Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,401 members, 7,812,175 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:32 AM

IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released (4291 Views)

BREAKING: IPOB Leader, Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing On Thursday, / Breaking News: FG To Release Nnamdi Kanu Tomorrow, Fixes Emergency Hearing / Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Court Hearing, May Get Bail (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Philadelphia: 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2021
The detained leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), Nnamdi Kanu is scheduled for an emergency hearing tomorrow (Thursday) that could lead to his release on bail.

SaharaReporters exclusively learnt on Wednesday that the hearing could open the door for Kanu's release on bail.

This was confirmed exclusively to SaharaReporters by the counsel for the Nigerian government in the matter.

It was also learnt from Nigerian government lawyers that the move is in response to the fervent appeals by Igbo leaders for the release of the pro-Biafra agitator.

"Nnamdi Kanu scheduled for an emergency hearing tomorrow that could lead to his release on bail.

"This is in response to Igbo elders' request for his release," one of the sources said on Wednesday.

President Muhammadu Buhari had said on Friday, November 19 that he would consider the unconditional release of the IPOB leader as sought by elder statesmen from the South-East.

Buhari had, however, added that such a request was a difficult option to weigh but assured that he would give it a thought.

Buhari said this while receiving a group under the aegis of Highly Respected Igbo Greats, led by First Republic parliamentarian and Minister of Aviation, Mbazulike Amaechi, at State House, Abuja, earlier in November.

Amaechi, a nonagenarian, had described the situation in the South-East as “painful and pathetic,” lamenting that businesses have collapsed, education crumbling, and fear everywhere.

He had pleaded for a political, rather than military solution, requesting that if Kanu was released to him as the only First Republic Minister still alive, “he (Kanu) would no longer say the things he had been saying,” stressing that he could control him, “not because I have anything to do with them (IPOB), but I am highly respected in Igbo land today."

A Presidential media aide, Femi Adesina, had revealed this in a statement titled, “President Buhari to Igbo Leaders: Your demand for Nnamdi Kanu’s release is heavy. I will consider it.”

However, in his response, Buhari had said, “You’ve made an extremely difficult demand on me as leader of this country. The implication of your request is very serious. In the last six years, since I became President, nobody would say I have confronted or interfered in the work of the Judiciary. God has spared you, and given you a clear head at this age, with very sharp memory. A lot of people half your age are confused already. But the demand you made is heavy. I will consider it."

Stressing his policy of non-interference with the Judiciary, the President said when Kanu jumped bail, got arrested and was brought back to the country, “I said the best thing was to subject him to the system. Let him make his case in court, instead of giving very negative impressions of the country from the outside. I feel it’s even a favour to give him that opportunity.

The IPOB leader is currently standing trial at the Federal High Court, Abuja for terrorism-related charges.

Kanu was illegally arrested in Kenya and renditioned to Nigeria in June.

Source

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Philadelphia: 5:56pm On Dec 01, 2021
So lalasticlala mynd44
Una no give me front page for this my news
Una no do me well o

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by jmoore(m): 5:58pm On Dec 01, 2021
Has he made a deal with Orji Uzor Kalu?

Very soon, Nnamdi Kanu will campaign for Orji Uzor Kalu under APC and referendum will die.

A lot of zombies have been raised by Nnamdi Kanu in Igboland. They now eat human beings.

How do you stop someone who have tasted human flesh from eating it again?

Nnamdi Kanu has destroyed Igboland.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
Nice one! Let's just hope he would be released.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Aufbauh(m): 5:59pm On Dec 01, 2021
Make una tell us another story!

Releasing the leader of barbaric and cannibalistic terrorist group (Ipob) by Buhari will be tantamount to complicity crime against lawful citizens & mocking the dead by Ipob.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by ReoCoker: 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
Aufbauh:
Make una tell us another story!

Releasing the leader of barbaric and cannibalistic terrorist group (Ipob) by Buhari will be tantamount to complicity crime against lawful citizens & mocking the dead by Ipob.
Try as much as you can to burn the excessive fat that has inflated your stomach first before contributing to issues that is of no concern to you.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by yinkus6750(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
PMB will be a hero if that happens
Hope OUK has told MNK to behave?
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Aufbauh(m): 6:01pm On Dec 01, 2021
ReoCoker:
Try as much as you can to burn the excessive fat that has inflated your stomach first before contributing to issues that is of no concern to you.

