Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most (10262 Views)

$142Million Mercedes-Benz 300 SLR Uhlenhaut Coupe Most Expensive Car Ever Sold / The Most Expensive Police Car Ever, Abu Dhabi's ₦1.2b Lykan Hypersport / This Old 1963 Ferrari Becomes The Most Expensive Car Ever Sold - See Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Winters23: 6:37pm On Dec 04, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

Doesn't matter if u have it 100,it can only fail one at a time

Not when I move in a convoy
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Nobody: 6:47pm On Dec 04, 2021
Our car once broke down on Christmas day after dressing in matching attires we were all smiling and everything was fine cruising in our Siena until the thing decided to disgrace us.....God knows I never wanted to go I had that bad feeling about that Christmas cheesy
Omo everybody come down push motor for some minutes the matching attires made everything so funny that day grin come see how everybody dey laugh us cool
But now we smiling by God's grace smiley

4 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by honda001: 6:52pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
My honda never disappointed me for over 3 years.anytime I start e answer.
niaja or foreign used??
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by CaptainAyub: 7:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Maryjane001:
I can't count how many times the family car has disappointed us.
It might be working perfectly today, the next day it would just refuse to start. Most times, it would be the times when we want to use it to carry load in the market or it might stop in the middle of the road, we 'd push it to the corner.

Some mornings and evenings require we push it before it starts. Or is it during raining season?. Haba, that one is a bitter tale of its own.
I hope for better days. This time, I pray God blesses me to buy brand new cars for my parents. Amen
Amen
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by myorh: 7:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
My Camry. First, I was going for a work retreat with a colleague, woke up early to wash the car. Only to want to start car and it refused to start. Didn’t have a mechanic at the time (Just got the car). Had to call someone that has mechanic. It ended up being mass air flow sensor. He cleaner it up and the car started.

Second time, was going to the interview for my current job, left home on time, and branched at a nearby filling station to refuel, only for the car to refuse to start after buying fuel. Omo, thank God the owner was around, he helped call his mechanic who helped washed the plugs and car started.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by jaxxy(m): 7:14pm On Dec 04, 2021
conductor20000:
There's a reason why Toyota is rated the most reliable car brand in the world for 20 decades in a row, only not winning it a few times because their luxury division Lexus and their former youth division Scion beat them to it. Subaru (which Toyota owns majority of has also won it once or twice.

All machines, including cars, can fail at any given time but any other product has a higher chance of keeping you stranded than a Toyota (Lexus, Scion and Subaru included).

Ps. Those things manufactured in Europe are just meant for going to party and burial. Especially when past 3 years of their manufacturing (which your warranty covers). From Mercedes to BMW to Volkswagen (Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley) to Landrover(Range Rover), Aston Martin, etc.

If you're driving any of these brands, have in mind they fail more than usual than Asian or American brands.

That's why you see anybody with Rolls-Royce or Bentley still having a Landcruiser and Hilux.

Some countries use Benz, dodge and Lamborghini as taxis and police vehicles.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by omoiyalayi(m): 7:19pm On Dec 04, 2021
Happening right now

I'm a Deejay that need my car for running around for today and tomorrow

My automatic gear developed problem yesterday after hearing how much it will cost in repairing it compare to the price of new ones I decided to go for new one. Now the new one has refused to work in fact the guy who sold it to has even brought three different type no one has worked. Now they are telling me till Monday

I'm so confused right now.

My tomorrow event is still there

Cost of transportation here in Abuja no be small o

3 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Praxtech: 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2021
honda001:
niaja or foreign us.ed??
Naija used
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by conductor20000: 7:25pm On Dec 04, 2021
jaxxy:

Some countries use Benz, dodge and Lamborghini as taxis and police vehicles.
Still unreliable.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Praxtech: 7:32pm On Dec 04, 2021
Mercedes Benz 6 different models.... NO.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 7:59pm On Dec 04, 2021
Winters23:

Not when I move in a convoy
Lol,only a poor man says this grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Spain007(m): 8:39pm On Dec 04, 2021
MrJames007:
My belt cut when I dey remote area dey go TM. Thank God I had my 14mm spanner. Picked a bike back to town and got the belt. I still go chop rice. Haha

Na timing belt you use 14mm spanner fix?
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Munzy14(m): 8:58pm On Dec 04, 2021
conductor20000:
There's a reason why Toyota is rated the most reliable car brand in the world for 2 decades (20 years) in a row, only not winning it a few times because their luxury division Lexus and their former youth division Scion beat them to it. Subaru (which Toyota owns majority of has also won it once or twice.

All machines, including cars, can fail at any given time but any other product has a higher chance of keeping you stranded than a Toyota (Lexus, Scion and Subaru included).

Ps. Those things manufactured in Europe are just meant for going to party and burial. Especially when past 3 years of their manufacturing (which your warranty covers). From Mercedes to BMW to Volkswagen (Audi, Porsche, Lamborghini, Bentley) to Landrover(Range Rover), Aston Martin, etc.

If you're driving any of these brands, have in mind they fail more than usual than Asian or American brands.

That's why you see anybody with Rolls-Royce or Bentley still having a Landcruiser and Hilux.
Nice explanation you have here...I am a big fan of Toyota..I no fit drive anyother car apart from Toyota products...Very reliable and durable for Nigerian matters cheesy

Honda and suspension...

