Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,377 members, 7,812,097 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death (29332 Views)

Police Arrest 3 Dowen School Students Over Sylvester Oromoni’s Death / Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni's Death (Read Full Statement) / Sylvester Oromoni: Video Of Dowen College Student In Pains Before He Died (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by TheNewsBeat21: 5:49pm On Dec 06, 2021
After petitions addressed to the Nigeria police force (NPF), the family of the late 12-year-old Dowen College student, Sylvester Oromoni Jnr, has hired the firm of a foremost human rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana, to prosecute the case against the institution over the unfortunate death of their son.

The lawyer has, therefore, written to the office of Lagos State’s chief coroner, requesting an inquest into the circumstances leading to the death of his client’s child.

Newslead had earlier on Monday reported the insistence of the deceased’s father, Sylvester Oromoni Snr, that his son was bullied to death, even as he lamented the attitude of the school management to the development.

Lawyer’s letter

The letter, which was dated December 6, 2021 and signed by Taiwo Olawale, a copy of which was obtained by this newspaper, was specifically addressed to the chief coroner, high court of Lagos State.

Entitled; “Request for Inquest into the Tragic Death of Sylvester Oromoni killed at Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos,” noted that based on the briefings by the family, the late student died as a result of injuries allegedly inflicted on him by his seniors at the school.”

The letter reads in part: “Given the needless death of Sylvester Oromoni, we are compelled to request you to use your good offices to cause a coroner’s inquest to be conducted into the cause of death of this young and promising boy and make appropriate recommendations pursuant to Section 15 of the Lagos State Coroner’s Law 2007 that states that an inquest shall hold whenever a coroner is informed that the death of a deceased person within his coroner district is as a result of a death in a violent, unnatural or suspicious situation.

“We hereby request your lordship to conduct an inquest into the circumstance surrounding this tragic death and we are confident that your lordship will accede to our request with utmost urgency.”

https://www.newslead.ng/2021/12/06/dowen-college-family-hires-femi-falana-over-sons-death/

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by headSmasher: 5:52pm On Dec 06, 2021
I don't understand

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Maxymilliano(m): 5:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
Interesting ! No matter how it goes or swings, the school will not come out of this smelling of roses

152 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by tutudesz: 5:57pm On Dec 06, 2021
Femi Falana is the best human right lawyer in Nigeria presently and I believe the family will get justice.

203 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by YeyeGbami: 5:58pm On Dec 06, 2021
Matters arising. Blogger go chop die this season

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Daveambition(m): 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2021
Daddy Falz to the rescue, let justice prevail...

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Lavisha(f): 6:24pm On Dec 06, 2021
E don dey redd.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
If that means doesn't work out try this means for instant justice

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by shigishege: 8:03pm On Dec 06, 2021
That mean they are all in trouble. This is the man I feel namidi should have employed instead but due to tribal bigotry in thier blood they rather continue to suffer than hire another tribe's man to deliver them.

93 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by xcommando(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2021
Nice move by the family

7 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by dasparrow: 8:19pm On Dec 06, 2021
Very good. Although I am still of the opinion that Sylvester's parents failed him and so did his school. His parents knew Sylvester was being bullied yet sent him back to school. Most Nigerians lack parenting skills.

108 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by JaroMan: 8:31pm On Dec 06, 2021
TheNewsBeat21:
After petitions addressed to the Nigeria police force (NPF), the family of the late 12-year-old Dowen College student, Sylvester Oromoni Jnr, has hired the firm of a foremost human rights lawyer and activist, Femi Falana, to prosecute the case against the institution over the unfortunate death of their son.

The lawyer has, therefore, written to the office of Lagos State’s chief coroner, requesting an inquest into the circumstances leading to the death of his client’s child.

Newslead had earlier on Monday reported the insistence of the deceased’s father, Sylvester Oromoni Snr, that his son was bullied to death, even as he lamented the attitude of the school management to the development.

Lawyer’s letter

The letter, which was dated December 6, 2021 and signed by Taiwo Olawale, a copy of which was obtained by this newspaper, was specifically addressed to the chief coroner, high court of Lagos State.

Entitled; “Request for Inquest into the Tragic Death of Sylvester Oromoni killed at Dowen College, Lekki, Lagos,” noted that based on the briefings by the family, the late student died as a result of injuries allegedly inflicted on him by his seniors at the school.”

The letter reads in part: “Given the needless death of Sylvester Oromoni, we are compelled to request you to use your good offices to cause a coroner’s inquest to be conducted into the cause of death of this young and promising boy and make appropriate recommendations pursuant to Section 15 of the Lagos State Coroner’s Law 2007 that states that an inquest shall hold whenever a coroner is informed that the death of a deceased person within his coroner district is as a result of a death in a violent, unnatural or suspicious situation.

