Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,684 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? (2356 Views)

Poll: Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage?

Inlaws: 70% (22 votes)
Exes: 29% (9 votes)
This poll has ended

The Reason why wives feel reluctant to host their inlaws / My Fiance Asked Me To Choose: House Or Marriage? / Should Married Individuals Keep In Touch With Exes? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by Phate07(m): 10:10am On Jun 10, 2011
Inlaws or Exes? Which is the bigger threat to a relationship or marriage?
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by iyatrustee(f): 10:21am On Jun 10, 2011
which kind kweshun be dis? i think an in-law is a bigger threat cos an ex can only go as far as you allow them

1 Like

Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by Dyt(f): 10:28am On Jun 10, 2011
Well well well
seein frm movies
i think both bt Inlaws cld b worse yh
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by Phate07(m): 10:45am On Jun 10, 2011
Inlaws! undecided
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by Fhemmmy: 1:46pm On Jun 10, 2011
I think they could both be of equal threat, depending on the situation and condition surrounding it all:
Scenario 1:
A man is married to a woman with a past and some of the past is so bad, that even the man know no much about it, the woman never even ended a relationship with the last boyfriend and just met a kool dude with some money and got married . . . what do yo think would happen when one day, faith brings the woman with her husband across such ex?

Scenario 2:
A man with a possessive Mother or sister married to a nice lady and unfortunately, she could not have a child . . . imagine what would happen, if the husband is yet to untie his umbilical from Mama?

So i think they are just as dangerous
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by Wumine(f): 11:52am On Jun 11, 2011
Inlaws! Like WTF!! Pökìñg their nose in what isn't their business
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by SU2011: 12:44pm On Jun 11, 2011
I know some inlaws can be a lot of trouble but its unfair to say its none of their business. How can you have lived and shared life with someone for like 30yrs and then you just walk away just because he fell in love and got married to one lady. The expectation is unrealistic.
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Jun 11, 2011
judging from movies, in-laws especially if the husband or wife is a mummy's boy or girl, i can understand them wanting to be there for the child and the family but there's a limit.
SU2011:

I know some inlaws can be a lot of trouble but its unfair to say its none of their business. How can you have lived and shared life with someone for like 30yrs and then you just walk away just because he fell in love and got married to one lady. The expectation is unrealistic.
There has to be a limit. They can't just be poking their noses in every SINGLE family situation simply because he or she is their son, daughter, sister or brother. It's not right as it isn't their immediate family anymore.

1 Like

Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by emmatok(m): 1:54pm On Jun 11, 2011
Women hate in-laws shit !!!
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by FlyboyZee: 2:06pm On Jun 11, 2011
Exes can be a pain in the Axss. Especially if they keep calling up your partner at odd hours and if both of them (your partner and the ex haven't gotten over their relationship before you stepped in). I beleive they can however be controlled if your partner or you really wants to.

But as for In-Laws, Well! hhmm, I reserve my comments.

1 Like

Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by MMM2(m): 4:48pm On Jun 11, 2011
ex angry
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by oneuniquemind(m): 5:10pm On Jun 11, 2011
Inlaws re.exes can alwes G2H
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by Blazay(m): 5:50pm On Jun 11, 2011
Neither.
Both are well contained. cool
No voting necessary.
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by sotit: 6:22pm On Jun 11, 2011
Ex because you do not live with in - law. But a an ex who found it difficult to move on might wreck havoc. Sometimes an injunction might be neede to get rid of them
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by dominique(f): 10:26pm On Jun 11, 2011
inlawa inlaws inlaws, the atmosphere is always tense and choked up whenever they're around angry angry angry
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by ifyalways(f): 1:22am On Jun 12, 2011
Personaly,None.

In general,ex's for relationships,In-laws for marriage.
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by bknight: 3:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
whichever u hv softspot for.but inlaws ur spouse hasnt outgrown? U berra start living on ur rooftop, except u stil luv d ex (or stil think her betta dan whom u married) an ex is insignificant to wat a squad of half brained, sharp mouthed, FSLC holder, unemployed eat-a-lot monsters of inlaws u have in ur bedroom easily working tru ur spouse's mind can do 2 u
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jun 12, 2011
I'd say in-laws are the greatest threat to any marriage. I don't keep in-laws too close. Give them an inch, they'll take a mile.
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by iice(f): 3:01am On Jun 13, 2011
Siena:

I'd say in-laws are the greatest threat to any marriage. I don't keep in-laws too close. Give them an inch, they'll take a mile.

For real ooo. Like pack of hyenas.
Re: Inlaws Or Exes? Which Is The Bigger Threat To A Relationship Or Marriage? by babyme1(f): 2:04pm On Jun 13, 2011
In-laws

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Idowuogbo ??? / Love Is Dead! I Attended The Funeral Service Last Weekend!!! / A Married Lady Having Serious Issues With Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.