Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,794 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:51 AM

How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? - Business (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? (1123926 Views)

Naira Appreciates Against The Dollar / How Much Did You Exchange The Pound For Today? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (362) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 2:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Maybe the government wants us to start producing cars too cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gunbiz:

you r right, cotonou is finding it hard 2 bring in cars here
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Singapore1(m): 2:29pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bookiemart01:
True
I guess the game plan is actually to frustrate importation but it's not possible for any country to stop importation altogether...China also imports

What the government should focus on is enabling environment for production..if electricity continues to be epileptic, we aint going produce nothing...Nigeria will only end up producing more agricultural products without us processing them. We'll only repeat what played out in crude oil (export raw agricultural products, import finished goods)

mathematically china dont import again ( the only country that dont import )
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 2:40pm On Aug 20, 2016
Elucidate please

Singapore1:
mathematically china dont import again ( the only country that dont import )

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Singapore1(m): 2:52pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Elucidate please

copper plastic crude oil

I was watching CCTV news last week where they were talking about China economy, their importation port was shown and everywhere look deserted ( what am I even saying, everywhere is deserted)
The only thing China import now are

Copper alloy
Plastic
Crude ( all in raw form)

And by 2020 according to research they won't have to import anything again ( that is if they are maintaining this momentum)
Even the almighty crude oil will be useless ( solar energy, nuclear energy and electric energy are taking over)

3 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by onatisi(m): 5:08pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bookiemart01:
True
I guess the game plan is actually to frustrate importation but it's not possible for any country to stop importation altogether...China also imports

What the government should focus on is enabling environment for production..if electricity continues to be epileptic, we aint going produce nothing...Nigeria will only end up producing more agricultural products without us processing them. We'll only repeat what played out in crude oil (export raw agricultural products, import finished goods)

There wasn't any game plan,apc and buhari never had a single plan,all they they wanted was power.
Secondly no one that supported buhari ever planned or thought he will be so clueless as to make the silly comments he made which actually stoked the embers of hostilities in the Niger delta ,no one ever planned or saw that the Niger delta militants will start destroying pipe lines. So everything that is happening is absolutely beyond the intelligent comprehension of buhari.
The truth is importation will decrease and the ones who are imported will be priced beyond the reach of the average Nigerian because the FG wont increase salaries now.

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by onatisi(m): 5:13pm On Aug 20, 2016
Gunbiz:

you r right, cotonou is finding it hard 2 bring in cars here
The truth is the best thing now is to think what one can do or sell to get forex,by the time the rate reaches 440-450 no one will bother importing anything again
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Maybe the government wants us to start producing cars too cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

but we do in anambra state
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Singapore1 abeg look ds page 4rm head 2 toe

www.nairaland.com/68738/how-much-did-exchange-dollar/248

u go c wetin i tell u
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
onatisi:

The truth is the best thing now is to think what one can do or sell to get forex,by the time the rate reaches 440-450 no one will bother importing anything again

that rate is nt far and it will reach b4 d end of next month
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 7:12pm On Aug 20, 2016
Innoson? How many you don buy? Those cars are new and expensive jare.....people will rather buy "tokunbo"

Una get that one for Enugu too tongue

Gunbiz:

but we do in anambra state
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 7:14pm On Aug 20, 2016
Oh I see..
Thanks for this

Singapore1:
copper plastic crude oil

I was watching CCTV news last week where they were talking about China economy, their importation port was shown and everywhere look deserted ( what am I even saying, everywhere is deserted)

Copper alloy
Plastic
Crude ( all in raw form)

And by 2020 according to research they won't have to import anything again ( that is if they are maintaining this momentum)
Even the almighty crude oil will be useless ( solar energy, nuclear energy and electric energy are taking over)
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by myforexsolution: 7:15pm On Aug 20, 2016
Singapore1:
copper plastic crude oil

Copper alloy
Plastic
Crude ( all in raw form)

[size=13pt]Now you said mathematically, China does not import anything. Now asked to break this down further the truth is you have provided no proof that China's import is mathematically zero.

