Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,129 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1122996 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 6:16pm On Aug 05, 2015
Chukz1010:
Please house, can anyone help me out. I want to pay for an evaluation report in USA and I don't have dollar account. Please, how do I go about it? And at what rate would they charge comparing naira to dollar. The evaluation website stated Visa and Mastercard... I don't know how to go about it. Please! Somebody help clarify these questions. Thanks.

Go back to that evaluation website with your Naira MasterCard or Visa card you got from your bank here and make the payment with your Naira.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by arbitrage: 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2015
GTBank charged me N229 last week but Union charged N239.33 today on my card usage.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ty207: 8:06pm On Aug 05, 2015
I just sold dollar @ 210 in my area lagos
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 8:41pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ty207:
lubbish and blatant lie.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 11:30pm On Aug 05, 2015
Ty207:

U DON SELL NONENSE, Y U COME DEY TELL US NI

NONSENSE
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Chukz1010: 5:22am On Aug 06, 2015
arbitrage:

Go back to that evaluation website with your Naira MasterCard or Visa card you got from your bank here and make the payment with your Naira.
Thanks so much. Do I need to activate detail from my bank or I should just proceed like that. Someone told me it's only dollar acc that could be used for such transaction. I appreciate your concern bro.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Chukz1010: 5:24am On Aug 06, 2015
arbitrage:
GTBank charged me N229 last week but Union charged N239.33 today on my card usage.
like how much will Zenith charge?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 5:34am On Aug 06, 2015
Nigeria's neighbours will be invade our FOREX and buy off dollars, with this new CBN directive, because Naira may appreciate again.

The only solution is to devalue the Naira and it will discourage the foreigners.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ty207: 7:05am On Aug 06, 2015
makzeze:
lubbish and blatant lie.

dude stop calling me a lair okay...i sold $300 yesterday at 210.....i have no access to internet then.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 7:39am On Aug 06, 2015
Ty207:

dude stop calling me a lair okay...i sold $300 yesterday at 210.....i have no access to internet then.
sorry, so u mean u are cheated because you used your head and auctioned ur dollars. issoryt.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 7:42am On Aug 06, 2015
makzeze:
sorry, so u mean u are cheated because you used your head and auctioned ur dollars. issoryt.

Abeg free that guy.. im don waste money and his coming her. To. Be prouding

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by U1(m): 8:10am On Aug 06, 2015
With all these high rates flying around here, I find it very hard to believe that these Nigerian banks process USD-denominated card withdrawals at about N180 to N186 per dollar. This is daylight robbery!!! shocked

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by FBS: 9:03am On Aug 06, 2015
U1:
With all these high rates flying around here, I find it very hard to believe that these Nigerian banks process USD-denominated card withdrawals at about N180 to N186 per dollar. This is daylight robbery!!! shocked
im telling you mehn. That's what it is.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ty207: 10:23pm On Aug 06, 2015
makzeze:

Exactly my point

david22uu:
Abeg free that guy.. im don waste money and his coming her. To. Be prouding
proud of what? they tell you say na my papa be dangote? dude use your head to think not your nose okay
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 3:37am On Aug 08, 2015
Ty207:

proud of what? they tell you say na my papa be dangote? dude use your head to think not your nose okay

OWK NOSTED>>>NEXT HUMAN BEING SHLD COMMENT....
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Chukz1010: 6:44am On Aug 08, 2015
Please house, who has idea of how much dollar is sold as of yesterday? 7th of August?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by dadaja2004: 7:10am On Aug 08, 2015
Have u ever thought of earning extra income without stress? Call or whatsapp me as i show u how u can raise 30k in 3weeks with just 2500. raise 400k within 1month with just 12k and raise 1.6million with just 4k in 6months. No buying No selling. Hurry while offer last. 08095094932.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 7:29am On Aug 08, 2015
Chukz1010:
Please house, who has idea of how much dollar is sold as of yesterday? 7th of August?

Closed @ 224.5
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by DENZELV(m): 2:48am On Aug 09, 2015
CANT I PAY FOR MY GOODS TO CHINA WITH PAYPAL...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by aboki2000(m): 4:17am On Aug 09, 2015
dadaja2004:
Have u ever thought of earning extra income without stress? Call or whatsapp me as i show u how u can raise 30k in 3weeks with just 2500. raise 400k within 1month with just 12k and raise 1.6million with just 4k in 6months. No buying No selling. Hurry while offer last. 08095094932.

