Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,152 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:00 PM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1124004 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 10:23am On Jul 25, 2016
sterling now #362.373/$
Stanbic #350/$
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Eghosa1(m): 10:32am On Jul 25, 2016
Bookiemart01:
sterling now #362.373/$
Stanbic #350/$

Are you serious? shocked shocked

Recession is here.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 25, 2016
Bookiemart01:
sterling now #362.373/$
Stanbic #350/$

I hope stanbic will not come back to charge weekends completed transactions again at 350
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BizBloke(m): 11:05am On Jul 25, 2016
tumababa:

I hope stanbic will not come back to charge weekends completed transactions again at 350

It's the folks that leave them to do that. You debit at N310/$ or so then come later to backdate a transaction with extra charges? That doesn't fly anywhere.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 11:07am On Jul 25, 2016
BizBloke:

It's the folks that leave them to do that. You debit at N310/$ or so then come later to backdate a transaction with extra charges? That doesn't fly anywhere.

It flies so high in naija

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BizBloke(m): 11:18am On Jul 25, 2016
tumababa:

Yes, it flies so high when - and because - people resign themselves to taking the wrong deduction as being right/legal.

You don't buy biscuit for N10 today, eat it and then, the owner of the kiosk/supermarket comes tomorrow to ask for N10 balance because she bought a new carton/pack of biscuits at N16.50/biscuit some days later.
grin

4 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2016
I do not think they will because I was 1st told 310 only for them to tweet back at me within 2 minutes that it's 350 for tody...they are sorry for any inconveniences and blahblahblah

tumababa:

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bdavis: 11:30am On Jul 25, 2016
BizBloke:

Yes, it flies so high when - and because - people resign themselves to taking the wrong deduction as being right/legal.

You don't buy biscuit for N10 today, eat it and then, the owner of the kiosk/supermarket comes tomorrow to ask for N10 balance because she bought a new carton/pack of biscuits at N16.50/biscuit some days later.
grin

3 gbosa for you! 9jas ar used to complaining without taking action...when it comes to taking action, you'll start hearing: this is naija jare, I don't have time, blah blah blah...

tumababa:

....simply because we allow it.

GTBANK did it and got away with it in some instances...most instances, so stanbic is now following suit and apparently would be getting away with it in some instances, because I already hear some people saying: its just 28k that is affected...at least I made some good money whilst the run lasted, so it's just a part of my profit.

Soon another bank would take the same script, dust it up and play it again.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BizBloke(m): 12:02pm On Jul 25, 2016
bdavis:

3 gbosa for you! 9jas ar used to complaining without taking action...when it comes to taking action, you'll start hearing: this is naija jare, I don't have time, blah blah blah...

....simply because we allow it.

GTBANK did it and got away with it in some instances...most instances, so stanbic is now following suit and apparently would be getting away with it in some instances, because I already hear some people saying: its just 28k that is affected...at least I made some good money whilst the run lasted, so it's just a part of my profit.

Soon another bank would take the same script, dust it up and play it again.

You captured my thoughts in two paragraphs. I remember a time when you make transactions and they always come back at lower rates if - and when - refunded. I thought they had the backing of the CBN and it was the right thing to do.

Transferred the crap model into my business because I do make payments and get lower rates when refunded until an incident played out and I realized, "Shi*t, these guys were profiting abnormally," and I'm about to take a fall for them whilst defending 'em. So if someone says "it's just 28k," how convenient - for that person; someone who really does the financial sheet/profit and loss statement will hardly say that. Even if it's N1,000, I'll take it back and rather dash it out to someone else. It's not exactly about the money in most cases but the means via which it was taken.

If na calabash you keep your money, calabash no fit deduct your money one day come dey tell you sour gist upandan.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 25, 2016
Bookiemart01:
I do not think they will because I was 1st told 310 only for them to tweet back at me within 2 minutes that it's 350 for tody...they are sorry for any inconveniences and blahblahblah

I did a 5.1$ transaction on Saturday, money was put on hold at ₦ 310 rate. Just got alert at 350 rate.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 12:30pm On Jul 25, 2016
tumababa:

I did a 5.1$ transaction on Saturday, money was put on hold at ₦ 310 rate. Just got alert at 350 rate.
grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 12:35pm On Jul 25, 2016
Oh my!!!
This is slightly different from the ongoingg issues people of with them though. They didnt send you a DR notification during the weekend, they just did

tumababa:

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by methodman(m): 1:06pm On Jul 25, 2016
tumababa:

I did a transaction with them on Saturday too and i got debited this morning at the rate of ₦310 ...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 25, 2016
methodman:
I did a transaction with them on Saturday too and i got debited this morning at the rate of ₦310 ...

i also did a 180$ deal on saturday, got debited at 310 this morning.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by bdavis: 7:19pm On Jul 25, 2016
!
BizBloke:

You captured my thoughts in two paragraphs. I remember a time when you make transactions and they always come back at lower rates if - and when - refunded. I thought they had the backing of the CBN and it was the right thing to do.