Now you have actually added the phrase, "...by 2020 according to research they won't have to import anything again..."

Just pointing out the confidence with which we sometimes make assertions that turned out to be... well... the way this one turned out to be[/size]

2 Likes

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Singapore1(m): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
myforexsolution:

[size=13pt]Now you said mathematically, China does not import anything. Now asked to break this down further the truth is you have provided no proof that China's import is mathematically zero.

Now you have actually added the phrase, "...by 2020 according to research they won't have to import anything again..."

Just pointing out the confidence with which we sometimes make assertions that turned out to be... well... the way this one turned out to be[/size]
let me prove the math to you

10 people did business with you out of that ten people only 3 are not satisfied with your service

your rating will be 70%

then you went further to do business with lets say 15 people and all gave you positive rating

if we calculate it, you have done business with 25 people and only 3 are not satisfied ,

converting your rating to percentage , we get more than 100% ( meaning the bad rating is there but negligible )

normally i dont get hurt when people embarrass me, but damn!!! i am hurt by your comment ( Liverpool spoilt mah ticket )

the reason why i used the word MATHEMATICALLY was because all the thing china was important is a necessity

crude oil ( not sufficient )
plasttic ( not sufficient )
alloy ( same thing )

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by lilee2hot(f): 7:38pm On Aug 20, 2016
tumababa:
Please which bank gives PTA. I went to gtb, fbn,heritage,keystone, sterling bank. All have suspended pta
Stanbic IBTC

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by tosinjay(m): 7:39pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Innoson? How many you don buy? Those cars are new and expensive jare.....people will rather buy "tokunbo"

Una get that one for Enugu too tongue

How many people dey gree buy new rides? Even tokunbo is becoming expensive not to talk of new.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 7:48pm On Aug 20, 2016
My sentiments too
Whatever they produce in Enugu can't be bought by an average Nigerian.

Innoson imports the parts he assembles in essence exchange rate will affect his production too

tosinjay:

How many people dey gree buy new rides? Even tokunbo is becoming expensive not to talk of new.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by iliyande(m): 8:23pm On Aug 20, 2016
tosinjay:

Long time.

Hope you are doing fine.
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jainine(f): 8:30pm On Aug 20, 2016
Singapore1:

let me prove the math to you

10 people did business with you out of that ten people only 3 are not satisfied with your service

your rating will be 70%

then you went further to do business with lets say 15 people and all gave you positive rating

if we calculate it, you have done business with 25 people and only 3 are not satisfied ,

converting your rating to percentage , we get more than 100% ( meaning the bad rating is there but negligible )

Bros I don't know what you are talking about O... But which kind maths be this grin grin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Singapore1(m): 8:32pm On Aug 20, 2016
Jainine:

Bros I don't know what you are talking about O... But which kind maths be this grin grin

Business math

grin

I am serious or it is business math ah swear
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Jainine(f): 8:45pm On Aug 20, 2016
Singapore1:

Business math

grin

I am serious or it is business math ah swear

Lol, bros if it's the same maths I know, 3people with negative feedback out of 25 buyers. It about 88% positive feedback.

How did you come about 100%
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by ladyF(f): 9:03pm On Aug 20, 2016
Gunbiz:

that rate is nt far and it will reach b4 d end of next month
lol... How sure are you on a scale of 1-10? grin
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Singapore1(m): 9:06pm On Aug 20, 2016
Jainine:

Lol, bros if it's the same maths I know, 3people with negative feedback out of 25 buyers. It about 88% positive feedback.

How did you come about 100%
I am on mobile so no time to explain

Actually it's business math like I said

The more you have people talking good about you the less significant your haters will become

And
If we have 10 good rating to it
88% becomes 91% , if we continue like that it will get to 100% approximately cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by AleAirHub(m): 9:09pm On Aug 20, 2016
Good Evening.

3900RMB Available @58.

Please the price is not negotiable & if your merchant don't have stores in 1688 , tmall , taobao don't buzz me up because i will not reply your inquiry.