How did this relate to the subject matter?
Anyway that fendi wearing terrorist will remain in the'zoo' cage with deflated stomach & ego.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by updatechange(m): 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
Oya now let's go der
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by FriedSquids: 6:02pm On Dec 01, 2021
Let's see the Whitepaper

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by DOTian: 6:03pm On Dec 01, 2021
Chai!
Chei!!
Choi!!!
Afonjas will cry like babies ooo..
Their "terroristi" is about to be released...
They will wail oo

19 Likes

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by mrvitalis(m): 6:04pm On Dec 01, 2021
Restructure this country let every region control resources and security and let ethnic nationalities determine what region to join

That's the only solution to Nigerians problem

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by PointZerom: 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
They want to transfer him to prison so that they can organize a jail break and get him killed.

CHUKWU OKIKE ABIAMA will protect MNK.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by jmoore(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2021
yinkus6750:
PMB will be a hero if that happens
Hope OUK has told MNK to behave?
To be released on bail doesn't mean the case has been withdrawn.

PMB a hero for releasing Nnamdi Kanu? I pity Igboland. If the case is withdrawn and he is free, more bloodshed will happen. Nnamdi Kanu cannot be tamed. Unless he is adequately caged with money. But his foot soldiers who are high on crystal Meth won't listen to him for any peaceful method.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by ReoCoker: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
Aufbauh:

How did this relate to the subject matter?
Anyway that fendi wearing terrorist will remain in the'zoo' cage with deflated stomach & ego.
First reduce that your fat filled stomach first.... Isn't that the reason why your neighbors are calling you a pregnant man?

Burn down the fat and leave MNK.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by PointZerom: 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
jmoore:

PMB a hero for releasing Nnamdi Kanu? I pity Igboland. If the case is withdrawn and he is free, more bloodshed will happen. Nnamdi Kanu cannot be tamed. Unless he is adequately caged with money.

Stop taking this.

9 Likes

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by kayusely70(m): 6:10pm On Dec 01, 2021
mrvitalis:
Restructure this country let every region control resources and security and let ethnic nationalities determine what region to join

That's the only solution to Nigerians problem
You've spoken very well and reasonably too.

2 Likes

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Christistruth00: 6:12pm On Dec 01, 2021
jmoore:

PMB a hero for releasing Nnamdi Kanu? I pity Igboland. If the case is withdrawn and he is free, more bloodshed will happen. Nnamdi Kanu cannot be tamed. Unless he is adequately caged with money.

He will first order the beheadings of the very elders pleading for his release

Very ungrateful thug

If Kanu is released then all Nigerian Prisoners should be released for fairness and equality
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Mysticwebb: 6:13pm On Dec 01, 2021
How? What is happening in this country self? I thought Buhari is a no nonsense ex general.
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Philadelphia: 6:14pm On Dec 01, 2021
wink
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Rightmsn(m): 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=jmoore post=108123213]Has he made a deal with Orji Uzor Kalu?

Very soon, Nnamdi Kanu will campaign for Orji Uzor Kalu under APC and referendum will die is it what he told you or you are just exercising your tongue?
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Tranquillity360: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
That's if Nigeria government won't run away from their kangaroo court just as usual.

I don't know why someone will be running away from his court even when he claims to have millions of evidences to nail Prophet Mazi Nnamdi Kanu.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by goatgoat093: 6:16pm On Dec 01, 2021
Nigeria's incoming president Orji Uzo Kalu has a struck a significant deal here if this is true.

3 Likes

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by JaroMan: 6:17pm On Dec 01, 2021
[quote author=Philadelphia post=108123094][/quote]
Am I the only one that thinks this news is fake?
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by McEphiks(m): 6:18pm On Dec 01, 2021
Are they tired of sitting at home?
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Philadelphia: 6:19pm On Dec 01, 2021
JaroMan:

Am I the only one that thinks this news is fake?

Not fake.
It’s trending on Twitter.
Kanu’s lead counsel Barr. Ejiofor confirmed it.

1 Like

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Nobody: 6:20pm On Dec 01, 2021
You think Buhari is weak Sanwolu that you can push around, Buhari is different, the earlier the Yoruba leader start treating you guys with iron hand the better

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by Guestlander: 6:24pm On Dec 01, 2021
I like to know the trade off.
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by paramakina202: 6:25pm On Dec 01, 2021
OUK is the most powerful man in SE in this governement maybe he has made a deal between the yahoo freedom fighter and FG.
MNK will accept any condition to be freed because he isn't a true freedom fighter.
Re: IPOB: Nnamdi Kanu Scheduled For Emergency Hearing Tomorrow; Could Be Released by vedaxcool(m): 6:26pm On Dec 01, 2021
Sirliarsreporters

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of Tinubu And Ooni Of Ife At Baba Akande Autobiograpy Event / JUST IN: Moment Tinubu Went Back To Greet Osinbajo After Skipping Him / Igbo Youths Gives Gov., Fashola Three Days To Apologize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.