“We hereby request your lordship to conduct an inquest into the circumstance surrounding this tragic death and we are confident that your lordship will accede to our request with utmost urgency.”

https://www.newslead.ng/2021/12/06/dowen-college-family-hires-femi-falana-over-sons-death/

Honestly, this family is doing things rather too fast.
I won't say more than this, you see Nigeria celebrities on Twitter and IG, you to be careful with them.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Mayng01(m): 8:35pm On Dec 06, 2021
I doubt if dowen will remain dowen after this saga. The beginning of its downfall

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Daniel058(m): 8:45pm On Dec 06, 2021
shigishege:
That mean they are all in trouble. This is the man I feel namidi should have employed instead but due to tribal bigotry in thier blood they rather continue to suffer than hire another tribe's man to deliver them.
NAMIDI is not an Igbo name

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by RoyalBoutique(m): 8:53pm On Dec 06, 2021
fuckingAyaya:
If that means doesn't work out try this means for instant justice

I don't know why they're wasting time.

This one is instant.

6 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Tinubuadvocate: 9:00pm On Dec 06, 2021
Continue deceiving yourself femi that will ignore poor man case...If you don't have enough money. or your case not get public attention just dont bother go his chamber.
tutudesz:
Femi Falana is the best human right lawyer in Nigeria presently and I believe the family will get justice.

6 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by tutudesz: 9:05pm On Dec 06, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Continue deceiving yourself femi that will ignore poor man case...If you don't have enough money. or your case not get public attention just dont bother go his chamber.
Abeg carry your stupidity come from here

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Tinubuadvocate: 9:07pm On Dec 06, 2021
grin definitely i exposed your boss.
tutudesz:

Abeg carry your stupidity come from here

6 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by AoifeNightfall: 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2021
So they have money to hire a lawyer like this but they let that boy die at home. angry angry

3 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Charmingrascal(m): 9:13pm On Dec 06, 2021
Even the Principal of the school should be a respondent in this case for lying and trying every means to cover up the incident and for also telling witnesses to shut their mouths and not say anything.

The Principal is criminal

68 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:14pm On Dec 06, 2021
DOWEN college has shown that they lack discipline in that school

This case should be in the full glare of the public to serve as a deterrent to other bullies!

Not to forget that good for nothing house master!

Infact, let's just wait and see what happens!

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Charmingrascal(m): 9:28pm On Dec 06, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:

Y'all just write gibberish without fact.

16 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by tutudesz: 9:29pm On Dec 06, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
grin definitely i exposed your boss.
My Boss Guy are you joking with the matter on ground

7 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Tinubuadvocate: 9:38pm On Dec 06, 2021
Mr man stop talking trash.
tutudesz:

My Boss Guy are you joking with the matter on ground

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by tutudesz: 9:41pm On Dec 06, 2021
Tinubuadvocate:
Mr man stop talking trash.
Guy you need help

11 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by OLDESTWARRIBOY: 9:49pm On Dec 06, 2021

It seems the school owners and the alleged suspects are well connected so this is what will happen:

Sanwo Olu go order panel...dem release Pink, white and blue paper say nothing happen say true true naa football cause the poor boy death. Him go order peace catwalk for the dowen college. No be Lagos again?? When money exchange hands

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by puppie017: 12:10am On Dec 07, 2021
Mayng01:
I doubt if dowen will remain dowen after this saga. The beginning of its downfall
Dowen don down

5 Likes

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by africandollar: 1:08am On Dec 07, 2021
O na acho ime! cool
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by UncleKoboko: 1:08am On Dec 07, 2021
Chai

See Wanaka grin
Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Mokason288(m): 1:10am On Dec 07, 2021
headSmasher:
I don't understand
Who was your English teacher?

Abeggggg go collect your school fees back

1 Like

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Arnoldo(m): 1:18am On Dec 07, 2021
JaroMan:

Honestly, this family is doing things rather too fast.
I won't say more than this, you see Nigeria celebrities on Twitter and IG, you to be careful with them.
are you not mad like this? Someone’s son was killed you say they are too fast.. you better use your head o

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dowen College: Family Hires Femi Falana Over Sylvester Oromoni's Death by Nobody: 1:19am On Dec 07, 2021
shigishege:

You took this literally out of my mouth. I wanted to type about this being the caliber of lawyer Namdi Kanu should have hired. When your life hangs on the balance, you hire the best.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mobolaji Emmanuel Ologede Gets Scholarship For Graduating Top Of His Class In US / Npowerng: How Was I Supposed To Answer This Question? / Poor Results Of Ambrose Alli University Economics Students (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.