Thanks
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by grandstar(m): 9:11pm On Aug 20, 2016
Singapore1:
copper plastic crude oil

Copper alloy
Plastic
Crude ( all in raw form)

Your stats are 110% wrong. Simply googling China's imports will prove this.

Chinese imports are bound to increase greatly in future as wages climb making it lose comparative advantage in many industries. This is already happening in the textile industry which many Chinese manufacturers setting up shop in Myanmar and Vietnam.

Presently, due to rising wages and distance, the best place to manufacture goods headed to the United States is now Mexico

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Singapore1(m): 9:17pm On Aug 20, 2016
grandstar:

Your stats are 110% wrong. Simply googling China's imports will prove this.

Chinese imports are bound to increase greatly in future as wages climb making it lose comparative advantage in many industries. This is already happening in the textile industry which many Chinese manufacturers setting up shop in Myanmar and Vietnam.

Presently, due to rising wages and distance, the best place to manufacture goods headed to the United States is now Mexico

Okay cheesy I am happy that you use the word "google"

But what if we are being realistic?
Am I still 110% wrong? cheesy

And for your information you are 110% wrong too because you are talking about exportation ( at blooded)

Updated

Let me be clear on, my start are based on what I saw on CCTV and what they analyst said

So who is wrong now

Google or the CCTV analyst?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by grandstar(m): 9:19pm On Aug 20, 2016
Bookiemart01:
Oh I see..
Thanks for this

What he wrote is completely inaccurate. China's imports in 2015 were $1.68trillion.

Google yourself. China is the 2nd largest economy in the world. How won't they be a massive importer?

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by grandstar(m): 9:25pm On Aug 20, 2016
Singapore1:

Okay cheesy I am happy that you use the word "google"

But what if we are being realistic?
Am I still 110% wrong? cheesy

And for your information you are 110% wrong too because you are talking about exportation ( at blooded)

Updated

Let me be clear on, my start are based on what I saw on CCTV and what they analyst said

So who is wrong now

Google or the CCTV analyst?

cctv is saying crap. I don't even need to google. I am a avid reader of the Economist, Times, Bloomberg and quite up to date about economic matters.

Note that many ports are heavily mechanized hence they don't need people.

Netherlands is building a new terminal at Rotterdam that does totally away with human labour. The unions are up in arms.

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Bookiemart01(f): 9:26pm On Aug 20, 2016
Me I was wondering
I was actually busy when I typed that.

Seriously, I know China imports....Chinese import from Nigeria a lot. India and China import a lot of solid minerals and other raw products

grandstar:

What he wrote is completely inaccurate. China's imports in 2015 were $1.68trillion.

Google yourself. China is the 2nd largest economy in the world. How won't they be a massive importer?
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Singapore1(m): 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
grandstar:

oh God !!!

They spent these money
On crude oil, mechanics ( alloy) and plastic

Because it is not in abundance in their country
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by grandstar(m): 9:28pm On Aug 20, 2016
myforexsolution:

His stats are a 1000% wrong! Was shocked to read it. What's worse is that many even believe it!

1 Like

Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Singapore1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 20, 2016
grandstar:

cctv is saying crap. I don't even need to google. I am a avid reader of the Economist, Times, Bloomberg and quite up to date about economic matters.

Note that many ports are heavily mechanized hence they don't need people.

Netherlands is building a new terminal at Rotterdam that does totally away with human labour. The unions are up in arms.

oh really CCTV is crap??

remember the discussion was about the port being less busy day by day due to low importation ( on cctv )
and you tend to focus on the amount spent by china not what the money is used for
but since you use google alot and you are also an avid reader of the economist , you have impressed me cheesy
Re: How Much Did You Exchange The Dollar For Today? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 20, 2016
ladyF:

lol... How sure are you on a scale of 1-10? grin

9....the foreign reserve cant accomodate the many requests

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (362) (Reply)

Football (+/Other Sports) Betting Season 15 / ➜ ➜ ➜Currency/E-currency Market Deals 2020 ➜ ➜ ➜ / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.