Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,758 members, 7,851,593 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 11:55 PM

Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting (22635 Views)

Robert Lewandowski Reacts After Losing 2021 Ballon D’or To Messi / The Moment Lionel Messi Was Pronounced Winner Of The 2021 Ballon D'or Award / Ramos Invites Barca Stars To His Wedding, Ronaldo Snubbed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 08, 2021
abc115:
Cristiano Ronaldo finished sixth in the 2021 Ballon d'Or voting and was overlooked by a Portuguese journalist who failed to name the Manchester United man in his top five

Cristiano Ronaldo saw rival Lionel Messi claim a seventh Ballon d'Or this week, taking him two clear of the Manchester United star.

Ronaldo's last Golden Ball came in 2017 and he finished sixth in this year's gala.

Five men ranked above him as Robert Lewandowski, N'Golo Kante, Jorginho and Karim Benzema all accumulated more votes.

Coaches and journalists from countries around the world are allowed to pick their top five, with the respective votes then totted up.

That has led previously to national bias - but not in this case.

Portuguese journalist Joaquim Rita, who works for media outlet SIC, didn't even list Ronaldo in his top five.

Instead his top pick was Kante after the Frenchman played a key role in helping Chelsea win the Champions League.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/ronaldo-ballon-dor-portugal-votes-25615769

That is how voting should be. You must be ready to vote base on the true qualities of the contestants without sentiments. In Nigeria Hausa man will vote for Buhari twice despite that he knows he didn't do well in the second term. Yoruba man will go for Tinubu irrespective of his age. How the country wan take better ? It will be very difficult. Same way Man United and Madrid fans want would want to vote for Cr7 despite that they know he didn't perform well. As humans , we should be willing to put our conscience to work, if not we would suffer in this country in the next 8 years
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Lashist(m): 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Messi scored only both goal when they were already done and dusted with 2 goals up.... thats not a big deal, besides , it was bilbao...midclass team... Ronaldo scored both goals against inter in the semi final, when they were a goal down... which is a bigger contribution??
There you have it...one scored in the final to help win the competition...the other couldnt score against a midclass team like atlanta and wasnt even the best player in the competition grin. Hope your mind don dey calm now o grin

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by alabo1: 1:02pm On Dec 08, 2021
paulolee:

I don warn dis dumbo to stop quoting me since u de always forget to switch on ur senses whenever u do switch on ur data, since I get few minutes to spare, let me skul u..
u listed all messi achievement to compare with ur man BT forgot d key ones just bcoz u choose to remain dumb n stupid..
messi won d copa with Argentina dt won him votes for dt ballon, wetin cr7 win with Portugal??
messi finished as the best player in copa, did ur cr7 make top3 in euros best?
messi not only had most goals but also most assist, most dribbles n most freekick scored, wat about ur cr7??
lastly messi had a total number of 27 MOTM awards won, how many ur man win??
even other cr7 fans knew dt he had his worst season last year n couldn't even be compared to benzema individually bt u choose to be a dumbo n allow sentiment continue to bury ur sense of reasoning

You guys need to get a Life. How does this add value to your life? With all the issues we have in this country I am suprised at the kind of trivia people waste their time on. Open a political thread of a socially relevant one and you will never see this kind of detailed anylysis. I tire abeg
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
ThEGodFaThEr103:

E pain am well well.

Rotfl e really pain am no b small

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Szilard: 1:03pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

What nonsense are u even saying..now solo goals automatically means u are the best.... when will u guys understand that there are different attributes in football... a player thats good at anticipation and scores cud even be better than the one that does solo runs... in the end whether solo goal or bicycle kick or heading or screamers , ur number of goals determines who is better .... not by who has scored the most solo runs

Hahaha grin grin

So Messi ain't good at anticipating too?

Messi is good at anticipating and Making the play

That's why he's miles ahead

Oga, Leo is better than Pendu

Deal with it!
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Mosopzy23: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
moyosore32:

Anyone but Messi, e pay dem buh Messi pass all of dem combined together mk una try another season lol
Swears. I'm wouldn't be bothered even Messi Hadn't won sef. I feel Messi winning it is a huge loss to Ronaldo as Messi is even more likely to win it anytime soon than Ronaldo who has practically wasted his last four seasons. So Ronaldo has a lot of catching up to do.

