Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,006 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most (10237 Views)

$142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold / The Most Expensive Police Car Ever, Abu Dhabi's ₦1.2b Lykan Hypersport / This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Awkabigboy: 1:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
-Let's say when your wedding date was so close or on the wedding day

-When you were returning for Christmas

-When you were taking your kids to school

What did you do esp when there was no solution in sight

7 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by conductor20000: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
There's a reason why Toyota is rated the most reliable car brand in the world for 2 decades (20 years) in a row, only not winning it a few times because their luxury division Lexus and their former youth division Scion beat them to it. Subaru (which Toyota owns majority of has also won it once or twice.

All machines, including cars, can fail at any given time but any other product has a higher chance of keeping you stranded than a Toyota brand (includes Toyota itself, Lexus, Scion and Subaru).

Ps. Those things manufactured in Europe are just meant for going to party and burial. Especially when past 3 years of their manufacturing (which your warranty covers). From Mercedes to BMW to Volkswagen (Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley) to Landrover(Range Rover), Aston Martin, etc.

If you're driving any of these brands, have in mind they fail more than usual than Asian or American brands.

That's why you see anybody with Rolls-Royce or Bentley still having a Toyota Landcruiser and Toyota Hilux.

19 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Mshelia01: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Crusadee: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
My Peugeot 307 Automatic disappointed me to the extent that I sold it, the electric issue with that car is something else.

While I used same Peugeot 206 Automatic for 4yrs+ it never give me a single headech.

But all the gear transmission is superb and top notch.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Dissapointments happen everyday.
It's just a way of life.
You just have to find a way about it.
I remember those years when I dey use moto,
Enough stop stop here and there.
But now, na Car, I dey use.
It can only be God.

By the way,
My online role models and mentors ,
Is the below true?
I saw it somewhere and decided to ask the Kings and Queens of Grills.
(Waiting for your response ma'm)

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by conductor20000: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by fitinwell: 3:36pm On Dec 04, 2021
MOST CARS DON'T JUST BREAK DOWN.... THEY GIVE A WEEK OR MONTHS NOTICE..

JUST LIKE MALARIA

18 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by BigSarah(f): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
2018 June 8:30pm
Back then when I cared about religion, I left unilag heading to my church at ISheri for a Night service ...
The hold up was mental at Isolo road( which is usually terribly busy at night), wanted to change lanes and boom the engine went off while the car(sienna) was slanted...

Tried for minutes and the crazy Mushin-Isolo started yelling, I didn't know what to do .. Was a crazy 16 minutes or even half an hour...
TURNED out was the battery, I had to go back Akoka, didn't want to chance with problem happening again..

Mental

9 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by WiszyFraud: 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
Icumsa45:
My first RAV4, when I was carrying my babe, in the middle of the express it broke down. Na some fake car dealers sell am give me.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by merits(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
cheesy l don't use car I used parachute.....mine goes like this"has your parachute ever disappointed you when you needed it most"?

Wahalla for who dey use car grin

Everybody shift I want to land here...........

I know some legedis Benz user would be claiming a car owner now. grin

6 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes oooo
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Aaaaarghmed(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
My honda never disappointed me for over 3 years.anytime I start e answer.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by money121(m): 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Nobody: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
My first RAV4, when I was carrying my babe, in the middle of the express it broke down. Na some fake car dealers sell am give me.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by ILoveDemMANNA: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
My next car,

U gerrit?
If you don't gerrit,
Forget about riit!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Cmexy: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
If you drive the car small, somehow, the car go drive you...

Car sef dey get Malaria occasionally

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Winters23: 3:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Awkabigboy:
-Let's say when your wedding date was so close or on the wedding day

-When you were returning for Christmas

-When you were taking your kids to school

What did you do esp when there was no solution in sight

This question is for those who have only one car
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Mewhizzp(m): 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
Thread for people with cars.

If you are believing God for a Car, Let's gather here

86 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by PavillionEnergy: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
shocked
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by MrJames007: 3:40pm On Dec 04, 2021
My belt cut when I dey remote area dey go TM. Thank God I had my 14mm spanner. Picked a bike back to town and got the belt. I still go chop rice. Haha

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by SensualMan: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
Not atoll. My baby is AKPO AZA!

Mkpo ya OTU ugboro, oza ugboro Asaa!

5 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Nobody: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
Some cars just be like d devil's emissaries

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by HEAVEN4444: 3:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
HMM
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Gaddafi1: 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
My Camry failed me on the way back from Warri with my family. We came back with a commercial bus driven by a crazy man. Anyway, I swore that the camry will never enter my house again. I sold the ride.

My friend took me in his car to see my wife-to-be, the car broke down as we came out of the car. I HATE GOLF

13 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by jeff1607(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Sometimes prepping for work in the morning only to start the car nothing happens , then waste time trying to figure out the issue , time don go .

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by jude33084(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2021
Just yesterday, the gear F up angry

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by NOETHNICITY(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
My tire punctured by a nail one early morning I was supposed to pick a girl. Was so terrible. I don't usually have spare tires because my tires are always bought new. But since that day I don learn

6 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by PavillionEnergy: 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
ILoveDemMANNA:
Dissapointments happen everyday.
It's just a way of life.
You just have to find a way about it.
I remember those years when I dey use moto,
Enough stop stop here and there.
But now, na Car, I dey use.
It can only be God.

By the way,
My online role models and mentors ,
Is the below true?
I saw it somewhere and decided to ask the Kings and Queens of Grills.
(Waiting for your response ma'm)

You must be very frugal to accumulate your 30K stipend to buy a car.

Pictures or I don't believe.

18 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by oluseyiforjesus(m): 3:44pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes, but I don't have enough time to type d storyline

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 04, 2021
I can't count how many times the family car has disappointed us.
It might be working perfectly today, the next day it would just refuse to start. Most times, it would be the times when we want to use it to carry load in the market or it might stop in the middle of the road, we 'd push it to the corner.

Some mornings and evenings require we push it before it starts. Or is it during raining season?. Haba, that one is a bitter tale of its own.
I hope for better days. This time, I pray God blesses me to buy brand new cars for my parents. Amen

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

A Food For Thought Before Buying Naija Used Car / 6 Millionth Skoda Octavia Produced. / 2019 Skoda Fabia Revealed (photo And Details)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.