Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,093 members, 7,818,281 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable (6545 Views)

This Is How America Treat Their Yam Eaters / How America And The West Are Likely To Assist Osinbajo To Presidency / How America And Allies Plan To Remove Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Nobody: 1:14pm On Jun 12, 2011
Whether or not banky's 'a pawn in a political chess game', the truth is if he wasn't corrupt in the first place, nobody would use him as a pawn (or scapegoat). What remains to be seen is if efcc is truly ready to prosecute or they're just dancing to the tunes of a yet-to-be-identified drummer.[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by lareine(f): 1:22pm On Jun 12, 2011
so fake. I pray we grow up!
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by fanex: 1:55pm On Jun 12, 2011
illiterates
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Hardeyorlah(f): 2:46pm On Jun 12, 2011
so fake
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by babaowo: 2:47pm On Jun 12, 2011
nah wha ooo naija wiki lol
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by eros(m): 4:40pm On Jun 12, 2011
Very funny write up indeed. Although with some element of truth, but it's all a big joke.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jun 12, 2011
of course the story is fake

the wikileaks cables are of events in the past

not the immediate present

unless the authors are claiming they are in direct receipt of US diplomatic cables
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by cxp: 5:42pm On Jun 12, 2011
wat kind of insult this poster is givin to ma president, if i were GEJ i wud stop this site, kia!!make una dey check una info before pastin, this looks like a movie to me ohh!!
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by ikoha: 5:58pm On Jun 12, 2011
sounds like an excerpt from a comic book.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jun 12, 2011
I certainly dont get this,
Was Bankole arrested on corruption charges or was he arrested by EFCC just because America has a personal beef with him??
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jun 12, 2011
Jimmy Boy:

Every other thing seems to be in order, until the statement " That's my boy". Even obama himself dares not utter that statement to the president of Nigeria. While we can ignore the form of the report, but I strongly believe that the US is putting pressure on Jonathan to take several positive steps, such as allowing Jega to do his thing.
Even if Obama utters such a word what is nigeria going do about it?
I recall a few years back when Hillary Clinton visited nigeria she referred to nigerians as criminals and even referred to nigerian politicians as w0rthless scums in their faces and they didnt do anything about it except rant like nigerians.My friend nigeria no get any level in the international scene.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jun 12, 2011
typo
rant like chickens
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by YoursGEJ(m): 6:40pm On Jun 12, 2011
After wikileaks, una think say diplomatic cables go leak again?! The ambassador heard what GEJ muttered and belittled him! How many of us on NL can be treated like that abi una think say na the most foolish Nigerian dey for aso rock? The writer and poster are both baboons. grin
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by MMM2(m): 6:49pm On Jun 12, 2011
really
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by adebio: 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2011
There is more to the news than meet d eyes. I suspect a hidden agenda in the way Bankole is being prosecuted. We hv other ppl whom we belief perpetrated more atrocity than bankole and non of them had been brought to book.
Gbenga Daniel absconded to uk and up til now Farida has not made mention of how he wil be repatriated to answer charges against him. I kn smthing must b fishing somewhere. Bankole is only being witchunted. Shikenna!
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Olaisrich(m): 7:35pm On Jun 12, 2011
Rubishhhhhhhhhh! jobless poster!
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by phraze(m): 8:06pm On Jun 12, 2011
wow na today, this is not a new story now so wen you say a thing like this expect the same response,
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by brinell(m): 9:20pm On Jun 12, 2011
The writer of this story is not very intelligent. After writing a believable piece at the beginning, he just messed it up at the end. What an anti climax.
Jonathan said blah bla, Ambassador said blah bla. Even the very muted words spoken by them were clearly heard by the reporter; such nonsense and then the childish attempt to paint President Jonathan bad.

Clearly, you can see the possible originators of such nonsense. But the ugly catch is that some people will still rush to believe and comment in favour of the report desperately by all means. Losers really.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by fineboy200: 9:37pm On Jun 12, 2011
i thought it is said that report was baseless. to me such stories does not make, its politically childish.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Skoopy(m): 10:13pm On Jun 12, 2011
Obviously, this article is fallacious, come to think of it, it must have been politically motivated, who knows?

I'm only but trying too hard to come to terms with the phrase ''THAT IS MY BOY'', It's heart breaking to realize some-people want to take us for a fool, Better consider making this a MOON LIGHT STORY, tell this to babies.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by EvilBrain1(m): 12:07am On Jun 13, 2011
This is fake.
1.  First of all the language of the cable is very different form that of the legit wikileaks cables. The writer even used slang terms and colloquialisms in some of the sub-headings. Anybody who has actually read a US diplomatic cable would instantly see that this is fake.