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mosopzy23:

Your first paragraph sums everything up. You said he has been consistent for the past two season which is great. But you have to realize that the organisers of Ballond'or dont take into account two seasons. They only judge a player by the just concluded season's achievement. So I don't know y pple keep making the error of thinking Lewy's last 2seasons achievement would be considered.
So pls let's just stick to last season's achievement of both players and compare and contrast.

Secondly, on your last paragraph, you have to understand that football is evolving, assists and other criteria might not matter in the old football but trust me, they are beginning to matter now in modern football. For instance in the just concluded Euros , Ronaldo was adjudged the highest goal scorer by assists(correct me if I'm wrong). He and the guy in 2nd place were tied on equal goals, hence assists was used to determine the winner. So assists matters now in modern football.
Lastly, Messi is also a striker like Lewy yet he brings other features to his game aside goals so tell me why he shouldn't be a winner.

E no go spoil for u bro’s.. all ds pple no go gree o mk we leave dem with their shallow thoughts especially that kinni wey call himself kingcall

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:05pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

Lol...if its crap, they won't be showing it as stats...you don't know more than FIFA that is putting assists there for we all to see

If it was that serious..y don't they award best assist, golden assist like goals..thats simply shows u its crap..it u award best assist, then u should also award best tackles and highest tackles, so as interceptions... as I said earlier, only goals and saves determine the outcome of a game... thats y ud see them award highest clean sheets in competitions , but no highest assist... they awarded best goalkeeper and best striker in the last ceremony but no best playmaker or midfielder or defender...thats cos only goals and saves determine the outcome of a game
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Bigchristo: 1:06pm On Dec 08, 2021
tuzle:
U are not a Ronaldo fan. Ronaldo didn't under perform but Juventus underperformed. He can't play the entire pitch now. Last season barca underperformed but will u say the same of Messi? No. Ronaldo was the highest goal scorer in the league last season with 29 goals. So is it until he scores 40goals that he performed abi.
What are you saying? Messi have 30 goals in Laliga won Copa America, so Abeg keep your emotions in one side and think wisely, saying the truth doesn’t stop me from being a Fan of Ronaldo
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
Szilard:

Let me not even argue anymore about the assists

If scoring without assist should be a stat

Then Messi will win in that department,

Obviously,you can't tell me your Pendu has more solo goals than Leo

(Except if you're padding Penalties as part of the stat grin)

But if we even want to be logical at all

I'm very sure that over 80% of most goals scored in soccer were assisted!

Every other aspect apart from scoring Messi carry dem handicap oya when it comes to goal scoring Messi dey again wetin una want mk ds guy do again
Maybe we’ll start counting how often dey greet fans now
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:07pm On Dec 08, 2021
Szilard:

Hahaha grin grin

So Messi ain't good at anticipating too?

Oga Leo is better than Pendu

Deal with it!

I never said messi is not good with anticipations... but what u do on the pitch, will.the outcome win u games ... the reason y Ronaldo will always play even at his age is because he guarantees goals .... they dont need players that will dribble with no outcome of wins in the end..goals and saves win u games
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:09pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

There you have it...one scored in the final to help win the competition...the other couldnt score against a midclass team like atlanta and wasnt even the best player in the competition grin. Hope your mind don dey calm now o grin

And messi scored against Brazil in the final , abi he scored in the final the last time he played in the champions league final... I still don't understand if u guys think b4 posting

With or without his goals , they wud hv still won it cos they were 2 goals up with 20mins to go and bilbao were not playing anything... without Ronaldo's 2 goals in the semis against a bigger team Inter Milan , when they were a goal down, they wud hv lost...now who scored the more important goal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Szilard: 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

I never said messi is not good with anticipations... but what u do on the pitch, will.the outcome win u games ... the reason y Ronaldo will always play even at his age is because he guarantees goals .... they dont need players that will dribble with no outcome of wins in the end..goals and saves win u games

Oga rest grin

Las las na.trivial banter

Go drink cold coke

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2021
Lashist:

Lmao...you don dey curse person family cus of ronaldo grin cheesy...funny boy

Did u quote him when he cursed me first...typical messi fan...one way traffic..no questions , just follow

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mosopzy23:

Swears. I'm wouldn't be bothered even Messi Hadn't won sef. I feel Messi winning it is a huge loss to Ronaldo as Messi is even more likely to win it anytime soon than Ronaldo who has practically wasted his last four seasons. So Ronaldo has a lot of catching up to do.