Transferred the crap model into my business because I do make payments and get lower rates when refunded until an incident played out and I realized, "Shi*t, these guys were profiting abnormally," and I'm about to take a fall for them whilst defending 'em. So if someone says "it's just 28k," how convenient - for that person; someone who really does the financial sheet/profit and loss statement will hardly say that. Even if it's N1,000, I'll take it back and rather dash it out to someone else. It's not exactly about the money in most cases but the means via which it was taken.

If na calabash you keep your money, calabash no fit deduct your money one day come dey tell you sour gist upandan.

That's what I always tell peeps: its not about the money but the principle behind it...me even if na 1naira, dey gats2refund...maybe that's a spill over of growing up in a home where both parents were bankers...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by somcherry(f): 8:57pm On Jul 25, 2016
I want to buy some things on aliexpress.

Which of these banks currently charges the less for USD?

Diamond,UBA or First bank?

Urgent reply please.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 25, 2016
somcherry:
I want to buy some things on aliexpress.

Which of these banks currently charges the less for USD?

Diamond,UBA or First bank?

Urgent reply please.

use paypal to test their rates, u will be refunded

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AleAirHub(m): 11:49am On Jul 26, 2016
Gunbiz:

use paypal to test their rates, u will be refunded

Brilliant
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BizBloke(m): 12:06pm On Jul 26, 2016
bdavis:
!

That's what I always tell peeps: its not about the money but the principle behind it...me even if na 1naira, dey gats2refund...maybe that's a spill over of growing up in a home where both parents were bankers...

'Free' financial literacy. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BoboFashion(m): 5:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
I bought 370 this evening (black market).
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ihavespoken: 7:16pm On Jul 26, 2016
Good, I can't wait for dollar to hit N700 so I can exchange my $200,000.

It will gradually get there grin

BoboFashion:

I bought 370 this evening (black market).
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AleAirHub(m): 9:07pm On Jul 26, 2016
Ihavespoken:

mine is $50,000 chilling and waiting to exchange it 300%...
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lawofeso: 2:04am On Jul 27, 2016
I sold dollars for 340 naira to a dollar
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by flowjoe: 2:12am On Jul 27, 2016
Ihavespoken:

God forbid,haba oga we won't get der IJN! cheesy

6 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 8:00am On Jul 27, 2016
And you guys will also be buying commodities @ 450% of whatever it is you are buying now

Have you heard of hyperinflation? Your # by tthen will be at per with former Ghanian Cedi. Remember Ghanians once bought 1 loaf of bread for 2 million cedis?

#BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor

Ihavespoken:

AleAirHub:

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AleAirHub(m): 8:06am On Jul 27, 2016
Bookiemart01:
And you guys will also be buying commodities @ 450% of whatever it is you are buying now

Have you heard of hyperinflation? Your # by tthen will be at per with former Ghanian Cedi. Remember Ghanians once bought 1 loaf of bread for 2 million cedis?

#BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor

Hmmmm.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by BizBloke(m): 9:50am On Jul 27, 2016
shemano:
Hello, my name is Oluwaseun and based in
Ibadan there is this money making business that
would really be of help to to my Fellow citizens
especially considering the fact that the economy
is not good and the unemployment rate is at all
time high. As much as I would like to put the
details of this business here, I have to follow the
nairaland guidelines but you can chat me up on
whatsapp at 08159501065
[b][/b].

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Ihavespoken: 11:10am On Jul 27, 2016
That's some serious money to be made there.

From the suggestions, I think they mean we should exchange some and keep some, In that case I will only exchange $50K at N700 hopefully by this dec 2016.

Then by March 2017 $1 = N1000, we can exchange the rest then turning over huge profits.

I think we are in for mega money grin

#Changi

AleAirHub:

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AleAirHub(m): 11:54am On Jul 27, 2016
Bookiemart01:

#BeCarefulWhatYouWishFor

Ihavespoken:
That's some serious money to be made there.

From the suggestions, I think they mean we should exchange some and keep some, In that case I will only exchange $50K at N700 hopefully by this dec 2016.

Then by March 2017 $1 = N1000, we can exchange the rest then turning over huge profits.

I think we are in for mega money grin

#Changi

Seriously.... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.
One thing is guaranty for sure that dollar will never come down to N1 and am not afraid if commodities will shotup because i already got a plan to a level of ABCD that will help me out....

@Ihavespoken enjoy your CHANGE WHILE IT LAST cool cool cool

@Bookiemart01 don't worry ma , i already got a plan on how to minimize & use my appreciating CHANGE because am apostle of Diversity.... smiley smiley smiley.

Bravo!!!.

Bravo
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Humblega(m): 12:33pm On Jul 27, 2016
Any info about Access bank current $ card rates and there limits.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Mariesio: 1:57pm On Jul 27, 2016
Humblega:
Any info about Access bank current $ card rates and there limits.

N340/$, no idea of the limit

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.