1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Munzy14(m): 9:02pm On Dec 04, 2021
Aaaaarghmed:
My honda never disappointed me for over 3 years.anytime I start e answer.
Even suspension?

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Munzy14(m): 9:04pm On Dec 04, 2021
MrJames007:
My belt cut when I dey remote area dey go TM. Thank God I had my 14mm spanner. Picked a bike back to town and got the belt. I still go chop rice. Haha
Timing belt?

You be mechanic?
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Munzy14(m): 9:07pm On Dec 04, 2021
Gaddafi1:
My Camry failed me on the way back from Warri with my family. We came back with a commercial bus driven by a crazy man. Anyway, I swore that the camry will never enter my house again. I sold the ride.

My friend took me in his car to see my wife-to-be, the car broke down as we came out of the car. I HATE GOLF
Don't be offended o, let me laugh small... grin grin grin your comment finish me with laughter...

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Munzy14(m): 9:09pm On Dec 04, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

Not true,if you drive u won't write this
Exactly...His comment was obviously from the novice point of view. cheesy
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Munzy14(m): 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2021
Perfecttouch:
That old Nissan quest, avoid that motor
grin
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by clothingonline(m): 9:21pm On Dec 04, 2021
Engine can disappoint
I still pay for repair today

Men clothing payment on delivery
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Kakamorufu(m): 9:31pm On Dec 04, 2021
Happened to me today.
I almost got to the junction in my areaand the alternator packed up.
See me sweating under the sun. I no fit cry
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by cayorday89(m): 9:45pm On Dec 04, 2021
Maryjane001:
I can't count how many times the family car has disappointed us.
It might be working perfectly today, the next day it would just refuse to start. Most times, it would be the times when we want to use it to carry load in the market or it might stop in the middle of the road, we 'd push it to the corner.

Some mornings and evenings require we push it before it starts. Or is it during raining season?. Haba, that one is a bitter tale of its own.
I hope for better days. This time, I pray God blesses me to buy brand new cars for my parents. Amen

That car just wants you guys to reciprocate all the love he is showing to you, it carries you and you push it.. Life is give and take.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by smartr: 10:11pm On Dec 04, 2021
When your president can disappoint, what is a car angry angry angry
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by MrJames007: 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Spain007:

Haha… Accessory/serpentine belt.

2 Likes

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by MrJames007: 10:38pm On Dec 04, 2021
Munzy14:

Timing belt?

You be mechanic?
Not timing belt.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 6:23am On Dec 05, 2021
omoiyalayi:
Happening right now

I'm a Deejay that need my car for running around for today and tomorrow

My automatic gear developed problem yesterday after hearing how much it will cost in repairing it compare to the price of new ones I decided to go for new one. Now the new one has refused to work in fact the guy who sold it to has even brought three different type no one has worked. Now they are telling me till Monday

I'm so confused right now.

My tomorrow event is still there

Cost of transportation here in Abuja no be small o
Too sad,did the gear oil finish? And how much did they sell the new gear to u
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Myexdisturbs: 6:24am On Dec 05, 2021
Spain007:

I guess normal built not the timing belt

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Poleski: 8:38am On Dec 05, 2021
Crusadee:
My Peugeot 307 Automatic disappointed me to the extent that I sold it, the electric issue with that car is something else.

While I used same Peugeot 206 Automatic for 4yrs+ it never give me a single headech.

But all the gear transmission is superb and top notch.

In most cases, mechanics are the problem not the car. Peugeot is a great brand.

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Crusadee: 9:18am On Dec 05, 2021
Poleski:

In most cases, mechanics are the problem not the car. Peugeot is a great brand.
yea, I agree with you experience taught me a lot about Peugeot its a car that doesn't want anyhow machanic or electricians, small mistake will scatter alot of things

1 Like

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by emitope: 11:04am On Dec 05, 2021
Going home from work late at night, went to a filling station to fill up has not knowing God actually just made me do that detour. As I tried starting to continue na so gear just soft for my hand. I just parked it at the filling station, called my mechanic and took a commercial bike home. I was glad it wasn't in the middle of no man's land when it happened. I fit no meet my tire or battery by the time I came back the next day.

There things are machines, anything can happen anytime.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by Aaaaarghmed(m): 11:33am On Dec 05, 2021
Munzy14:

Even suspension?
I dont even know what the suspension looks like,never changed it ,despite my bad roads.
Re: Has Your Car Ever Disappointed You When You Needed It The Most by omoiyalayi(m): 4:15pm On Dec 05, 2021
Myexdisturbs:

Too sad,did the gear oil finish? And how much did they sell the new gear to u

The gear oil did not finished

It was just showing some bad sighs like not picking on time, even when it picked it will start dragging like the clutch plate is bad

My mechanic actually said it could be fix but when i look @ d amount to fix it 30k to 60k of new one plus the thought of it not last after fixing it that's why I decided to go for new one

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2019 Skoda Fabia Revealed (photo And Details) / Subconsciously: At What Clock Hand Do You Drive At An Average Speed? Let's Share / 15 Interesting Fun Facts About The Mercedes Benz And Daimler AG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.