Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,282 members, 7,836,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most (10265 Views)

$142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold / The Most Expensive Police Car Ever, Abu Dhabi's ₦1.2b Lykan Hypersport / This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
fitinwell:
MOST CARS DON'T JUST BREAK DOWN.... THEY GIVE A WEEK OR MONTHS NOTICE..

JUST LIKE MALARIA
Not true,if you drive u won't write this

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 3:48pm On Dec 04, 2021
Icumsa45:
My first RAV4, when I was carrying my babe, in the middle of the express it broke down. Na some fake car dealers sell am give me.
So what did you do grin
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Lotusgoddess(f): 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
Abi it's when you want to start your car in the morning and your car start to Dey laugh you. That shii is very annoying

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
Winters23:

This question is for those who have only one car
Doesn't matter if u have it 100,it can only fail one at a time
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 3:49pm On Dec 04, 2021
jude33084:
Just yesterday, the gear F up angry
What happened to your gear

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Nobody: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

So what did you do grin

Omo na good Samaritan bail me out o.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by ppogba: 3:53pm On Dec 04, 2021
If your car has not disappointed you, may be you are just a baby car owner.

4 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by oliverwrites: 3:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Three times. One I sure my wife was responsible. She told me we should not travel that day that her spirit didn't want us to go.

Funny thing it was the radiator cover that removed. 45 minutes trip because 8 hours and to make it worst we got home and found that our keys to the house were lost.

We had to wait outside for hours before we finally found someone to help break the door.

Another occasion me and my wife just left the car with our driver and took bike home.

The third one was battery head and I suffered for hours.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by hikiki(m): 4:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
See me see wahala,carry car go church oo,as I dey return jejely,I say make I branch buy fuel for station oo,almajiris just d beg me for money, normally I no d send Dem face o,cos I carry madam n kids I say make I fall madam hand. I reach out drop money to dem o,to start car na wahala..try all I could,no way. Almajiris leave me and car dia dey laf me....had to spend 5k to repair the car dia.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Perfecttouch(m): 4:13pm On Dec 04, 2021
That old Nissan quest, avoid that motor
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by KOPArespect: 4:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
Yes ooo, especially one very day that i planned a date with my 4 years crush, we already arranged for a nice restaurant somewhere around Sango Ota in Ogun State, the problem of my car was with the battery , but once i get people to push and warm it in the morning, it will start working again... on this very day, i already get guys in the street to do the usual pushing, after pushing almost round the street, it eventually kickoff, then i set for my journey...

I picked her up in front of her house and set for the romantic journey. we are just 10 minutes away from home when we met with this unfortunate holdup, i tried as much as possible not to off the engine to avoid Bleep up,this stupid car suddenly jacked and turned off, i hurriedly try starting it and the tafuun fun sound was becoming irritating after about five trials. At this moment, i was already sweating as i dont know how to tell her that she will need to come down and push the car... i was still thinking of how to tell her when other cars behind me started horning..peem,peem, oga move your korope nah... nah so one danfo conductor came down and hit my burnet then i woke up from my dream. come and beat me on i.g @kopa.respect

15 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Awkabigboy: 4:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
ppogba:
If your car has not disappointed you, may be you are just a baby car owner.
Lol, most likely

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Awkabigboy: 4:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
KOPArespect:
Yes ooo, especially one very day that i planned a date with my 4 years crush, we already arranged for a nice restaurant somewhere around Sango Ota in Ogun State, the problem of my car was with the battery , but once i get people to push and warm it in the morning, it will start working again... on this very day, i already get guys in the street to do the usual pushing, after pushing almost round the street, it eventually kickoff, then i set for my journey...

