz2: 5:14pm On Jun 09, 2011
Things Fall Apart. . . .The funny thing is it is an itsekiri man, Omatseye, disrespecting the family of your god, awolowo. Where Jason321 dey? angry
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by seanet02: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
Thunder Fire Oni and his co henchmen
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Eziachi: 5:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
Its seems troubles in paradise?
The last time I checked we the Igbos were flogged for neglecting the tomb of Nigeria leader Azikiwe.

1 Like

Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Eziachi: 5:19pm On Jun 09, 2011
seanet02:

Thunder Fire Oni and his co henchmen
Thunder fires your own brother? What sort of unity is that among united people?

1 Like

Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 5:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
Eziachi:

What do you expect from Tinubu followers? They are showing their colors. Very uncultured set of people. Area boys generally behave this way. A dog follows its master.
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Eziachi: 5:22pm On Jun 09, 2011
Chyz*:

Things Fall Apart. . . .The funny thing is it is an itsekiri man, Omatseye, disrespecting the family of your god, awolowo. Where Jason321 dey? angry
Don't you know that Itshekiris are Yorubas in exile? grin grin
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by EzeUche1(m): 5:23pm On Jun 09, 2011
There is fire on the mountain and nobody seems to be on the run. Oh there is fire on the mountain top. grin
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by seanet02: 5:28pm On Jun 09, 2011
Eziachi:

I wonder the type of prayers you have for the Uba Bothers in Igboland?
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by seanet02: 5:30pm On Jun 09, 2011
2mch:

[s]Political Almajiri, anyone that is not ACN is PDP? ANPP nko? APGA? Accord? LP? Have you ever thought that there are independents. Oh you are a political almajiri. You bettter realise Yoruba's generally fall into the independent line. Not everyone will die where they see money. At the cost of your children, you will kill yourself for N500[/s]
Thrash!! I will never support a Woman who endorsed OGD!!
Layelaye
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by aljharem3: 5:32pm On Jun 09, 2011
EzeUche!:

don't be stu.pid
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 5:33pm On Jun 09, 2011
seanet02:

Thrash!! I will never support a Woman who endorsed OGD!!
Layelaye

We have been over this ACN lie. It was obvious that OGD's press secretary wrote the praise and Tribune carried the story. Why is Tinubu trying to dictate to the Tribune what to publish? Who made him king? Who gave him the rights of a dictator? My friend dont let me call you a political almajiri again. You seem like one of the more intelligent ones, that knows the truth but is just trying to save face since being caught in a lie. DId you people truly underestimate Yoruba's? That voting for ACN made Tinubu something? LOL!!!
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Chyz2: 5:37pm On Jun 09, 2011
Eziachi:

They are better off in exile. grin
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Eziachi: 5:38pm On Jun 09, 2011
honeric01:

Not now, this is what power causes, it intoxicates and makes you misyarn and mis-step, whoever knows Tinubu should tell him that he sold himself mostly on the odua-yoruba line which was established by this same Awolowo he's trying to rubbish to look widely prominent.

Well i trust the Yorubas, they did it to OBJ before, Tinubu was never bigger than Obj so he can be checkmated too.

What are you smoking comparing OBJ with Asiwaju of Yoruba land that delivered the oppressed people from the clutches of OBJ's Nigeria?

All he want now is this people that calls themselves Awolowo just because of a simple DNA in them but still hobnobs with the likes of Akala to comoth for road. The real Awoist are coming.
The Ikenne matriarch, are you sure she was the one blowing all that many pages of grammar at the age of 95 or was it OGD's hand writing? How dare she say OBJ is a good example? What would Papa say?

Never mind Tinubu, you should worry about General Mimiko who is busy building his own personal empire in Ondo, he is neither heavens nor earthly bird.
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Eziachi: 5:43pm On Jun 09, 2011
seanet02:

I wonder the type of prayers you have for the Uba Bothers in Igboland?
Good question, as we never claimed to be united, that is why you now looks pathetic before us because of you and brothers conctant singing of disunity of others, while paints yourself as the bread/butter of a united nation. Trouble in paradise!