2.  There's the question of where this cable came from. It wasn't from wikileaks since their cache of diplomatic cables is more than a year old. There have been no new leaks reported and a search of their site doesn't show any such cable. Also, the events covered in the cable occurred just days ago. It is highly unlikely that a Nigerian newspaper would get the scoop so early.

3. There is no mention of this cable anywhere else on the internet. If someone has leaked even more american diplomatic documents, that would e a far bigger story than Bankole's arrest. The only mentions of this story on the internet (according to google) are nairaland and two local newspapers: peoplesdailyonline and nigerianewsday. It is very unlikely that either newspaper have a source willing or able to smuggle top secret documents out of a US embassy.

After about 5 minutes of digging around, I found proof that this is fake. The evidence is in the heading (containing addresses, dates and codes) which is also the only part of the text that initially appears legit. By running parts of it through google, you can see that the forger copypasta'd the heading from this saharareporters article: http://www.saharareporters.com/article/leaked-cable-evening-ambassador-ade-adefuye
He simply changed the dates, adjusted a few other things and completely made up the main body of the cable. Also, the forger left an obvious clue when he put things like "ASUU/NUC" and "ASUU OPC AREWA MASSOB" in the heading.

Obvious fake is obvious.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by mygee33(m): 8:25am On Jun 13, 2011
Rubbish. Couldt get to the end before knowing it's fake
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Eltonluigi(m): 9:19am On Jun 13, 2011
Nice try
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Bese: 9:52am On Jun 13, 2011
NL, pls let's face serious biz and talk less on issues that are not important now. This man called "bank ole" is only undergoing the normal trials to free him self 4rm the "allegations" and nobody is victimizing IF HE'S INNOCENT OF THE ACT. LET HIM PROVE IT?
it's either Us or Presidency but the move to take 9ja to a greater high and also make politicians know that the country blongs to all of us both home and in diaspora.
bankole & co shd be allowed to face the music. SIMPLE!!!!!!!!!
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by biglawks(m): 10:11am On Jun 13, 2011
I ENJOYED READING THE ARTICLE or drama. Only the foolest of the fools will not know this a lie.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by sinie: 11:04am On Jun 13, 2011
The article does not ring true
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by oladayo042: 12:23pm On Jun 13, 2011
This story make my day haha. cheesy cheesy
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Intrepid1(m): 12:37pm On Jun 13, 2011
Bullcrap! Show me someone who believes this and I'll show you a complete idiot!
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by hallo(f): 1:57pm On Jun 13, 2011
All this Bankole and EFCC wahala is irritating, i think i will join bankole to say EFCC is a toothless dog, am not condoning what bankole did but there is a real political dynamics at play in this.
This should also be spread to other corrupt public office holders too. If the president wants us to take his government serious, then justice should be allowed to prevail and the numerous pending cases of many other former public office holders especially past governors should be dusted, re-opened , resumed and prosecuted with as much zeal, commitment and speed as bankole's case is being pursued now. chikena. angry angry lipsrsealed
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Machine007: 3:45pm On Jun 13, 2011
"In that case, I will instruct Waziri (EFCC boss, Farida Waziri) to go and get him," Jonathan said. "That's my boy," the Ambassador muttered under his breath.

That above statement is were the writer got it wrong.

How can an ambassador, call the president of a country HIS BOY.

COOKED STORY.
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by Beerem: 10:43pm On Jun 13, 2011
According to the cable, marked as
"CONFIDENTIAL STATE 22345 ASUU/NUC, FRSC/SMC/AFRC, ASUU, OPC, AREWA MASSOB,
R.O 17543: Dec: 12/04/2035", President Jonathan was initially reluctant to give his permission for Bankole's arrest, saying that the allegations were "a campaign of calumny" spearheaded by "a faceless online site" and "I'm not going to let a principal supporter of mine to be hounded out of office or to be disgraced because some faceless online site is posting rubbish about him".

Marked as ASUU/NUC, FRSC,SMC etc fake na fake ooooooo
Re: How America Pushed Jonathan To Order Bankole's Arrest - US Diplomatic Cable by geniuscity: 2:46pm On Jun 14, 2011
Cock and Bull.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Biafra Has Been Recognized Since June 30th 1849 / At Last, Unknown Gunman Revealed (see His Pic) / PMB Pledges To Accord Railway Infrastructure Development Greatest Priority

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.