Aswear it and that’s why he ran off to already Mandisunited to form saviour lol
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Mosopzy23: 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
charlesm91:
valid points! Obviously i just can’t help but feel sorry for Lewa tho.

Same here. I thought it was even agreed some times ago that two Ballond'or trophies would be handed out . One for 2019 and the other for 2020.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:11pm On Dec 08, 2021
maxwell530:
but Messi won More titles than Ronaldo Na

If it's based on titles, Messi won more
If it's based on awards Messi won More

How did messi win more titles that Ronaldo for club last season
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by tuzle(m): 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
moyosore32:

Bro’s nobody talk say Ronaldo no do
He no do reach Messi na wetin we talk and that’s on period
guy go back and read the comments, the guy basically said Ronaldo underperformed. Did I say he played more than messi
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Mosopzy23: 1:12pm On Dec 08, 2021
moyosore32:

Aswear it and that’s why he ran off to already Mandisunited to form saviour lol

Even the man utd he ran too isn't helping matters. They pretending to be a contender on all fronts.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by tuzle(m): 1:13pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bigchristo:
What are you saying? Messi have 30 goals in Laliga won Copa America, so Abeg keep your emotions in one side and think wisely, saying the truth doesn’t stop me from being a Fan of Ronaldo
u go back and read ur comment,u basically said he didn't do well last season and did u see me saying he played more than messi or he deserves to be in the too 5.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 08, 2021
paulolee:
Wetin e play?? flop for juve, him japa leave dm for fourth n still flop for portugal wey e ghost against Belgium for euros.
or u think say dose guys dey sentimental n bias like cr7 fan boys for nairaland?

Must you vomit waste??

With all the goals and assists?

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:15pm On Dec 08, 2021
tuzle:
guy go back and read the comments, the guy basically said Ronaldo underperformed. Did I say he played more than messi

Well me I no say he underperformed buh, he no reach lewy sef let alone Messi last season
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Szilard:

You only keep exposing your stupidity man

If you had any reasoning you would know that maneuvering defenders to give an assist is as important as the goal itself..

Think na!...Is your brain logically dead?!

As regards tackles and interceptions...

How the fvck can you say they don't guarantee victory....

If they didn't

Then why don't coaches start 11 strikers in a team

Mumu, Defenders that tackle also win Ballond'or!

If their interceptions weren't important then defenders wouldn't be winning MOTM everynow and then!

Your sentiments and blindness is so funny to laff at...

Run along boy....

Mumu , so ur brain can't capture that ur dribbles will be useless if in the end the player wastes the chance .... goals approve assists, assists don't approve goals... hv u ever asked urself y during penalty shootout...its now determined by goals and saves ...thats cos those are the major 2 things that can win u games... ask ur self y the creators of the game dint instead select one on one and who beats his opponent with dribbles wins the match, or who assists first wins the match... assists, tackles, interceptions , dribbles, passes , are all in the same category
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Nobody: 1:16pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bigchristo:

Truth my arse

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by moyosore32: 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
Mosopzy23:

Even the man utd he ran too isn't helping matters. They pretending to be a contender on all fronts.

