Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,805 members, 7,827,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:24 PM

Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? (8057 Views)

Man Bathes His Wife, Cooks For Her During Her Postpartum Recovery (Pix, Video) / Is It Bad That I Dress My Daughter In Boy’s Clothes? / Husbands Cooks For His Pregnant Wife, Feeds & Pampers Her In Warri (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by JovialJune(f): 10:09am On Dec 07, 2021
Ishilove:

Please tell me this is a joke?? embarassed

I'm dead serious, she said it's her special healthy delicacy and combo lol, her husband hardly eat her food, he eats before coming back from work, then eats the little he can to fulfill all righteousness cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by JovialJune(f): 10:19am On Dec 07, 2021
theamazonguru:

That locust beans with egg go make sense oh.
The idea is this:
Some people add maggi to their egg before frying it.
Locust beans is an alternative to maggi for some people.
Hence this person in question is simply using locust beans as an alternative to maggi.

I will try that combo one day sha.
I so love my soup with locus beans.

You are weird, you and her would have been a perfect fit grin

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by Hopealive500(f): 10:21am On Dec 07, 2021
theForth:
Hey guys, what's up?

I was at my uncle's place today with my mum, I noticed his wife complained about something bitterly because they had a private chat and it was so unlike her.

After the whole visiting, I asked my mother what was wrong and she told me that my uncle cooks his own food all the time and even does his laundry alone and his wife doesn't like it, and although she's been complaining for over 5 years but he doesn't seem to change. I asked for my mum's opinion and she said she'd be totally uncomfortable if her husband doesn't eat her food year to year, same with my babe.

Is it wrong for a married man to cook his own food?
if him like he should hold his panis, my own be say just dere give me myown food everyday.
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by theamazonguru(m): 10:29am On Dec 07, 2021
JovialJune:

You are weird, you and her would have been a perfect fit grin

How did you know I am weird?
Flesh and blood has not revealed this to thee, but my father who art in heaven.

Me wey I go enter canteen, if dem ask me say which soup I want,I go ask them which one dem get.
If them say them get okra, oha, Ofe onugbo and egusi.
I will ask them to mix all for me.

I cannur comman goan kee myself.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by CUMIN: 10:53am On Dec 07, 2021
JovialJune:

Lol locust beans in concussion rice is not that bad, it's mostly called local jollof rice where you use palm oil, veg leaf, locust beans and other local ingredients to make it.

Damn. I had PTSD from that taste.
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by dalass(f): 11:13am On Dec 07, 2021
JovialJune:
Her food is tasteless and terrible that's why he cooks his own food, tell your mum to advice her on improving her cooking skills like catering schools etc. I know someone like her lol, she uses locust beans to fry egg lipsrsealed

Like seriously? grin grin grin
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by Testimony1988(m): 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2021
Is not wrong at all, it depends on the understanding of both couples, like I can assist in the cooking when she's not at home but not when she's at home, she will expect me to cook, while some will say, her husband should not cook, then in that case for peace to reign, the husband should please obey, if am in his shoes, I will obey.
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by remitarich(f): 1:42pm On Dec 07, 2021
a man cooking is not bad in that everyone is meant eat maybe to do something special or fun, u know this family stuffs but when the wife cooks and he cooks his own separately from time to time, i guess something should be wrong maybe he doesn't like the meal prepared by his wife or something else but what ever maybe his reasons, he should address it with love other than dividing his home.

so dividing the home by cooking separately is wrong of him.....
is like he planed and prepared for quarreling before marriage.
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by DrMuzungu(m): 2:44pm On Dec 07, 2021
It is strictly forbidden for married men to cook... in People's Republic of Dumbfvckistan.
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by Blackdisciple(m): 2:53pm On Dec 07, 2021
No
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by socialmediaman: 3:02pm On Dec 07, 2021
theForth:
Hey guys, what's up?

I was at my uncle's place today with my mum, I noticed his wife complained about something bitterly because they had a private chat and it was so unlike her.

After the whole visiting, I asked my mother what was wrong and she told me that my uncle cooks his own food all the time and even does his laundry alone and his wife doesn't like it, and although she's been complaining for over 5 years but he doesn't seem to change. I asked for my mum's opinion and she said she'd be totally uncomfortable if her husband doesn't eat her food year to year, same with my babe.

Is it wrong for a married man to cook his own food?

A woman should be worried if a man cooks his own food and does his own laundry. Maybe he’s doing those because she doesn’t do them to his taste, or complains about doing too much, or maybe he was single for long and got too used to it. There is possibly more to how it all started.

