Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,100 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) (73172 Views)

Lifeless Body Of Man Found Hanging From A Tree In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) / Identities Of The 8 Children Who Died In An Abandoned Car In Lagos Revealed / Gas Explosion In Ajao Estate, Lagos (Disturbing Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/499215-eight-children-found-dead-in-parked-vehicle-in-lagos.html

Child lock on all four doors? This sounds creepy. These things are mostly found on rear doors only.

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by IPIGSRHYPO: 11:10pm On Dec 05, 2021
Sad, simply sad.
RIP to these kids.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Euclid92: 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
This is pathetic.
Human negligence sometimes nah greatest disease
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 11:11pm On Dec 05, 2021
hush15:

Oga, I don't lock my car in my compound. Though we don't know what really happened cos there isn't much here to tell us what went down, children can be mischievous cos everything fit be play to them what was suppose to be fun end up costing their lives.

Now, I want to use this opportunity to send an open message to parents out there, please and please, teach your children properly to behave properly at all times. Small neglect can have big consequences as to what happened to Sylvester is not far from what happened here. Poor parenting. These are suppose to be kids under adult supervision but they were left to be wandering about. Even if they knew the aunty, the minute they saw that she was there, they shouldn't have entered the vehicle to start with

I salute this message. The things I see daily scares me. Had to shout at one kid, about 5yrs old, to take a knife off her sibling who was playing with it and appeared about age 2 or 3.

Yet, should a 5 year old be in charge of a 3 year old?

Toddlers playing near deep gutters and main roads or walking around without shoes on ground with bottles rusted tin cans etc.

Innocent kids born into the world to be put in harms way. Why do Nigerians have so many kids they are then disinterested in looking after properly?

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by MrJames007: 11:14pm On Dec 05, 2021
joe4christ:

Child lock should only function when the car is on a motion na. I don't understand why child lock will be active when the vehicle is off without batteries functioning
Even if there’s no electricity(no battery) in the car, child lock still functions. This has nothing to do with child lock. Even if they unknowingly locked one door, would they still lock the other one using child lock?
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
kolnel:

I guess you don't have a car and can't understand how child's lock safety works.
I have not seen one my brother cheesy

Enlighten me!
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by DavidHarry(m): 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2021
Which kind careless thing be this. Chai, parents need to more watchful this season
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by juwoonn(m): 11:18pm On Dec 05, 2021
May God provide a car for you so that you’ll understand better...
Child lock feature will make the car open from outside but you won’t be able to open from inside. Parents use it to avoid their children opening the car door while on the road.
My kids used to play with the car door while I’m driving and have opened the door on two different occasions while the car was on motion; it was only God that saved them from falling off... I researched what I could do to savage the situation and found out about child lock... and it has stopped happening since I started using the child lock feature.
Wiseandtrue:

The story is not adding up!

It has child's lock, how were they able to open such car in the first place

2 Likes

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by juwoonn(m): 11:23pm On Dec 05, 2021
No... it’s a Lexus
Dsalvo:

Depends on whether it is manual winder window or electric window that does not wind down without the engine on. If it is the latter then no.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
juwoonn:
May God provide a car for you so that you’ll understand better...
Child lock feature will make the car open from outside but you won’t be able to open from inside. Parents use it to avoid their children opening the car door while on the road.
My kids used to play with the car door while I’m driving and have opened the door on two different occasions while the car was on motion; it was only God that saved them from falling off... I researched what I could do to savage the situation and found out about child lock... and it has stopped happening since I started using the child lock feature.
You mean the woman parked her car outside her house and did lock the car

Or are you saying she put child's lock because she left her kid(s) in

I am not understanding!