Scam alert ... tongue
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by modath(f): 9:33am On Aug 09, 2015
Any truth to the rumour that ALL internationally wired USD to a Nigerian DORM bank account will automatically be converted to naira??

cc ; makzeze , mavinc4u ; stanley08
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by david22uu(m): 10:12am On Aug 09, 2015
modath:

Any truth to the rumour that ALL internationally wired USD to a Nigerian DORM bank account will automatically be converted to naira??

you have two options to do with them, either you sell it to people who will wire it out (inflow) or u convert it to naira
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 10:16am On Aug 09, 2015
modath:

Yes, you can only withdraw in Naira while in Nigeria.

Simple question: can you go to a bank in US or England and withdraw in Naira? I dont think so.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by mavinc4u(f): 10:54am On Aug 09, 2015
modath:

You have 2 options to withdraw, either in naira or dollar but if you choose to withdraw in dollar who would buy it from you.

Meanwhile, another news is that the maximum daily limit withdrawal for any transactions is now $300 be it POS, online or ATM.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by stagger: 11:43am On Aug 09, 2015
makzeze:
Yes, you can only withdraw in Naira.

Simple question: can you go to a bank in US or England and withdraw in Naira? I dont think so.

Lies upon lies. I doubt if this fellow even owns a Dom ac.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by makzeze: 11:49am On Aug 09, 2015
stagger:

Lies upon lies. I doubt if this fellow even owns a Dom ac.
then tell us your own.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 11:53am On Aug 09, 2015
mavinc4u:

You have 2 options to withdraw, either in naira or dollar but if you choose to withdraw in dollar who would buy it from you.

Meanwhile, another news is that the maximum daily limit withdrawal for any transactions is now $300 be it POS, online or ATM.

What do you mean by who'll buy it from you....can't he sell it to them abokis at BDC?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by modath(f): 11:54am On Aug 09, 2015
makzeze:
Yes, you can only withdraw in Naira.

Simple question: can you go to a bank in US or England and withdraw in Naira ? I dont think so.

The tone is a bit judgemental sad & to answer you, US & UK banks have never allowed such so....

david22uu:

you have two options to do with them, either you sell it to people who will wire it out (inflow) or u convert it to naira

I do not want to sell, i want to leave it in the acct till further notice incase the price of crude oil refuses to come of its present home in the dungeon & the govt decides to stop giving USD as PTA.

Moreover, its not up to commercial quantity, its just a bit above 5k+ change...

mavinc4u:

I'm not selling cos i got it above the banks' 197-200 buy rate ..... I already have the money, i over prepared for my plans here & the stanbic card i brought with me ensured i didn't spend much of my cash.....

From my understanding, its 300$ across ALL platforms, so its most likely 900$... will do an experiment today, take whatever 60k ( don't think that's up to 300$, even at STANBIC's unbeatable 207) can give me from the ATM & still try & buy stuff that will exceed 200$ & see..

Will report my findings as soon as I'm done.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by stagger: 12:16pm On Aug 09, 2015
makzeze:
then tell us your own.

My friend, if you have a domiciliary account, you will be paid in foreign currency for each withdrawal. I have operated one for years and I have NEVER been paid in Naira. Not once. I will even transact tomorrow.

Get your facts straight and stop confusing newbies here.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 12:27pm On Aug 09, 2015
modath:

The tone is a bit judgemental sad & to answer you, US & UK banks have never allowed such so....

I do not want to sell, i want to leave it in the acct till further notice incase the price of crude oil refuses to come of its present home in the dungeon & the govt decides to stop giving USD as PTA.

Moreover, its not up to commercial quantity, its just a bit above 5k+ change...

I'm not selling cos i got it above the banks' 197-200 buy rate ..... I already have the money, i over prepared for my plans here & the stanbic card i brought with me ensured i didn't spend much of my cash.....

From my understanding, its 300$ across ALL platforms, so its most likely 900$... will do an experiment today, take whatever 60k ( don't think that's up to 300$, even at STANBIC's unbeatable 207) can give me from the ATM & still try & buy stuff that will exceed 200$ & see..

Will report my findings as soon as I'm done.

You mean Stanbic's conversion is 207? That's fantastic!
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by modath(f): 12:31pm On Aug 09, 2015
drlawizle:

You mean Stanbic's conversion is 207? That's fantastic!

It was 199.5 for months before it was reviewed upwards on monday... i love that bank smiley

@stagger,

Kindly report your findings so i can know if i should still effect the wire transfer... thx.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 12:36pm On Aug 09, 2015
modath:

It was 199.5 for months before it was reviewed upwards on monday... i love that bank smiley

@stagger,

Kindly report your findings so i can know if i should still effect the wire transfer... thx.

And GTBank dey charge like 229..their father!

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.