Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,103 members, 7,811,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:34 PM

What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted (2166 Views)

What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? / Wicked Anambra Woman Arrested For Child Abuse And The Little Boy Taken From Her. / What Is The Brutal Truth About Life After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2021
Most of us are always waiting on some big breakthrough, breathtaking achievement before we celebrate. We assume that if it's not making news it's not worth it. Let's learn to enjoy even the little things around that we overlook while waiting for our big celebrations. Let's make sure we live, every moment without hesitation.

For me, the welcoming smile on kids faces makes me remember my childhood, and how much and far I have come.
I'm grateful for true family and sound health. In the last two years, I suffered serious health decline that I couldn't even swallow saliva. I take every meal with a sense of gratitude now.

What are the little things about life you don't take for granted?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by PlayerMeji: 8:36pm On Dec 07, 2021
Take people for granted

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by psucc(m): 8:45pm On Dec 07, 2021
The struggles of the poor.

The hope of children

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by yomi007k(m): 9:01pm On Dec 07, 2021
Being able to breathe, eat , sleep, having good health and a place to live.

People pay alot for these simple things but I know the value thus I practice gratitude daily.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Ryda(m): 9:39pm On Dec 07, 2021
How far I have come in life

People who stood by me when in need

The works of my hand

The less privilege

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by kodded(m): 9:51pm On Dec 07, 2021
food.

I appreciate every food I eat because I know what it feels like when you have nothing to eat

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Double0h7(f): 10:09pm On Dec 07, 2021
The ability to breathe

6 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by tarantino1: 10:13pm On Dec 07, 2021
Ability to swallow.

I read a book years back, I think it was Ben Carson's book where a guy had brain issues and he could not swallow food or water.

The guy underwent multiple surgeries to fix the condition, something wey I dey do without thinking.

11 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by yuping(m): 10:22pm On Dec 07, 2021
Make una talk make I learn.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Richy4(m): 2:39am On Dec 08, 2021
The gift of life and being alive and healthy.. I always thank God every day for seeing the brightness of the day...

Anytime I get body pain or headache, I just get over-the-counter medications.. Some times ,I don't even take anything at all and it goes... No serious issues...

I don't take it for granted... Money buys lots of things but it doesn't buy health..If u go to the hospital and try palliative care units, U will understand what I'm talking about..
So for me, every passing day is a gift..

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Opeyemiextra(f): 6:41am On Dec 08, 2021
yuping:
Make una talk make I learn.
Talk your own cheesy What are you grateful for?
Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by b3llo(m): 7:51am On Dec 08, 2021
Ability to fart or poo without stress. I wont forget the night that I couldnt poo for over 2 hours because of constipation. Blood and mucous was flowing out from my anus and the pain was undescribables. I could feel the mass of the poo in my rectum but I couldnt drop it. It was hell but thanks to God its over

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Dtruthspeaker: 3:48pm On Dec 08, 2021
After you have made your own "brilliant" or "stupid" moves, remember God, too is playing in this game called life, so He too is making or shall make His Own Moves too.

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by helinues: 3:58pm On Dec 08, 2021
Food, Sleep, work, relaxation.

You see that food aspect, my laziness has never reached that stage of not being able to cook when hungry..

4 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by helinues: 4:00pm On Dec 08, 2021
Richy4:
The gift of life and being alive and healthy.. I always thank God every day for seeing the brightness of the day...

Anytime I get body pain or headache, I just get over-the-counter medications.. Some times ,I don't even take anything at all and it goes... No serious issues...

I don't take it for granted... Money buys lots of things but it doesn't buy health..If u go to the hospital and try palliative care units, U will understand what I'm talking about..
So for me, every passing day is a gift..

If you have been continuing experiencing body pain and headache, then you should consider your job/activities before thinking about medication. That could natural cure the pain with no repetition

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Richy4(m): 6:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
helinues:

If you have been continuing experiencing body pain and headache, then you should consider your job/activities before thinking about medication. That could natural cure the pain with no repetition

You are correct.. I like running on weekends... But some times, I don't do it..and any period I stopped,(say 2months break,) I will start experiencing pains.. immediately I resume, it will stop... so within that period, I just take pain killer... I kinda know it's nothing serious..