I may be wrong, but there’s something odd about that arrangement because it doesn’t show they’re working together as a family. Based on the classic traditional/religious family system which most homes in Nigeria adopt, Someone should play the role of cooking and cleaning, doing laundry etc. Some men start doing their own things when they’re gradiometers shutting down, hopefully this is not the case.

1 Like

Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by emanobis(m): 4:08pm On Dec 07, 2021
Ask your papa
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by johhbekeboh09: 5:29pm On Dec 07, 2021
thesicilian:
I seriously doubt if your uncle's wife knows how to cook

And it's seriously doubtful if she knows wash well too...!
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by kiddkash(m): 5:50pm On Dec 07, 2021
Mercychen:
It's all shades of wrong. He's bringing discord in the marriage by cooking his meals separately.

What your uncle is doing can only mean two things. it's either he feels the wife cannot cook very well or he doesn't trust her; like she's going to poison him and that is a very bad impression he's giving about her.

Why marry and not eat your wife's food for five years?
Are they having any misunderstanding?
There must be an unresolved issue somewhere none of them is telling you and your Mom.

That your uncle is wicked. He's just punishing the woman.
If I'll advise her, let her Stop bothering about him. He's not worth it.
I get your point. maybe with all the pressure women feel at home, he is trying to lessen the burden on her
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Dec 07, 2021
kiddkash:

I get your point. maybe with all the pressure women feel at home, he is trying to lessen the burden on her

That's not the point. The point is, he doesn't eat her food and he only makes for himself, not the whole family. So how does that relieve her of any stress if she's still going to cook for the rest of the family members?

Some men are just stone-hearted.
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by chii8(f): 7:03pm On Dec 07, 2021
If my husband decides to do the cooking, what exactly is the big deal? I mean, isn't that a helping hand he is rendering?He is cooking for the whole family and why should I complain?

It is even a romantic gesture wink kiss kiss kiss wink
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by chii8(f): 7:05pm On Dec 07, 2021
Mercychen:

That's not the point. The point is, he doesn't eat her food and he only makes for himself, not the whole family. So how does that relieve her of any stress if she's still going to cook for the rest of the family members?

shocked shocked shocked shocked Really

Hmmmm..... this is serious oooo,abi he thinks his wife will jazz him.

It is either he's cooking for the whole family or he's not cooking any shit... Infact umuada must hear this undecided undecided undecided
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by kiddkash(m): 7:25pm On Dec 07, 2021
Mercychen:

there is also something else. when I was growing up, my mum told me to learn how to cook, so that no woman will ever do shakara for me with their food. the man has the kind of mentality like I do and my father did. when you have been alone for a long time, you get used to being lonely and doing things yourself. you'd feel some kind of unease if some else is in my apartment or cooking.

its is just when you have been lonely for so long, you only trust and depend on yourself, because people may fail you and if you speak about it, the other person may say they never knew you had a bad side. but if you do it yourself, and you mess up, you'll only blame yourself
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Dec 07, 2021
kiddkash:

there is also something else. when I was growing up, my mum told me to learn how to cook, so that no woman will ever do shakara for me with their food. the man has the kind of mentality like I do and my father did. when you have been alone for a long time, you get used to being lonely and doing things yourself. you'd feel some kind of unease if some else is in my apartment or cooking.

its is just when you have been lonely for so long, you only trust and depend on yourself, because people may fail you and if you speak about it, the other person may say they never knew you had a bad side. but if you do it yourself, and you mess up, you'll only blame yourself

Was there anywhere it said the wife was doing "shakara*?

Mind you, that saying can only come to play when the woman is acting up in that regard, which is not the case here.
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by Nobody: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
author=chii8 post=108299424]

:
o shocked shocked shocked Really
Yes. That's according to the op.

Hmmmm..... this is serious oooo,abi he thinks his wife will jazz him.

Exactly my thoughts. Some men can be very fettish.
Who knows? He may even have joined a cult or confraternity of some sort and they made him swear an oath never to eat his wife food otherwise he'll go for it.
Human beings cannot be trusted.

It is either he's cooking for the whole family or he's not cooking any shit... Infact umuada must hear this undecided undecided undecided

Gbam!
Re: Is It Bad If A Married Man Cooks? by kiddkash(m): 10:58pm On Dec 07, 2021
Mercychen:

Was there anywhere it said the wife was doing "shakara*?

Mind you, that saying can only come to play when the woman is acting up in that regard, which is not the case here.

no no no. I never said she was doing shakara. I said my mother told me to learn how to cook and never to depend on a lady to do it for me. so that the woman won't do shakara with her food for me.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Can I Use For Baby's Diaper Rash / How Much Will You Pay Your Maid Per Month ? [open To Read More Details.] / The Pain Of Inter Tribal Marriages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.