I picked her up in front of her house and set for the romantic journey. we are just 10 minutes away from home when we met with this unfortunate holdup, i tried as much as possible not to off the engine to avoid Bleep up,this stupid car suddenly jacked and turned off, i hurriedly try starting it and the tafuun fun sound was becoming irritating after about five trials. At this moment, i was already sweating as i dont know how to tell her that she will need to come down and push the car... i was still thinking of how to tell her when other cars behind me started horning..peem,peem, oga move your korope nah... nah so one danfo conductor came down and hit my burnet then i woke up from my dream. come and beat me on i.g @kopa.respect
Interesting, so how was it solved ?
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Ten06(m): 4:35pm On Dec 04, 2021
If you have not slept in a lonely bush road because of a car breakdown you have not seen anything and there is no other breakdown you can't manage
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Babastrong(m): 4:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
The one i'm driving inside my room has never disappointed me and as a perfect driver with a long and strong leg, i have never failed her.
But the one on the road TOYOTA COROLLA, has bleeped me up twice.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by wink2015(m): 4:41pm On Dec 04, 2021
Cars
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by magzey: 4:56pm On Dec 04, 2021
Any machine is bound to malfunction at any time, but I always take any disappointment from my vehicle to be a blessing in disguise,because I know the Almighty will use it to protect t me from harm. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by magzey: 5:01pm On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=Myexdisturbs post=108209228]
Not true,if you drive u won't write this[/quote
I concur ,because if if you vehicle not all break down gives signs before it broke down]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by jubrilELsudan: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
YES WHEN I WAS GOING TO FVCK

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Fftt: 5:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Many times
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 5:23pm On Dec 04, 2021
Babastrong:
The one i'm driving inside my room has never disappointed me and as a perfect driver with a long and strong leg, i have never failed her.
But the one on the road TOYOTA COROLLA, has bleeped me up twice.
What happened to the Toyota Corolla
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by aku626(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
Cars are about maintenance, German cars require a good maintenance culture that’s why they don’t do well here. They’re solid cars if you follow recommendations they’ve defective parts like every other car brands which you could make a case for because they’re expensive so you expectation naturally should be high.
Cars have disappointed me a lot too numerous to count Honda and VW sigh, Honda(gear and engine) VW(everything that could possible go wrong).
I realize I’m not in a place to complain cause I got those cars 2nd hand with poor maintenance by previous owners. Now I have a another VW and it has been top notch a daily horse and high performer just give your good maintenance understand it and you’d be fine.
Your mechanic after you is the next problem of the car.

4 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by nihinlade(m): 5:28pm On Dec 04, 2021
Honda CRV 2000 disappointed me then in 2014. Traveling home for Christmas with my family. That was when I knew over heating is a serious problem.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Babastrong(m): 5:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
[quote author=Myexdisturbs post=108211632] What happened to the Toyota Corolla[flat tyre on an urgent mission]
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Nope… never….. even when I didn’t want to carry a particular person, it miraculously broke down
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Bulad24: 6:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Omo my 04 Corolla sport, I drove the car myself down to where I did wheel balancing and alignment. Even after it was done, the person that did it tested the car around. The moment he handed over the car key to me, that was how car refused to start. They brought battery and all, only for one rewire to bail me out after some fuse were changed.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by femi4: 6:10pm On Dec 04, 2021
Awkabigboy:
-Let's say when your wedding date was so close or on the wedding day

-When you were returning for Christmas

-When you were taking your kids to school

What did you do esp when there was no solution in sight
Several times in the middle of the bush on my way to work. I have spares of ball joints in my boot. Calling my mechanic or taking a bike to the nearest mechanic workshop always work for me
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by femi4: 6:15pm On Dec 04, 2021
fitinwell:
MOST CARS DON'T JUST BREAK DOWN.... THEY GIVE A WEEK OR MONTHS NOTICE..

JUST LIKE MALARIA
I doubt if you drive
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Javalord000(m): 6:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
I no get car yet, but make I just find st here dey listen
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 6:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
author=Babastrong post=108212004]
That's the easiest
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Nobody: 6:26pm On Dec 04, 2021
I will buy one soon by the grace of GOD.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Skoda Fabia Revealed (photo And Details) / Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share / 15 Interesting Fun Facts About The Mercedes Benz And Daimler AG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.