1 Like

Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by EzeUche1(m): 5:48pm On Jun 09, 2011
Eziachi:

Good question, as we never claimed to be united, that is why you now looks pathetic before us because of you and brothers conctant singing of disunity of others, while paints yourself as the bread/butter of a united nation. Trouble in paradise!

That is their problem. They refuse to look in the mirror.  undecided
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 5:49pm On Jun 09, 2011
Eziachi:

What are you smoking comparing OBJ with Asiwaju of Yoruba land that delivered the oppressed people from the clutches of OBJ's Nigeria?

All he want now is this people that calls themselves Awolowo just because of simple a DNA in them but hobnobs with the likes of Akala to comoth for road. The real Awoist are coming.
The Ikenne matriarch, are sure she was the one blowing all that many pages of grammar at the age of 95 or was it OGD's hand writing? How dare she say OBJ is a good example? What would Papa say?

Never mind Tinubu, you should worry about General Mimiko who is busy building his own personal empire in Ondo, he is neither heavens nor earthly bird.

Adviser in chief, you can give the same advise to Abia state. The Kalu family are gods. Not so? It is an internal problem we are trying to solve.
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by EzeUche1(m): 5:52pm On Jun 09, 2011
2mch:

Adviser in chief, you can give the same advise to Abia state. The Kalu family are gods. Not so? It is an internal problem we are trying to solve.

What are you talking about?
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Eziachi: 5:57pm On Jun 09, 2011
2mch:

So you now believe that internal problem are better solved internally and not by outsiders?
Probably that is your lonely ideology, because your Yoruba brothers here on NL are all experts on Igbo affairs whether its internal or otherwise.

Mind you I wasn't offering you and the Odua nation any advise, just that the current event has put a big hole on the united nation of yorubaland we were been force fed on a daily basis by your brothers.

Can you blame us asking why trouble in paradise?

1 Like

Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by seanet02: 6:00pm On Jun 09, 2011
2mch:

We have been over this ACN lie. It was obvious that OGD's press secretary wrote the praise and Tribune carried the story. [s]Why is Tinubu trying to dictate to the Tribune what to publish?[/s] Who made him king? Who gave him the rights of a dictator? My friend dont let me call you a political almajiri again. You seem like one of the more intelligent ones, that knows the truth but is just trying to save face since being caught in a lie. DId you people truly underestimate Yoruba's? That voting for ACN made Tinubu something? LOL!!!
And you Know Mama HID whom Awo will be very angry at can not dictate what The Nation should publish hum?
EzeUche!:

That is their problem. They refuse to look in the mirror.  undecided
Case of Using Paracetamol for another man headache
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 6:01pm On Jun 09, 2011
Eziachi:

So you now believe that internal problem are better solved internally and not by outsiders?
Probably that is your lonely ideology, because your Yoruba brothers here on NL are all experts on Igbo affairs whether its internal or otherwise.

Mind you I wasn't offering you and the Odua nation any advise, just that the current event has put a big hole on the united nation of yorubaland we were been force fed on a daily basis by your brothers.

Can you blame us asking why trouble in paradise?

Same way Igbo's gloat too. But it is a bit hypocritical to give advise where you have the same problems. It is like laughing at yourself. You have andy Uba and Kalu actually. So that angle is not where you can easily make jokes and get away. Tinubu messed up and that is that. He has been making some questionable decisions and he needs to be held accountable.
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 6:02pm On Jun 09, 2011
seanet02:

And you Know Mama HID whom Awo will be very angry at can not dictate what The Nation should publish hum?Case of Using Paracetamol for another man headache

I dont think Mama HID and a lot of people knew the Nation existed before this verbal diarrhea by them. It is in insignificant newspaper looking for audience and some political power. No, neither Awo nor HID would have supported most of the people that make up of ACN today.
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by jason123: 6:08pm On Jun 09, 2011
Chyz*:

I am here, so what is the issue The article can could have been written by anyone. It just happens to be an itsekiri man.