1 Like

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by freshbear(m): 9:36pm On Dec 08, 2021
Nice thread.That the life you have is borrowed you ain't promise tomorrow so I'm thankful to God for the gift of life.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by SeaTrade(m): 7:34am On Dec 09, 2021
Gratitude,try to be as polite as possible to everyone and not being class conscious and interact with everyone the same.
It helps a lot, gives street cred and love.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by JovialJune(f): 11:21am On Dec 09, 2021
Sleep, people don't seem to realise that when they sleep they are semi-dead, your body, mind and soul shuts down temporarily, and within that period one can transcend to the afterlife, so I'm always super grateful that whenever I wake up and open my eyes, I'm able to recognise my environment, it's a privilege, and I'm grateful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Pinkzebra: 12:18pm On Dec 09, 2021
tarantino1:
Ability to swallow.

I read a book years back, I think it was Ben Carson's book where a guy had brain issues and he could not swallow food or water.

The guy underwent multiple surgeries to fix the condition, something wey I dey do without thinking.

That's a big thing to be grateful for. Recently I had my brush bristles stuck in my throat swallowing was hell even my own saliva . I suffred for close to two weeks and then I know the ability to swallow without any ish is a big deal and now I'm grateful even for the ability to poo without assistance.

5 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by HarunaWest(m): 3:19am On Dec 10, 2021
I don't take the genuine poor or needy for granted. I hate to see people suffering for basic things.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Opeyemiextra(f): 12:13pm On Dec 11, 2021
tarantino1:
Ability to swallow.

Hmmmmm. We know that these things are priceless until experienced.
Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Opeyemiextra(f): 12:29pm On Dec 22, 2021
b3llo:
Ability to fart or poo without stress. I wont forget the night that I couldnt poo for over 2 hours because of constipation. Blood and mucous was flowing out from my anus and the pain was undescribables. I could feel the mass of the poo in my rectum but I couldnt drop it. It was hell but thanks to God its over

I can relate. I couldn't fart or belch for more than a year. My stomach was always bloated. The pain during this period cannot be described. I'm grateful for healing.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Ayo081(m): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2021
I think I don't appreciate things enough until I suffer or have a problem with what I usually do seamlessly.

I also don't document little wins like the OP said in the first paraphras.

My problem is maybe I don't care or I usually forget or I have a problem celebrating. I also don't like celebration undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by GboyegaD(m): 1:01pm On Dec 22, 2021
The gift of life itself. It reminds me that there is hope as far as I'm alive.

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Opeyemiextra(f): 4:43pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ayo081:
I think I don't appreciate things enough until I suffer or have a problem with what I usually do seamlessly.

I also don't document little wins like the OP said in the first paraphras.

My problem is maybe I don't care or I usually forget or I have a problem celebrating. I also don't like celebration undecided
Hmmmmm
Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Ayo081(m): 7:31pm On Dec 29, 2021
Opeyemiextra:

Hmmmmm

I don't know if there's a celebration disorder or something, we planned an hangout with friends, I didn't go. I celebrate people tho. undecided

1 Like

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Opeyemiextra(f): 8:05pm On Dec 29, 2021
Ayo081:

I don't know if there's a celebration disorder or something, we planned an hangout with friends, I didn't go. I celebrate people tho. undecided
I'm also on this table sometimes. Getting dress and then just lost interest in going. And, most people like that you show up for their events or hang out. I hope to do better moving forward.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Polynek(m): 8:14pm On Dec 29, 2021
Woow, I love this thread, considering my family background, am always happy whenever I think of the day's I was at home praying 4 GOD to give me the opportunity to stay on my own, to b totally independent.
Right now, even though I don't eat 3 square meal, am always GREATFUL to GOD for making me achieve my dream of staying alone and avoid all family palava.
Aswear the thought sponsoring my academics all by myself gives me a lot of joy grin
OLUWA am forever grateful

3 Likes

Re: What Are The Little Things About Life You Don't Take For Granted by Opeyemiextra(f): 7:07pm On Dec 30, 2021
That's something to be grateful for and I wish you greater ones as you enter this new year.
Polynek:
Woow, I love this thread, considering my family background, am always happy whenever I think of the day's I was at home praying 4 GOD to give me the opportunity to stay on my own, to b totally independent.
Right now, even though I don't eat 3 square meal, am always GREATFUL to GOD for making me achieve my dream of staying alone and avoid all family palava.
Aswear the thought sponsoring my academics all by myself gives me a lot of joy grin
OLUWA am forever grateful

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO: Couple Sleeping On Their Wedding Day / 400L Student Drops From University,claims To Be Called By God / All The Igbos On Nairaland Should Come In See What I Saw,unbelievable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.