1 Share

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by ModestGal(f): 11:27pm On Dec 05, 2021
Useless parents, the children are not even wearing proper clothings. This is why I say they should give people license before they give birth. I'm sure most of them got impregnated at teenagehood and they are market women

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by juwoonn(m): 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2021
You’re wrong sir!
Child lock is active every time except you disable it the same way you enabled it.
joe4christ:

Child lock should only function when the car is on a motion na. I don't understand why child lock will be active when the vehicle is off without batteries functioning
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by ModestGal(f): 11:29pm On Dec 05, 2021
Wiseandtrue:

I am not understanding!
Pray that God gives you money to be able to own a car. You will understand

3 Likes

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by juwoonn(m): 11:31pm On Dec 05, 2021
How will I even explain to you?
See... when you put your phone on silence... it remains on silence until you restore it back to the old settings...the same way child lock works. If you turn on child lock for 5 years, it remains on until you turn it off.
So you open the door for your kids from outside every time... wether they’re entering or dropping.
Wiseandtrue:

I am not understanding!
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by yusluvad(m): 11:33pm On Dec 05, 2021
Dsalvo:

Dont mind Nigerians. A people who are always over the top and always thinking the worst. This is how they will go and lynch the owner of the vehicle claiming she sacrificed the children for money ritual. Nonsense.

Likely just an accident. A child has done it before in my friend's compound. He opened a car door, shut it and could not get out because of the child lock. Luckily there were a lot of adults around and we found him in the vehicle crying.
Don't mind Nigerians and yeye judgements, small time now and they'll begin jungle justice on the vehicle owner...
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by MartinsD12(m): 11:35pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/499215-eight-children-found-dead-in-parked-vehicle-in-lagos.html
That's what I keep saying, parents have failed woefully in their primary obligation as parents, how can you leave 8 children to go playing for hours you couldn't check on them that's wrong infact kids should be playing where parents should be able to monitor them
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by 1Sharon(f): 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
ModestGal:
Useless parents, the children are not even wearing proper clothings. This is why I say they should give people license before they give birth. I'm sure most of them got impregnated at teenagehood and they are market women

grin
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by yusluvad(m): 11:36pm On Dec 05, 2021
Dsalvo:

Don't mind that character. His type can lead a lynch mob to the house of the car owner even when the report says the car has child locks in place that prevented the children being able to open the doors from inside.
Don't mind him. It's just all little children mischiefs...
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by akpota(m): 11:39pm On Dec 05, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

What sort of negligence is that?

How will eight children open a parked car and cramp themselves in the car and then go ahead to lock themselves just to play inside? They need to do more investigation.

RIP to the dead.
Bros this story happened at my backyard. It is my neighborhood.
Those kids are these our Hausa kids who went to play and the woman the now owner of the house was asleep although she isn’t very mentally sound.
A girl age 12 was among them. Some of the kids are 13 too.
The Hausa people should learn to engage their kids. These kids play about while their counterpart have gone to school or vocations.
My pain is the senseless destructions which in my opinion, the perpetrators should face the law because if we look at this critically and legally, these kids ought not to have gone to a fence yard to play.
That yard owner a man died and that was why the vehicle a Honda CRV was packed down because the kids have gone to school and various place leaving behind their elderly mom who isn’t very sound mentally in the big compound.
I have spoken quite alot because this is saddening and the manner Nigerian our brothers behave.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by osazsky(m): 11:42pm On Dec 05, 2021
LibertyRep:
Haaaa! What sort of Àkóbá is this?

So out of all the available places to play, the 8 children only saw the inside of the car to play and no one noticed them.
and no one noticed them good point....2 every child plays inside abadoned car and be forming driver
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by cardoctor(m): 11:43pm On Dec 05, 2021
Super story
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by AlfaSeltzer(m): 11:44pm On Dec 05, 2021
They should sue Toyota.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Ethanuella: 11:46pm On Dec 05, 2021
akpota:

Bros this story happened at my backyard. It is my neighborhood.
Those kids are these our Hausa kids who went to play and the woman the now owner of the house was asleep although she isn’t very mentally sound.
A girl age 12 was among them. Some of the kids are 13 too.
The Hausa people should learn to engage their kids. These kids play about while their counterpart have gone to school or vocations.
My pain is the senseless destructions which in my opinion, the perpetrators should face the law because if we look at this critically and legally, these kids ought not to have gone to a fence yard to play.
That yard owner a man died and that was why the vehicle a Honda CRV was packed down because the kids have gone to school and various place leaving behind their elderly mom who isn’t very sound mentally in the big compound.
I have spoken quite alot because this is saddening and the manner Nigerian our brothers behave.
Now, somebody with a detailed explanation of the incident
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by cmecproblem(m): 11:47pm On Dec 05, 2021
So sad, they did not have a chance. Eight kids will finish the oxygen in a locked car within few minutes.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Originalsly: 11:48pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nbotee:

What does she need to tell about what happened to the kids? She parked her car in front of her house and children locked themselves in. It is jus children mischief gone wrong.

If the children can enter the car it means the car was unlocked. If the child lock was on it means the back doors of the car cannot be opened from the inside. If the children know to open the door from the outside it means they know how to open it from the inside. If they somehow didn't know .... they will know to blow the horn. If they don't know to blow the horn they would pound on the windows to attract attention since the was in the front yard. In these times children are smarter than you think at figuring out such stuff. Children dying in locked cars under the sun happens all the time... but 8 of them? This is no accident.... it is homicide.
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by siant: 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Franking:
Imagine. Being born in Nigeria is the biggest challenge anyone can have.
This is scrap jare. No where is paradise.
You have to be thanking God for being in Nigeria at times. Go and ask people in the war torn part of the world
Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Nobody: 11:49pm On Dec 05, 2021
Shetemi12:
Really.. the owner of the car should be questioned, everyone in the street should be questioned too.. i hate rubiush
Because she has a car? Simple intelligence, she won't be this dumb to kill them and leave them there. CIA

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by martinslaura: 11:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
christejames:
This is sad...

What sort of negligence is that?

How will eight children open a parked car and cramp themselves in the car and then go ahead to lock themselves just to play inside? They need to do more investigation.

RIP to the dead.

The matter tire me o. So none of them open it from inside. How did they open it from outside? Questions should be asked. RIP little angels

1 Like

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by akpota(m): 11:54pm On Dec 05, 2021
Nbotee:

There's nothing like negligence here.. They were playing in their own compound. This is jus children mischief gone wrong

Bros, it is not there own compound. This incident happens at the back of my house.
We share a fence!!
The kids in question are Fulani, Hausa kids who as we know most of them aren’t sent to school or vocation. They play aimlessly and sorrow to say, their parent don’t have a grib of this kids, anything goes.
The said owner of that house was a Lasu staff who does about two years ago.
Since that time, the Honda Pilot has been packed down because the kids all went to school/ work leaving behind their mom who isn’t too mentally well with her handsome grandson.
This will give you readers the clue that this compound isn’t where people go into because there is no one to relate with.
The old woman sit in her shop outside the gate house most days.
Now these kids gained entrance via scaling the fence to go play in the vehicle, and the grandson follow them when they entered his compound as age mate.
My pain is the senseless destruction metted out by the Hausa community.
After this kids were buried this morning with the community elders making peace, a fraction of them went to weak havoc on the house.
In my opinion they should be made to a bunt for damages so that they would caution themselves properly next time and not act lawlessly.
The elderly mentally unstable woman was almost beaten to death if not for two of my brave Hommie who went to stop before police came.
May God help us all.

4 Likes

Re: 8 Children Found Dead In Parked Vehicle In Lagos (Disturbing Photos) by Onucs(m): 11:58pm On Dec 05, 2021
This does not make sense.
I think there is more to this than meets the eye

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dead Bodies Stick Out Of Imota Cemetery, Lagos (Disturbing Pics) / What Kind Of Brutal STD/STI Can Cause This, (graphic Picture) / Are There Any Side Effects Of Using Methylated Spirit To Aid Beard Growth??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.