I loved d way u used d word pretend to be contending on all front, Ronaldo score 1goal Man U concedes 2 or three, Ronaldo scores 2 Man U concedes more shey na help he dey epp Man U so or dem wan tell us say Man U no dey score goals normally befor he show
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Nobody: 1:18pm On Dec 08, 2021
prekumohtim:

That is how voting should be. You must be ready to vote base on the true qualities of the contestants without sentiments. In Nigeria Hausa man will vote for Buhari twice despite that he knows he didn't do well in the second term. Yoruba man will go for Tinubu irrespective of his age. How the country wan take better ? It will be very difficult. Same way Man United and Madrid fans want would want to vote for Cr7 despite that they know he didn't perform well. As humans , we should be willing to put our conscience to work, if not we would suffer in this country in the next 8 years

Bla Bla Bla
Continue
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Dasilva12: 1:19pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kilishihunter:

Abeggi grin, Ghosted this, Ghosted that, Messi assisted lautaro's goal against Colombia and scored his own penalty, you think he's like your Pendu that would go awol If he doesn't score, Portuguese journalist even confirm am say him countryman na fraud grin
Hope you guy and your family have belle full b4 coming here argue cos person that never you exist.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Nobody: 1:20pm On Dec 08, 2021
moyosore32:

I loved d way u used d word pretend to be contending on all front, Ronaldo score 1goal Man U concedes 2 or three, Ronaldo scores 2 Man U concedes more shey na help he dey epp Man U so or dem wan tell us say Man U no dey score goals normally befor he show

He should be the goalkeeper nah

Messi also keeps for PSG

270-290 assists but you only see nothing really

You guys see nothing about Ronaldo

Sewage upon sewage

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Mosopzy23: 1:22pm On Dec 08, 2021
moyosore32:

Let's see how this season will end for them . I believe their new coach should be able to get them a decent run tho.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Dasilva12: 1:24pm On Dec 08, 2021
[quote author=abc115 post=108304701]Cristiano Ronaldo finished sixth in the 2021 Ballon d'Or voting and was overlooked by a Portuguese journalist who failed to name the Manchester United man in his top five

Cristiano Ronaldo saw rival Lionel Messi claim a seventh Ballon d'Or this week, taking him two clear of the Manchester United star.

Ronaldo's last Golden Ball came in 2017 and he finished sixth in this year's gala.

Five men ranked above him as Robert Lewandowski, N'Golo Kante, Jorginho and Karim Benzema all accumulated more votes.

Coaches and journalists from countries around the world are allowed to pick their top five, with the respective votes then totted up.

Portuguese journalist Joaquim Rita, who works for media outlet SIC, didn't even list Ronaldo in his top five.

Instead his top pick was Kante after the Frenchman played a key role in helping Chelsea win the Champions League.
See how they are argue bcoz of 2best that never know some of them exist, you better use your upper.
Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Szilard: 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Kingcalls:

Mumu , so ur brain can't capture that ur dribbles will be useless if in the end the player wastes the chance .... goals approve assists, assists don't approve goals... hv u ever asked urself y during penalty shootout...its now determined by goals and saves ...thats cos those are the major 2 things that can win u games... ask ur self y the creators of the game dint instead select one on one and who beats his opponent with dribbles wins the match, or who assists first wins the match... assists, tackles, interceptions , dribbles, passes , are all in the same category

You don't even get the point

The dribbles, interceptions and passes aid to win the match

As I said earlier

Since na only goals you need

Tell the coach of whatever club you support to always play 11 strikers

I no go reply you again

You're too dumb

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Snubbed By Portuguese Representative In 2021 Ballon D'or Voting by Kingcalls: 1:25pm On Dec 08, 2021
Bigchristo:
Whoever thinks Ronaldo was snubbed according to this news does not have sense, those who accumulated votes scored it out of their performance in various club, I am a Ronaldo fan the truth is Ronaldo under performance in Juventus last season, if we are talking about those that really merited votes should be Lewandoski and Messi and Lionel was fortunate enough to win his 7th ballon D’or so whatever the Journalists pick was for himself those who voted for Ronaldo knows exactly what they see in him so cut the crap nobody was snubbed the vote counted according to performance.

U are a fake Ronaldo fan...if u say Ronaldo underperformed...then how did messi outperform him for club... answer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

ACCRA NEWS: Thread Closed! / Birmingham 2022: Brume Wins Gold In The Women's Long Jump Event, Makes History / Omg! A Must See For All. Safest Betting Strategy No Punter Has Ever Thought Of!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.