Eziachi:

Exactly! The same with Aniomas! cheesy

Chyz*:

They are better off in exile. grin
You are so daf.t! I have seen all the trash you have been writing on vanguard. I mean, don't you have something better to do? You once told me you were from the SE, all of a sudden, sometime this year, you started saying you are from Delta. What an A55!

Offtopic: Because of my respect for some Igbo posters, I will not degrade myself and disrespect Ndigbo. Insult the SW, Tinubu and whoever. But please do not insult Awolowo. My parents benefited from his policies. Most, if not all Mid-westerners also benefited from his policies. Without God using Awo, my parents might not be where they are today, hence, I respect the man!
Thank you!
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by seanet02: 6:11pm On Jun 09, 2011
2mch:

I dont think Mama HID and a lot of people knew the Nation existed before this verbal diarrhea by them. It is in insignificant newspaper looking for audience and some political power. No, neither Awo nor HID would have supported most of the people that make up of ACN today.
And PDP men like OGD are the best to support?
I laugh in 2mch language
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Eziachi: 6:13pm On Jun 09, 2011
2mch:

Same way Igbo's gloat too. But it is a bit hypocritical to give advise where you have the same problems. It is like laughing at yourself. You have andy Uba and Kalu actually. So that angle is not where you can easily make jokes and get away. Tinubu messed up and that is that. He has been making some questionable decisions and he needs to be held accountable.
I hate repeating myself. Yes we Igbo can laugh at ourselves because we are told everyday by your people that we are divided while you are united, we are use to being disunited.

The only person that comes very close to Awo's saintly statu in Igboland is our IKEMBA, but still we say what we like to him, but when we saw a 95 years old widow of that saint in the middle of a football match by those claiing to be his apostles, we are appalled.

So I don't know what you are on about Uba/Kalu, who was the Igbo saint leader both insulted? Or you don't know what we are talking about?

1 Like

Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 6:15pm On Jun 09, 2011
seanet02:

And PDP men like OGD are the best to support?
I laugh in 2mch language

You keep repeating this ACN lie. Tribune carried the story in its newspapers, OGD's press secretery wrote the article. Seriously, ACN clearly has a problem. We have a democratic country, and people are free to publish what they want to. And if it is news worthy they will publish it, their aim is to make money as a business. Much like the Nation that is a propaganda tool, borne out of corruption and theft. Which is more noble. Please, watch where you point fingers. Thank you. Off to do things more constructive that discussing a lie 10 times over. Good day. Its a nice day in Lagos. grin cheesy
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by 2mch(m): 6:17pm On Jun 09, 2011
Eziachi:

I hate repeating myself. Yes we Igbo can laugh at ourselves because we are told everyday by your people that we are divided while you are united, we are use to being disunited.

The only person that comes very close to Awo's saintly statu in Igboland is our IKEMBA, but still we say what we like to him, but when we saw a 95 years old widow of that saint in the middle of a football match by those claiing to be his apostles, we are appalled.

So I don't know what you are on about Uba/Kalu, who was the Igbo saint leader both insulted? Or you don't know what we are talking about?

It is not about what you like or hate. Fact is you have the same problems. Even worse. At least we are doing something about it, and you should take a cue. You are only laughing at yourselves and going back home to wallow in the same issues.
Re: Oni, Youth Group Blast Tinubu, ACN Over Attack On Awo Family by Eziachi: 6:20pm On Jun 09, 2011
jason123:

I am here, so what is the issue The article can could have been written by anyone. It just happens to be an itsekiri man.
Exactly! The same with Aniomas! cheesy
grin grin
Damn right, some Aniomas were once in exile and has repented of their after the war Igboness denial and we have accepted back the prodigal children.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Is Cursed With Very Bad Leaders ––obasanjo Explodes; Mentions Names / Bogus Bribery Allegations: APC Supporters And Their Hypocrisy / Metuh Fears Arrest, Declines To Produce Daura’s APC Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.